[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arkham Knight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Was there a more underrated game from 2015 due to people having bad PC / AMD hardware?

Of those who were able to play it on Ultra or on consoles, what did you think? I thought it was a solid 9/10, the definitive Batman game and best in the series.
>>
same boring arkham formula, only now with 30 mandatory tank fights everyone hates
>>
File: 1450207994955.jpg (45KB, 550x397px) Image search: [Google]
1450207994955.jpg
45KB, 550x397px
>due to people having bad PC / AMD hardware
>implying it's the responsibility of the consumer to have a game run well
>>
>>322361038
It literally is the responsibility of the consumer to have hardware that can handle a game. Nobody did.
>>
Here's my disjointed thoughts on the game cus I'm high as fuck and can't list them properly

The world was 10/10, big enough to feel like a real city but smartly designed to the point you can get anywhere quickly. Combat and stealth was as good as ever, and there were enough new tricks to keep things interesting. Some good sidequests. I liked that lesser known villains like Deacon Blackfyre and Professor Pyg were given time to shine. Mark Hamill delivered his best performance yet, but Kevin Conroy sounded asleep, his I AM BATMAN was pitiful after four games of waiting for it.

Batmobile was great as a mode of transport, but Tank mode was boring and there was way too much of it. All people wanted to do was drive the thing, not shoot tanks with it. Bosses suck, Deathstroke is a tank battle, really?. ridiculous DLC model strips the game of post-game content, challenge maps were fucking sparse compared to what Arkham City had on launch. Story was pretty dumb, they tried to do too much. The whole point of Jason coming back to life and the Red Hood storyline was an examination of Batman's refusal to kill and if it's really better for Gotham City and how many people have suffered for it; with Joker dead, it's just vague generic angst. I would have much preferred they just focused on Scarecrow and Batman getting over Joker's death rather than hamfistedly inserting Jason into a story he didn't belong in. Bosses sucked, for real,
>>
>>322360935
The formula is fine, and tank fights are fun. If you do side missions in between story missions like you should be doing, not one aspect of the game will feel repetitive. It's less repetitive than previous Arkham games. The art direction is also better than ever this time around which enhances everything.
>>
Played it on PS4.

Most fun I had all year with a game. Did everything except collect all the joker trophies. Enjoyed the tank parts, I don't get what the issue was with them.
>>
>>322360665
Worst game in the series. Extreme levels of Ubisoft Game influence. Moves even further than City and Origins did from what actually made the first game good and intensifies the worst parts of the open-world formula.

The grafics are good though. Some of the side quests were good too.
>>
>blaming hardware
>when even the publisher/developer acknowledged the game is so fucking broken they pulled it back from sales

You are one retarded shill.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>322361905
They pulled it from sales because everyone was complaining, not from any acknowledgement. Since day one I played it with no issues at all. It's true that they didn't offer many options for low end rigs, but you really shouldn't be trying to play 2015 games with anything but a mid-high rig like a PS4 which it ran fine on.
>>
>>322360665

City is better

but yes it was good
ending was a bit meh
shit bosses and forced batmobile parts are what ruin the game
>>
File: 1456223401877364515.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456223401877364515.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
>>322360665

Underrated? No, it got exactly the amount of attention it deserved.

Starting with the visuals, it's no longer a comic book superhero game. It's a gritty and realistic take on Batman, just like The Dark Knight. The visuals are dull, and monotone. There's nothing interesting to look at. The atmosphere is that there is no atmosphere. It doesn't feel scary, or ominous, it just feels empty and boring. The story was a step up from the previous Arkham games in some ways, but pulling out Joker yet again was a disappointment. There was also a lack of interesting villains. Arkham Knight sucks. His swerve was stupid too. The gameplay? Same old shit. It feels exactly the same as past titles. There's different mechanics like Fear takedowns, and enemies, but even that isn't enough to give it that sense of freshness it needed. Catwoman got the shaft, Robin got the shaft, Nightwing got the shaft. The Batmobile sections were repetitive, and their placing as padding was painfully obvious. Also don't forget. DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC

The game is mediocre. There's really nothing noteworthy about it other than that it's the last Rocksteady Batman.
>>
>>322362497
>The visuals are dull, and monotone. There's nothing interesting to look at. The atmosphere is that there is no atmosphere.
Such a shit opinion.
>>
Arkham was the story of Batman and The Joker, those saying the series had too much Joker missed the point
>>
>>322362616

Why? because I don't like to look at the same 3 fucking colors of Blue, Dark Blue, and gray? even city had more interesting locations to look at.

And don't even give me that shit of "well it's gotham city! it's supposed to look that way!" Fuck off with that shit.
>>
Any games that feel like the predator sections of the game?
>>
Can you easily disable chromatic aberration on PC?
>>
>>322362928

Batman: Arkham City
>>
>>322362280
Are you retarded?
>>
>>322362928

Predator on the ps2
>>
>>322362497
>Also don't forget. DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC
it was the exact same way in City. The only thing that's different now is that I think this gen we're done getting GOTY editions of games with all the DLC included
>>
It was better than City, but far worse than Asylum. Rocksteady blew their load on that first game. Hopefully getting away from Batman will allow them to come up with something new and interesting. Otherwise, they'll just be a one-hit-wonder.
>>
>>322363531

City did have DLC too, but it was nowhere near as bad as Knight. Have you seen how much shit there's in the store? Costumes, Batmobile skins, Predator Packs, and missions with different characters that last about 20-30 minutes.
>>
>>322360665
>Combat for most players simply involves them reading prompts and responding to it by pressing counter. No real follow up needed, there's literally a counter button
>Batmobile pathfinding is almost always going forward, so you never feel slow
>Bosses get defeated by cool, flashy moves that tingle your peepee
>Enemies piss their pants in fear of you
>Crime scenes consist of you looking at splotches while Batman breaks down everything for you
Name a series of games that's better at making you feel fucking great so long as you don't think critically about it.
>>
>>322362873
If you don't like cynical grittiness and fearful desperation as an atmosphere, fine, but don't go saying it has no atmosphere. Everything in the game is finely tuned to create that atmosphere and you'd be crazy to deny it that.
>>
>>322363840
>there's literally a counter button

Just like in Souls.
>>
I spent hours just fucking about and roleplaying, I did the same in black flag. Why must modern games have shit stories? I have way more fun outside of the narratives
>>
>>322363779
>Costumes
City had a lot of these
>Batmobile skins
obviously city couldn't have these
>Predator Packs
City did it
>and missions with different characters that last about 20-30 minutes.
City sort of did this, but they did it differently. Nightwing and Robin came with a series of challenge maps that sort of told a story.

Jesus, did you just but the GOTY version and not even think about it? If you would have bought the preowned version of the base game you would have had to pay for Catwomans sections, and that's a good 1/4 of the game just gone
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.