[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Casual filter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: doomrl.png (6KB, 490x301px) Image search: [Google]
doomrl.png
6KB, 490x301px
It is heresy to flinch at the mere sight of ASCII.

Have you even so much as played any of the Big 5 (Rogue | Hack | Moria | Larn | Omega) or their derivatives (ADOM | Angband | Crawl | NetHack | ToME)?

I bet most of the casuals that go to /v/ haven't even heard of roguelikes until just now.
>>
>>322209308
>Big 5 (Rogue | Hack | Moria | Larn | Omega) or their derivatives (ADOM | Angband | Crawl | NetHack | ToME)?
Yes, no, Yes, Yes.
Yes, Yes(Zangband), Yes, Yes and Yes.
Mostly ADOM, ZAngband and Crawl, but yeah. I prefer ASCII grapix over pixels and tiles and shit.
>>
File: google.png (221KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
google.png
221KB, 800x600px
>>322209459
People that play Roguelikes or Hacklikes with tilesets should be shot.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY @?
>>
File: 1450740902358.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1450740902358.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>322209308
good book is better.
>>
I beat Nethack with a tileset
>>
File: fountain.jpg (10KB, 256x273px) Image search: [Google]
fountain.jpg
10KB, 256x273px
Every single time I run into a fountain I dip a disposable item and hope to get a wish from it.
>>
>>322209545
I don't mind games like Exile, which use tileset in their original form, but all those faggets who can't into @ are very strange to me.

I also love C:DDA

I also wish I could code, and not be a fagget about it. Would make a RL myself.
>>
Played that shit before graphics got invented, but come on, it's 2016!
>>
>>322209676
RL don't need any graphics at all. Really. I don't see a point in it.
>>
Brouge is the only rougelike that makes ASCII look good.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>322209676
>it's 2016!
Fuck, do I need to become even more progressive now?
>>
>>322209671
>>322209676
Did you play using yuhjklbn at least?
>>
>>322209786
I think Caves of Qud had coloured text as well.
>>
>>322209308
>I bet most of the casuals that go to /v/ haven't even heard of roguelikes until just now.
You do realize "roguelike" is the current buzzword of the indie scene, right? One that gets a lot of flak on /v/ simply because most advertised "roguelikes" tend to be nothing like Rogue.

As for most of /v/ having not played Rogue, that isn't a hard guess, considering most people haven't played it. That's like being asspained that someone hasn't played a CRTAD. And I bet you haven't, faggot.
>>
>>322210508
I played Zork at least.
>>
>>322210617
Did you like it?
>>
>>322210931
No.
>>
File: happy black guy.webm (344KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
happy black guy.webm
344KB, 640x480px
>>322210957
At least I know you're telling the truth.
>>
there seems to be a distinctive lack of dorf in this thread
>>
I play Stone Soup with tileset.
I have no idea what I'm doing and have barely scratched the surface.
>>
i enjoy ascii even though i've only played dorf and nethack.
i think i'll play rouge.
>>
>>322211061
dorf fort, for all that it actually is, is not a roguelike in any way.
>>
>>322211338
adventure mode is though, actually a pretty entertaining one too with the ability to grapple body parts and shit
>>
>>322211338
>dorf fort, for all that it actually is, is not a roguelike in any way.
Not him, but Adventure mode.
>>
>>322209308
I've read into rogue and NetHack, and really wish I could enjoy them, but fuck me the ascii shits just too bad.
I even tried a tileset, but really, its like a less immersive tabletop game. I just don't find having to stretch my imagination that far to visualize whats going on fun. If I did, I'd play tabletop shit like DnD.

Same story for dwarf fortress.
>>
File: 7bf.gif (624KB, 638x294px) Image search: [Google]
7bf.gif
624KB, 638x294px
I agree its a casual filter and you probably play good games but I'd prefer my bullshit die at any moment fun but frustrating games to have more graphics.

>>322211061
That was my initial reaction upon seeing the OP image. However I took a few moments to read it and found that it was not me he was looking after.
>>
>>322209308
just because theyre the first doesnt make them any good by todays standards. i play plenty of roguelikes, have a roguelike folder on my desktop but i dont have the fucking 80s roguelikes on them
>>
>>322210931
I did. It was the only thing to do in school that wasn't obviously a game.
>>
>>322209812
How else would one play?
>>
>>322211696
That is all good and well, and your taste is your own. The man in OP was saying that those are the BIG FIVE, that's all. The forefathers, so to speak. Enjoy whatever you enjoy.
>>
>>322211231
Play MiBe, alternate between Tab and O, win.
>>
>>322211565
I can hear it in my head.
>>
one of these days I am going to learn dorf fortress in only ascii

my balls are not big enough yet, but damn it I will get there
>>
RANT TIME

I'VE BEEN PLAYING ADOM FOR 10 YEARS NOW (with admittable breaks)

I NEVER EVEN WENT INTO TOEF

I HAD A VERY PROMISING CHARACTER JUST NOW

GRAY ELF WIZARD, HAD ALL THE MORGIA, ALL THE SPELLS, JUST WRECKED THE SHIT OUT OF REHETEP

AND THEN I FUCKING MAGIC MISSILED MYSELF TO DEATH BECAUSE I FUCKED UP THE TRAJECTORY

I will never beat this game, anons.
>>
>>322209308
I've beaten Ivan if that counts.
>>
>>322213120
I honestly don't feel like it does but I'm sure many anons would disagree
>>
Should I only play Dwarf Fortress in ASCII?
>>
>>322215453
nah senpai play it however you want desu baka
>>
Anyone have that mummy challenge image for DCSS saved?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.