[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

But why doesn't anyone give this final fantasy the recognition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2016-01-03-04-40-37-1.png (1020KB, 1080x761px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-03-04-40-37-1.png
1020KB, 1080x761px
But why doesn't anyone give this final fantasy the recognition it deserves? It's 10 times better than VIII, 5 times better than IX, 2 times better than X, and if not better than equal to VII. II was good but was greatly surpassed by pic related.

Thoughts?
Comments?
Judgements?
>>
>>322455108
It was the last FF before the mass casualization and brogaming began with FF7.

I think it's the best FF, myself.
>>
It and CT are tied for my favorite SNES games. I agree it doesn't get a lot of recognition, not on /v/ at least.
>>
Remake is soon brother
>>
But VI is consistently one of the most highly rated games in the series on the internet.

Like, literally the only games more popular than it are VII and X, and maybe IX on /v/ because of how vocal the fans are.
>>
>>322455108
same problem with ff4, it's generic and bland. the gameplay is terrible and incentivizes tons of inventory micromanagement, which is obnoxious

played it until a couple of hours into the ruined world and quit out of boredom
>>
>>322455108
It's boring, tedious, and the combat is braindead. The Esper system is half-baked and trite.
The opera scene was insipid shit.
But it has great music.
>>
>why doesn't anyone give this final fantasy the recognition it deserves?

Final Fantasy 6 constantly gets praised.
>>
V is the best.
>>
I never see FF1 or FF3 discussed on /v/. What are people's opinions on those games?
>>
>>322455108
>why doesn't anyone give this final fantasy the recognition it deserves?

Because most people started with FF7 so they fondly remember FF7 and refuse to play anything with shitty graphics like FF6 and below.

Most FF fans never tried anything older than FF7 or they can't seem to get it over their heads that the only reason why they love FF7 more than anything else is because it was their first jrpg ever.
>>
>>322455951
deprecated
>>
>>322455805
>opera scene was insipid shit.
REEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT
>>
>>322456082
There was nothing special about pre-7 Final Fantasies and there's no reason to act like people are inferior for not caring about them while still calling themselves Final Fantasy fans.
>>
>>322455951

FF1 is, well, it's okay but for me it doesn't really have much of a "hook." Its gameplay is really standard, there's no real customization after you pick your classes, and there isn't much of a story. It's not a bad game, but it's not one that I ever really feel like replaying either.

I feel similarly about 3 but the job system makes me like it more. But whenever I play it I always just wish I was playing V instead.
>>
>>322455567
it better be for 3ds
>>
>>322455108
>gather FF1-6
>roll die to choose which one to play first
>can't be bothered playing the rest
>say that FF is the best of the original 6 so you have an excuse to never play the others
I swear this is what /v/ does. I've played 1, 3, 5 and 6 and they all felt too similar to choose a clear favourite. Only the first one felt different and that's because it was heavily lacking in story and personality.
>>
File: 6-locke-a.jpg (30KB, 339x383px) Image search: [Google]
6-locke-a.jpg
30KB, 339x383px
>>322455108
You forgot to mention Undertale recently ripped off it's esper storyline and no one seemed to notice. A side bit of story in the game was enough to make something Game of the year for a bunch of plebs almost twenty years later.
>>
>>322455301
>implying FFVI wasn't casual as fuck
>>
File: gp1dh1u.gif (983KB, 361x241px) Image search: [Google]
gp1dh1u.gif
983KB, 361x241px
FF6 is GOAT

What other game lets you suplex a train?
>>
>>322455108
Because Phantasy Star is better in every way of course.
>>
>>322455951
I played it on a phone, I don't usually have high opinions on mobile games but I remember likeing it
>>
>>322455108
Most of the 7 fans never got to play 6 first - some never even had a SNES/SFC and played other Square/Squaresoft SNES/SFC games.
>never played Chrono Trigger, Romancing SaGa, other FF games of that era, SMRPG, Live A Live, Bahamut Lagoon, Front Mission, Rudra no Hihou, Mana games of that era, and so on
>7 babbies are the kind that usually puts graphics over gameplay
>>
>>322455108
>5 times better than IX
>2 times better than X
>X is better than IX
>>
>>322457142
>expecting pasta cazools to have played games only released in Japan

cut them at least a little slack

even if Live A Live was great
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.