[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did you lie to me /v/? This game is amazing. The translation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: ffxii.jpg (134KB, 539x681px) Image search: [Google]
ffxii.jpg
134KB, 539x681px
Why did you lie to me /v/?

This game is amazing.

The translation and voice acting are probably the best I've ever seen in a jrpg, as well as the world-building and story.

The combat isn't that bad, it's kind of like kotor with a lot of customization for the ai.
>>
>he just figured out /v/ has shit taste
>>
>>322251089
Also ended up being one of my favorite games although I can see why lots of people say it is shit, the first 5 hours are dry and leave a bad impression. People in general won't give games a chance after 5 hours so everyone just assumes it's terrible.
I highly recommend doing more playthroughs after your first, the world is very open and exploitable in a really enjoyable way.
>>
>>322251089
I liked it. It was probably way too different from other FF games for some fans to be comfortable with.

I'm in the process of grinding Vaan to level 99 at the start of the game, after Vayne's speech but before meeting old Dalan. I'm up to level 48 with the burning bow, winged helm and travelers vest, grinding Dive Talons till the end of time. Taking it a couple hours a day not to tire myself out.
>>
>>322252345
I enjoyed it just felt like vaan and penelo were useless characters. Should of upped the party limit to 4 and just had it basch, fran, baltheir and ashelia.
>>
Problem with this one, is the MC feels anything, but the MC. It's about them sky pirates, Ashe, and the whole political shit. (( Of which I found myself getting lost/not caring about really ))
>>
XII was only disliked by people who wanted another linear cutscene game like X. Those people got XIII, exactly what they asked for.
>>
>>322252921
This.
>>
I liked it as well. It's just most people rage about the auto-battle system. You can just walk around without doing a thing and let the A.I do the battles for you.
>>
>>322252921
That was actually the original concept for the game, a single party of four characters that you had control of at all time, but performance problems led to them having to reduce it to three characters. Whenever you get a guest and start buffing up the game really starts to chug, I can only imagine that it would have played at 5-10fps with five party members and full buffs.
Of course, once you have a party of three, you end up with one bench-sitter, so they added in two more characters later on in development, Vaan and Penelo. They figured they'd be more relatable for the players as well, since grizzled old Basch isn't exactly your typical JRPG lead stereotype in Japan.
>>
>>322252951
That's your own fault for labeling Vaan as the main character in the first place when he's never portrayed as one, even with you controlling him in town
>>
>>322253084
>linear
there is this meme again
>>
>>322251089
>/v/ is one person
Alright, I'll bite. Fuck off, m8. And there are threads about the game EVERY. FUCKING. DAY.
>>
>>322254575
X was very slightly less linear than XIII.
Sure it had some fun diversions along the way: blitzball, the chocobo thing, that monster catching thing, various collectibles and such, but you couldn't freely explore the world until you were pretty much 97% of the way through the game, just like XIII. Both games unlock most of the content right before the final boss rush.
In comparison, you can get end-game equipment and several Espers in XII long before the game ever expects you to do so. Some of the older FF games with overworld maps also let you go off the beaten path and get in trouble long before the game's end.
>>
>>322251089
Waiting for the PC port.
>>
>>322256505
Just play it on emulator. Runs perfectly on PCSX2 and you can run it at whatever crazy resolution you wish. The graphics hold up amazingly well, although pop-in is more noticeable at HD resolutions. Also Vaan's abs.
>>
I managed to play maybe 25 hours, it was so dull. I don't even remember anything about the story.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.