[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we just have a thread talking about how trash this game was?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Tales Of.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tales Of.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
Can we just have a thread talking about how trash this game was? I just beat it in 33 hours and it felt like such a chore to do it, I hate to admit it but the ending kind of made me tear up but overall it had a lot of flaws.

Let's start with the atrocious skill system, even though the game tries it's best to explain how the skill system works I found it convoluted and tedious. I just equipped items that gave me better stats, I didn't even bother trying to line up skills and all that shit to get bonus effects.

Secondly the leveling system for shops was retarded, it was a water downed version of the shop system from Tales of Xillia.

Thirdly the combat system was boring, in all the other tales games we had really entertaining combat systems, in ToA we had Field of Fonons which was super fun and in Xillia we had Link Artes but in ToZ we get the ever amazing "Armanization" It was fun for a little bit but I found it to be very boring compared to other combat systems. I always found it exciting to see what artes would create new combos in what not in ToA or ToX but you can't do that in ToZ, oh no all we can do is Armanize and do the same like 10 hidden artes compared to the dozen of combo artes we got in other games.

I won't talk badly about the cast since I enjoyed the majority of the characters, except for Rose. I just found Rose to be annoying and somewhat edgy because she is an Assassin, also My poor Dezel ;~;

Fourthly you remember how herbs were rare commodities in other tales games? Yeah in this one they are all over the place, I didn't have a hard time finding a bunch of them but the game wants you to power yourself up by traveling the world to find stats, in other tales of games they use to be rare when we found them.

Fifthly the plot was a rip off of King Arthur lore, (Pendrago, Camlann, Camelot, Sword in the stone, Lailah was essentially Merlin grooming Sorey for Shepardhood, .etc)
>>
Let's focus on the important things, like how cute Mikleo is!
>>
File: Tales of Zestiria.jpg (128KB, 1916x1053px) Image search: [Google]
Tales of Zestiria.jpg
128KB, 1916x1053px
>>322415619
>Armanization
Mikleo: "Sorey! Suit up!"
>>
We told you, nigga. Practically every Talesfag thinks Zestiria is bad.

Personally I think most of the ones since Vesperia have been mediocre, but Zestiria stands out as one of the worse ones. Still liked it more than ToS2 though.
>>
>>322417253
Not OP, but what I really like from Zestiria are the traditional fantasy setting (a lot of Tales has this seemingly high fantasy world with weird buildings and shit. Not bad though, but I'm bored with it.) and the okay characters.

As fun as Graces was I can't stand looking at the absolutely annoying party.
>>
>>322417253
I still don't like Xilla 1 & 2 more.
I'm also not fond of Graces, but that's mostly because I hate the cast.
>>
>>322415619
M I K L E O A Q T
I
K
L
E
O

A

Q
T
>>
So which version is the Symphonia PC version gonna be based off of?

Are we going to get the secret hidden artes?
>>
>>322417803

Yeah, I find Graces to be a better game than Zesty overall but I can never go back to it because just the thought of dealing with those characters and that story again makes me die a little inside. It's one of the only times where story has almost ruined a game for me.

>>322417962

I actually like Xillia 2 the most out of the post-Vesperia titles because the combat is fucking incredible. It's a ridiculously lazy game with shitty environments and bad pacing, but it feels more complete than Xillia 1 and the combat system is cool as hell, albeit a little broken because of Ludger.

>>322418171

It's a port of the PS3 version, which was based on the PS2 version. So yeah.
>>
>>322415619

the skill system is obtuse and it's not as good as Vesperia, Symphonia, Phantasia, Destiny, or Abyss, but I'm enjoying it, I'd estimate I'm about halfway through.
>>
>>322418171

PS2/3 version, so only 30 fps.
>>
>>322418623

in fact, I really want the Vesperia items/skills system back. That was really simple and neat, learning the skills off the items so you could put points into them, instead of learning skills through like, guard charging 1000 times.

Synthesis was way better than fusion too.
>>
>>322418746
They might change that, who knows.
>>
>>322418820

Vesperia's system was alright. It just got kind of annoying when you started getting multiple versions of the same weapon with slightly different stats. (ie: Blue Fang Alpha +2) Could be easily fixed though.
>>
File: 1446500642442.jpg (3MB, 2188x1407px) Image search: [Google]
1446500642442.jpg
3MB, 2188x1407px
>>322419327
And I might change into a fucking bat.
Who knows.
>>
>>322419534

I didn't mind it, just about every tales game from phantasia onward had a way to synthesize your current gear into an upgraded version. This fusion system is pretty bad though. I'm still using an absolutely shitty weapon just because of the skill and unions/stacks that it provides. The skills on it just end up making it better even though it should have been outclassed by now. I can't even fuse it to make it better because I'd lose skills and it'd end up being worse.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.