[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout 4 was far better than I thought it would be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: latest.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
So did this game not dissapoint for anyone else?

I'm a huge Fallout fan. I loved Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas. I thought Fallout 3 was total shit looking back at it.

Fallout 4 was looking to be a huge dissapointment for me, I thought it was literally going to be Skyrim with guns but it turned out much better than Skyrim and way surpassed my expectations.

>NO FUCKING ENCLAVE
>Brotherhood still exist but they're more true to their original selves and look more like a technological dictatorship as opposed to white knights of the wasteland. They even insult their previous counterparts. And you blow them the fuck up In all 3 other endings.
>Lore that makes sense this time, especially after Old World Blues you see how the techonolgical prowess of The Institute is feasable
>Aesthetically it looks amazing, the colours and the atmosphere of boston is really great to look at
>Actually made a new step in the Fallout series and how it tells stories, voiced protagonist worked well, didn't just harp back to the originals confusingly like Fallout 3 and actually established a new setting like New Vegas
>Added 4 factions to join which all made convincing arguments, you can work for all of them before a certain point in the game but you have to choose a side

There are a few gripes >settlement building is largely pointless, should have stuck with Sanctuary being the only settlement imo
>Radiant questing is a hassle and is very Skyrim like, which is a negative because it replaced proper questing also causes you to level too fast
>Level cap should have been 50
>Infinite enemies isn't fun
>The other factions in the game like the Gunners and Atom Cats for example should have got more time

Thoughts?
>>
It's shit
>>
Nice blog post.
>>
>>322237163
Thank you.
>>
It's the best fallout for one playthrough but shit aftewards
>>
>>322237058
I keep thinking it's that reveal picture of GTAV, where Michael is standing, except Fallout man is shopped in.
>>
>>322237058
Did anyone notice that the Brotherhood was really cringey this time around?
>I WILL GLADLY SPILL MINE OWN BLOOD, BROTHER, FOR THE PEOPLE OF THE COMMONWEALTH
There didn't seem to be one genuine person there, they all spoke like they were fed lines.

So I blew their up their fucking hot air balloon
>>
File: 1436811729084.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1436811729084.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>322237058
>Lore that makes sense
>>
Dreadful, only fallout game I didn't finish.
>>
>>322237609
More like for the first 3 hours of one playthrough
>>
I disagree, I think fallout 4 is todds worst game yet
>>
>>322237058
>glowing sea wasn't a bay full of radioactive jellyfish
It went down hill from there
>>
>>322237058

It's shit. And your blogpost is not even funny.
>>
Gameplay was a huge leap forward, i liked how radiation worked, how crits worked (since i sort of hate RNG crits), and weapon item modding interesting, but the game is pretty easy and there's a lack of good story.

Exploration is that bad, and there's replayablity on that part since I found out there's different ways to approach areas, like that moment with the raiders faking for help at the paint shop, you can go through the backdoor.
>>
>>322237819
The Brotherhoods vertibirds kept getting shot down every time I saw them.

That was when I knew they were pointless.
>>
>>322237058
TLDR: it doesn't have replay value. You'll get tired of it by your first play through of you take your time and do side quests.
>>
>>322238675
Yeah, they were pretty incompetent this time around.

Especially compared to a squad of Synths. Those guys demolished whatever stood in their way.
>>
>200 years after the bombs
>people still can't build a roof over their houses

instant trash
>>
>Level 70
>literally explored every inch of the Commonwealth aside from Glowing Sea
>only quest left besides radiant shit is to find Virgil
>lose all will to continue

I'm standing on the edge of the Glowing Sea in a full suit of X-01 Power Armor. Convince me to take the plunge
>>
>>322240592
To finish up the game and be finally done with it
And the actually getting to see the institute is pretty cool as well
>>
I liked it, it was fun. Just finished my first play through and starting again. Fuck what /v/ thinks, if you're having fun, that's all that matters.
>>
>>322241615
Why would you start another one so soon?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.