[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the destiny demo on ps4 the same as vanilla destiny? it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: destiny1.jpg (816KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
destiny1.jpg
816KB, 1920x1200px
is the destiny demo on ps4 the same as vanilla destiny? it's a big ass download and says "full game" on the download. never played it i want to try it out before paying 60$ for the game with dlc
>>
You download the whole game but only level up to level 7 or 8 and you can only do some stuff on Earth. You can't try any PvP either.
>>
>>322433286
damn that's lame. thank you for the info.
>>
>>322433286
This.

I think Destiny is awful but the first Earth missions in particular are extra bad
>>
>>322433471
No problem. I don't know if the Taken King stuff is still on sale, but it was $45 and that included everything put out for Destiny so far. The base game, both DLC packs from year 1 and Taken King. If you're gonna buy Destiny, get that version.
>>
>>322433146
Do not buy, nothing but on disc dlc and the most cuck community in vidya.
>>
>>322433694
>most cuck community
This man is correct.

Destiny fans are fucking weird. They get fucked in the ass by Bungie and they insist Destiny is the greatest game ever. Even those that can realize how shit Destiny actually is rarely stop playing because they're so cucked, they hold out that maybe just maybe Bungie might make it all better and they never do.
>>
>>322433641
It's 40 on Amazon still for digital or physical. No reason to buy physical for this game.
>>
>>322434102
Its an addicting game designed to be as addicting as possible. That it plays as well as it does is a huge bonus and helps with it.
>>
>>322434192
Well the digital version has 2 different types. There's a base Taken King version which is usually cheaper, but only comes with the Taken King expansion. There's another version that comes with everything digitally, but thats usually a bit more expensive. When you buy physical, you always get everything.
>>
>>322434215
I know, I played a shit ton of it. But I took a serious evaluation of why I played it and it didn't make sense. You grind the strikes to play the Raid, you grind the raid to play Hard Mode, then what? Max level means nothing, having all the weapons means nothing, hell most of the weapons are shit. I spent hundreds of hours in that game and I'm not sure why, I never felt like anything I did had meaning, my character never felt stronger and I wasn't happy to find new weapons because I never felt like I earned them since they're randomly dropped. Not to mention the Rock-Paper-Scissors PvP with awful maps. I think back to my time playing Destiny and I feel so ashamed, like I'm the biggest idiot. Nothing I did ever made me happy or even had an impact in the game, I don't know why I ever played it for so long.
>>
I was a huge fan of halo a few years ago but have no interest in halo 5. i know destiny is nothing like halo of course, i'm looking for a good shooter to get into again, i've heard the game is grind heavy which i don't mind but i'm skeptical about purchasing it still.
>>
at this point, just wait for destiny 2 will will be released later this year.
>>
>>322435264
The titan is basically Master Chief. Pvp is alright in some modes. Its fun if you have friends, otherwise its boring as hell
>>
>>322435264
As someone who has put time into both Destiny and Halo 5, Halo 5 is simply a better shooter. You can get mad at 343i's mediocre campaign and poor management, but the shooting mechanics is better, there's no Super Abilities and spawning with power weapons, and there's no grinding. If you want Destiny for it's PvE, well it's really fucking barebones, even with 3 DLC's. I know it's hard to believe but it's true. Also, there's a lot of grinding, but the grinding means nothing. Once you reach max level, there's nothing special except you can play the raid on Hard Mode. You're literally grinding for a number and nothing else.
>>
>>322434875
>It's like every MMO ever.
WOW
>>
>>322435761
>Destiny is an MMO
Lol, Deej pls go, I've had fun on actual MMO's and the loot actually means something and there's huge open worlds and cool enemies to fight. Destiny is like somebody wanted to make an MMO because they thought the idea sounded cool but never actually played one.
>>
>>322434875
>Max level means nothing, having all the weapons means nothing
Not true, you wreck other people's shit on the Iron Banner and on Trials of Osiris
>>
>>322436429
Iron Banner is pointless though, it's just Control. Trials is fun and is the only thing I play nowdays, but it's not so much fun you'd grind specifically for it.
>>
>>322436705
The game tries to be an MMO but it plays like a linear game

You can really only enjoy things once, after that it gets boring as fuck

Like it was really cool spending 5 hours to complete King's Fall the first time i did it

then it became a fucking chore and borefest afterwards

They also have failed thrice on making something better than Vault of Glass
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.