[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played Mount & Blade. Is it too late to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: header.jpg (52KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
52KB, 460x215px
I've never played Mount & Blade. Is it too late to start this game as a brand new player to the franchise?
>>
Why would it be too late? It's a great game with even better mods.
>>
>>322219161
It's a great time to get into it now that it's like 3 bucks
>>
It's one of the best games I've ever played. Go for it, op but don't bother with the other titles though, Warband is the only good one.
>>
>>322219161
say goodbye to your freetime if you find it entertaining
>>
>>322219161
Do you intend to play mainly multiplayer?
There you will get slaughtered as a newbie, but besides that the game is a nice singleplayer sandbox. Its never to late to play that.
Play the vanilla warband on easy first to understand how the game works, then check the different mods like game of thrones etc
>>
>>322219520
>There you will get slaughtered as a newbie
Every multiplayer game ever...or maybe I'm just shit.
>>
>>322219161
I just got done playing it for 12 hours
It's good
Don't get it
>>
>>322219161
Warband is one of the best games ever created, you'll love it.
>>
>>322219350
false. Napoleon expansion is pretty great, though only for multiplayer.
>>
Bannerlord will literally never come out
>>
>>322219648
>Don't get it
Why
>>
>>322219717
Napoleon is still warband
>>
File: KellySlater.jpg (52KB, 460x464px) Image search: [Google]
KellySlater.jpg
52KB, 460x464px
If you don't buy it now I will literally kill you in real life, OP.
>>
>>322220084
It is the ultimate procrastination tool.

Never once in my 100 hours of playing the game have I said "you know I think I've reached a good stopping point." I always wanted to keep playing, because it's addictive, there's no encouragement to stop, it's fast, but at the same time it takes forever.
>>
File: 1436925343939.jpg (19KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
1436925343939.jpg
19KB, 636x358px
>>322219161
Lol I was just about to post this thread.

Will I ever see the skyface glitch?
>>
Lmao, don't get this shit.
I just bought and sinked 7 hours already.
It's one of those games that sucks all your time away.
Unless you're a NEET, get it, otherwise, don't. It's too fucking addicting and I'm actually typing this post with the game alt-tabbed.
>>
>>322219161
Bannerlord won't be coming out for some time so you aren't too late, although you're a little late as far as multiplayer goes.
>>
>>322220484
>>322220818
you fags haven't even taken over all of calradia yet without cheating, I'm jealous.

although when you get towards the end the game does seem lonely when there's only 2-3 nations left
>>
>>322220936
Taking over Calradia is pretty much the most boring thing in video game history ever.
>>
>>322220968
It goes pretty quick once you get 10-15 good natured lords on your side, you can just auto-calc every siege while on campaign and wreck the whole map in no time.
>>
File: 1426023870330.png (426KB, 997x781px) Image search: [Google]
1426023870330.png
426KB, 997x781px
>want to get this game because curious about all the hype
>massive backlog of games already, a timesink is the last thing I need right now

PC gaming is suffering.
>>
>>322220968

I never understood why people bother with that shit

All you get is two lines of text and a generic image you already saw a thousand times for your "archievement"

I personally could only siege the damn near identical castles with one single tiny siege ladder so many times until it got a little bit dull.

Field battles with the uncapped unit limit mod is where the game really shines.
>>
>>322221216
Suffer more, weeb.
>>
File: 1442885919668.png (2MB, 800x810px) Image search: [Google]
1442885919668.png
2MB, 800x810px
>Series started a guy and his wife who just wanted to make games
>Becomes a huge success

One of the few feel-good developer stories that hasn't been ruined yet
>>
>>322221216
Just buy the game now
I don't think it'll ever go 85% off again in a long time
>>
>>322221743
Why wouldn't it?
>>
>>322221846
just a feeling
I've always seen this game 75 or 66 off, but this is my first time witnessing a 85 sale so yeah i just assume this is a rare occasion
What's the harm of purchasing it now
>>
File: 1449877347146.jpg (145KB, 586x820px) Image search: [Google]
1449877347146.jpg
145KB, 586x820px
>>322219161
>never played mount and blade

castrate yourself immedietly
>>
>>322222069
I don't think I've seen it over $2.
>>
If you fags are seriously going to squabble over a few dollars why would you not just pirate it?
>>
>>322222069
The temptation of wanting to play it while actually having it. I want to get over with my backlog in 2016 instead of spending 1000 hours on a single game.
>>
>>322219161
No, considering bannerlord will be out after half life 3 is at this rate
>>
>>322219569
Some games are easier to learn than others. Some genres and mechanics are established.
I assume if you are good in cs, you won`t be terrible in other shooters for example.
>>
>>322219161
Viking conquest is where it's at.
>better balanced weapons
>better maps
>better troops
>way better aesthetics
>armor and weaponry is more diverse
>factions are more interesting
>better quests
>more to do
>has a zombies/horde mode

Mount and blade warband Viking conquest is the best expansion.
It's simply better in every way, without losing the feel of warband itself.

The only qualm I have about it, and there is only one.
The Irish caurs can have 24 javelins, now imagine a lord fielding an army of caurs, and you get nailed by 30 javelins.
The only way to counter it is to move up behind your men in a shield wall.

The games factions are far better than the original warband factions
>Norse
Armored tanks with low damage
>Irish
Hit like trucks but lack quality armor
>Saxons
Decent damage decent armor (I've seen Saxons do well against any enemy)
>Angles
High quality weapons decent armor (a lot like the Saxons, a good Angle team can take on anyone)
>Picts
Very Low armor, extremely high mobility, decent damage. (A naked pict with a spear can just out maneuver a Norse Huskarl covered in fully body mail)
>Britons
Excellent weapons, decent armor. (Above the Saxons beneath the Angles)
A good Briton team is unbreakable though.
>Frisians
Horsemen

Single player is incredible, and demands strategy, battles are huge 750 men, sometimes 1,500 vs 1,500.
Shield walls, masses of archers, cavalry charges like you wouldn't believe, Frankish knights clad in mail just demolishing Viking shield walls.

Multiplayer is skill based way more than the vanilla game.
Each faction can dominate all the others if played by good players who use teamwork. Norse shield walls, Irish charges, Pictish swarms.

No faction is too overpowering, some are preferable for lower skilled players though such for instance the Norse because they have high quality armor, but once you get the hang of it you'll prefer a highly mobile 0 armor pict. Or perhaps a mix between the two.
>>
>>322219161

Get Warband. It's primarily a single player game, you'll sink a lot of time into it if you like it.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.