[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth going back to play OOT if you've never played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Is it worth going back to play OOT if you've never played it or is it dated now?
>>
The 3DS version is solid. Most of the weird grievances are fixed.
>>
I played it for the first time last year. I thought it was really good, I'm actually glad I never played it as a kid.
>>
Played it for the first time on 3ds last year.

Thought it had shit dungeon design.
>>
overrated but fun
>>
I'd say play the 3DS version, people whining about muh lighting and textures aside it is graphically better, has a stable framerate, and makes switching boots a button thing rather than a pause thing.

Without nostalgia you will probably find it thoroughly enjoyable but not consider it to be a contender for GOAT.
>>
Give it a chance and figure out for yourself , plenty of people still like it who just played it recently
>>
>>322339496
It still holds up.

People saying its overrated have no concept of what context is and are comparing it to games that are coming out now.
>>
I bought it for 3DS a couple of weeks ago. It holds up, especially with the improved textures. It's the definitive Zelda game.
>>
its still one of the best games ever made, the only thing thats aged is the graphics, and even they theres still alot of charm to them
>>
>>322339496
Totally worth it. I played it myself in 2011, since I was a Sonykid back in the days. It was well worth its praise.
>>
>>322341761
...forgot to add that I played it on a real N64 as well. The atmosphere, OST and overall design was great.
>>
>>322339496
I literally replay it annually. I keep n64-emu and OoT's ROM on my USB drives, and launch it up whenever I feel bored.

Personally I would recommend playing it on a big screen, meaning getting the original. The 3DS port isn't terrible, but it was made easier, and censored a tiny bit.
>>
>>322339496
Ocarina of Time 3D was my first Zelda game.
It was great.
>>
It's a pile of shit, like everything on the N64.

Wind Waker was the first real 3D Zelda, just like Sunshine was the first real 3D Mario.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duPynkGEFGI
>>
>>322339496
The 3DS remake fixes almost every annoying detail that made the game clunky and made it "age like milk" as /v/ likes to say.
>>
File: 1431139508874.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1431139508874.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>322342316
:^) :^) :^) :^)
>>
I never got to play it so I played the 3DS remake
gameplay is pretty dated but I can see where all the acclaim comes from considering it came out in 1998
>>
>>322340708
>and are comparing it to games that are coming out now.

Yes, and?
>>
>>322343260
note the gameplay isnt actually dated
>>
>>322340708
its literally better than any game thats come out in a long time
>>
>>322343321
I dunno man it feels kinda clunky for a 3d game
Link to the past felt more polished
>>
You will only be disappointed.
>>
File: 1364685045956.png (927KB, 952x830px) Image search: [Google]
1364685045956.png
927KB, 952x830px
>>322342147
>I literally replay it annually. I keep n64-emu and OoT's ROM on my USB drives, and launch it up whenever I feel bored.
>>
>>322343940
I grew up with a PS1 and have no career and a horribly dysfunctional family

Checkmate, fag boy
>>
>>322343940
wait wat
I thought N64 owners are normies whose fondest memories of games was OOT and playing mariokart and smash with friends
while PS1 owners ended up becoming basement dwelling nerds who reminisce about 90s RPGs and anime
>>
File: ed_miliband_2015_02_10.jpg (23KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
ed_miliband_2015_02_10.jpg
23KB, 768x512px
>>322345491

this is true. N64 was for kids to play a few rounds of Mario Kart or Goldeneye with friends and be social. PS1 was for that weird kid who wanted to play some faggy anime game called Final Fantasy (probably a sexual fantasy about getting fucked by an asian guy, lel) for 18 hours straight. He also was overheard talking about "fucking casuals" liking the Zelda games and how it's bullshit they can be beaten in a single day.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.