[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they go back to 2D?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 19021_front.jpg (67KB, 640x913px) Image search: [Google]
19021_front.jpg
67KB, 640x913px
Why did they go back to 2D?
>>
>>322169545
because it works better.
>>
cuz it was better that way and everone knows it. what a stupid question tbqhf
>>
>>322169798
>>322169804
There is literally nothing wrong with 3D worms.
>>
Because 3D Worms would never be as good as World Party or Armageddon
>>
>>322170434
Nigga have you even played worms on the play station. 2d worms is the only good worms
>>
>>322169545
Worms fort under siege and Worms 4 happened.
And they killed everything with the terrible mix of 3D and 4 with ultimate mayhem
Team17 is just plain shit at this point
>>
>>322170575
>on the play station
I know the console ports exist, but dammit son
>>
>>322170896
It was really good. Are you 15
>>
>>322171342
No, 27, and I actually played the PS1 ports of 1, Armageddon and World Party first, but they are still pure PC games originally.
>>
I personally quite liked the 3d worms games.

It was good shit.
>>
>>322171342
>Are you 15

Nothing he said warranted the "Are you X age?" meme. Fucking newfags trying to fit in I swear.
>>
File: WizardTim.jpg (13KB, 350x220px) Image search: [Google]
WizardTim.jpg
13KB, 350x220px
Holy Hand Grenade best weapon

man i love that movie
>>
You'd think Team 17 would get better at making the same game over and over again instead of getting worse
>>
>>322173392
Youre not very good at reading lmao
>>
>>322173860
Best weapon was actually the banana bomb, used in a narrow cave, in Worms 1. The bomb was thrown by the worm headbutting it in a direction, but if there wasn't enough room above the worms head, then the bomb got stuck in the ceiling above, and all clusters exploded simultaneously.

It was suicidal, but in the case of the banana bomb it had damage potential against which there was no way to defend. Since it had 5 clusters and each cluster was worth the damage of a dynamite stick, it could do damage in excess of 400 points, the maximum allowed by the game.
>>
>>322173860
>>322175491
Worms 2 Ninja Rope + Cluster Bomb
>>
God Tier:
Worms World Party
Top Tier:
Worms 2, Worms Armageddon
Great Tier:
Worms
Good Tier:
Worms 4
Okay Tier:
Worms 3D
You Tried Tier:
Worms Revolution
Who gives a shit tier:
Everything else
>>
>>322174197
>lmao

simply ebin
>>
Reminder you can still play Worms 2 online with the Steam version and I think others.
>>
>>322176125
The most devastating weapon in Worms 2 was the uzi/minigun with all stats maxed in the weapons editor. That is, in the original Worms 2 release, where you could edit every property, including bullet count and spread.

If you maxed it out, it shot hundreds of bullets, each one doing a dynamite stick worth of explosion. It could clear a completely filled landscape in one go - that is, reduce it to rubble. The Armageddon option in later games didn't even come close.

>>322177247
Worms 1 Director's Cut is also god tier. It was Amiga only, I think, but it had a ton of weapons that later made it into Worms 2. And iirc it even had some that never made it into any other sequel.
>>
File: 1443745799561.jpg (34KB, 317x432px) Image search: [Google]
1443745799561.jpg
34KB, 317x432px
Why is this series still getting sequels? Does it make a lot of money in sales to justify it for going on for like 20 years now
>>
File: confused african american male.png (291KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
confused african american male.png
291KB, 600x512px
>>322174197
>hasn't played game
>therefore he must be too young to have played it
>he never actually said he hasn't played the game and judging from a non-autistic point of view he probably has played it anyway

you are the cancer that needs removing
>>
>>322169545
2D is better than 3D.

However the new 2D games are fucking garbage. They're locked at 30fps, they have shit interfaces, they have 1/4th the guns that used to exist, they are generally more locked down in terms of customizability, etc. Obviously designed for consoles.
>>
>>322177247
Isn't Ultimate Mayhem pretty good for a 3D worms? How is it not above Worms 3D?
>>
>>322177247
If you consider their state at release, WWP is obviously the best, but as they are now, Worms armageddon wins hands down.
>>
Is clan wars good? I have a few copies, want to know if they aree worth gifting to friinds for us to play.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.