[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1980 Atari Mattel Coleco 1990 Nintendo Sega NEC 2000 Sony

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: nzvpudEzfW1ta8s9co1_1280.jpg (164KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
nzvpudEzfW1ta8s9co1_1280.jpg
164KB, 1280x960px
Atari
Mattel
Coleco

Nintendo
Sega
NEC

Sony
Nintendo
Sega

Sony
MS
Nintendo

???
???
???

What do you supposed will the pillars of the console consumer electronic industry in year 2020 be?
>>
MS
Sony
Valve
>>
File: 1451499910788.png (175KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1451499910788.png
175KB, 900x900px
EA
Valve
MS
>>
Nintendo
Sony

Millions of shitty android like consoles like amazon and apple
>>
Sony
MS
Nintendo
>>
>>322405764
>2000
>Sony
>Nintendo
>Sega
OG Xbox was introduced in 2001, Dreamcast was discontinued by 2001. Pretty shitty on your part.
>>
>>322406916
Also no Sony in 1990s, lol.
>>
Samsung
Apple
HTC
>>
Sony
Square Enix
Nintendo
>>
/v/ will band together and create our own game console.
>>
>>322406916
>>322407027
It's not the decade, dipshit. It's individual years.

OP is asking about 2020 alone, not the whole decade.
>>
>>322405764
Apple produces a console so that people can play their shitty microtransaction games.

That's my prediction
>>
Sony/MS/Nintendo

For every decade of the foreseeable future. Sony will always be in the console market, they simply can't pull out. Consumer trust is too high for them to exit. Nintendo might step out of the home console market, and this would impact the market far less than MS stepping out.
>>
microsoft wont make another console. they are already starting to phase xbox out.
>>
>>322409420
I expect that MS will mirror Sega and make one last console, which will be short lived. Think about it.

>first console was untouchable against the Japanese giant
>second console kicks the Japanese console's ass
>confident in their success, they decide to coast the rest of the race away
>they make a bunch of mistakes along the way
>third console was made out of arrogance and bad decisions
>third console is raped alive, and has a low profile in general

Yeah I know Sega made the SG-1000, so that means Sega made 5 consoles. You could argue the Dreamcast was the Xbox version of the SG-1000, since MS had some input in it, and the SG-1000 was a rebranded Colecovision.
>>
>>322405764
Sony - Android/Linux on ARM hardware
Microsoft - Windows 10 on ARM hardware
Nintendo - BSD on ARM hardware
Valve - SteamOS/Linux on x86 hardware
>>
>>322405764
Nintendo NX
Nintendo Mobile
Nintendo PlayStation
>>
>>322410383
Why would consoles move away from x86 that they have right now
>>
>>322410785
There are only two vendors for x86 hardware, and only one of them can produce a worthwhile SOC. Meanwhile in the ARM market there are a number of vendors who all have competitive products. Nvidia and other ARM makers just missed out on having a competitive SOC the last time, next time they or another ARM SOC vendor will almost certain to be successful.

Plus in the console industry switching CPU architectures is relatively simple as the console maker gets to dictate hardware. Only Valve would have an issue switching because SteamOS and its massive game library is tied to x86.
>>
Sony
Microsoft
King Games
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.