[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mortal Kombat Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Freddy_render2.png (305KB, 792x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Freddy_render2.png
305KB, 792x1024px
SHAWTY BLADES SHAWTY BLADES SHAWTY BLADES SHAWTY BLADES
>>
Sorry but horror icons are not muh mortal kombat, fuck off with this shit.
>>
Are they bringing Freddy back? It makes zero sense to have Jason in the game and not bring Freddy back since rights to his character are not an issue.

Much like Alien and Predator, that matchup just oozes hype/prints money.
>>
>>322314992
They better fucking not, I hate Freddy. If anyone else is going to get a guest character spot it better be Spawn. He could be way better than he was in Soul Calibur 2.
>>
>>322314158
What's wrong with his face? He doesn't look like Freddy at all.
>>
>>322315892
It's remake Freddy
>>
>>322315964
Eww
>>
>>322315218

>I hate Freddy

Pleb opinion, Freddy is definitely one of the best slasher villains from that era. Englund's charisma and the unique/memorable kills his powerset allowed for make him a total standout.

Also, why does he have two claws? It's triggering my autism.
>>
>>322315218
>Spawn
We're gonna get Spawn and Deadpool because
Movie marketing
>>
>>322316053
I mean't I hate Freddy in the game not as a character. Honestly I just hate MK9 in general, I just hated the way it looked.
>>
>>322315995
>fish-faced asian freddy
>"nine, ten never gonna sreep again"
>>
Guests are 100% cancer
>>
>Neatherrealm has said that DLC for X will not be repeat of DLC for 9
>Freddy in 9 was reboot Freddy
>so they can do Englund Freddy in X and it technically won't be a repeat of 9's DLC

Like honestly Englund Freddy is the only guest character I really want in X, other than that just use the DLC for fucking MK characters.
>>
>>322316254
Bringing a more film accurate Freddy into the game with all the same love and attention to detail that the new team payed to Jason would be fantastic though, just sayin'.

I just want my Freddy vs. Jason grudgematch man. It's the next best thing now that Alien vs. Predator has actually happened.
>>
>>322316053
On a story level, he built it himself after Shao Khan summoned him from the Dream Realm. He thought he needed an edge because he was far less powerful in a physical body.

From a technical standpoint, it's because they needed him to be symmetrical for his animations to work properly.

I would have actually really liked Freddy to have just been added to the cast. He'd make a fun wildcard character, which would be nice now that Hanzo is firmly good.
>>
>>322314992

I'd prefer Ghostface or Pinhead.
>>
>>322317673
Pinhead would be interesting.
>>
>>322317673
>Ghostface
Yeah he could be pretty good
>>
>>322317361

I guess it that's understandable, albiet a bit lazy. I know HURR DURR SMASH, but Sakurai and his team managed to come up with a great solution to that exact same issue in Smash 4.

It's just a shame, because Englund's gunslinger stance is one of the character's most iconic features.
>>
>>322317673
>Ghostface

A couple teenagers that know shit about slasher movies in a halloween outfit? Fucking really?

>Pinhead

Never seen any of his movies so I can't say either way.
>>
File: FogPoster.png (63KB, 217x500px) Image search: [Google]
FogPoster.png
63KB, 217x500px
isnt dante from devil may cry and knuckles a game for girls?
>>
>>322318150
what?
>>
>tfw no new MKX comics
>>
>>322317673

Straight up AAA horror icon crossover fighting game when? We've been joking about it for so long that some madman with studio connections should have tried to pitch it somewhere by now.
>>
>>322318139

Ghostface could work. They wouldn't go with a specific Ghostface killer. It'd really just be the costume fighting. Not only that, but Leatherface is mortal. He's a big retard, if you want to put it that way. Not so different from Ghostface.

>>322318315

It probably has something to do with the rights to each character.
>>
>>322318139
Think Quan Chi with magic chains and knives instead of bones.
>>
>>322318315
http://terrordrome-thegame.com/

There's this. It's fan-made and I haven't actually tried it, but it looks pretty sweet. I would really like to see a real horror crossover fighting game though. WB owns so many that they could seriously just farm it out to Neatherrealm to do and they'd have most of the hits.
>>
>>322318510
This, if they're willing to let Netherrealm do a game with DC characters might as well do horror icons too.
>>
>>322318510

How many of them does WB own?
>>
>>322318510
This anon forgot to mention that each character is made to best represent the movie/s they're from. Game balance is not something they kept in mind while making this.
>>
>>322318610
For sure they have Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street. I was just trying to find out today if they actually owned the rights to Chainsaw Massacre but couldn't tell for sure. It probably wouldn't be hard for them to acquire others if they don't already own them, but they're such a massive blob of a company that it's probably nearly impossible to actually know everything they have.
>>
>>322318842
Also just because one branch of Time Warner owns something, does not mean another branch, like Neatherrealm or whoever, can use it. Copyright is weird as fuck like that.
>>
File: aku smug.png (536KB, 1002x800px) Image search: [Google]
aku smug.png
536KB, 1002x800px
Aku fucking when?
>>
File: 1385863241304.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1385863241304.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>dedicated block button
>>
>>322319147
>Dedicated attack buttons
>>
File: 1404229118765.gif (890KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
1404229118765.gif
890KB, 245x150px
>>322319147
>>322319495
>dedicated movement buttons
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.