[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I cope with being belittled and laughed at by other players

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: USC-paper-bag-1024x819.jpg (131KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
USC-paper-bag-1024x819.jpg
131KB, 1024x819px
How do I cope with being belittled and laughed at by other players in a multiplayer game? I'm really tempted to not pick Rainbow 6 siege back up because of this.
>>
>tfw quit csgo for this
>>
>>322335495
>tfw refused to solo queue in assfaggots because of this
As far as I can tell there is no cure except having friends around who no bully.
>>
>>322335495
Git gud or harden the fuck up.
>>
File: 1408115944263.jpg (389KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1408115944263.jpg
389KB, 1920x1080px
>>322335495

I'm sorry that happened to you.

Try to find a nicer group of people to play with, if you lack friend into games in real life may I suggest you visit a subreddit dedicated to finding fellow gamers such as yourself?

I wish you luck and happiness my friend.
>>
>>322335495
>>322335525
>>322335663
Stop being children?

If you're getting laughed at because you fucking suck, ignore them and get good

If you're getting laughed at because of your voice or something, stop talking, get good and ignore that shit

if you're that much of a fucking oussy maybe you should quit the internet
>>
File: 7fc8ca8648.jpg (192KB, 1593x924px) Image search: [Google]
7fc8ca8648.jpg
192KB, 1593x924px
>>322335937
been playing shooters for years anon, I always seem to get verbally obliterated at the odd bad game and the weight of being brutally criticized never lessens.
>>
>>322335495
I honestly love it when people flame me in online games.
There's something really nice about people getting mad at me for just playing.
>>
>>322336168
do you do anything else except play video games? absolutely ANYTHING that could be considered a skill?
>>
>>322335495
I never got into multiplayer games partially because of this. I'm terrible at games in general so there's no real incentive to go through that shit. Also I'm really self conscious about my voice so I don't use a mic.

I don't give a shit about being yelled at or insulted in real life or in text, but there's something so much more direct and cutting about criticism from people I don't know in a game.
>>
>>322335495
>How do I cope with being belittled and laughed at by other players in a multiplayer game?
Well, the first thing is to examine why it affects you so negatively. If it's because you want to be good at the game and receiving negative feedback makes you think you aren't good, and therefore you suck at it, then the issue is in your gameplay, or the perception of your gameplay. Most gamers' first introduction to this is when they play an objective-based shooter, where the Kill:Death ratio is not what matters. Someone will say you suck because your K:D ratio is shit. Instead of feeling bad about it, you take heart how you KNOW you do not suck like they say you do, because you have been contributing in ways that aren't on the scoreboard, or aren't obvious. Many times I've been a medic in BFBC2 with a massive score, but awful K:D ratio, because I'd be reviving and healing teammates. Insignificant online people tell me I suck because of this, but their words don't affect me, because I know I don't.

If it's simply because random online peoples' words hurt your feelings, then you likely need to develop "thicker skin." It's the ability to shrug it off without letting it into your head. Like turning aside an enemy at your front gate. Remember that these are nobodies to you. You care about people in your real life because they are there day after day to interact with you. People online are not. You will likely not see them again in a game a week from now, and you can also turn them off at any time.
It's kind of like breathing manually. Once you're aware of it, you start doing it, but eventually you'll stop noticing it and go back to breathing normally. People online are like that message saying "you're breathing manually." The skill you should develop is the ability to revert back to normal breathing. Then, their words will bounce off of you, and you won't be concerned.
>>
>>322335495
If it's because you actually aren't good at the game yet, sift through their words for anything useful to help you improve, and try to improve. In other words, get good.
>>
>>322335495
Git gud
>>
>>322336168
>>322336287

In reality I have sympathy for how you feel but I can't empathise too much because I have never been hurt by someone I only know online, let alone some random in a game. When I say I've never been hurt, I don't mean I haven't be criticised, I've heard EVERYTHING but it just never even scratched me.

Really think about what it means when they call you bad at a game, do you have fun playing this game? If yes, why do you care what they say? Are you trying to be a professional? No? Then why do you care?

Really put some thought in to that person just for a minute, they're criticising someone for having fun in a game they enjoy playing, how pathetic must their life be? Then laugh at them.
You've won.
>>
>>322335495
I had this same problem when some of the guys from my guild found out I sometimes wear skirts.
We figured out a way to make it work, though.
>>
>>322336393
It really shouldn't. They don't know you or what situation you're in at that very moment. Who gives a shit what some stranger thinks on a fucking game?
>>
>>322336393
>I don't give a shit about being yelled at or insulted in real life or in text, but there's something so much more direct and cutting about criticism from people I don't know in a game.
This is 100% backwards from what is normal. People online in a game are insignificant. Their words matter the least out of anyone else's in your life.
>>
File: v discusses healers.jpg (46KB, 461x340px) Image search: [Google]
v discusses healers.jpg
46KB, 461x340px
>>322336552
Oh for fuck's sake
>>
>only kid with glasses since pre-school
>get designated the loser of school because of it
>from 1st to 8th
>from 9th to 12th
>ridiculed the whole way
>play video games in the meantime
>always talk shit and make fun of folks

It was probably a coping mechanism. Still is, I guess.
>>
>>322335495
stop talking on the mic until your balls drop
>>
>>322335495
Literally nobody cares about you nerd.
>>
>>322335495
i play leauge of legends.
most toxic community ever
when they flame i fire back till my point doesnt get across anymore then i fully ignore them and play extremely passive.
i start another game with the intention to troll and play bad but it usually ends up being a good game. the times when its another bad game with more cancers then i full on troll that game. if its a bad game with no cancers i do what i can and stop playing for the day.
>>
>>322338080
>only kid with glasses who got made fun of for 12 years straight
Unless you went to school at the same place all those years, like you're country bumpkin or something, nah
>>
>>322336548
You must have a really cool attitude towards games. Or maybe you're just a psychopath.
>>
>>322338941
No I just realised that criticism which isn't constructive is fucking useless to me and getting emotional about it is time of my life fucking wasted.

I've been bullied and it fucked me up when I was younger. I cried alone in the playground once because I realised I had no true friends.

A few years later something hit me like a fucking cruise ship, why give a fuck about lame ass people? Then I started self deprecating jokes, laughing at people who tried to put me down and what happened? They realised "wait, this guy literally does not give a single shit" so they stopped.

If someone is truly telling you something bad about yourself so that you can improve as a person, think on it, do it.

If someone is just being a cunt, stop giving a shit. You'll love life a little more.
>>
Required reading/listening for everyone in this thread, especially OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaFe3nGhdGI

extra super especially starting right at 30:54
>>
>>322335495

What are you playing it on anon? If it's on the xbone, I'll play with you. I'm not good either so it's all good.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.