[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SQUAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: squadlogo_black_hires.png (15KB, 422x187px) Image search: [Google]
squadlogo_black_hires.png
15KB, 422x187px
So were any of you people hyped/hopeful enough to buy into the Squad early access?

I've been having a lot of fun even with the bare bones pre-alpha. Devs are making nice-sounding promises but I'm still kinda wary if they can keep up with them.
>>
>>322225613
>hyped/hopeful enough to buy into the Squad early access?
Not for 50 dollary doos I wasn't. I'm not even going to look in it's general direction until it costs $15.00 max.
>>
>early access
>EVER

no
>>
>>322225613
I bought it and the thing I'm scared about are the vehicles that are going to be introduced.

Primarily, I don't mind jeeps, troop transports, trucks, these can be target by everyone and won't be any trouble to destroy. However, project reality has taught me large-scale vehicle options can lead to absolute misery.

for example, if we have tanks, or helis we will just have 2km snipe fest into insurgent compounds, and because you haven't got any weapons to deal with it yourself you have to rely on that retard that took the anti tank option and fails to actually do his role. In any case, the one that trys and do his job finds it almost impossible because the enemy tank is 2km away and snipes/runs as soon as he so much as sees a thermal dot on the horizon.

Therefore, I only want vehicles that can be targetable and destroyable by the majority of rifleman on the field
>>
Nope, just looks like a shitty, overpriced Insurgency and ARMA hybrid. I already own both of those, so what would be the point?
>>
>>322225982
Insurgency is run and gun whilst Arma is a walking simulator.
>>
>>322225982
I think it can actually become the golden middle road I've been waiting for at least.

At the current state the game is very unoptimized and obviously still in development.
Not saying it's not worth the money though. bought it a week ago and now I have 70 hours on it already.
>>
>>322225970
I'm guessing they'll add dedicated AT infanry and add more infantry with normal RPGs
>>
>>322225982
ARMA is bore walking simulator central
Insurgency is no vehicles

PR Is actually fun
>>
>>322225970
tanks can be a pain in the asymmetric game modes, but PR handled this well by giving insurgents basicly infinite RPGs and these modes never were about tickets for the insurgents.
Otherwise it comes down to teamwork, like telling your tank squad where the enemy tank is.
>>
>bare bones pre-alpha

Lol at you for assuming it will be something more than that. They will add few vehicles and guns and that's it. The game won't become any bigger or feature-packed. This is the game.
>>
>>322225613
>2016
>still getting duped by early access
>>
>>322225613
>early access

Get that baloney outa here and dont come back till it's a finished game
>>
>>322229034
I swore to myself that I wouldn't do it anymore but once again here I am playing early access game again.
For now I'm having fun with the game as it is but yeah I'd be disappointed if they would stop the development.
>>
>>322229034
>>322229132
>>322225837
>>322228776
kek
>>
>>322230082
great arguments bro
>>
>>322225970
Insurgency maps rarely have more than 2 blufor tanks on the field, and most of the time the maps are condusive towards defending. You've got LAT, HAT, SPG deployable, SPG techie, as well as IED and anti-tank grenades. Besides all this you have unlimited lives. If you and a few more people are seriously having trouble getting a tank with most of those weapons available, then gitgud.
>>
>>322230082
Damn. Now I have to buy it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.