[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to get into the Deus Ex series. Which ones are worth my time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Dxcover.jpg (125KB, 362x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dxcover.jpg
125KB, 362x450px
Trying to get into the Deus Ex series. Which ones are worth my time?
>>
>>322447950
release order
>>
>>322447950
You mean which ones out of all of three that exist?
>>
Deus Ex GOTY and Human Revolution.

Invisible War isn't very good, and The Fall is a shitty smartphone game that got ported to Steam.
>>
>>322448203
Is Invisible War significant to the story? Assuming I enjoy the original, I want to be privy to what's happening when Mankind Divided is released.
>>
>>322448036
Looks like there's only 4. I thought there were more.
>>
>>322448335
It's a sequel to the first that is a 'what if ALL the endings happened' type of deal. It's not the same but it's worth a play.
>>
You must play Deus Ex, it's a classic of the genre
You can play Invisible War but they changed a lot of the game mechanics
You should play Human Revolution because Eidos Montreal did a decent job making a Deus Ex for the current gaming climate
The Fall never existed
Mankind Divided isn't out yet
>>
Should I play with the revision mod or save it for replays?
>>
>>322451109
Always play a game vanilla first.
If you start to hate a part of it, keep pushing for maybe 1 hour more. If you still hate it afterwards, mod time.
Also, use GMDX for "improvement". Revision is reported to be more re-imagined.
>>
>>322447950
Play the first game, do the training and beat the first level before putting it down if you're not getting into it. It's very hard to adapt to, but you'll do it if you're good at video games.
Haven't played IW.
DX:HR is a very good game, but not as flexible as DE. Play it after DE.
The Fall is shit.
>>
>>322447950
Deus EX Goty is old as fuck but still 10/10. I played it 2 years ago and now is one of my favorite games.

Human Revolution is objectively the best AAA game of the gen. I wish every AAA game was like this.

Avoid Invisible War.
>>
Play them in chronological order.

Deus Ex HR -> Deus Ex -> Invisible War
>>
The first one. It's one of the best games made.

You can play IW but it's disappointment

If you want Reddit: the game you can play HR.
>>
First map sucks dick don't let it fool you. The game gets VERY good after that
>>
>>322447950

Both DX1 and Human Revolution are great places to start. The original being the best obviously, but if you picked up HR first that's still plenty fine, as the two stand well on their own.
>>
>>322447950
Just play Deus Ex 1 and then Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut.

Invisible War was the Phantom Menace of the series and The Fall is just a port of a movie game.
>>
>>322456827
the directors cut does things worse
>>
I played Deus Ex GOTY on Steam and had a great time with it. It's super dated and has pretty bad shooting mechanics, so don't play it as an fps. You'll have a ton of fun.

Then skip to Human Revolution. That's what I'm playing right now, and it's hella good so far
>>
I could not get into Deus Ex.

I finished 2 first missions and I don't feel the game. Maybe because it's too old or I don't know.
>>
>>322448335
It's significant to the story in the sense that it's what we currently know is the conclusion

But it's better to just player the first one and HR because IW is shit and the story ending at the first one is fine
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.