[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck popular games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: 52308_fb.jpg (138KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
52308_fb.jpg
138KB, 640x360px
I don't want to try to sound edgy on purpose but I just can't stand most mainstream games and I don't get why everyone else likes them. Sure I like Indie Games but I also like "other normal" games but I just can't stand the BIG TITLES and I am wondering why everyone loves them. Let's take GTA 5 for example. The beginning wasn't any fun, didn't entertain me, didn't draw me into itself...but I've kept on playing until I had to play some incredibly stereotypical unlikeable ghetto niggas I just hated. Then Nigga 1 has to chase Nigga 2 and it just won't end. I've finished the race but I was like
>FUCK IT THIS IS NO FUN
But GTA 5 is the game everyone jerks off to. Now lets take
>Saints Row IV
I didn't see anyone jerk off to it even though the sales are good (I've read). It entertained me from the very first minute. I was like
>God there is so much going on and it is so silly
You fight terrorists, then you become president, you decide if you should stop world hunger or cure cancer, then all of a sudden aliens attack, you fight them and they trap you inside some alien Matrix which traps you inside Pleasant Ville or the 50s city of Fallout 4. There is just a lot going on and it is fun. Once you are playing the "normal" game it is still fun because you can run really fast or jump up buildings. I am just trying to say: It's entertaining, it's different, I can do stuff while GTA 4 is the big game that just turns me off.

Assasins Creed is another big series everyone seems to love but I just can't stand it. The settings behind it are great and give me a boner. I like those times but then the game is like:
>DO THIS! YOU CAN NOT LEAVE THIS AREA! YOU HAVE TO STAY INSIDE THIS AREA AND DO NOT DARE TO PLAY THIS GAME ANY DIFFERENTLY! YOU HAVE LOST THIS CHARACTER EVEN THOUGH HE IS JUST 5 METERS AWAY FROM YOU SO YOU HAVE TO CHASE HIM AGAIN FROM SCRATCH EVEN THOUGH HE IS AROUND THE NEXT CORNER!
For an open world game the game is a fucking cunt.
>>
You're entitled to your opinions, but don't expect to be having much fun in such a heavily commercialized industry with that mindset. Though I do agree with you, for the most part.
>>
>>322407089
I'm not sure what the fuck your point is here. That popular games are often shit? Were you born fucking yesterday? This shouldn't be a realization to you.

As for Saints Row IV, I fucking hated it, since it was a glorified expansion pack to 3, while ditching any semblance of emotion for OMG SO MUCH WACKY FUN.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (173KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
173KB, 1280x720px
I also hate the entire scifi element of Assassins Creed. Instead of just letting me play Pirate Johnny or something it's all just some weird VR thing my ancestor is seeing who is getting exploited by some evil company or something. It's just stupid as fuck.

Another example is Call of Duty- just why?
>>
>>322408012
Nigga, you're preaching to the choir. AC and CoD are almost universally reviled on /v/. Is this like your first day here? Have you ever been on 4chan before?
>>
Your just a hipster op. If GTA was unpopular you'd like it. It's OK. Every one on this board is a hipster fag.
>>
>>322407760

Well Saints Row IV entertained me from the beginning but I also gave up 2 missions afters I've learned how to jump really high. GTA 5 pissed me off from the very first second.

The thing is - and the reason why I am posting this is: I just don't get it. I know I am different because I mostly play Retro Games so I might not even count but why are most modern games so shitty YET SO BIG AND POPULAR and everyone loves them? I see that there are other good games out there with a lot of potential but they are overlooked or only a handful of people knows that those games are good and talk about them. They aren't your super big ass titles. So what's the conclusion here? Most people are fucking stupid so stupid games dominate the market?
I mean I see where GTA is good. It's polished. It looks good. You see that they've worked on it but it just turns me off.
Just like Assassins Creed Black Flag. It looks beautiful but so many things turn me off about it which is a crying shame once again.
>>
>>322408181

I lurk around on b and vr. Never felt the need to go to /v/ so yes first day on here.
>>
>>322408512
Stop giving a fuck about AC and GTA then
Its not like gta comes out yearly
Btw people dont talk that much about AC
>>
File: 635861806116416462.png (386KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
635861806116416462.png
386KB, 667x670px
>>322408687
Welcome to the board of endless shitposts, weebs and waifu threads
>>
>>322408687
Lurk moar then you fucking newfaggot
>>
>>322408012

Agreed on Assassin's Creed, that VR crap is what stops me from playing them.

However only bed-wetters hate on Call Of Duty, they are all tremendous fun.
>>
>fuck POPULAR games
Instant turn off. Opinion doesn't matter, indie shitlover. Arguments are invalid cause POPULAR is a main word here.
>>
>>322409767
Hating CoD is basically the gaming equivalent of born in the wrong generation. It's basically a meme at this point. Some of the games are better than others though
>>
>>322409767
>>322410257
Fuck you both, CoD is fucking trash.

This isn't a meme, it's fact.
>>
File: night_drummer.gif (538KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
night_drummer.gif
538KB, 300x222px
>>322410421
Seriously, what's wrong with WaW and MW? They're great at what they're supposed to do.
>>
File: giphy (3).gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (3).gif
1MB, 540x304px
>>322407089
You're a fucking faggot, dude.
>>
>>322410620
Nothing anon he's just laying down the dank memes.
>>
See people getting excited for these triple A games. Try them myselves during a steam sale. They always turn out boring as fuck. I do like GTA V though
>>
File: 1433787153301.png (205KB, 360x325px) Image search: [Google]
1433787153301.png
205KB, 360x325px
>>322407089
I think that I can relate.

I have been seriously considering buying GTA V during the sales but every time I look closer to it I just cant see anything that stands out in it... Just the fact alone that it is popular makes me want to think that its good and that I should buy it. And I've been browsing Steam discussions and watching people's profiles and every time someone has a lot of hours in GTA V they also have some other popular games that I just find so bland like newest COD, Fallout, Rainbow Six, Rocket League, H1Z1 you know what I mean...

Also I have something like 300 hours in sr2+3+4 combined and really found it fun - especially in co-op. Yet I dont see it being agressively advertized anywhere unlikely the big names.
>>
>>322409767
I'm actually loving BO3 so far. It's a lot of fun. The campaign has been silly too for as far as I've played too.
>>
File: IMG_20151223_155307.jpg (176KB, 578x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151223_155307.jpg
176KB, 578x700px
>>322410845
You just suffer from a severe intellectual disability. And you're an embarassing baby boy faggot zilch.
>>
>>322411113
>And you're an embarassing baby boy faggot zilch.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>322410958
The campaign is fucking stupid, they tried to pull of some mindfuck twist at the end but they ruined it in the second mission.
>>
>>322411113
>all this projection
I think you might need to take a bit of time off from 4chins anon, its not good for your mental well being to be quite honest with you.
>>
>>322407089
I know that feel. I couldn't stand GTA V (shit controls, shit characters, shit story, shit gameplay, shit missions, shitty soundtrack) either but I enjoyed saint's row IV (fun gameplay due to superpowers, intuitive controls, soundtrack that fits well, shitty side missions but the main missions were fun and had a lot of variety such as the 2d beat-em up section and a choose your own text adventure segment)
>>
File: Surprise_youre_a_retard.jpg (27KB, 380x302px) Image search: [Google]
Surprise_youre_a_retard.jpg
27KB, 380x302px
>>322412014
>>
>>322412274
How much does rockstar pay you?
>>
>>322408012
I love AC. Or loved it. After AC3/Desmond dying, they started doing stupid shit just for sales. The best parts of it were when the past connected with the current and shit. Gameplay was solid as fuck and getting multikills made you feel like a god. Now these annual ones are litterally copy and pastes with no heart and boring characters. Too bad Ubishit murdered the franchise.
>>
Holy shit, you are so retarded. Like really anon
>>
I didn't like GTA V because I never found much to do. Sure the map is huge but after awhile shooting a random bystander and being on a chase with the police looses it's splendor. You try to one up this by stealing some jets or maybe tank but that gets old quickly too. There's nothing else beyond that. I could go hang out with my AI friends just to hear them have a conversation and go to a bar to amuse me for a whole two minutes or play golf/tennis but I could also get as much fun watching paint dry.

Enjoyed the characters though, they were plenty fun.
>>
>>322410845

I like you. I was hyped and excited about Fallout 4. Everyone was talking about it. It seemed cool. I've played it for like 6 hours and after that I just got bored. I was like
>Why am I doing something?
>What's the point in anything again?
>This is like my real life. I don't see a point in doing anything and I don't even need to and no one really tells me what to do
>I guess I hate open world sandbox games

It didn't entertain me. That being said I've spent 5 millions hours in Skyrim and enjoyed the hell out of it. Every other open world game just annoys me because I do not know what I am supposed to do or I don't see why I should do what I am supposed to do OR it isn't as open as it claims to be and I have to do something EXACTLY THE WAY they want me to do it or I lose (Anus Creed series)
>>
>>322412406
Hes right tho
Saints Row is just a shitty series
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.