[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What year did machinimas die? I remember watching some of these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: RVBmaniac215563dbfc1e665.jpg (59KB, 647x960px) Image search: [Google]
RVBmaniac215563dbfc1e665.jpg
59KB, 647x960px
What year did machinimas die? I remember watching some of these RVB videos years ago when I was a kid, why didn't this style of video making ever take off?
What came after machinimas?
>machinima videos
>[gap]
>Let's plays
What filled the gap before Let's plays became a thing?
>>
>>322451492
Early RVB is actually really good.
>>
>>322451492
RvB was great up until they started to go serious with it, Whatever that Washington and the Meta arc was, was when I lost interest.
>>
>>322451492
What filled the gap?
Top 10 CoD kill montages

In other news
Leet World Season 3 soon
>>
>>322451875
Yep, couldn't watch it after that. Still watch Rooster Teeth stuff but RvB isn't the same.
>>
They just gradually evolved into letsplays over time.

See the yogscast. They started off with a scripted show recorded using minecraft, then realised all they really needed to do for views was play the game and talk over it.
>>
>>322452019
>Top 10 CoD kill montages
These were a thing? I never got into CoD.
>>
>>322452063
this
>>
RvB died after they began doing the animation during the Halo 3 seasons.

Sure the fight scenes were neat but after a while it got tiresome. I stopped watching when Reach came out.
>>
>>322451875
>>322452047
Getting serious wasn't anywhere near as bad as when they decided to animate it
>>
>>322451875
I thought the Meta was neat, and the occasional animated part they began putting in was cool at first.

But then they went too far with the Freelancer stuff that was way too serious and none of it was machinima.
>>
>>322452401
aren't you the guy that buys literally all the kamen rider collectibles
>>
>>322453094
That second season of the Freelancer section I can confirm kicked ass though. I recently watched all of RvB very recently when Halo 5 came out. It all holds up super well. Probably the dullest season is the first Halo 4 one, but the two seasons after that a really well done so idk.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.