[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to start this game. What should I expect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: witcher3mermaid.jpg (164KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3mermaid.jpg
164KB, 1920x1080px
any tips? Any mods?
>>
>>322293447
wtf i never seen mermaid in game
>>
>>322293748
Those flying things in Skellige look like that. Just look at a dead one up close.

It's an awesome game OP.
>>
>>322293748
Only straight people can see the mermaid.
>>
Look everywhere for diagrams and take all the ingredients you can, and don't waste money on armour or weapons that aren't witcher gear
>>
>>322293959
oh yeah, they attack you in the water
>>
>>322293447
Install a no weight limit mod because weight limits/encumbrance in games is literally never, ever fun.
>>
goty 2015 is what you can expect

frankly it's the best game i've ever played
>>
>>322293447
Expect:
>Very pretty world
>Average animations
>Bad combat
>Weird challenge curve. Hard in the beginning and way too easy late
>Terrible UI
>Very enjoyable side quests
>Fine main story
>Decent writing
>Generally likable characters. Protagonist is worst, only better than Ciri
>>
>>322294827
i don't find the combat to be bad, especially compared to the previous titles

witcher 1 had bad combat
>>
File: george-lucas_0.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas_0.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
An EXTREMELY boring world and story.

i don't want to listen to those faggot NPC's have to say, ever.

Geralt is stiff and boring as hell, he doesn't give a shit,we know.
>>
>>322295117
Fuck off George, nobody cares about you regretting selling your franchise that you ruined and nobody cares about your taste in video games.
>>
>>322295368

YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT POETRY YOU WHITE SLAVING FAGGOT
>>
>>322295423
>>322295117
I guess /tv/ is here. Yipee.

>>322293447
But seriously OP, check out nexus for some mods, there are a few good texture ones out there, a few great combat ones too. Add me on steam if you want and i'll link you a bunch of decent mods.
>>
>>322295423
I SHOULD TRY ROLLING THATS A GOOD TRICK
>>
Also just started, killed the griffin.
So far, the combat is... ugh. Skyrim's was better, and Skyrim has god-awful combat. I'm hoping the world and story makes up for it.
>>
>>322295063
Oh, I just meant in comparison to any other real time combat game. Hit boxes, lock on targeting, movement are all trash by generally standards of the genre.

That's not a huge surprise really. It's a big open world game where combat isn't the only draw. It's like pointing out that gears of war or something had better shooting than GTA.
>>
>>322295423
Abrams' poems drop panties, yours drop public approval
>>
>>322295823
i agree, i basically don't bother locking onto targets in the game because it makes the combat worse

it is meant to be more free flowing imo
>>
>>322295723
This.
>>
>>322295997
Right. It basically becomes a quick attack spamfest combined with the shield spell after 10 hours of gameplay. That's pretty shit combat, but there are other positives that make the game better.

Over all? 6-7/10
>>
>>322296553
idk i guess i didn't find it as bad as all that, especially on the harder difficulty, there's an element of danger in every encounter

it's not the best combat but it's not horrible, you can get some pretty cool combos and death sequences
>>
>>322293447
>no quest involving a siren trying to seduce you (not counting the shitty moment in the cave of dreams)
>they are the fucking drowners of skellige
>>
File: 1444001195995.jpg (726KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1444001195995.jpg
726KB, 1680x1050px
>>322293447
lore friendly mods are pretty good, also a potion length mod could be very handy too
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.