[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was dark souls 2 so disappointing? Literally all they had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (61KB, 694x362px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 694x362px
Why was dark souls 2 so disappointing? Literally all they had to do was take the engine from dark souls 1 and create a new map as they did with artorias of the abyss instead we got shitty tracking and soul memory.

I was seriously considering upgrading to SotFS since I haven't played any of the dlc, but I don't want to buy it since I didn't enjoy the base game like DeS or DaS. Also, I didn't want to get the dlc at launch because Fromsoft said there WOULDNT be dlc for dasii, and yet we got a season pass and 3 areas. Just screamed cut content to me and I was surprised when people on /v/ caved and bought it despite bitching about the base game
>>
Oh its another one of these threads again
>>
>>322290671
Softs has dlc and more enemies/different loactions, it's only worth buying if it's like 20, i bought mine for 20
>>
>>322290671
i didn't like most of the aesthetics of it and the enemy spawns (no SotFS too)
>>
>>322290671
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrgaZchJQVg
required viewing.
>>
>>322290671

I enjoy Sotfs. I played the original DaS II campaign and skipped all DLC because I was underwhelmed with the experience, but the new mob placement is a lot less rage-inducing and has a better flow. Some areas are tougher, some are deliberately easier, but overall it makes the game feel like a challenge and not a chore like some areas did (Shrine of Amara comes to mind, but that area is still fucking miserable)
>>
>>322290671
>fix covenants
>fix network issues
>focus on level quality throughout the whole game, not just first 2/3
>add skill requirements in armor to hinder thinking

What else did it need?
>>
>>322290671
Bloodborne was being developed along side DS2, that's why DS2 was disappointing.

It was being made by a team who was directed by a man that didn't understand what makes the Souls games what they are, it's a soulless imitation with no real direction, I somewhat like the aesthetic but it's clear that everything about the game feels like a cheap imitation and is pretty confused about it's lore.

However as a game in it's own right if you take away the Souls legacy, it's not bad, not amazing, but I still had a good time with it once I got past the overall disappointment of everything just feeling slightly off, plenty of content in SOTFS.

Soul Memory was worse, I didn't think twinking was a big deal in Dark Souls, just fucking play better than them, it's not like a click and numbers game where it's a completely statistical impossibility to win after a point, if they're twinking but only an average player and you're not twinking and know what you're doing, or if they completely fuck up and kill themselves or something, you win.

Twinking in an action/skill based game isn't nearly as problematic as it would be in a turn based or MMO style click to fight game.
>>
>>322290671

It's not a significant step forward as DeS->DaS was and that's pretty much the answer.

It's not a bad game it's just a bad souls game.
>>
I'm replaying DaS right now and it also has terrible tracking/hitboxes, you just don't see a million webms of them because the souls fanbase is the most autistic fanbase I've ever seen.
>>
>>322292462
I don't see why twinking was ever considered such a big problem when you always had the option of disabling online play through in-game mechanics.
>>
I've seen people defending DaS2 hitboxes and dodge roll i-frames lately, but did ADP really add anything meaningful to the game?
>>
Enemy placements and bosses

In DS1 you would actually try to fight enemies before entering an area however in DS2 most of the time you're just running past them as they're grouped up like shit and can easily fuck you up
Also bosses besides being less original are just multiple enemies designed for the same reason as the regular enemies
>>
>>322291612

>removal of soul memory
>infinite invasion item
>no invasion time limit

Twinking is a problem that could have been fixed by making everything dependent on stat scaling or basing online interaction on equipment levels. Gutting everything forever so new players could safely get through the first few areas was just retarded.

Grinding for orbs is just tedious, and getting them through arena victories means invaders will be too good at PVP on average. If they don't have any phantom helpers, most hosts normally playing through the game won't stand a chance against someone who competed in dozens of matches to get a handful of orbs.

Invasion time limits screw over any invader who can't find the host, ends up going down a drop off with no ladder, or wants to do things Patches style. Fair duels are for arenas and summon signs. Invasions are an extension of PVE, and normal enemies sure as shit don't disappear if you huddle at the bonfire long enough.
>>
The thing that makes me really mad is how the game tries so hard to make farming difficult through ascetics/effigies and enemies despawning. Oh you didn't get that thing you wanted? Too bad that enemy doesn't even spawn any more.
>>
>>322290671
You arent doing yourself a favor hanging up on such old accuses. Soul memory never mattered at any time except not beeing put against a twink at low levels. Tracking is from softs stupid lazy answer for "dont backstab thprugh the whole game scrub", graphical downgrade was because of the consoles so fromsoft doesnt have a word here, really and the dlc is as sure as the sun in our time and day. grow up dont grow down and just play a nicely crafted game which happens not to be your first souls game, either you would fucking love it and suck its feminine cock everynite m8 and now stop beeing made of salt and tear and play the game, sotfs is better than orig
>>
File: 1368476133556.jpg (14KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1368476133556.jpg
14KB, 350x350px
>>322293916
>>
>>322293735
They added 20 things to fix the same problem for every problem. Dont want to get invaded by twinks? burn an effigy.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.