[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the best version of Minecraft? Obviously, it was during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 2011-01-13_20.56.51.jpg (67KB, 510x288px) Image search: [Google]
2011-01-13_20.56.51.jpg
67KB, 510x288px
What was the best version of Minecraft?

Obviously, it was during beta, but which patch is your favorite?
>>
More content = better game, so whatever the latest version is. Unless you really, REALLY hate the hunger system.
>>
>>322284078
More content =/= better

A good quality experience = better

A simplistic gameplay style centered around building and exploring are what I enjoyed about old minecraft
>>
The latest version you fucking donut.

The game has only gotten better. So unless you are against hunger, there is no reason to like old versions over the new ones.
Just because you grew out of the game and don't like it anymore doesn't mean it was better before and shit now
>>
>>322284296
Other than the hunger system, I can't think of a single thing that was made worse over the years. There are a lot of later additions that I enjoyed.
>>
>>322284317
I hate the potion system, the enchantment system, the rapidly rising difficulty if you stay in one area, the hunger, the way the worlds generate
>>
>>322284742
>the rapidly rising difficulty if you stay in one area
Elaborate. Is this recent or something? I haven't played in a long time.
>>
>>322283593
I liked it before the adventure mode update

>rapid fire arrows
>no hunger system
>didn't try to be an RPG with magic and dragons
>>
>>322283593
the one before the wolves
>>
1.5.2, before they fucked up mods and texture packs.
>>
>>322284954
This

The adventure update ruined everything

>>322284892
I think it was added a couple years back
>>
1.7.3 was top comfy.
>>
>>322283593
When they added seeds and the gargamel, 404, and Dead Space seeds where the topped tier generation ever
>>
>>322284317
The world generation hasn't.

Besides the only reason everyone was so enthralled with this game was because of all the potential it had. We expected Dwarf Fortress in 3D but now it's still a children's mobile game.
>>
>>322285260
toppest tier*
>>
>>322285318
video games are for children
>>
>>322284430
World generation and general aesthetic went to shit, 1.8 was the tipping point.
>>
The patch before they fucked up mushrooms and made it so you couldn't plant them in sunlight unless you had that shitty grass block

RIP mushroom tower
>>
I think the last version I played was 1.2.6

I remember someone made a massive modpack for the community, but can't remember what all it had in it other than some large randomly generated towers with loot n' shit at the top of it.

Jeez, that was back in like early 2010.
>>
File: 1236963.jpg (4KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1236963.jpg
4KB, 125x120px
>>322285510
>>
Anywhere you can download pre-adventure versions?
>>
I'm looking for a list of all the pre-release patch notes, where is a good place to look?
>>
>>322283593
The best version of MC was during alpha you underaged cancer-ridden pest.
>>
>>322284317
Honestly I didn't mind hunger. It wasn't bad when it was implemented.
It's awful now because it drains so fast that you can't run more than fifty blocks without having to eat something. Before, it was just a reason to keep a low maintenance farm in your base, but now you have to make a large food source a priority because you'll be through a 64 stack of beef in about an hour.
>>
The game wasn't better to me back then. It was just new and I was younger so I enjoyed it more. I remember building large tracks going through caves and mountains and using the cart booster trick to maintain speed.

If I were to do that today I'd get bored quick.

So Minecraft is better today but I'm too bored of it for those additions to matter.
>>
I'm not sure which version it was, they changed wold generation years back and it has never been the same. The worlds just aren't interesting to look at anymore. Everything is entirely to flat and boring.

I'd say the poorly executed launch of biomes started the downfall.
>>
The last version before they "fixed" world generation and added hunger was my favourite. Don't remember when that was.
>>
>>322287257
I really hated it because it partly took away one of the things that made Minecraft fun for me: exploring the world and finding a nice cliff to perch my base on. Before that you could just walk around for hours and you only had to be afraid of the monsters, hunger just felt like a huge nuisance.
>>
>>322283593
you can still download all the old versions

if beta was really the best, why aren't people playing it?
>>
World gen is SHIT now, even with all the new biomes. It's too samey. When you enter an area, you know exactly what to expect. You will never find a crazy huge floating mountain in a forest or ice biome, like you could in beta.

There's way to many features that will be used once by people and forgotten about because instead of optimizing this bloated piece of fuck the devs just shovel more shit onto it.

Best was beta 1.7.3
>>
>>322288626
Because in essence it is still Minecraft.
>>
>>322288448
That's why I don't like it now. When it was first implemented you could just slaughter cows and pigs as you wandered around and that'd be enough to sustain you till you got a place to build a wheat farm.
I liked it like that, it gave you an actual reason to value food and made it less annoying to carry around since it could be stacked now. I remember cooking pork being more bother than it was worth since you could only stick one piece in the furnace at once.

But really if you hated it when it was new you'd have an aneurysm at how fast it drains now. I think it's at least twice now they've increased the speed that hunger saturation decreases.
Even worse was that it goes down even faster when you're regenerating health.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-02+at+03.01.03).jpg (343KB, 1625x918px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-02+at+03.01.03).jpg
343KB, 1625x918px
>>
beta 1.7.3 was the best by far.
>>
i think before the halloween update when it was in beta. truthfully i dunno but i had a server with some friends back then and i have comfy memories playing back then
>>
File: guerilla_s.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
guerilla_s.webm
2MB, 640x360px
I didn't really care about specific versions.
I'd say the ones that supported the mods I was interested in at the time.
>>
>>322283593
My favorite versions were the last Alpha version before the first Halloween update and whatever pre-release version of 1.8 had the suavebaby seed.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.