[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steam Controller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Steam controller.jpg (20KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Steam controller.jpg
20KB, 460x215px
Is this thing actually worth anything? I don't know how well I could use the pad instead of a stick. It's advertised as having "the precision of a mouse with the familiarity of a controller."
>>
>>322304943
No matter which way you look at it. It takes time to get used to the gamepad. It's way, way different.

That said. Yes it's worth a lot. I absolutely love mine.

The only genre I'm not up to parity with a traditional gamepad or M+KB yet is FPS's and MMO's.

I can do 5-mans on Warcraft with mine, but pvp and raiding is too much so far.

Absolute elder-god tier for titles like Cities: Skyline that I want to play on my big screen to chill with.

It's a Valve product, so you get out of it what you put in, but you get a LOT for your investment.
>>
>>322305173
Iuno, Im skeptical of that statement when considering a demanding game that is best played with Dpad.
>>
>>322304943
I have a feeling valve will release a steam controller 2.0 a couple of years from now and it'll be way better. From what I've heard the release version does a good job of being versatile as Valve intended but because of that it feels and acts different than say a 360 controller, so it can be a little weirder/awkward.
>>
>>322304943
It's great if you have enough patience to do a lot of customization.

Keep in mind the games need the Steam overlay to work, so you need to add non-Steam games to your Library. I've seen people play Battlefront by disabling Origin in-game and then adding the .exe to their Library.

The gyro makes shooters actually playable. It's like Splatoon.
>>
>>322305391
Like what? Super Meat Boy? Mischief Maker?

Either way, dpad games are a breeze. The notches on the left pad mean your fingers don't lose track, and the haptics are responsive adn feel good when you press them.
>>
>>322304943
Personally, I'm holding out for a controller with a trackball.
>>
>>322305783
Get a Steam Controller then. Functionally identical to a trackball.
>>
>>322305897
No, it's functionally identical to a trackpad.
I fucking despise trackpads.
>>
>>322306246
A trackpad with haptics and a trackball mode.

Why do you immediately hate the mas a rule
>>
>>322306339
>and a trackball mode
What's different about the trackball mode?
>>
>>322304943
As someone who got it as a gift, there is never a point at which I think that this controller is better in any way over traditional gamepad in any genre besides building games like cities. I find myself actively avoiding using the controller at times due to it not working well in the fighting, rts, and fps genres.

Its a big gimmick OP. do yourself a favor and either wait next year for 2.0 or keep using your current controller.
>>
>>322306559
It turns the trackpad into a trackball. When you swipe the pad, the gyros simulate a trackballs momentum and clicks, you can both hear it and feel it on your fingers.
>>
>>322304943
Customization is god tier. Touch menĂº is amazing for complex games (For example, X3), and gyro makes posible to play FPS.

I even made a custom profile for Sattelite Reign where you use the finger-control (instead if thumb) for moving the mouse cursor.

All that complexity makes this controller a master race controller not suitable for console babies.

Still, is not really good for fighting games. And i have found 1 game that does not work at all: Xwing alliance.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.