[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best FPS ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Timesplitters2.jpg (25KB, 284x399px) Image search: [Google]
Timesplitters2.jpg
25KB, 284x399px
Is this the best FPS ever?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Nope
>>
File: 135414818599.jpg (5KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
135414818599.jpg
5KB, 251x251px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhZpNMn842k
>>
>>322283513

I heard TS2 was great so I bought TS1 and TS2 since I always play in release order.

TS1 was pretty shit. Was I wrong to go by release order? I have no desire to even try TS2 now, it's just sitting in my backlog.
>>
>>322283513
its tied with Perfect Dark and Half Life 1
>>
File: 1448709572823.png (31KB, 882x944px) Image search: [Google]
1448709572823.png
31KB, 882x944px
>>322283513
>TS2 and T:FP will never come out on pc
>>
>>322283842
ts2 is more adapted to casualfags like yourself. You might like it more
>>
>>322283842
fuck off
>>
>>322284143
At least we got the Crysis games... r-right?
>>
>>322283513
I would say no, but its among them. And Timesplitters in general is probably the best console FPS.

>>322283842
1 didn't have it down just yet, the multiplayer was fantastic, but the single player didn't have much of a clear idea of how to use everything yet. But I spent many hours making levels for friends and playing crazy matches together.
>>
>>322283513
Best console FPS, almost certainly. It's a shame what happened to Free Radical.
>>
>>322284637
>There will never be a Yooka-Laylee equivilent to Perfect Dark
>>
>>322284147

TS1 is shit though. I want you to defend TS1 and only TS1 right now.

>you are casual because you didn't like my favorite game

Kill yourself.

>>322284306

Did I hit a nerve or something faggot? Fucking touchy little cunt.

>>322284532

Yeah I liked the multiplayer of TS2, played it at a mates was fun as fuck. That's why I bought TS1 and TS2 afterwards but as you say, TS1's singleplayer was barebones as fuck and I just didn't feel like playing TS2 afterwards.

Mind you this was fucking years ago. I've had TS2 sitting in my backlog for nearly a decade now. So TS2 improved on the SP mode?
>>
>>322284143
Least Rewind might actually get somewhere.
>>
Future Perfect's story mode is so fucking good.

Jo-Beth is my waifu.
>>
>>322285303
Re-what?
>>
>>322285627
Remember dont look down!
>>
>>322285651
Are you joking?
>>
>>322285236
Learn to read. I didnt say its my favorite game. Ts2 is the best TS game.
S1 is just faster, simpler, and has some interesting maps and characters that arent in the other games. the "story" mode is really challenging a
>>
>>322285627
The haunted manor mission is the only good one, I don't understand how people can find FP better than 2 when it is objectively worse in almost all aspects.

Other than that, to reply to OP, it's probably not the best FPS of all time, but it is hands down the best console FPS.
>>
Only plebs that grew up on Halo think otherwise.
>>
Time Splitters 2 would be amazingly fun on PC online. The co-op story bred some of my favorite memories of video games with friends.

I still remember roleplaying and threatening to shoot the rope holding some damsel in distress in the church level. After a minute or so, I actually shot at it, the rope snaps because of it, and we were left in awe of the detail they put into the game.
>>
>>322285236
I really enjoyed TS2's single player mode. each level is connected to the main plot by the Time Crystals, but they all have their own stories as well.

The objectives are very similar to Goldeneye or Perfect Dark. My favorite aspect has to be the changes when you play on higher difficulty.

Playing the levels on the hardest difficulty doesn't just give you more objectives and harder enemies, but it literally opens up parts of each map you couldn't access in easier difficulties.

When you finish the story mode, you still have a ton of challenges to complete, as well as the Arcade League and, of course, Arcade Custom.

And then there's Map Editor, and that's a whole different kind of fun right there.

So I say give it a shot. If you like goofy humor and variety in characters and locations, as well as Goldeneye-esque mission setup, then you will have a blast with TS2.
>>
2 had better levels (definitely used the Time Travel aspect well)

FP had a story, unfortunately, most of the levels weren't very TRAVEL IN TIME. it was mostly visiting enemy fortresses underground or in the Future. Lacks stuff like Wild West, or Notre Dame, but at least we got a humorous story out of it.
>>
>>322285236
Well TS1 isn't shit. It did a lot of good things. It was around the time of Halo 1.

And while Halo was cutting down weapon types and maps, TS1 had a shit load of good maps, a map maker, tons of game modes, and 60 different weapons that were all pretty different. And playing with 4 friends and 8 bots was a complete frenzy of awesome. If only PS2/GCN had good internet the industry may have followed this instead.

TS1 is the first one I can think of to use twin sticks as well, magazines actually complained about it at the time as being too hard.

TS2 was better though and Future Perfect in terms of single player since you actually got a character to follow to try and make sense of it. But I never minded that it was a flimsy excuse to mash up every iconic gun and future weapons into one game.

So yea it improves on SP a lot since you have a funny character to follow.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.