[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ill be dead before i can master this game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: ryu_vs_guide.jpg (51KB, 612x220px) Image search: [Google]
ryu_vs_guide.jpg
51KB, 612x220px
Ill be dead before i can master this game.
>>
>>322463959
this game will be dead before you can master it, you mean. as soon as 5 is out, nobody will be playing this.
>>
>>322464270
People still play 3rd strike though.
>>
>>322464741
yeah but 3s is a whole different species to sf4, it has a decent following even now for a reason. japan fucking loves it still and has plenty of tournaments.
sf4 is timeout fighter: focus edition, most of the 3s players i know never got into sf4 beyond learning to fadc and then quit.
even watching evo sf4 is dull as fuck.
>>
>>322464741
Only people who have been playing it. No one likes 3s.
>>
>>322465070
no 09ers like 3s. sleep fighter 4 fucked up their taste.
>>
>>322464964

>SF4 is timeout fighter: focus edition

I legit don't know how you can say this
High level play at this point is so optimised Evil Ryu will kill you if he touches you twice
Depending on character if you score a knockdown you may have just taken the round and their lifebar just doesn't know it yet

If you mean the game is slow-paced, I don't necessarily think that's true either. There's plenty of top-level SF2 matches that involve fireball wars with about a pixel's width of movement for half the round, and people hold that game up like it's the Last Good Fighting Game
People will still play SF4 after SF5 comes out. Obviously not to the degree that they do now (or rather, did a year or two ago) but honestly I think that's because the majority of people just follow onto the latest game anyway
>>
>>322465528
compared to 3s it's like wading through high water.
yes, you can do high damage combos with eryu and whoever else, but when a match is 60 seconds of pacing back and forth trying to get into perfect footsie range, that takes away from the hype of any 5 seconds of damaging combos.

i can't comment on sf2 as i have never really played it beyond mashing as an 8 year old on snes, and i really didn't enjoy it when i played it as an adult.
>>
>>322465943

>but when a match is 60 seconds of pacing back and forth trying to get into perfect footsie range

Although you're exaggerating, finding and establishing your range has always been a core concept of SF
If you think that's boring to watch, that's perfectly fair - it's easy to find something boring but appreciate the skill that went into it
If you think it's boring to play, I don't think you actually enjoy Street Fighter and possibly just prefer 3S because it has flashier things like parries - high level play of the game still involves what you describe
>>
>>322466248
i understand what you mean, i know it's one of the absolute fundamentals of SF, but for me its the pacing thats important. the same thing happens in 3s, yeah, but its faster and matches can be over in seconds when a mistake is made.
an incredible amount of knowledge can go into the high level play, but when pretty much nothing happens for nearly 30 seconds of a match, thats not hype.
>>
>>322464741
>People still play 3rd strike though.
Not really.
>>
>>322465943
>but when a match is 60 seconds of pacing back and forth trying to get into perfect footsie range, that takes away from the hype of any 5 seconds of damaging combos.
literally every street fighter
>>
File: 1422675707205s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1422675707205s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
3s fanboys consistently show that they are extremely ignorant when it comes to both Street Fighter and fighting games.
>>
>>322466509
Why would they ever need another fighting game when they have 3s?
>>
>>322466509
whatever i'm switching to skullgirls anyway
>>
>>322467915
I wish I could love skullgirls but I'm just not a big fan of the marvel feel and long combos.
>>
>>322466387

>thats not hype

Fighting games are about winning, not hype
>>
>>322468787
the two don't have to be mutually exclusive.
>>
File: 1451677771570.jpg (56KB, 524x451px) Image search: [Google]
1451677771570.jpg
56KB, 524x451px
>>322463959
Don't worry, the game will be dead and forgotten by then too
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.