[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Citizen, worth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1450936233190.gif (1MB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
1450936233190.gif
1MB, 400x293px
I like the idea, is anyone playing? Got a few questions? Should I buy a package or skip? How easy is it to attain in game cash? What are you able to build?
>>
Wait until the game is actually released.
>>
>>322293098
Don't. It's glorified vaporware at this point. It's over budget and has no effective leadership.
>>
>>322293098
Invest your and your family's life savings in it. It's the new singularity.
>>
It's simple, really. If you want the game for cheap and support the game, grab the cheapest game package (Aurora MR).

If you don't want to support the game early and don't mind waiting, get it on release.

>Should I buy a package or skip?
Package.
>How easy is it to attain in game cash?
Kinda easy, it's not meant to be a grindfest. Ship customisation should be harder than just buying a hull.
>What are you able to build?
Wut, there is no building atm not is it planned (that I know of)
>>
>>322293098
The idea is fantastic, the execution is beyond a joke. Stay away from the cult at all costs.
>>
>>322294229
>>322294023
>haters

>>322294113
>skeptic

>>322294095
>patrician
>>
>>322294336
>skeptic
I bought the game, just stating facts. Dogfighting is really fun atm despite the bugs that ruin the balance and make hornets way too maneuverable. Area 18 looks beyond amazing, the universe part is mindblowing albeit running like shit due to a server bottleneck. So if you wanna see what's going on, backing is not a bad idea but if you just have a passing interest, it's safer to just wait for release.
>>
File: SimpsonsRalph.png (252KB, 614x473px) Image search: [Google]
SimpsonsRalph.png
252KB, 614x473px
so I have to buy the game on release to keep the content I acquire?
>>
i watched 10 minutes of gameplay on livestream

that said, elite dangerous on sale for $10 still is the better buy.
>>
>>322294641
What? No. You buy it once and that's it, no subscription or anything. If you acquired content it means you played the game and own it.
>>
File: 1399635885789.jpg (229KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1399635885789.jpg
229KB, 850x850px
Do NOT give Scam Citizen money. For fucks sake.

It's literally run by criminals. They've run tech scams before. Fucking don't. Game doesn't even work by any semblance of the term work. Can't get in to your own ships, and then the game crashes after ten minutes every time.

Anyone suggesting to even pay a dollar for anything is a shill or a moron.
>>
>>322294912
>anime avatarfag is wrong
wew lad
>>
>>322293098

Wouldn't give it the time of day. It's never actually releasing.
>>
>>322295009
Your money's funeral, faggot.
>>
>>322295009
Epic post, my friend.
Mind if I save it?
>>
>>322295362
It's all yours, my friend.

>>322295286
>$30
I'll survive, I think.
>>
>>322295460
You'll survive, as will your wallet.

Your dignity, however
>>
>>322293098
I got it during the last $30 sale, I figure even if they only meet half their promises I'll still get a decent space game to replace freelancer. Don't buy it if you want to do more than dogfight against people who have a hell of a lot more practice than you at this moment though. The Universe thing is buggy as all fuck, I was constantly crashing. And a few of those crashes wouldn't let me log back into the server (I'm assuming it thought I was still on). I've already uninstalled it for now.

That said it is probably one of the most immersive games I've played. Sim levels of ship controls and the graphics look pretty good and have lots of character animations. Flying was fun even though I was still figuring shit out. I've got no regrets, I've spent more at a bar. Now all the retards dropping several hundred dollars on the other hand...

Basically it's got potential but they have a hell of a lot to do to make it playable still.
>>
File: IMG_9833.jpg (306KB, 1242x1226px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9833.jpg
306KB, 1242x1226px
So how do you earn in game currency atm
>>
>>322296345
There is no persistence so you can't earn in-game currency. It's too early for that still. You can earn REC to try out ships without paying by dogfighting/racing in multiplayer.
>>
google the escapist article then try to forget about the game
>>
>>322293938
We'll be dead by then.
>>
Just watch some videos or streamers for a few minutes and make your own decisions
>>
Just wait
They have enough money already, they just need time
Don't spend 10k on virtual spaceships.
>>
lol, watch this and tell me if you still want to pay money for a tech demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

It's not a game it's an idea of a game
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.