[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's really not that great when you strip it down >The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-cover.jpg (361KB, 1074x1500px) Image search: [Google]
the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-cover.jpg
361KB, 1074x1500px
It's really not that great when you strip it down

>The story is lengthy but lacks substance, it's just a fetch quest
>Shallow combat
>World is actually quite small once you realise how empty it is
>Most decisions have negligible impact
>>
Define substance, please.
>>
>>322399446
Having a message, a point to it

The story of Witcher 3 isn't saying anything, it's just "do this for this purpose", nothing is learned
>>
>>322399090
You forget
>terrible controls.
>the patern of quests are all the fucking same
>muh red assassin's creed sense tingling

It is a bad game, really.
>>
>>322399679
I don't think a message is quite necessary in this case. It's just the story of a man who's really good at tracking things, being hired to track his not-daughter. If there's any message it's the game trying to tell you, once you find Ciri, to trust her and on her own abilities and not coddle her too much.
>>
Highest point of the game is the barons quest, everything after that revolves around the boring Mary Sue
>>
>>322399090
Combat felt good and there was plenty to find out in the world. Decisions didn't change the main story but had a large effect on the side quests. Story had plenty of substance if you acutally paid attention.

To each their own.
>>
>>322399679
>The story of Witcher 3 isn't saying anything, it's just "do this for this purpose", nothing is learned

Confirmed for never having played any of the previous games or read so much as a single fucking one of the novels.

TW3 is far from perfect, but saying there's "no point" to the story is completely retarded. It's the culmination of the most important events, story beats and characters in the entire series.
>>
>>322400062
>Highest point of the game is the barons quest,
This

>>322399936
Pretty shallow and remedial conclusion to such a long story
>>
>>322399090
>lacks substance
>Shallow
>negligible
no, this isn't how arguments work

cite what IS there that you have problems with
"oh it's missing a feature from some other game" isn't an argument
>>
Gameplay mechanics are dogshit. Still riddled with bugs and glitches. Huge world. All fetch quests. Combat is fine one on one. When you fight multiple foes the game shits the bed.

>GOTY

I see people's standards have lowered. Only credit I'll give it is the music.
>>
>>322400075
>Combat felt good
dodge, fast attack, repeat

> there was plenty to find out in the world
places of power and a few quests
>>
They made the gameplay around the story. The mark of any shit game.
>>
>>322399090

I like open word fantasy but I in no way can get to like geralt, him, his looks his voice. I honestly hate this guy.
>>
>>322400306
The story is long as fuck but fails to actually say anything
>>
>>322400314
>Only credit I'll give it is the music.

The music was pretty gud but fuck was it poorly implemented at times. Running into a pack of like 3 shitty little dogs and having the game blast that LALALALA LAI-LAI-LAI tune for the 10th time kind of ruins its impact.
>>
>>322400113
>TW3 is far from perfect, but saying there's "no point" to the story is completely retarded. It's the culmination of the most important events, story beats and characters in the entire series.
What's the point of the story then?
>>
>>322400419
>places of power and a few quests
Didn't practicaly even village have specific bounty boards tied to it where you could investigate and track monsters? What else would you expect to find, really?

Tell us what your expectations were, Anon.
>>
>150 points of interest
>50 bandit camps
>90 treasure chests to sell for gold
>>
>>322399090
Cool blog
>>
>>322400541
yeah i had fun but i'd never want to play again due to the length
>>
>>322400724
Most of the notice boards just contained flavor text, or at most a single witcher contract.
>>
>>322400649
Find Ciri.
Do Witcher jobs to sustain yourself. meet friends and enemies old and new.
>>
>>322400863
Are you autistic?

That's not saying anything, that's doing stuff
>>
>>322400649
Don't trust slav fanfiction writers, I thought that much was obvious, but I guess the abomination that was W3's story didn't quit let you learn your lesson?
>>
>>322399090
ITT buttblasted bloodborne fags
>>
>>322400649
>spend three games trying to reunite with Ciri
>find Ciri
>realize you have to let her be her own person because the things she is destined for are far greater than you
>>
>>322400649
To add to what >>322400863 said, one of the big undertones of the books was Geralt trying to find his place in the world - first through his witcher work, then his obsession with Yennefer, and finally as a father figure to Ciri - all while struggling with the concept of free will vs determinism which manifests in his conflict with the Wild Hunt.

There's a ton going on in TW3, some of it less successful than others, but for the most part it's a personal story of Geralt trying to repair his relationships and reconcile them with his beliefs.
>>
So everyone in this thread can all agree Bloodborne is better, right!?
>>
Anyone know where I can find the DLC armour? The free one btw, I couldnt find it in my inventory. =/
>>
>>322401673
find the map
>>
>>322401921
wheres the map?

please help
>>
>>322402093
use your witcher senses
>>
>>322401076
tell that to kanjiklub
>>
>>322402093
just google wolf school map locations

it's shit
>>
Welcome to video games

Especially open world games.
>>
>>322399679
Play previous games before you jugde story, you faggot. Witcher 3 story is culumination of wholes trilogys plot.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.