[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shooting yourself in the foot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: Borderlands2boxart3.jpg (74KB, 250x360px) Image search: [Google]
Borderlands2boxart3.jpg
74KB, 250x360px
I have such mixed feelings about this game. Loved the first one to death. Haven't played Pre.

>farm my ass off for weeks
>Have awesome orange gear as level 50
>got GOTYE though so currently at 59
>just bought the Vault Hunter Upgrade 2
>played all the Tiny Tina dlc and got a segment and a half of an xp bar
>made the mistake of Resetting my UVHM playthrough "to start fresh" and get more xp easily
>enemies at level 58~62 completely shrug off my attacks from all my orange 50 gear
>break my shield in 2 bullets
>2 clips and they still have a shield
>have died 9 times in 15 minutes
>not even at Flynt yet

Most retarded thing I've done this year so far. Why is this game like this? When I played BL1 I had one white rifle that I used from level 25 up until 49, and the only reason I exchanged it was because I found the exact same thing but scaled to my level, and I took the 49 one through all the DLC and was successful. RIP Atlas.

Anyone else have moments like this in other games? Where you do something and then immediately regret it?
>>
>used a white rifle from 25 to 49

No you didn't. it's literally impossible for a white rifle to be that good even in the first one.
>>
>>322422921
I should mention, it was also because I absolutely refused to exchange it for something that wasn't another Atlas rifle, and I didn't find one until 49. It was a lot of me just being stubborn.
>>
In UHVM you have to update your gear quite frequently, this is because the game uses exponential scaling instead of linear like BL1 had. The higher you get in levels the bigger the difference in guns stats each level.

Depending on your class/build there are some guns that are pretty easy to get. Farming the Bar Room Brawl for tokens is a good way to get exp and Unkempt Harolds. Knuckledragger is good to farm every few levels for a Hornet. Stuff like that. For leveling you will probably have to grind bosses or Bar Room Brawl. My favorite method is finishing the Clan War quest in the Dust then using the Lynchwood exit back to the Dust and just farming that boss over and over since you will always spawn right next to him.

Also, slag everything in UHVM.
>>
>>322423418
>tfw the Tiny Tina dlc is the only one you've played

Which one is the bar room brawl in? I'm assuming not in Hammerlocke's but it sounds like it could go to Torgue or Captain Scarlet's.
>>
>>322424438
It's in Torgue's, that shit be crazy sometimes.
>>
>>322424438
>>322424610
Yeah, Torgues. There is a currency in that DLC called Torgue Tokens, you get them from doing repeatable missions like the Brawl, and from doing the DLC's storyline. You can then use them at special Torgue vending machines that only stock their guns, and the weapon of the day will always be a legendary.

That's only one option though, if you don't have the Torgue DLC it's no big deal.
>>
>>322424610
>>322424960
I got the GOTYE dlc disc and downloaded everything so I'm good on that. Glad I have tomorrow off. Might even get the platinum lol.
>>
>>322425606
Nice, have fun broski.

I'm replaying 1 at the mo myself. Revolver Mordy, level 40 and still haven't found a masher though.
>>
File: 1360020068077.jpg (119KB, 859x679px) Image search: [Google]
1360020068077.jpg
119KB, 859x679px
>>322422660
I just picked up the GOTYE a few days ago after buying borderlands 2 through the xbox store during black Friday sale, (actually just returned the GOTYE back to gamestop after I downloaded all the dlcs)
Did my first playthrough as Zero and thought it was so a fun change of pace playing a class at range instead of the melee/tank class. After I finished TVHM with Zero, I started a new game as Salvador and HOLY SHIT is gunzerker some of the most fun i've had in any game in a long time.
Went with a pistol build on him dual-wielding slagged rubi in my left hand and DP unkempt Harold in my right and everything just melts. I've been running around with no shield most of my playing time just constantly healing myself. Just started UVHM on him after finishing all the dlcs and there have been some parts that were tough early on but i'm in a groove now and just downed Bloodwing (fuck Rabid animals) and I'm having a lot of fun with the game.
What class are you playing as? Pistol build with salvador has been making quick work on UVHM. I can't even go back to playing Zero because gunzerker is just so damn fun.

>mfw I downed all the Invincible bosses solo with Salvador
>>
>>322427503
>Sal more fun than Zero

Did you try Critical Ascension with a Lyuda?
>>
>>322427503
I'm using the Commando, unfortunately. It was a nostalgia thing because I had played Roland in BL1 (before I knew he was shit, but the save got deleted anyways) so I picked Axton because he was familiar. I boosted a Siren and a Psycho up to 50 before I got DLC but I'd have to play the main story twice with them both before I could do anything worthwhile. It's a bad feel.

>>322428014
I want to do this so badly but I feel like Zero has a much more strict item set than all the other characters. Every build I see has the same couple of guns and relics. I see more variety in his grenade mods from builds than I see in guns. Which I mean, if it ain't broke don't fix it, but I like variety.

Which character is best for killing the Tiny Tina DLC dragons, solo?
>>
Needs more Moxxie
>>
>>322428980
You know there is a gun editor right?
>>
What's the best way of leveling up fast? Grinding normal bandits or something like that?
>>
>>322429256
For PS3?
>>
>>322429430
oh, sorry about that.
>>
Maya best girl, Lilith a shit.
>>
>>322428980
>much more strict item set than all the other characters

This is true, especially for Critical Ascension Zero since you can only use snipers. And melee Zero only has a few options too. But what he lacks in variety he more than makes up for in fun playstyle.

>Which character is best for killing the Tiny Tina DLC dragons, solo?

Zero and Sal can both do it pretty well. Gaige too if you prestack Anarchy. Everyone else has a fairly hard time.
>>
>>322423418
>the game uses exponential scaling instead of linear like BL1 had
this completely ruined the game. what were they thinking
>>
>>322429430
Took me half a minute to find on Google.
>>
>>322429671
"Bigger numbers look cool" probably.
>>
>>322429586
>Which character is best for killing the Tiny Tina DLC dragons, solo?

I soloed the game, including the dlc, playing with Maya and it was pretty easy.
>>
>>322429829
Same. But soloing the dragons with her is a pain in the ass unless you use something cheap like beehawk.
>>
>>322429514
Don't be, I have it on PC as well but I'm playing on PS3 to humor my brother and good friend, who both just got into the game, but who also both lack PCs. I'm very satisfied with my progress on my PC version.

>>322429586
Looks like I'm just gonna have to suck it up and build up a Zero then. Or grind/trade some nice gear for my Maya, since I watched my friend solo them with her, while playing split screen to boost a backpack character. Not a big fan of Salvador.

>>322429676
I like interacting with humans. Besides, my two best characters got deleted from my first save due to mods. Not a huge fan anyways.
>>
>>322430153
>I like interacting with humans
You can interact with humans without being internet incapable. Anything else I can teach you?
>>
>>322429991
I don't remember which guns I've used but I didn't use anything OP, just normal weapons like a fast shooting revolver
>>
>>322429671
it's an MMO tactic. Makes for a better skinner box if the reward is proportional to the time put in, so it'll have to be exponential.

The problem is, and I don't know how they missed this, borderlands is not a goddamn MMO.
>>
>>322430258
I don't think so. I'll get back to you though.
>>
>>322430762
I know you will.
>>
Dont bother farming til OP8, you need an on level sandhawk/bee and DPUH. at OP5 farm for new shit then that should carry you through digistruct. OP levels made the game extremely broken where only 20% of the guns games are fukin useful. OH AND BTW... if you dont have a grog nozzle, then id understand how you would get frusterated at this shit... but always have that mission item in your inventory (dont hand in quest) and always use chain lightning as your grenade (regen + wide hitbox) for passive healing whenever you get hit.
>>
>>322423418
One thing I don't get though is if the big problem is exponential scaling, why isn't there a mod to just change some numbers around and bring it back to linear scaling?
>>
>>322431861
I'm not sure, I've actually never seen any proper mods for BL2. BL1 has custom maps and shit which is cool.
>>
I got the game on steam for cheap cheap. Never finished the main game because I got bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw9AqFWaA5U
>>
File: 2016-01-03_00005.jpg (510KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-03_00005.jpg
510KB, 1920x1080px
>>322426136
>just hit 40
>found this in a vending machine (it's actually lvl 40, looks 33 because of a bug)
>has ammo regen
>have ammo regen on my class mod too
>back at full ammo by the time I finish reloading

And then BL2 went and got rid of almost all ammo regen. Dayum shame.
>>
>>322432816

Ammo is abundant in all borderlands, it's a useless stat. Plus I like running out of ammo sometimes so I can get a chance of other weapons even if they do slightly less damage.
>>
>>322433839
Usually. But it's nice sometime to be able to just spam shots everywhere without picking anything up. Especially with revolvers since their ammo can go pretty quick.
>>
>>322429518
Gage a best.
>>
>>322436026
She's also good.
>>
>>322429518
>>322436816
Lilith is the best looking, but worst personality.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.