[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: advance.jpg (171KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
advance.jpg
171KB, 1280x960px
How does this game compare to its predecessor?
>>
>>322309304

not as good by a long shot. wouldn't recommend it. It's not horrible but it's not worth going back to.
>>
One of my favourite games as a kid.

It was one of the few games I'd describe as "magical".

Fantastic music as well.
>>
>>322309985
What makes it not as good?

>>322310354
You're clearly too young to be here if it's not Rayman 2.
>>
>>322309304
I kind of liked 3 but not as much as I liked 2. 3 just had a different tone and sense of humor than 2. The Hoodlums weren't as cool an enemy as the Robot Pirates and I find it a great shame they haven't shown up in many games since then.

John Leguizamo as Globox was weird. I don't think the Rayman series should have english voice acting. Stick to the gibberish of 2.
>>
>>322310857

It's been a hell of a long time since I've played it but I remember giving it two good attempts at completion and never being able to do it. It never pulled me in like Rayman 2 did. Just couldn't hold my attention.

That being said I think the game has a good sense of humor about it.
>>
>>322311642
>I don't think the Rayman series should have english voice acting. Stick to the gibberish of 2.

I agree. The gibberish made it special. Even though the remake you can pick the gibberish it doesn't feel the same as in the original game.
>>
>>322309304
It's what I call a solid B game. Everything felt fluid and satisfying but it was nothing particularly memorable.
>>
>>322311717
Well I grew up with the PS2 version of 2 so I'm used to the English voice acting.

>>322311943
Didn't the original game have voice acting? I remember it being in the intro.
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
>>322309304

The "new" voice acting for the English dub of Ray3 was fucking awful and annoying. It became overly obnoxious and self-aware of itself far more than 2 did, but that might just be "French" humor leaking out to a different culture.

Example: http://youtubetime.com/#
>>
File: Tulips.jpg (606KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Tulips.jpg
606KB, 1024x768px
>>322312581

My bad, this was the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3AhDQJAsA4&t=4m50s
>>
>>322312581
>http://youtubetime.com/#

I don't get it.
>>
>>322312684
Oh god that's even worse than the previous game.
>>
>>322309304
Personally I loved it. Rayman 2 might be stronger overall but my favourite 3D rayman levels come from this one (Land of the Livid-Dead and Desert of the Knaaren). The last level however is a crock of shit. Boring level design and an awful final boss.
>>
>>322312947
Thanks. I'll get it anyway.
>>
I played both 2 and 3 close to their endings, but never really finished them. Same with Origins and Legends.

Also, when do you anons think we'll get another Rayman game, 2D platformer or 3D platformer?

I'm hoping for another 2D platformer personally, Origins was my game of the year when it was released and I instantly fell in love with it. Edith Up is underrated.
>>
Everything about the gameplay is top fucking notch, but when they try new gameplay styles it sorta falls on its face.
For all that the voice acting can be kind of junk, I still found it pretty funny.

The best thing about the game really is the version for GBA which is a fan-fucking-tastic combination of Rayman 2's environments, bits of Rayman 3's story and Rayman 1's gameplay.
>>
>>322312684
What the fuck did they do to Globox
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.