[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: The last game you bought on release and in hindsight whether

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: team jinro wins a game of LoL.jpg (63KB, 628x354px) Image search: [Google]
team jinro wins a game of LoL.jpg
63KB, 628x354px
ITT: The last game you bought on release and in hindsight whether or not you are happy with the purchase
>>
>>322376490
>UnderRail
Yep.
>>
>Fatal Frame 5

Worth it. I just wanted a Fatal Frame game that used the gamepad well and it delivered. It has its flaws in other departments but it nailed the one thing I wanted it to get right while staying competent enough in other areas to not fall apart as a Fatal Frame game.
>>
Just Cause 3

Always stuck on one of the first loading screens.
After the last patch it is just crashing at the main menu.
>>
Fallout 4
Only adequately satisfied, not super happy, not quite disappointed
>>
>>322376726

same here senpai

Im not even that much of an RPG player but UnderRail has been interesting so far
>>
>Hotline Miami 2
Nope, I was an idiot for buying into hype
>>
File: .jpg (63KB, 320x450px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
63KB, 320x450px
Was sorely disappointed after liking the first game, even more so when the game plummeted in price after paying the full $50 on release.
>>
>that GiTS FPS
Not really release, but still. I don't know if I've made a big mistake.
>>
>>322376490
>Steam Star Wars collection
Only played KOTOR so far and I've been enjoying it quite a bit
>>
>yakuza 5
yes
but before that
>GTA 5
NO! NO! NO!
>>
>Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- limited edition for PS3.
Loved it, poured hundreds of hours into it. Only like 150 ranked matches and 100 other matches. Mostly played M.O.M. mode and plat the game.
>10/10 would buy Revelator for full price when it comes out
>>
GTA:V on PC I think...

Was fun to try out first person and a really new demanding game on my (now) 1 year old PC...other than that...I'm not really a GTA guy desu
>>
>>322376490
>Xenoblade Chronicle X
I loved it, It's been years since a game lived up to my hype
>>
File: ike-rad.jpg (23KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
ike-rad.jpg
23KB, 306x306px
Metal Slug 3. Took me about an hour to really start to get it, but now I'm really happy I picked it up.
>>
>>322376490
Appropriately enough, Legacy of the Void and I'm conflicted.

I'm glad I saw it through to the end so I could see for myself just how awful it all was so the last shred of hope I still had for Blizzard is now thoroughly dead, but part of me misses that last spark of "maybe, maybe it will all come together in the end, maybe they'll pull it together and it'll all have been worth it"

It's a mixed feeling, but if I'm being optimistic at least other games will look better than this garbage by comparison.

At least it didn't fuck up as badly as W3 did and fuck up the basic controls and handling of the game, if I'd have to say something positive about it.
>>
Majora's Mask.
Was good.
>Implying I'd ever but a game on release now that I'm not a kid
>>
File: 2016-01-02-13-48-55--875200468.jpg (14KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-02-13-48-55--875200468.jpg
14KB, 191x264px
>>322376490
Never again will I buy on release.
If a game is good, it's worth waiting at least a few weeks after release to buy.

If you can wait a few months you will get the game for half the price.
>>
>>322378496
only fun part about this game was the joke fusions
>>
File: 1429507050966.png (57KB, 227x226px) Image search: [Google]
1429507050966.png
57KB, 227x226px
Fallout 4.
No.
>>
>Xenoblade Chronicles X

I dunno, its hard to say. There are some things about the game I really really loved, like the art design, the huge open worlds, the combat, and the freedom, but there were also a lot of things I hated and made me want to drop the game. Mainly the dialogue, the repetitiveness, the music, and most importantly the party system. Why have a reserve party option if the members you put I. There just disappear? Why can't they all be in the blade barracks so I can recruit them instead of being scattered all over the fucking city. why even have other party members at all if you can only take Elma and Lin on story missions?

I got over 60 hours out of the game so maybe it was worth it, who knows
>>
>>322378834
On what system?
>>
>>322379169
That was entertaining.

I just fucking HATED the board-game style single player mode, what the FUCK were they thinking with that shit?
>>
File: 1450071076134.jpg (78KB, 544x944px) Image search: [Google]
1450071076134.jpg
78KB, 544x944px
I preordered MGSV after Playstation had Ground Zeroes as a free PS+ game and i put in around 30~ hours into GZ. i couldnt get enough, the day before MGSV came out i had just gotten home from a 2 week vacation in Spain. everything was perfect, picket it up at Gamestop, had a chat with the cashier, talked about what our fav MG's was, his was MGS3 and mine was GZ, even though i have only played Peace Walker and GZ.

put around 120~ hours into MGSV, and i'm now going trough MGO which i really but it's kinda light on content. havent played around with FOB's enough.

but yeah im really happy with my purchase.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.