[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm thinking about picking up Rainbow Six Siege, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (246KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
246KB, 1920x1080px
So I'm thinking about picking up Rainbow Six Siege, but I am not sure it is it worth the money.
I don't have any friends to play it with and worried that I get it and never play it.
>>
Should I get it?
>>
Anyone?
>>
It's fun but buggy right now

If they fix it it'll be great
>>
I'm interested too, but I really don't want to download 50gb.
>>
>>322344108
i dont think the game is 50 GB where did you get that from?
>>
I got it as a gift recently and found it to be far better then I expected. Matchmaking is a mess now but I think the game overall is worth it.
>>
>>322343173
Games fun as hell get it.
>>
>>322344108
its 18 or something close
>>
Take a look at the general on /vg/, even if you don't have friends you can play with those guys, they're pretty good.

Game is fun.
>>
>>322344108
its 12 gb + 7 gb of updates
>>
Game is a lot of fun. Id say it was the most fun of a multiplayer that came out last year.

It got me into CS:GO oddly enough and now I don't really play siege.
>>
The game is alot of fun you defiantly won't regret buying it, the only negative in my opinion is the servers its hard to get into a game thats about it
>>
File: 1449524352423.jpg (69KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449524352423.jpg
69KB, 600x400px
>Ubisoft
>>
>>322343173
Good gameplay but the dodgy matchmaking is ruining it

it's not worth full price but it's easy enough to find cheaper on key seller sites but I would still wait for them to fix the issues up before buying it
>>
Like above. It's pretty good apart from shitty Ubisoft servers. Players can be annoying sometimes too. They keep rushing in like it's CoD al the time.

>use your fucking drones
>>
>>322353854
>that guy who lone wolves and always gets killed first
>that guy who plays as fuze then kills the hostage
>>
>>322343173
saw it for £26 on amazon but it still doesn't seem worth the price
>>
>>322343173
>buying games
>>
>>322354210
Please tell me you're not that guy...
>>
>>322343173
Just go to the /vg/ thread and use the teamspeak. I've made lots of friends that way.
>>
I'll just make a pros and cons for you op based on my experience of about 10 hours
Pros:
>good tactical fps gameplay mechanics like stomach and back prone as well as different angles for looking in windows when repelling up walls
>variety of operators for different styles of play
>matchmaking is generally quick
>the community is good with most people using mics and not being fucktards or cunts
>the destructible walls and barricades make for a lot of fun devising how to breech or using distraction breeches when working with your team
Cons:
>uplay
>the hitreg isn't great
>ubisoft has it's own monopoly money for buying boosters for renown which is used to purchase operators as well as an overpriced season pass which also gives you a way to get more renown
>there don't even be 6 people on both team
>one of the better ways to get renown is to do situations which are basically training and I find them incredibly boring
>the vs ai coop mode is dull too
>some operator's special gadgets are either near useless or completely useless

I find that some games can be really good, but usually they're somewhat boring. The $60 price is asking way too and I know it's on sale right now, but from the looks of it Ubisoft is planning on milking people with DLC anyway. I think it's more of a 20-30 game and the only reason it's 60 is that such a large studio was behind it and it's a fairly big name. Maybe that just has to do with overhead of running a larger company like that in general, but I know if bumfuck studio released the same game as no name CSGO cash in game with destructible walls then it would have been half the price or 40 at most to begin with.
>>
If you don't have 4 friends to drag into this, just don't bother
>>
>>322355412
A couple more things. You start off with zero operators and it can take a little while to get even a few especially without doing situations. This makes the game kind of feel like it drags at first.
The other thing is very little of the areas are actually destructible. I kind of felt like early on in development they planned for more and then scaled it back for balance reasons. It's so limited that it's clear it wasn't that the technology wasn't there, but most likely because they wanted to bill it more as a competitive game. That could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.
>>
>>322343173
Don't buy it until they've fixed the horrendous netcode issues, it'll be on sale then.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.