[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wasn't ready.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: the beginner's guide.jpg (31KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
the beginner's guide.jpg
31KB, 460x215px
I wasn't ready.
>>
File: 1449985977026.jpg (124KB, 600x684px) Image search: [Google]
1449985977026.jpg
124KB, 600x684px
>>322317790
You werent ready for a pretentious, shitty/whiny voiceover'ed game? I was.

It was okay, but the whole premise got more and more stupid as the "story" developed. A whiny bitchboy was mad someone didnt want their work released, and somehow it becomes more about the whiny bitchboy than the fictitious creator.
>>
neither was the gameplay
>>
>>322319092
The point was that in playing the game you were contributing to the problem,

Beginners guide is easily in my top 10 2015
>>
>>322319310
>by being forced to play through shitty half made "maps", you are part of the problem

Epic. So it is a shitty walking simulator AND it wants to guilt trip you for playing the game. GOTY 2015

It was shit. Stanley parable is his only good game.
>>
>>322319092
Okay, but how long did it take for you to realize that there was an unreliable narrator?

Maybe you're just too smart for the rest of us, but it was very well paced with a solid narrative. Maybe it's not the biggest twist or anything, but the game certainly isn't BAD.
>>
>>322317790
Is this game like Stanley Parable with a lot of different directions it can go or Dear Esther with one core story but some places you can veer off before going back on the main path?
>>
>>322317790
>liked a lot Stanely Parable
>found begginers guide pretty dull

I mean it's nice and i liked some bits but it's nothing special. Maybe because "the ending" and the meaning was easy to predict.
>>
File: maxresdefault-5.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-5.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>322319749
Neither. Its from point A to point B with "deep philosophical insight" from a whiny hipster fag.
>>
>>322319749

It's an entirely controlled narrative.

Little over an hour and a half and you've seen everything it has to offer.

Guess you could say it's a "movie", but it will forever have the title of a Walking Simulator because that's 95% of your input.
>>
>>322319810
This desu senpai. If the game was only about the showcase of how the dude got better at doing games over time it would be more pleasant. The emotional part of the story felt a bit shoehorned in and pretentious without having that much substance.
>>
>>322317790
None of us were, anon, none of us were.
>>
File: walk_away.png (192KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
walk_away.png
192KB, 501x445px
How do you go from The Stanley Parable to this?
>>
>>322319575
The worst parts of the Stanley parable combined with the worst parts of spec ops the line.
>>
File: 1451631018069.png (2MB, 1186x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1451631018069.png
2MB, 1186x1500px
>>322317790
This was a bad game, but an excellent interactive story
>>
>>322319972
People always act like he's trying to teach you something, or spread his philosphy with this.

He's not trying to be pretentious and smart, he's trying to get you invested enough for an emotional climax.

If you get the feels during the game, then it's worked as intended, whether or not you think there's some hidden message or some bullshit parable hidden inside.
>>
>>322317790
so what game are you trying to sell me now /v/?

I did not fall for undertale, so why should I fall for this one?
>>
>>322320567
A cleverly disguised movie. You should play it because it's a good movie.
>>
>>322320567
If you haven't played Staley Parable yet, I would recommend that one first. It's more of an actual game, and having knowledge of the game designer may give you slightly more appreciation for the narration in Beginner's Guide.
>>
future of indie: interactive stories with no gameplay
why not just read a book?
>>
>>322321180
Are you saying some stories can't be more effective when the player has to make a tough decision, or act on a controversial matter? Beginner's Guide isn't the best example, but it definitely should make the player more uncomfortable playing and moving the story along rather than just reading it as a book or watching it as a movie.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.