[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game of the year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: goty.jpg (621KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
goty.jpg
621KB, 1280x720px
We had a GOTY thread before, but it lacked a lot of well-liked entries.
So, what's your GOTY, /v/?
http://strawpoll.me/6423969
>>
>>322264340

Monster Hunter. Best combat in a game period. Great difficulty and learning curve. great visual designs all around and great animations. Who gives a fuck about story when the game itself is this much fun.
>>
>>322264575
Monster Hunter is my third favorite game of the year. Right after The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne. I can see where you are coming from though.
>>
>>322264761
I wish I could play bloodborne, but besides that, there is still no reason for me to get a PS4 (hopefully in the next 2 years, the cool shit they've promised comes out and is actually good). Witcher 3 was fun, and some great moments, but it just couldn't pull me in the way "constantly getting better and better at monster hunter" did.
>>
The Witcher 3

Also Yakuza 5 as a very close runner up though.
>>
>>322265698
Not the anon you were talking to, but I really hope that PS4 will deliver in 2016. I got the console to play with friends, and it's done that well enough.
But I really want some great games in the vein of PS2's golden age.
>>
>>322264340
bloodborne. its literally 10/10
>>
>>322266997
>5fps
>10/10
>>
>>322264340
The game I spent the most time with this year is the Black Ops 3 multiplayer. Very refined, tons of content and a great movement system kept me coming back. To be fair I played it for PC and have not played TW3 or Bloodborne
>>
>>322267041
fuck off pcuck
>>
Unless I'm mistaken, the only games clearly released last year are year are Attila: Total War, The Witcher 3 and Conquest of Elysium 4, as most games I play are either old or still being updated (for example, NetHack received a new update this year, making it almost three decades old by now).

The Witcher 3 deserves a lot of credit on many regards (like really nice environments and it's thematically a very much unapologetic game that's not afraid of throwing a dozen book characters at you or dealing with harsh themes) but I think the actual game design is actually quite appalling (I feel even some of the most key designs like it being open world are unpurposeful) and it's not the kind of game I'd care to play now that I finished it once.

Conquest of Elysium, well, what do you expect? It's "Dominions light" and next to its in many ways similar wargame brother, I consider it a good coffeebreak style of game (while Dominions is mostly played in play-by-e-mail format and is ill-suited to single player). CoE4 has some neat things like new Pratchett-esque unit descriptions but I'd feel silly nominating it as my favourite of the year, even if there's just three candidates.

I barely paid any notice to Attila after terrible launch of Rome 2 but since it received a native Linux version 3 weeks ago, I decided to give it a try and while I think it falls way short of Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai in particular in terms of polish and general quality and doesn't hold any candle to Medieval 2 in terms of available mods, it has done away with many of Rome 2's greatest problems (like the utterly meaningless faction system, it's actually kinda neat in Attila) or executed them such that they aren't completely annoying. I've played it for 66 hours now and while I don't think that's enough for a complete judgement, I definitely want to play at least a game or two with the main campaign and maybe try Age of Charlemagne and I think that's enough to justify it as my favourite.
>>
File: 1444424276664.gif (1KB, 127x133px) Image search: [Google]
1444424276664.gif
1KB, 127x133px
Ori and the Blind Forest, obviously
>>
STOP TROLLING AND VOTING FOR UNDERTALE
REEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.