[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want another game like this. I want a game that's not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: Advance_Wars_Coverart.jpg (135KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
Advance_Wars_Coverart.jpg
135KB, 256x255px
I want another game like this. I want a game that's not easy, not short, that takes real strategy to actually win. I don't want something that's so difficult it's unplayable though, I just want something that makes you have to think.

I've played all the GBA and DS games.
>>
>>322357837
chess
>>
>>322358116
Nah man I'm talking about video games.
>>
>>322357837
valkyria chronicles
>>
>>322358193
>video games

fuck off man child
>>
Civilization? The game needs you to plan out your shit and it's definitelly not short. It's not easy if you option it to be like it.
>>
font wars
>>
>>322357837
>that takes real strategy to actually win
so not advance wars?
>>
>>322358696
front*
>>
>>322358493
I definitely getting this, without a doubt. I have a 20 dollar steam gift card. Is there any other good strategy game on steam? what about orcs must die, or command and concur?
>>
>like this
>that takes real strategy to actually win
As Advance Wars is a tactics game, that would imply a whole another type of game
>>
>>322357837
>choke-point abuse
>strategy
this meme needs to end
>>
>>322358309
Lol
>>
File: Oy Vey.jpg (612KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Oy Vey.jpg
612KB, 1920x1080px
You ever try grand strategy games OP?
>>
>>322358956
>>322358937
uggh fuck off with your elitism and semantics. You know what I mean, you know you're getting in the way. be gone.
>>
>>322359091
No, I haven't. It looks like that one game you play with the map and all the little armies and stuff, it was like a board game or something. Not stratego.
>>
>>322359103
>you know what I mean
No, I don't. There's no strategy, it's just choke-point abuse and there's no difference in difficulty, it's all the same.
>>
Fire emblem games are fairly similar and have a few GBA releases. They are my favorite game to emulate on my phone, can just pick it up and play a few turns whenever I get the chance throughout the day.
This is after I'd beat both GBA advance wars doing the same thing
>>
>>322358894
I would also like to know
>>
command and conquer sounds good. I wanna play a rts game.
>>
I started this game some days ago and just finished the campaign. Is that it? Do I just move on to the next game?
>>
File: inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg (56KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg
56KB, 400x400px
>>322357837
>strategy
What you want is grid combat games like SMT Devil Survivor (DS), Fire Emblem games, etc-

Strategy games are games like Crusader Kings, Civ, Hearts of Iron, EU, etc
>>
>>322358894
orcs must die is a weird beat em up/tower defense crossover. not really what you're looking for I don't think.
>>
>>322361328
I'm sort of thinking I want real time strategy and base building games. turn taking army building games sound good too. something along those lines.
>>
>>322361328
>What you want is grid combat games like SMT Devil Survivor (DS), Fire Emblem games,

Nah, don't want the rpg elements. Just regular tbs where your units are no better or worse than your opponents.
>>
>>322361328
>The only strategy games are the games I consider strategy games.
>>
>>322357837
Super Famicom Wars
Archon
M.U.L.E.
Ball Bullet Gun
North & South
Tactics Ogre
Ogre Battle
Ogre Battle 64
Final Fantasy Tactics
Fire Emblem (series)
Front Mission
Front Mission 3

>>322359091
>>322359218
If you want to go a little more complex without full blown KOEI levels up learning curve steepness then try these (some by KOEI, but less complex than most of their games):

Aerobiz
Aerobiz Supersonic
Gemfire
Uncharted Waters New Horizons
Civilization (series)
Sim City (series)
Capitalism Plus
>>
>>322362430
Also:

Metal Marines
>>
I'm gonna go with the other civanons and say Civ, war is somewhat similar to Advance Wars in that
>use cities to build up resources
>produce on unit at a time from any given city
>turn-based combat, you move all your guys, attack, etc, then you click next turn

To me its a perfect blend of AoE resource management and Advance Wars turn-based warfare. Oh, and you can drop nukes, spread religion, get voted World Leader, etc, just a whole lot more to it than "capture city, get +1000 next turn"
>>
>>322362278
In strategy games you have to plan MANY turns in advance, thus, you need strategy.

In games like Fire Emblem or Advance Wars yo u just need to see that the enemy is going to do next turn since the AI is so basic that the only thing it does is charge blindly at you.
>>
>>322360065
Confirmed for never playing it.
>>
>>322363565
??
>>
>>322363640
>choke-point abuse
thats literally the easiest levels, the rest of the levels involve baiting, AI manipulation, suicide speed runs, planning ahead when building, shielding and other things. to just claim its "lol choke point abuse rofl" is pretty retarded. Do note that im not saying this game is the pinnacle of strategy games or some shit because its not. but its deff one of the harder SRPG franchises.
> no difference in difficulty.
The difficulty jump in AW1 is so extreme that there are maps which are impossible to complete while getting perfect speed. To think that a map like Rivals is the same shit in both difficulty's is, again, retarded.
>>
3DS has been a major disappointment so I don't think it'll happen anytime soon
>>
File: 745.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
745.png
211KB, 327x316px
>>322360065
>choke point abuse
try doing that on the level where you have to charge a beachhead while the enemy has arty set up all along the coast and a invisible bomber reduces your largest cluster of troops to half health
>>
>>322364756
try playing an actual strategy game

>>322364546
>AI manipulation
try playing against a competent human being, or is that to difficult?
>>
Actually i dont know if SRPG is the right term since the only RPG element is choosing COs and using the powers etc and later on in AWDS choosing quirks to enhance your stats. Turn based tactics is more like it i guess.
>>
File: Max Payed.png (51KB, 193x149px) Image search: [Google]
Max Payed.png
51KB, 193x149px
>>322364831
AW has multiplayer you know
>>
>>322364987
>AI manipulation
>>
>>322357837
>you need only 1 copy to play multiplayer
Do games still do this?
>>
>>322364831
>m-muh strawman
Multiplayer is non existant in the game. except for the last game where it was just cheesing it with 3 COs and using airships. The game is shit for multiplayer since there are some overpowered COs and units. single player mode however, restricts that and puts the enemy so far ahead that its legitimately frustating to play some levels.
>>
>>322364546
>AI manipulation

You are basically saying the game requires littly planning since is has a shit exploitable AI.

Go play a real strategy game kid.
>>
>>322365224
>Multiplayer is non existant in the game.
So?
>>
>>322362430
There's also hoshigami. It runs on FFtactics engine 0.9
>>
>>322365378

There are strategy games where AI cannot be exploited in any way?
>>
>>322365378
Every TBT game versus an AI has a level of AI manipulation because the games are so hard otherwise it would be impossible to complete them.
>b-but mah planning!
because it has AI manipulation it lets you plan.

I have both played "Real" strategy games and games like this. Can you guess who knows what he is talking about and who is talking shit?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.