[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been almost 9 years. What is /v/'s opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (31KB, 250x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 250x315px
It's been almost 9 years.

What is /v/'s opinion on this game now?
>>
It's alright, franchise as a whole is shit
>>
>>322243931
I heard 2 is the best but I can't really be bothered to find out.
>>
Mediocre game that struck a chord with casuals because of muh historical illuminati religious symbolism
>>
>>322243931

Pretty great as a starting point, its really too bad they made it annual and shit them out as fast as they can. If they would have taken care with that IP it would be as successful as GTA.
>>
>>322243931
Still the only one I've actually replayed and my favourite, although I accept 2 is better.

I blew my load coming over the hill to Damascus for the first time back in 2007.
>>
>>322243931
>"Hey guys lets make a game about a kid and his past and how his entire past changed history"
>"Only if that franchise can be mainly for assassins"
>"DEAL!!!"
>Years later now all the new games are about pirates turning into assassins
>In other words fucked up story line
>>
>>322243931
Ass1 was a buggy mess, played on pc.
2 was great, brotherhood and black flag are the only 2 to add anything new to the series. I have enjoued the franchise as a whole.
>>
Felt like a cool, but unfinished tech demo. AC2 fleshed it out into a good game.
>>
First one was alright, fuck beggars, 2nd was aight, flying around Italy that one time was fun. 4 was the best, rogue is 4 with better boats and a shittier protag and story. Syndicate was fun for five minutes and then was just super boring and samey. I don't like the future plot, or the assassins V Templars good and evil shit anymore. Just give me an open world with lots of tools,a map with out markers and tell me who to kill and let me find and kill them however I want with a skill tree built for assassination instead of being a one man army
>>
>>322243931
Left-pandering SJW bullshit.
>>
File: 1451316382911.jpg (104KB, 600x1373px) Image search: [Google]
1451316382911.jpg
104KB, 600x1373px
>>322244930
Really? You sound like such a tryhard faggot.
>>
>>322244386
I don't mind the franchise as a whole, individual games are pretty alright, but it's desperately milked for the cash cow it is now. They aren't very good games though, their open worlds have nothing going on, and only exists to get to the next place, and combat is counter counter counter.

I've only played 1 and half of brotherhood though, and tried a few of the others. I hear 2 is really the best though, should I try that at least?
>>
>>322244930
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>322245036
Yeah, 2 is ok. Just stay the fuck away from 3.
>>
>>322245036
2 and Brotherhood are basically the same.
>>
>>322245242
>brother bought 3 for our PS3 one day for no reason

I'll probably play it at some point, since I have it. Or is it so bad that I really really shouldn't even touch it?
>>
>>322245505
Its playable. But the templar story line is more imteresting than the main character's story.
>>
>>322245505
You might as well since you already have it. Let's just say that the only thing they did right in my opinion is the attack animations that feel pretty nice. And the music I guess. Everything else is either bad or really mediocre.
>>
File: 1394549755413.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1394549755413.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
>mfw every single time I got a new piece of equipment I thought "This time, surely, it will be the crossbow."
>more knives
>>
>>322245845
the boat stuff is okay right? that's why 4 was even a thing, wasn't it?

>>322245781
I've heard that, and I can kinda see it. I think Connor is okay I suppose, but nothing great.
>>
File: yMDLvRe.png (287KB, 1438x802px) Image search: [Google]
yMDLvRe.png
287KB, 1438x802px
>>322245031
>>322245157
>>
>>322243931
ac1 is where the series should have ended
>>
>>322245036
4's the best.
Come on Ubi, make a fucking pirate series already
>>
>>322247037
>not posting the syndicate version
>>
>>322246735
>the boat stuff is okay right? that's why 4 was even a thing, wasn't it?
Yeah pretty much. I suppose the boat stuff is alright, I just never really cared about it so I usually don't remember it. I was never a big fan of pirates so I didn't get 4.
>>
>>322244606
>Universally Considered Best Tier
AC2, Brotherhood, AC4

>Cheap Fun Tier
Revelations, Rogue, Syndicate

>Shit Tier
AC3

>Playable Beta Tier
AC1

>Unity Tier
Unity
>>
>>322247216
OP is talking about the first game
>>
>>322246162
Why did they cut that from the game anyway?

Putting it's top-tier kill animations aside, a crossbow would've been a hell of a lot more useful than the short sword.
>>
>>322243931
Pretty good game. Revolutionary too.
>>
>>322247403
Because of historical accuracy

Hillarious I know
>>
File: 1410144873796.jpg (90KB, 486x469px) Image search: [Google]
1410144873796.jpg
90KB, 486x469px
>>322243931
The first game had the best premise and setup. I was really excited about the trilogy, but look what happened.
>>
>>322243931
Amazes me how far has the franchise (especially syndicate) has strayed from the original idea behind this game.
>>
>>322247327
True enough. I understand that message for AC1 and 2/Brotherhood/Revelations just because I assume they were afraid of the backlash against games where you kill priests, brown people, etc.

But I don't get why it's in AC3 onwards. I mean, who's going to get offended by the American Revolution or fucking pirates?
>>
Its basically a tech demo. I remember liking it when it came out and I would defend it, mostly because it felt kinda innovative at the time, an historical open world game with pretty parkour, although its still repetive as fuck.

Gonna bet ubisoft is gonna remake it when the AC well is running dry. Which is about 5 years tops
>>
>>322247761
It's a tradition now. Well it was until Syndicate.
>>
>>322247887
I actually wouldn't mind them remaking the game at all, so long as it'd be remade with Unity's engine as well as most mechanics.

Unity was seriously more Ass Creed than AC1 was. At least as far as the general idea and gameplay is concerned.
>>
>>322243931

The first game had the best concept and best main character. Revelations ruined both and the franchise at the same time.
>>
Series peaked with brotherhood
But AC4 was still great
>>
>>322243931
Still boring as fuck
>>
Shit
>>
>>322248057
I actually really hate the free-running in Unity/Syndicate. I like the CONCEPT of the Up/Down deal but the execution is even worse than the AC3-era games. I find moving around on everything really awkward because I'm just trying to run and I'm commando rolling over palettes or jumping over a table inadvertently like my character is autistic.

There's not even any climbing anymore. You just hold R2 or whatever and point at a wall and the character hops from window frame to window frame or throws himself past what you were aiming for when moving to the side.

There was really nothing wrong with the Ezio era free running and having to find a path up some gargantuan structure was more enjoyable I think.
>>
>>322243931
It's mediocre, but the best game of an awful franchise

Despite the repetitive preparation missions, it at least made you feel like you were planning out an assassination.

I haven't played LONDON or FRANCE, but i'm pretty sure this is also the only game where you couldn't effortlessly cheese your way out of combat with thousands of redundant gadgets
>>
>>322250856
The new parkour is actually extremely fluid and fun once you get used to it. Only thing I find bad with it is that the buildings have FAR too many anchor points so that you can literally climb up a nearly flat wall which is unrealistic and stupid as hell.
>>
>>322250856
>>322251418
Syndicate has really smoothed it out. It was pretty awful in Unity.
>>
>>322251269
>the only game were you couldn't cheese your way out of combat

Pretty much.

Counters required timing, each weapon had varying wind-up times and you had elite guards who could counter your attacks and dish out a lot of hurt in return.

AC2 is where the combat became "mash the counter button to win", and it's one of the reasons why I don't like AC2 as much as 1.
>>
>>322251269
Yeah you're an idiot.
>>
>>322251853
Actually the patch for Unity smoothed it out too. IMO Unity post patch had a better parkouring than Syndicate, although Syndicate does it really well.

>>322251269
Unity made combat FAR harder so it really went back to the AC1 idea, if not beyond it.
>>
>>322252239
>harder
you mean artificially harder
it's still the same combat its always been
>>
>>322253009
It's not the same at all. It was changed a lot.

Unity was honestly the first AC game where I actually used the equipment and preferred stealth and avoiding the actual fight. Not to mention how this changed the gameplay to actually make you plan your approach.

Too bad Syndicate threw it out of the window with it's laughable difficulty.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.