[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>JS: The stronghold never really got the content it needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: pillars of cuckiternity.jpg (33KB, 580x401px) Image search: [Google]
pillars of cuckiternity.jpg
33KB, 580x401px
>>JS: The stronghold never really got the content it needed to make it feel worthwhile or important. During development we realized that if we had someone focusing on stronghold content, it would jeopardize other quests that we felt were more valuable. That's why the stronghold wound up being system-heavy and content-light.

So instead of making something as good as BG2's stronghold's, Obsidian cheaped out AGAIN and underdelivered.

BRAVA CU-CK SAWYER

BRAVA

>boring world
>stupid lore (rich fantasy niggers. elder scrolls pls go)
>boring, unnatural dialog that just lore dumps at you
>boring companions (the priest guy seemed kind of interesting) that don't interact with the world like they did in Baldur's Gate 2
>don't know what kind of wacky tobacky they were smoking when they made the stats for the characters
>bland skills and spells makes combat boring
>trash mobs as far as the eye can see also you get no xp for killing them
>MMO style weapon design where nothing is unique like BG2 and instead are just FOUR STAM FOUR STRENGTH LEATHER BELT
>typically buggy Obsidian release
>no mod tools in sight

And now they're charging for - get this - Part 1 of an expansion pack. If a PCu-ck could explain why this is acceptable, I'd love to hear it.

Why did PCucks declare this game a savior of the genre, again?
>>
>>322171915
>no mod tools in sight
Anyone else wish someone would just make a NWN3 so we can all play custom maps with random bros. Maybe someone can even make a shitty moba map with DnD rules and custom classes.
>>
>>322171915
>Obsidian cheaped out AGAIN and underdelivered.
Wow I'm really shocked. This time they don't even have a big bad publisher to blame it on.
>>
>>322171915
Also,

>Wizards use Vancian magic, the worst magic system ever

>>322172515
I'd love it if someone made a game like NWN, with all the modding tools, but I'm hesitant to say I want it to be a D&D game because of the aforementioned magic system. I like D&D, but fuck that magic system.
>>
>>322171915
Anon, it's New Year. Can you give this copypasta a rest? You've been doing it for months now and it's somehow getting even more pathetic. Like, nigga, I'm trying to help you out. It ain't right to keep doing the same shit over and over without any reward.
>>
>>322175970

Sonycucks will always be eternally asshurt even into the new year

NEVER EVER
>>
>>322175391
I'd be fine with the Vancian magic if they had a resting system tied to resources. Like needing stocks of food to rest, but having an inventory system like NWN1 and Diablo. That way it wouldn't feel like you could just rest for free.
>>
File: kspoe.png (26KB, 648x929px) Image search: [Google]
kspoe.png
26KB, 648x929px
>>322176567
PoE is garbage.
>>
>>322176724
To me, that would make it even worse. Being able to rest all the time was the only thing that made being a spellcaster bearable. Otherwise, I'd be a caster who spent most of my time not casting. I'd rather they just threw out the whole system.

Though if you want that, apparently that's what Pillars of Eternity does. You can only rest if you have camping supplies, which get used up when you rest.
>>
>>322177256
Hence why PoE is shit. But having rest tied to easy unrestricted resource such as food would balance it out. The point is just to make resting not feel like cheating, but still be useful 100% of the time. Although they should change vancian magic to hourly instead of daily. That way you wouldn't be doing unimmersive shit like resting days inside a dungeon.
>>
>>322176567
Really nigga
>>
>>322178007
I don't know. That still feels like trying to mitigate the effects of a bad magic system rather than just making a better one. Inevitably you'd end up with so much of that resource that you might as well have unlimited rest anyway.
>>
>>322171915
Fuckk I wanted this game to be good. The sad part it didn't miss its mark by much. All they had to do was add more content and non shit companions. I would have gladly given them another year. God I fucking hate kikestarter.
>>
>>322178667
no kickstarter would mean no game at all. maybe, MAYBE they'll get it right on PoE2. not that we should hold our breath, of course.
>>
>>322178667
>add more content
The only thing they would have added is more flowery descriptions jerking themselves off over how amazing and unique their not D&D setting is.
>>
>>322171915
>And now they're charging for - get this - Part 1 of an expansion pack. If a PCu-ck could explain why this is acceptable
it's acceptable because you can get the whole game for free, Honestly my favorite companion was the grieving mother, bitch was alright
just like I did
>>
>>322171915
E-evil publishers!
>>
Pillars is good and the tears of OP only makes my enjoyment of this 8/10 game greater.
>>
Honestly PoE was a great game, it's not quite BG2 level but it is certainly as good if not better then Icewind Dale, which was a fine game.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.