[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Witcher series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: WitcherTrilogy_hero2.jpg (154KB, 613x331px) Image search: [Google]
WitcherTrilogy_hero2.jpg
154KB, 613x331px
What's with this fucking series?
I like it, I like the world, the graphics are usually amazing for the times, characters are good, story is alright but still there's something that just doesn't click?
To my understanding I'm not the only one who feels like this?
still waiting for the Enhanced Edition for 3
>>
The combat is shit in all 3 games.

As good as the content may be, it suffers from boring gameplay.
>>
>>322325819
only good gameplay was 2. But even that wasn't really polished
>>
I have trouble getting into the series because you have to play as Geralt. It just feels wrong to me to have this really well made RPG, and then not have a character creator.
>>
>>322326178
3 was literally better in nearly every way. Being able to sidestep was a damn godsend.
>>
whats wrong with the gameplay?
>>
File: 1444616030668.gif (3MB, 250x175px) Image search: [Google]
1444616030668.gif
3MB, 250x175px
>>322326274
>I need to self insert
>>
>>322326096
Whats so bad about it?

I went full sign and had fun with it. Bombs, signs, altered signs, parrying counter attacks, power attacks, crossbow, basically i used it all but ended up habing fun with it.

Not to sound like a faggot but a game like this having CUHRAYZEE combat or whatever it is you probably want might not work. I guess it could, but i dint know for sure. All i know is that i liked TW3s combat more than elder scrolls
>>
>>322325819
Oh fuck op i forget there will probably be a Enhanced Edition for 3. oh bebe. I hope CDPR give it to existing owners for free like they did with 1 and 2
>>
>>322326485
They wouldn't be considered the good guys if they didn't
>>
>>322326383
I never self insert in RPGs. That's sort of the problem with The Witcher. Geralt is made to self insert into, and I don't like doing that. I want to make and play as the character I want to experience the story with.
>>
File: 1450026222464.jpg (2MB, 4381x4320px) Image search: [Google]
1450026222464.jpg
2MB, 4381x4320px
>>322325819
Same, it's the combat and menus for me.
>>
>>322326623
Well shouldn't it be easier to experience the story with a character that has his own motivations, personality, and relationships rather than some random guy the player creates?
It's also a lot easier to not self-insert as Geralt if you've read the books or so I've heard.
>>
>>322326436
I love the idea of it.
Prepping for a difficult fight, using relatively weak magic and items to get that edge, dodging and parrying rather than just soaking damage.

But it just doesn't work that way in execution.

There's all this stuff you should be doing, but in the end, quen, slash x 3, roll, repeat, every single time.
>>
endless console menus
follow the red shit
pigeonholed into specific items
collectathons

the meat and potatoes of the series is good though
>>
>>322326096
what a fascinating opinion.
>>
>>322326865
a big problem is that geralt has his memory wiped in w2, and in w1 iirc.
now, geralt has at the same time an established personality and one you can give him.
this translates in rarely having choices the player would personally select and, at the same time, doing choices that do not fit geralt character.
then there are some stupid choices like in w2. why should i join yorveth, who i just met, when there's roche by my side and he helped me escaping?
>>
>>322326898
But you dont have to play that way
>>
>>322329173
Right, you can just Aard and stab.
>>
because cdrp are awful at actual game design.
i can only speak for w2 and w3, both not finished, but with 30 and 50 hrs on them.

>menus
they're simply awful. they dont seem fit for either pc nor console. i cant seem to find a logic in them. worse part is that you constantly have to get in and out of them in w3, since potions dont last minutes like in w2 and dont need meditation (terrible design choice). also suffers from the eat cabbages mid fight to regain health.

>combat
while the movement in clunky, it's not good, but it does its job. main problem is that devs dont try to make it fun, pleasing or rewarding in any way.
a great issue for a game that carries the same core combat for 3 installments and doesn't benefit from spell or weapon variation.

>loot
most armors in w3 are jester costumes.
retarded design choices like putting a lvl 14 armor during late game: to get it you need to finish a lvl 20 quest.
or
see that dangerous enemy? its way out of your level, but if you play smart and well you may kill him and get sweet loot. fight a one-shotting sponge for 30 min, get to the chest: its either nothing or a sword with shit stats you cant even use.

>complete retardation
you just killed a bunch of aggressive drowners? 5xp
talk to an old lady outside her house, get inside her house, retrieve a pot, give it to her. 100xp
or
get to skellige mission is lvl 16 iirc, in skellige you find several lvl 8 and 10 quests.
>>
I downloaded the free DLC armour

Where do I find it in-game? =/
>>
>>322326314
>>322326178

My main issue isn't about the gameplay itself which is "okay", but about the lack of variety in the combat. It's always the same mobs over and over with 2 poor paterns.
In tw3 it becomes a major issue since the world is bigger.
You discover almost every kind of mobs in white orchard the starting area.
Therefore the game never forces you to change of combat style or to be more vigilant.
>>
>>322326096
Morrowind's combat is even worse but /v/ jerks off to it routinely. Why does Morrowind get a free pass for shitty, broken combat?
>>
>>322325819
UI and menus for me I think, makes me physically sick.
>>
>>322331004
Because its like 7 years older than witcher 1.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.