[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just played these games and they're both boring trash.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: Clipboard.jpg (110KB, 558x315px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard.jpg
110KB, 558x315px
Just played these games and they're both boring trash.

Why are they so overhyped here?
>>
Hate for Bethesda and meme game, respectively.
>>
>>322464790
no you didn't.
>>
>>322464790
The quests and writing are pretty good on both accounts. Likewise the gameplay for both is average, but the multiple options you have for completing quests and various different dialogues based on stats and skill make for good variety and replay value.
>>
>>322464790
They aren't overhyped, you just have really shitty taste.

Easy explanation.
>>
1>NV>2>3>Tactics>4>BoS
>>
>>322464790

I think the player was the problem in this case.
>>
>>322464790
Because /v/ is full of memesters.
>>
>>322464790
Fallout 2 is by far the worst Fallout, i agree with you. But NV is amazing. /v/ likes NV because it wasn't made by Bethesda, not because it's good. People here are console cucks that don't buy game unless it's weeb pedo shit.

1>NV>3>4>2
>>
File: 1422393220616.jpg (98KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1422393220616.jpg
98KB, 1000x1000px
>>322466350
This b8 is so complex i might need a few days to analyze it and get back to you.
>>
>>322464790
>Just played these games
>Why are they so overhyped here?
You were born too late.
>>
>>322466575
>teaching child fish that a hook is bait

What a shitty school
>>
>>322466208
Finally someone I can agree with.
>>
File: 1405269254155.jpg (511KB, 685x600px) Image search: [Google]
1405269254155.jpg
511KB, 685x600px
>>322466968
You gotta walk before you can run anon.
>>
>>322464790
You didn't, you played a few hours and then dropped them to create a b8 thread.
>>322466791
>You were born too late.
Invalid argument, Fallout 1 and 2 are quite easy to get into (well, at least Fo1). I played them for the first time last year and they were interesting enough to have me sucked into their world. And I don't like CRPGs.
>>322466350
While I agree that Fallout 2 is a horrible game compared to the first one at least it respected its predecessor and was consistent in many ways.
>>
File: 1450632601832.jpg (64KB, 387x335px) Image search: [Google]
1450632601832.jpg
64KB, 387x335px
I've been playing Fallout 2 with the restored content project all week long

It's so fucking good, it's like a hundred hours of constantly thoughtful and rewarding design

It starts slow but even that pays off enormously

I can't stop playing

I can't stop imagining Goris and K-9 leaning out of my highwayman window while we cruise the desert

someone help me
>>
I did enjoy them anon, played them around 2 months ago and was actually surprised even though they're so old
>>
>>322468045
>restored content

what you say?
>>
>>322464790
Because you are not supposed to play those games on the IPhone your mom got you for getting your 10th smiley sticker at school
>>
>>322466208
NV = 2 > 1 -POWER GAP- Tactics -POWER GAP- 4 > 3 > BoS
>>
>>322464790
Because the alternatives (FO3 and FO4) are much much MUCH worse
>>
>role playing game
>you start out as a primitive tribal

What were they thinking with Fallout 2?
>>
>>322468650
Nigga look it up.

It restores an area The EPA which can give you an extra companion.
>>
>>322468650
http://killap.net/

It finishes and implements almost all of the game's cut content seamlessly, which is a lot of stuff, and you pretty much are retarded if you play the game without it
>>
I want 2fags to LEAVE
>>
>>322464790

I bet you don't like Baldurs Gate 2 as well, you pleb.
>>
>This game is not for me
>therefor it is objectively bad
/v/ needs to just die out
>>
>>322469187
After playing both honestly 2 is vastly superior and probably the best CRPG I've ever played, and you sort of would be a retard to disagree.
>>
>>322469815
Even Chris Avellone said that back in the day many Fo1 fans were quite dissapointed with Fo2. He also said that the game was rushed and that he and other people in the team made amateur-tier mistakes.
>>
>>322464790
>underage detected
>>
>>322469815
The main quest in Fallout 2 is so laughably retarded it's no wonder it was recycled by Bethesda for Fallout 3

>kill da wastelanders because DURR
not even real neonazis are this stupid
>>
>>322470103
>Even Chris Avellone said that back in the day many Fo1 fans were quite dissapointed with Fo2

I was one of them, I like being told by current two fans that I'm a nub for thinking nv is better now though.

Slight bitterness aside, 2 was like a giant bowl of fallout soup, some of it tasted great, some of it tasted like lumpy shit. A lot of the later isometric games "from le golden age" had this mixed bag syndrome the problem is people remember the one or two really great things that happened in each game and ignore the rest of the dog shit.
>>
>>322464790
You're an underage with shitty taste, go back to your mobashit.
>>
Because most people that play games for muh story don't know shit about storytelling and what good story actually is. NV is a decent game, seriously overrated but I enjoyed it, story is typical vidya manchildish meh, older fallouts aged like milk and you aren't supposed to play them anymore unless you suffer from severe autism and obsolete graphics, interface and mechanics don't throw you away. Or if you aren't a nostalgia faggot.
>>
>>322471373
>story is typical vidya manchildish meh,

What do you think NV was trying to convey with it's story? Just out of curiosity.
>>
>>322471575
That everyone is out there for himself, stuck between need for change and old traditions, in a fucked-up world? I don't really have a problem with what it was trying to convey either way, rather how it was shown. Giant clusterfuck of everything from army and hobos to robots and some barely sane technowizard on top of his money-tower, it's all cool decorations sure, but there's barely anything beneath them and not enough... screentime to show one or the other thing good enough. Shockthemes like cannibalism do a good job at masking otherwise shallow world.
You probably guessed by now that I'm not a big fallout fan, so maybe that's just that. I'm not saying that's a terrible game, as I said it's quite decent and I even finished it (which is a rare thing nowadays), I just don't get why everyone is so obsessed with it.
>>
>>322473361
It's cause the comparison is with fallout 4.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.