[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2016: The Year Of PC Gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: titanxputinforweb.png (279KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
titanxputinforweb.png
279KB, 650x433px
>Nvidia's new GPU architecture, Pascal
>AMD's new GPU architecture, Polaris
>AMD's new CPU architecture, Zen
>all of which is being built on the new 14nm processes
>All of which will be the most affordable range of GPU's yet and bring 60FPS to the masses
>GPUopen
>DX12 taking off quickly when the first games appear in March
>Vulkan being rolled out by the end of the year
>HBM2 becoming the new memory standard
>Samsung and Intel working together to bring 4K prices down and make it the standard
>WiiU emulation progressing as breakneck place, CEMU already running some games at 25-30fps with full 3D rendering
>Exclusives that can only be done with the power of PC like Star Citizen and XCOM 2
>Every worthwhile console 3rd party exclusive will have a better version on PC
>Japanese companies like Sega and Square Enix agressively porting games on PC to be the ultimate versions
>Modding will only get easier with Unreal 4's native support for all games
>VR, the biggest leap in gaming technology will be here within the next four months with the majority of AAA games on PC supporting it officially or with user created mods.

Who /hype/ here?
>>
>>322457549

ME
>>
>>322457549
All that, and it's meaningless since developers are making games with hardware from 2008 in mind.
>>
File: ShutUp10.png (55KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ShutUp10.png
55KB, 600x600px
>DX12 taking off quickly when the first games appear in March

Before this thread gets infested with trolls, I just wanted to say that if you're begrudgingly installing Windows 10 just to be able to play future DX12 games but are concerned about issues like telemetry and autoupdates, I highly recommend using a program like O&O ShutUp10.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 633x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 633x900px
ITS NOT FAIR IM TIRED OF SUB 20 FPS

PS4 REFRESH WHEN
>>
>>322457759
Enjoy your placebo
>>
>>322457686
yeah as long as you have a 750Ti or greater you're sitting above the main target demographic for PC software, which is a three+ year old laptop
>>
File: Happening Bunker.gif (165KB, 669x472px) Image search: [Google]
Happening Bunker.gif
165KB, 669x472px
>CES next week
>Valve and Oculus confirmed will be showing the final versions of the Vive and Rift along with the prices and release date
>Valve have said they are announcing "Something incredible" and "Everything they worked towards"
>>
>>322457686
considering that you wouldn't be able to run a game like dying light on a GPU from 2008, I highly doubt that
>>
>>322457972
>"Everything they worked towards"
online subscription based denuvo i bet
>>
File: 1269893534437.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1269893534437.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
I'm glad everyone on /v/ is going to support AMD over Intel/Nvidia.
>>
any new monitors coming out soon or is it another year of the same tn panels? i set aside some dosh to finally replace my really old dell monitor this year.
>>
>>322457549
So when will these new-gen GPU's hit the market?
>>
okay
what about the games
>>
File: guts.jpg (553KB, 1990x1280px) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
553KB, 1990x1280px
>mfw Pascal in mere months
I'm so excite. It'll be great to finally upgrade.
>>
>>322458203

More AMD FreeSync panels are on the way. Wait till after CES next week as that's where most of them will be announced.
>>
>>322458091
Arctic Islands, certainly not. Zen, definitely if it's any good. Fuck Intel and their shitty 10% performance increases.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.