[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

we're stuck on a whole different plaaaaaaaaanet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Xenoblade-Chronicles-X1-620x349.jpg (80KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade-Chronicles-X1-620x349.jpg
80KB, 620x349px
Alright, about a week ago I got my first skell. Then I put the game down. I haven't played it since and I don't really feel like playing it again. Convince me otherwise, /v/
>>
>>322398087
Sucks to be you.
>>
>>322398087
I'm in the same boat, bro. Exploration just became too easy. I literally skated across Sylvalum in record time. You really feel the grind when going from A to B isn't an adventure anymore.
>>
>>322398989
I haven't even gotten the skell jetpack. Just got bored
>>
>>322398087
This game's story is fucking awful

I won't elaborate and go into details but holy shit, all those GODAWFUL characters are really starting to wear on me

>lao
>lin
>tatsu

>that continuous "tatsu looks like food" joke
>that atrocious voice acting for so many characters/races

>those fucking awful requirements for story missions
>affinity requirements

I could go on but holy fuck this game is making is real hard for me to enjoy
>>
>>322399737
The music was already a huge turn off but lin, tatsu and dante- i mean lao all make me want to end it.

doug is cool tho
>>
>>322399969
>the music was a turn off

Really? That's like the one thing keeping me going

I think the soundtrack is fucking excellent, albeit grossly overused and completely out of place sometimes
>>
>>322400109
The exploration music is great, the fighting music and NLA music?
>>
>>322400441
The night NLA track isn't completely terrible

The fighting music is pretty ok though, especially against tyrants
Isn't there a seperate track for each area? I wouldn't know since I've just been fucking about in the Skell for the last 10 hours or so

>tfw lost like 20 hours of progress because my wii u powered down twice

Fuck this game for not having autosave, I lost like 2 million cash I had farmed up for my lv 50 Amdusias
>>
>>322400832
day and night, everywhere in NLA is infuriating because of it. So repetitive and annoying. I enjoy the game, I'm just not sure I wanna go back
>>
>>322401173
Well, I certainly wouldn't tell you to play it for the story, cause as previously mentioned, it's terrible

I do like the gameplay well enough though and I'm watching some cooking show while I play so obviously I wouldn't get bored as easily
>>
>>322398087

>got skell
>stopped playing

are you me?
>>
>>322399737

I'm going to betray and cause my race to go extinct because of a choice made in desperation screwed over my family. Never mind that it was just a few figure heads that made the choice. Never mind that everyone else has the same losses that I've had, I know what I'm talking about. What? Worst girl in the game understands my pain? Humanity's not so bad I guess.

This writing though.
>>
a thread for faggots
>>
>>322401698
I actually started screaming when MC walked over to Lin and also tried to protect Lao
Holy fuck that made me upset like nothing else, I don't wanna help that dumb faggot
>>
>>322402013
When I had to fight that tyrant thing who can sense organic lifeforms and it told me lao had to come with me I was pissed. Literally a mad dash to the boss over and over again as I kept dying because I had a broken leg party member.
>>
>>322399737
Every single character is a one dimensional cliche. Its pretty disappointing. The affinity quests don't even add character development, they just take each character's single defining trait and shove it down your throat over and over across 2-3 quests.
>>
>>322402874
Was that a story mission? I must've missed it
Though
>dying because you have 3 instead of 4 functional party members
It's not like Cross isn't the only character worthwhile anyhow

>>322402923
Yea, it's especially dissapointing when you take into account how well the original did the character development with the heart to hearts
>>
>>322403349
when you have to go retrieve the alien skell, chapter 6 i think
>>
>>322403689
Now I remember, that mission was easy as fuck though, wasn't it?

I might've been a tad overleveld but everyone should have been at that point since the game basically forces you to explore before you can do the main story
>>
File: 164363745.jpg (10KB, 117x108px) Image search: [Google]
164363745.jpg
10KB, 117x108px
>>322404453
I was kinda forcing myself through the story so I could get to the skell as fast as possible.

>mfw i said out loud "i'm sure it gets better when i get the skell"
>>
>>322404694
Well the powerspike is massive when you reach level 30 and get your Amdusias with the G-Buster

I did just run around and kill shit for like the first 10 hours though, because it was decently challenging
Then I found some lvl 25 crabs at around lvl10 and I just farmed there for like an hour
After that it was all really easy
>>
>>322398087
>>322401435
Having the same problem. I put 40 hours in during launch week, got my skell, and haven't even wanted to touch it again.
>>
>>322398087
I beat the story and decided to make the grind for an Ares 90.

Now I have it and I don't feel like playing it anymore. Post-game is dreadfully grindy and the common tactics I've seen for beating the strongest enemies (Ghostwalker or one-shotting with a Super Weapon that takes forever to make and augment) just seem so lame.
>>
>>322399737
SMALL FRY
>>
Main issue is that Skell combat is god awful.

There is no real battle plan other than using your most powerful attack and hoping for cockpit mode.

Weapons like the G-Buster make most of the others feel like worthless pea-shooters.
>>
I played it through to the end.

Even on foot I never felt like I was fighting against enemies. I was just concentrating on my cooldowns and optimizing rotations. It didn't matter what I was fighting because I never had to adjust strategy at all.

When you get a skell its just using your big cooldowns and then waiting for RNG to give you a free reset.
>>
>>322406730
I don't understand how after 5 fucking games they still can't figure out how to make mech combat interesting. Its got the same problem as gears over fifteen fucking years later: the mech combat is dumbed down foot combat.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.