[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw debating coming back to WoW because I'm bored as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1447095148084.jpg (80KB, 417x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447095148084.jpg
80KB, 417x600px
>tfw debating coming back to WoW because I'm bored as fuck with all the games I have
stop me please
>>
Don't ever play an MMO without seeing if there's a good private server first anon, you should know better.
>>
>>322335260
But my friends aren't on those, I got bored on private servers too because of the weird circlejerky atmosphere.
>>
>>322335149
OP you should do it like Eric and get some better games.
>>
>>322335463
I have really good games though.
I've just played them so much I'm bored.
>>
>>322335497
Fair enough Eric, but really Wow isn't just mediocre , but also expensive, don't waste your time with that.
You might aswell play F2P2W MMOs, rather than P2P2W2P shit like WoW
>>
File: the mask.jpg (20KB, 285x325px) Image search: [Google]
the mask.jpg
20KB, 285x325px
SOMEBODY STOP ME
>>
>>322335646
I log on to this shit game every day
there's nothing to do and if you restarted you'd be too far behind to do anything
if you're going to sub at all, sub when the preexpac patch launches
>>
>>322335737
I'm not OP, I just saw
>stop me please
and immediately thought of the mask
>>
>>322335619
See the thing is money is no object, I have a good, easy well paying job. WoW is mediocre but it's solid.
F2P mmos are way worse than WoW
>>322335737
My plan was to buy Legion then make a level 100 on my buddies sever, Illidan.
>>
Avoid XIV if you can. While admittedly Heavensward made it decent, the last few content patches turned the grinding up to Korean levels. While it's admittedly less grindy compared to XI, it's still very tedious.

WoW is "okay" in a sense. There's very little reason to play unless you want to level a character or two, focus on achievements, pets, mythic raiding, getting your legendary ring, and so on. I'm only signed up since I'm in a progression raid guild and they need my DPS. Everyone is basically waiting for Legion at this point and I don't blame them.

SWTOR is panning out, but still having to nickel and dime your way to the top really hurts in the long run.

Rift. Meh.

Wildstar actually got kinda fun but still suffers from a few bugs that have been in-game since closed beta, namely various UI and other menus eating into your FPS. I'm rolling with an i7 4790k, GTX 980Ti, and 32gigs of RAM and I STILL get FPS issues, and yet I can play basically anything else with zero issue. I even went so far as to put Wildstar on my SSD, which I just bought a few weeks before, and it still gave me issues. While the game is still fun, your performance may suffer.

tl;dr - Your options aren't many, but you could always consider a hobby.
>>
>>322335782
oh....

>>322335794
don't play before the pre-patch launches
there is legitimately nothing to do outside of farming raids
and if you haven't gotten your legendary ring it's 80 weeks of upgrades then you don't do any comparable damage
save yourself
avoid this plague that i willingly subjugate myself to
>>
>>322335794
play some TF2 then, official Eric approved game.
Until you have 5000 hours on it , you're still a scrub anyway.
>>
>>322335149
Night elf females average 6'10". They also likely weigh on average 230-250 lbs.
>>
>>322335906
I played FFXIV, it's complete shit, hated it.
SWTOR is fun for some of the story shit, not as a serious raiding mmo.
I haven't done any of the WOD raids so I'd have something to do, plus I love PvP.
>>322335929
See above.
>>
>>322335929
There's plenty to do in WoW, if you know where to look.

Leveling/farming/catching pets.
Old raids for transmog and gold.
Farming legendaries.
Farming mounts.
Loremaster.
Achievements.
Mythic raids, and raids in general.
Leveling an alt.
Farming gold.
Focusing on a new class after reading upon the things revealed in the Legion beta, including getting professions up to snuff when Legion does come out.
>>
File: 1378491926661.jpg (67KB, 391x390px) Image search: [Google]
1378491926661.jpg
67KB, 391x390px
>>322335149
Try playing LoL or DotA 2.

Either one is a fun and addictive time waster, if you like that sort of game.
>>
>>322336063
Unless you have connections, you're not going to see raids for a few weeks, outside of LFR. Even with dedicated grinding, you'll still severely underperform without the legendary ring.
Oh, and pvp's been a complete shitshow since the end of cataclysm, I seriously hope you don't enjoy that aids.

>>322336163
I'm a little biased in the fact that I've completed just about everything you can do in the game, but even as a new/returning player you're very limited in what you can do unless you want to sit there grinding for extended periods of time.
Unless you're extremely dedicated, you won't have much shit to keep you going for the 6 months until legion.
>>
File: who is this semen demon.png (539KB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
who is this semen demon.png
539KB, 889x500px
>>322336163
>implying any of those activities are even remotely fun
lol ok
>>
>>322336437
Dunno, I still enjoyed PvP. I played Ret Paladin and popping cd's and reking shit was always fun to me. I've got a few friends who play so I think I should be ok.
>>
>>322336438
It's almost as if people have different ideas of fun. Plus I never mentioned the word at all, anon. You did.

>>322336437
You're right to an extent. If you've done basically everything, you're essentialy dicking around until Legion. And right now. Warcraft is bleeding subs, just like MoP did.

The best Blizzard can do is generate hype through the beta. And Overwatch.
>>
>>322336618
>Plus I never mentioned the word at all, anon. You did.
Oh. Well as long as you're recommending things you agree aren't fun then we're all squared away.
>>
>>322336618
It's actually worse than dicking around. It's forced to farm fucking HFC for the next 6 months doing sales runs in order to do progression for 6 weeks.
Farm is actually the worst
>>
>>322336678
I merely said they were things to do. People enjoy things they find fun. Personally I like farming old raids for mounts and gold. Mostly gold.

I want to gold cap before Legion. At least I have a goal in mind.

>>322336774
I'll give you that. I'm essentially done with WoD, but the alternatives aren't much better.
>>
>>322335149
Don't fucking do it.

You know what'll happen if you resub? You'll sit in your garrison all day, watching your queue timers tick down. You won't be able to get into a decent raiding group because you're so far behind the curve on your 'totally not required' legendary ring, so it'll be LFR for you until you're up to snuff. Maybe you'll go do something else like farm old raids for transmorg gear and mounts? You'll finish everything soloable in a day at most- then its back to watching timers tick down. Feel like PvP? Hope you like queue timers, since that's all you'll see waiting for Ashran or random BG's. Want to do arenas? Too fucking bad, no one will want to group with you in your blue honor gear.

I played WoW from BC launch up to the twitter patch. I loved my time playing, the adventures I had, and the people I met, but WoW is a festering corpse at this point, and Legion is looking to be more of the same. Keep your fond memories of the game and do anything other than come back.
>>
File: CNNdKyDUsAA4UHO.jpg (17KB, 544x381px) Image search: [Google]
CNNdKyDUsAA4UHO.jpg
17KB, 544x381px
Find a different MMO to waste your life in. But what?
>>
>>322337210
could waste your time in a moba like well adjusted individuals
>>
>>322336957
Tanaan and Mythics to catch up. You got plenty of time to catch up, plus you could always find a decent guild who could carry you. I was carried, but hten again that was back in October.
>>
>>322335149
Anata wa homo desu
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.