[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obscure MMO's thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 507
Thread images: 133

File: pet_riding1[1].jpg (308KB, 1594x1138px) Image search: [Google]
pet_riding1[1].jpg
308KB, 1594x1138px
Previous thread: >>322103709

Since the last thread was so popular let's keep this shit going.
>>
http://cosmicleague.cyberstep.com/
An anon postedd this right as the thread died. Sequel to Cosmic Break with better 3D.
>>
>>322125163
Endless online was pretty obscure. watching all those loser with the frog mask stuck on was hilarious too.
>>
We were talking previously about swarming an old MMO and breathing some life into it.

A quick reap on my vote of Dream of Mirror Online.

It has a job based system like FFXI, you can change your class whenever you go to town and each class has its own levels and stats. Furthermore you can choose 2 skills sets from other jobs and 1 passive set to add to your main job. It's an amazingly robust game.

I stopped playing because the main community only levels in 1 way which invalidates half the job combos. If we all joined and leveled however the fuck we wanted it'd be really sweet though.

Here's a list of jobs, if anyone's curious. - http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Job

It's also officially hosted, not a private server.
>>
Is there a sandbox MMO that doesnt play like absolute shit?

Bullshit about socialization being more important than gameplay will be ignored.
>>
>>322125402
I was the musician fag that posted in the old thread. I'd be willing to pick this game back up because I never got very far in it.
>>
>>322125402
Can I get monsters as pets?
>>
>>322125402
But DOMO haves a official server published by SUBAgames.
>>
File: screenshot0049.jpg (292KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0049.jpg
292KB, 1024x768px
I cri
>>
>>322125556
Yeah, you get a free metal-element teddy bear through a quest even. I think making a "perfect" one is fucking expensive though.

>>322125552
I'm in a similar boat, game seems lovely but I've never gotten too far.
>>
Repostan UWO
>>
>>322125684
I meant more like hunter pets in wow, where you tame a beast or something like that. I have a fondness for taming ugly monsters and beasts in games.
>>
>>322125402
Damn I loved DOMO and it will work on my current toaster.

Steam group?
>>
>>322125649
Those sprites really are beautiful, it's a shame I never tried to play this until it was too late.
>>
>>322125684
ID be down for dream of mirror as well, I played for a little bit a while ago but it felt dead even then.
>>
File: myview_chibi.png (497KB, 889x560px) Image search: [Google]
myview_chibi.png
497KB, 889x560px
>>322125649

I miss that grindfest. Sheep a best.
>>
File: 9dragons.jpg (53KB, 616x326px) Image search: [Google]
9dragons.jpg
53KB, 616x326px
9 dragons was pretty cool. It had like no group content and tons of fetch quests but the atmosphere was done right.
>>
File: wakfu mmo.png (278KB, 622x287px) Image search: [Google]
wakfu mmo.png
278KB, 622x287px
Wakfu/Dofus, anyone?
>>
>>322125993
>that bunny, top right
I want to shag that bunny
>>
>>322125993
I remember i used to fap to bunny and sheep
>>
>>322125340
I remember having some fun with Cosmic Break. I guess I will try it out later.
>>
>>322125797
Yeah you can use magic mirror to capture enemies and summon them later as pets. They depop on map change though, the other pets are permanent dudes. A skill-set from musician evens buffs\heals pets.

Every job can utilise them though, so its up to you how to build around your pet. Some use them as tanks, some use them as dps, etc.

>>322125881
>>322125835
>>322125552
Alright, let's do it. If we get started I'm sure people will trickle in.

Download either through Steam or here: https://subagames.com/DOMO/Downloads.aspx

Wiki here: http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Domo_Wiki

I guess I'll make a proper thread later when we're sorted. I'm not super experienced with the game but I can try and answer questions you guys have.
>>
File: 1444650072634.png (78KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
1444650072634.png
78KB, 300x420px
>>322125993
bunny=fox>sheep>cat>dragon
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Not obscure, but yeah. ArenaNet will never recreate the greatness of of the clusterfuck known as Alliance Battles

>tfw playing as a blinding surge ele running around baiting assassin's to attack me only to sowly rape them to death by an obscure build no one fucking uses

>tfw randomly join a group of three spirit spammer ritualists as a battery necro
>they don't even ask you what build you're running
>you're all surprised at how well the team's build synergies together as you hold the center point and rape everyone who dares try to cap it

>tfw running lone minion master and manage to cap bases by yourself being a credit to your team

>tfw you run an SS necro and team up with a fucking good mesmer and you just fuck everyone's shit up and get half of the other team to rage quit
>>
>>322126184
I'm at work right now but when I get off I'll download.
>>
>>322126184
Fuck I'm on a quick break so I might not see the thread later.

What's your Steam ID, anon? There's tons of community guides for quests and classes too so anyone going in brand new has a lot of information readily available.
>>
File: a60a7b00rm2.jpg (271KB, 990x620px) Image search: [Google]
a60a7b00rm2.jpg
271KB, 990x620px
>>322125993
Here's 3rd job.
I wanna fuck that bunny
>>
Who angels online here?
>>
Isn't there a global rule about not posting threads that kill people?
>>
>>322126543
I actually don't use Steam, my IGN is Slinky though. If you can jot that down you can pm me or send a friend request.

I'll be up for a while longer so I'll wait for a few more people to be interested and then make a thread on /vg/ since they stay up longer.

Just jot down my name and Dream of Mirror Online and maybe a small note about looking on /vg/ and we should find each other.

Another quick thing that's great about this is that I can always switch to another job and be level 1 again, so people shouldn't have to party alone.
>>
Has anyone found a good substitute for Face of Mankind? I miss having my own personal empire.
>>
All these old MMOs makes me really want to play an MMO, any suggestions?

>>322126065

I really enjoyed both, but it sucks that most of the community is non-english speakers or people who only multi-box.
>>
>>322126957
One anon is trying to build a base for Dream of Mirror Online, but there's a few others posted you could try.
>>
>>322126065
Is Wakfu a single player game already? I liked the game but I hate multiboxing, and everybody was multiboxing.
>>
>>322126889
Ok. I'll be in touch with you in game early next week. I'm traveling for work right now and should be home by then.
>>
File: domo%20races[1].jpg (69KB, 593x600px) Image search: [Google]
domo%20races[1].jpg
69KB, 593x600px
>>322127257
Ok, see you then. Hopefully there'll be a litter of newdudes for you to party with as well.
>>
Who wonderland online here?

Funny, its the only MMO i have seen with nudity.
>>
>>322127082

Weirdly enough, DOMO might be one of those few MMOs I never played. Actually a lot of Korean MMOs I never played like Mabinogi or Maple Story, I guess I was just too hooked on RO in school.
>>
>>322126889
Are there servers or anything like that?
>>
There was an old MMO I remember really liking but I could never find the name of it or any source it even exists anymore.

It was a class based MMO where you basically rode mounts like a broomstick and did lobby type PvE stuff like fight bosses. It also had some sort of weapon upgrading system, as well as arena like PvP.
>>
>>322126561
I fapped so many times for those character arts
>>
>>322127679
Just the one central server Pandora, and the Suba version and the Steam version lead to the same place. So no worries there.

It's a touch premature for me to start making general threads I think, but once we get in and start playing keeping up a reference thread there should do the trick for everyone to stay connected.

>>322127678
Mabinogi funnily enough also had a really great job\skill system, you really have a lot of control over your build. I don't know if 20 wayward points will fuck you end-game, like with RO though.
>>
>>322127995
Me too Anon, me too.
>>
>>322127249

Well they introduced a hero system not long ago that lets you use characters in your account instead of sidekicks for money.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1880x1002px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1880x1002px
>>322127541
I met some 40 year old woman I used to play with like 7 years ago. She helped me get through the early game and stuff.

She was nice but even back then I was kinda weirded out by her.

Who /wurm/ here?
I miss playing with you /v/ ;_;
>>
>>322127541
Here, here. It's still surprisingly populated with weebs.
>>
>>322125649
erry tiem ;_;
>>
>>322128201
I met a 42 year old couple who teached me how to be a jew with the market.
Also helped me to get most human pets and gifted me stuff, it was weird.

>>322128223
Yeah, for some reason its full of old people, maybe because its mostly an idle game.
>>
>>322128201
Yeah I played Wurm with you guys like 6 years ago. We made Mount Brolympus, took a wrong turn at Albuquerque and ended up tunnelling into some guys mega fortress.
>>
>>322125993
That's not lion.
The firing/reloading/kiting was 10/10, no game has ever been able to come close.
>>
>>322128430
I played with /v/s second incursion almost a year ago, and it was the most fun I had in years.

Kinda wish it would happen again, but I know it'll just die a few months in again.
>>
>tfw adopting a newbie and showering them with knowledge and money. This applies to all MMO's

>>322128490
It's a shame lion was the most unpopular character for some reason
>>
File: MegalopolisSquareCharacters.jpg (3MB, 4482x4162px) Image search: [Google]
MegalopolisSquareCharacters.jpg
3MB, 4482x4162px
>>322128346
>>322125649
>>322128131
>>322127995
>>322126561
>>322125993

Here's for my trickster bros, sorry for shit compression, original file is 29MB
>>
>>322128589
This picture is fucking awesome, i recognize a ton of people too.
>>
>>322128585
>>tfw adopting a newbie and showering them with knowledge and money.
I used to do this in mabinogi. Before I quit it was the only thing I that brought me joy in the game
>>
>>322126184
>>322126889
DOMO was one of those MMOs I played way back when but never really did anything with. I even tried it again when it re-released just recently and liked it but I guess I didn't have anyone to play with so I didn't stick with it.

I'd definitely be down for playing with you guys. I'll probably download it and get it set up here in just a bit.
>>
For those of you interested in how DoMO came to Suba games check this out: https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=60810

2 years and 700+ pages of pleading finally did it, it's pretty amazing to see that many people wanting it back.
>>
>>322128874
I used to do the same.

So this is what a grandfather feels when they tell their stories to their grandsons.
>>
File: 00008239.png (1MB, 1674x1000px) Image search: [Google]
00008239.png
1MB, 1674x1000px
>DoMO

Look, while I played the shit out of it back in the day, and still think it has some of the best MMO mechanics design-wise I've seen in a game, SUBA has literally no idea what the fuck they're doing and have been doing nothing but actively trying to sabotage their own fucking game.

Also, mod system is in the game now over there and that literally throws everything out the window and makes it pay to win as fuck.
>>
>>322128937
Yeah, the pop on the server is actually alright but they're all cordoned off in their little groups. I'd love to go in fresh with you guys and just explore. I found a treasure map a bit ago that seemed fun to track down for instance.
>>
File: shit game.jpg (540KB, 2048x1792px) Image search: [Google]
shit game.jpg
540KB, 2048x1792px
This is a message for the faggot who spams this shit game on /v/.
It sucks fuck you I know you're just one guy because nobody plays your dead game dead server.
>>
>>322129275
Well they are pretty much an inexperienced publisher.

They were a korean f2p game publisher before.
But those cheap ones that are clones of others.
>>
File: Digimanlet.jpg (242KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Digimanlet.jpg
242KB, 1680x1050px
>tfw your Digimon is a Digimanlet
>>
>>322129275
I'll preface this by saying I know very little about DoMO but have you seen this?

From the 12/7/15 SubaGames update[1]:

Players may now maximize the potential out of their equipment by upgrading and modifying their equipment! We are well aware that this system was controversial in DOMO versions past so we took a sledge hammer to it and have heavily modified the system with the following changes:

-Most stats given by the mod system are percentage based instead of points in order to maintain the balance of classes

-Equipment pieces are no longer able to have the same stat be applied more than once per piece to prevent excessive stacking

-Certain stats can only be applied to certain pieces of equipment in order to cap how much of one stat bonus you may have

-While players are allowed to use upgraded items in the Arena, the stats awarded via the Mod system are disabled when in the arena.

-As we have made all these changes to the system, we have also halved the material requirements for both of these systems.

Not sure if that fixes whatever issue there was but it seems reasonable.
>>
>>322127842
flyff?
>>
>>322129873
>tfw you'll never be as big as Jamal
>>
>>322126065
I'm 100% sure dofus was more popular than wow in france a long time ago.
>>
Installing most of these games now. Something fresh won't hurt.

Anyone installing Cosmic League?
>>
What about Star Wars Galaxies on the emu server?

Never played it, but I'd assume it's a dead game. Heard it's very heavy on guild/team play to do any of the fun stuff.
>>
>>322130091
It won't let me since I'm a filthy Euro, I'd love to know how it is though, if the threads stays up long enough for you to post back.
>>
Y'all nigga want obscure and relatively new? Here you go.

http://www.fantasytalesonline.com/

Found this shit over on mmorpg.com recently and it's a nice little callback to snes-era rpgs but in mmo form. There's barely any playerbase and it's not exactly superdeep yet but it's an interesting timewaster for a little bit.
>>
>>322130193
The population is actually ok, all things considered. Thing is everything you need, including healing is player-provided and the pop does struggle to keep up with that demand.

I've played it with 4chan like 3 times over the course of 6 years. It's fun but it does get repetitive after a good month.
>>
>>322129994

Yes.

It's the mod system.

It's literally pay2win garbage that was shoehorned in late in the games life on IC, because SoftStar is also a really, really shitty developer.

During early/mid game it doesn't really do shit because of scaling, but if you get to the higher level range, do raids, etc. it's essentially "get really good mods or your DPS is going to be absolute shit."
The "golding" system was already pretty bad on the RNG and cost-wise scale(and you need double golden armor to not be instagibbed most the time in raids, even as a support), but the mod system makes it even worse.
Even with spamming money into the CS, it still takes a shitton of time and effort to get anything of worth from it, and it's going to be really, really fucking expensive.
And without speding money into the CS, you're not actually going to have an optimized outcome barring super insane(less than 1% chance) luck.

I quit back on Aeria before the mod system came out, and I had been playing on SUBA until about June-ish or so, before dropping it because of SUBA's ignorance as a host.
>>
>>322130260
I kinda like the look of this because it seems like one of those obscure MMOs I would stumble across when I was like 12. I might actually check it out
>>
>>322130220
I'll test it out right now then, since it's the first one that finished downloading. Just gotta wait for the initial setup bullshit.

I would stream it, but I'm not set up for it.
>>
>>322130781
Thanks, my only real gripe with the original was that the prefab girl-bots were the strongest. So your really inventive, cool frankenbot was just redundant.

So long as you can still customise all your parts and you get access to a decent amount of them I think the game will be pretty cool. Oh and I also hope they bring back that PvE dungeon crawling mode, man my friends and I had tons of fun with that.
>>
>>322125791
>UWO

Always wanted to try this game. Be a pirate and all that.
>>
>>322130701
Oh, the changes to the system came out earlier this month in the most recent patch. I'm sure they'll tweak it further by the time I get to end-game though. As long as I don't have to pay to unlock a job or any nonsense like that.
>>
>>322131456

Yeah, about that.

For the first 2 weeks or so, the system was actually much worse than it was on Aeria.

They claimed you couldn't get double of the same prefix. They thought you couldn't.

You could. And they've done nothing and honestly, likely can't do anything to fix them.

So if you didn't get a great set of mods early, you're fucked if you want to try and be competitive.

Between SUBA as a host and SoftStar as a developer, I really don't have any hope left for DoMO.
>>
>Sign up for Cosmic Legend
>Apparently my email was in use before
>Go get a password reset
>Log in with my new password
>Password is incorrect
>reset it a few times, it finally lets me log in
>It runs a benchmark
>83 fps minimum, ultra settings. Hell yeah motherfucker
>Tutorial, runs smooth as fuck. Controls are a bit hard to get used to, especially mouse wheel up for targetting things
>Start with Crimrose as well as a dude named Zero Saber. Looks like a baby gundam

gameplay in a sec
>>
File: SaintSeiyaOnline.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SaintSeiyaOnline.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I can't be the only spic that plays this, right?
>>
>>322133636
>Activate Windows
>Go to PC settings to activate Windows
cuck
>>
>>322130081

When I was a small froglet everyone was talking about dofus at school so probably.
>>
>>322134162

I wish I was a frog so I could play Dofus and Wakfu with people.
>>
>>322134354
Wakfu had really good populations on Nox when it first hit Steam

And then they started fucking over classes like my Osa, removing their Zookeeper options and sticking them with one shit pet at a time instead and altering every skill they had so you've literally gone from playing a D2 Necro to playing a fucking WoW MoP Hunter.
>>
>>322133920
>paying for windows
>>
I kinda miss that era of shitty korean MMOs where a couple new ones came out every month. You could just play around on whatever new ones came out for a couple months then move on to the next batch, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>322134453
>being too poor to pay $10 for a windows key

Ayyyy
>>
File: 1449877510857.jpg (360KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1449877510857.jpg
360KB, 710x508px
>>322129519
I wanted to play this when that one group put up an unofficial server. Game kept crashing while I was in a dungeon so i could kept losing all my items.

I was having a lot of fun too. Is the server still up?
>>
File: output.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>322133052
Excuse the low quality, I can't make the webm have good quality AND a good filesize. Not sure how to do that.
>>
File: 1434330941789.jpg (7KB, 250x211px) Image search: [Google]
1434330941789.jpg
7KB, 250x211px
>>322134796
>>322129519
>>
>>322134796
It is but it's pretty dead last I heard in a .hack thread a few days ago
>>
File: rm2-7[1].jpg (492KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
rm2-7[1].jpg
492KB, 800x600px
Fun times, this game.
>>
>>322134873
>log in, get some bonus stuff
>1500 FP
>It says FP can be used in place of RT (cash shop money)
>Go to buy one of the robots that requires RT, they're less than 100 a piece
>"Insufficient funds"
>Try to go to the forums to see what is wrong
>Can't get there because it says I don't have an account active yet, and that I should wait a bit

Ah f2p games, how I don't miss your cash shop bullshit.
>>
Just installed DOMO and going through the beginners village. Is there anyway to get this to 1920x1080 res?
>>
>>322135805
Its a 2010 game, there was no 1080p standard then.

But yes, edit the config .txt
>>
>>322126065
>tried to get into Wakfu because swiggity swooty
>tutorial doesn't explain anything I wouldn't know from having already played a Final Fantasy Tactics game or Fallout 1 and 2
>the specific details of the different classes are where the game really gets complicated
>they're explained by the world's worst menus, I don't know if it's a translation issue or what but I don't know what a single status effect, buff, or debuff in this game does
>mfw trying to play a Xelor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou6JNQwPWE0
>>
>>322134436

>They made Foggers hurt themselves when they are in foggernator mode
>>
File: martialheroes3.jpg (129KB, 824x598px) Image search: [Google]
martialheroes3.jpg
129KB, 824x598px
>>322125163
My first MMO was Martial Heroes aka DO Online.
Played as a fatass monk with shaolin staff who was the closest the game had to a support class. No heals, you could give out cool 1h buffs and revive people.

While mostly irt was just your run of the mill korean MMO, it had some pretty unique things about it
>No level cap. you can grind forever and ever, with costs to level up increasing exponentially.
>No servers/channels. Everyone is in the same huge world. this was probably due to relatively low pop though i assume
>One of hthe things you can craft from mined shit is a buff potion that gives you a bonus to some stat for like 10min. It has a bunch of tiers, each tier requiring like 10x of lower tier potions. As result, the higher tiers reuire like a 1000 of tier 1 potions, but the bonus they give is so massive you can one-shot someone 20 levels above you.
>And the world 2-faction PvP events were also kinda fun if a bit generic.
>Absolutely idiotic potion system where you can drink a potion (bought for cheap from vendors) every second, so whenever you are fighting (both PvE and PvP), you constantly mash button to geep drinking the potion. This also results in people carrying massive stacks of potions, needing more space in WH for useful shit. And WH expansion is of course microtransaction-based.

I ended up quitting it during the "casual filter" period - there are literally no quests from lvl60 to lvl70, so you had to simply grind for hours and hours. I could not endure it beyond lvl62-63.

Also, apparently the official servers (and even the site) are dead now, but sourcecode of the game has been opened, so there might be a private server or two.
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
Is it still needed a vpn to make a account for this?
>>
>>322134873
Thanks a lot man, this is great. Mousewheel targeting does sound odd but gameplay looks like CB1.
>>
File: count harebourg.jpg (196KB, 900x1275px) Image search: [Google]
count harebourg.jpg
196KB, 900x1275px
>>322136186

Fucking Xelors man
>>
>>322136669
It feels EXACTLY like CB1, which is nice. It's a bit hard to get used to after years of not touching CB1 though.
>>
>>322135805
When you get the chance friend Slinky, or leave your IGN here. I'm cooking atm but I can add you for later.

Btw in case your wondering the tutorial village is instanced.
>>
File: 1450894506280.png (1KB, 144x192px) Image search: [Google]
1450894506280.png
1KB, 144x192px
>>322125372
>that fucking maze that wasn't even worth doing
>>
>>322136439
pls respond
>>
>I was looking for an MMO to play
>see this thread

so... DoMO it is?
>>
>>322137513
see
>>322126184

Giving it a whirl can't hurt. Just post your IGN when\if you get set up, so we can keep in touch.
>>
Anyone want to roll around in the mud of a MMO? I'd like to enjoy one of these damn things again, but jumping in solo these days is a deathwish.
>>
File: laughing kill you man.png (304KB, 488x381px) Image search: [Google]
laughing kill you man.png
304KB, 488x381px
>Played Flyff when it first came out and was /v/ FOTM back in the stone age
>Spread details of the Tina exploit
>There was only one server and one day they just turned on world PK without any fucking warning
>Played a Psykeeper, was one of maybe 50 in the entire game at the time
>People couldn't see your level
>Went to level 15 areas, put on noob gear, started killstealing until I was attacked and they went red
>Cast my literally two minute duration root, said if they logged out I'd camp them for the rest of their playtime
>Refuse to let them logout or move
>mfw
>>
>>322137732
alright, downloading as we speak, see you in an hour
>>
>>322137771
>Tina exploit
explain
>>
Pretty sweet. In DoMO if you alt+tab and somebody sends you a friend request you get a little pop-up notifying you. Super handy.
>>
DC Universe Online
>exploitative DLC practices, the entire escrow system is literally just the game saying "fuck you pay me"
>no less than half the people playing do nothing but DPS, fucking up the entire team dynamic during raids
>the character customization is neat though
>combat is kinda fun too
I just wish someone would make an open world superhero game with lots of customization that isn't held down by MMO fuckery.
>>
>>322138946

There was a quest in SM that was basically to go from one NPC to another, and you could basically repeat it forever for easy experience. Within about 3 days there was a teleport hack doing the rounds to warp you between the two NPCs.
>>
>>322139117
OH what. I grinded up until 50 without knowing this.

How far did the exploit take you level wise?
>>
File: 1434562336_preview_DC Logo.png (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1434562336_preview_DC Logo.png
135KB, 1024x768px
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=463231324

Who /driftcity/ when it comes on steam?
>>
File: Necronia.png (1006KB, 1023x604px) Image search: [Google]
Necronia.png
1006KB, 1023x604px
Its in open beta and so far it brings back that feeling of tibia.
>>
>>322136439
>>322137264
if youre still here, no you dont need a vpn
>>
>>322125402
You got me interested. I might try this one out.
The only thing that bothers me that I won't be much active now as I have to study for exams. The idea of playing with you guys is tempting.
>>
File: Exteel_logo.jpg (73KB, 750x403px) Image search: [Google]
Exteel_logo.jpg
73KB, 750x403px
R.I.P.
>>
>>322139246

Got you from 15-20 fast as shit, and it was faster than grinding basically up to 40. The EXP curve at launch was absolutely fucking horrendous, hitting 60 and getting 3rd job was some serious shit back then. I literally don't know how classes like Blade managed to level at all, Ele and Knight at least had huge AoEs if you had a pocket RM you could do well of those, and Psykeeper had Crucio which you could do solo before they implemented the pot timers.
>>
>>322125163
priston tale was great

I was a priestess and would always /dance because dudes would give me items and money
>>
File: sdgo.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sdgo.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>322139560
>tfw all the mecha games are dead

Good night sweet prince
>>
File: 20120321FONREJSSE6V202E4.jpg (244KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
20120321FONREJSSE6V202E4.jpg
244KB, 720x540px
Anyone else played this shit?
>>
>>322139401
Looks a LOT like Tibia. Might check it out
>>
>>322139738
MU was fucking amazing
>>
>>322139494
The system of jobs having independent levels is pretty cool, I'll likely end up with something in your level range, as long as duo'ing instead of a full party doesn't bother you.

I'll see about getting a guild together once I know more about the game, although it seems expensive.
>>
File: comfy.png (189KB, 364x652px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
189KB, 364x652px
Might someone give me hindsight on some MMO called 'Aion'? Friends are giving it a go, though I'm skeptical.
>>
File: d2n.png (30KB, 228x134px) Image search: [Google]
d2n.png
30KB, 228x134px
would be impressed if anyone here played this, dealing with the idiots and epic trolls was half the fun
>>
>>322139763
Im sure its just a custom mod server.
>>
>>322125402
>>322137732
Just finished the tutorial zone in game myself. IGN is Jace. I need to do some things real quick, but I'll be on to actually play a bit later
>>
File: fiesta_img012.jpg (153KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
fiesta_img012.jpg
153KB, 1024x768px
Sweetest OST of any F2P MMO.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (7KB, 125x174px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
7KB, 125x174px
>>322125163
used to play DOMO years back

just a grinding game where you pay to not grind so long

at least it had cute lolis in it
>>
File: BlazingHeartPortraitF3.png (2MB, 1886x1995px) Image search: [Google]
BlazingHeartPortraitF3.png
2MB, 1886x1995px
>>322122505
elsword is such a bad game but the only thing they did right was bringing back the best girl
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQt2zXfqtQw
This game was dope
>>
>>322140748
but that's not Arme
>>
File: remotay and spunkify.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
remotay and spunkify.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
Who did you guys like better?
>>
>>322134453
>using wangblows at all
>>
So, will cipsoft release another game?
Will they ever try to restore tibia or will continue the dying f2p plan and keep milking it to death?

Restoring tibia is easy as fuck but they never will do it, such sad story.
>>
>>322136059
Games programmed by non-morons use a syscall to list all available display mode and put this in a list in options, so even in 2324 when 10801080p is common, that display mode is available from your game you made in 2000.
>>
>>322128201
I'm still a CA in Wurm despite not playing the game since shortly before brohalla. Ask me anything.
>>
>>322137732
EU or NA? Or is it a global server
>>
>>322139457
Thanks
>>
File: good night sweet prince.jpg (137KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
good night sweet prince.jpg
137KB, 1024x768px
dragonica was my jam
>>
>>322137770
im downloading DOMO since there's like 3 guys seemingly going to play it. im gonna play from finland so idk if it'll be same server or w.e
>>
>>322142036
I'm gonna play from Chile so I hope it doesn't have an IP block
>>
I remember playing the shit out of Grand Fantasia. Spanish server though.

I miss meeting people and making friends on an mmo.
>>
ms2 when?
>>
>>322142607
now everyone is an antisocial autist

why, for what purpose
>>
>>322142361
add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/PirateFFF/ incase thread gets archived
>>
>>322128810
>i recognize a ton of people too
Was this game that small?
>>
>>322142675
2016 summer probably.

Also talking about it their programmers were higly retarded.

Everything was run on only one core and one thread so the game had shitty as fuck optimization.
Now i see why it needed a I3 Minimum.

With the recent optimization patch they removed that and reduced the minimum requirements and made the game way more stable and smooth.
Now it needs a cheap Celeron to run.
>>
File: RFOnline.jpg (262KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
RFOnline.jpg
262KB, 1600x900px
Where my RF Online bros at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A22VL-3BpW4
>>
>>322142716

I have no idea what happened, now it's pretty hard to meet people and make friends online.

Before everything started with a "hello" and you just keept on talking and suddenly you had quite a few guys to play with.

It's like people don't want to get out of their comfort zone or their limited circle of friends.

Tree of saviour was like that, fun game but no real involvement in the community.
>>
>>322143156
Beside the obvious audience shift, I think the general game design (of other games) encourage sologrind all day err day until max cap and then pressing a button to get autogrouped and never talking to anyone ever. In games where there isn't an autogroup option and where partying is much better than soloing, people tend to talk. Unfortunately, the times of such games is over.
>>
File: MAPLE.jpg (106KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MAPLE.jpg
106KB, 800x600px
R-Remember me?
>>
File: 61003611[1].jpg (51KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
61003611[1].jpg
51KB, 800x600px
>>322141752
>>322142036
>>322142361
A global server called Pandora. Doesn't matter whether you get it from the main site(Subagames) or Steam.

I actually don't know if there's an ip-block but I hope not. Be sure to add Slinky when you guys get in game, or post back with your IGN so I can jot it down. See you all soon.
>>
>>322143596
>Maplestory
>Forgotten
>>
>>322143596
>obscure
>>
>>322143654
>doesn't work through wine
DROPPED
>>
>>322143654

Fuck it, I may just play it. I gotta play something else besides Guilty Gear.
>>
>>322143654
Do you think we could pool in resources quick to make a guild?

I'm just heading to do my Mercenary job quest.
>>
>>322143519
Also I guess for the people that played back then it was one of their first online experiences. You wanted to talk and meet people while playing.

At least that's how it was for me.
>>
>>322139946
Hordes(french version) was the shit before they opened the gates and allowed people to register without an invitation.
>>
>>322143654
Pirate here, my ign is Piraatdos
>>
damn son i remember playing this back in the day. stopped coz of exams. i'll give it a go, why not.
>>
>>322144261
I'm sure it'd doable, I just don't have a great handle on ways to make money atm. The total is 40k gold, if you'd like a reference. More importantly 6 of us need to be 20+

So for now we'll need to stick to threads and whatnot for communication.
>>
>doing musician job change quest
>holy shit this is a lot of running around
>this place is too big
>I have to use a wiki to figure out where to get these items
Now I remember why I stopped playing mmos in general
>>
File: 00000010.png (606KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
00000010.png
606KB, 1024x768px
If the autists playing DoMO want, I've got a mule guild that's sitting around doing literally nothing that I can invite someone to and give recruit ability to.
>>
>tfw dont know which race to pick
damn son
>>
>>322145791
Holy shit what the fuck. How do you use the herding skill?
>>
Bumpu
>>
>>322146432
If you go to skills > herding. It's a useable common skill. You need to figure out the right place to use it though, not sure if by animals they mean monsters.
>>
bump add Piraatdos in DOMO
>>
File: 29739_BRF04.jpg (38KB, 499x366px) Image search: [Google]
29739_BRF04.jpg
38KB, 499x366px
>>322143135
Man I fucking loved that game. Made it to 60 something before codemasters shut it down.
>>
File: kabod online.jpg (78KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
kabod online.jpg
78KB, 1276x720px
You guys remember Kabod Online? I remember someone in /v/ making a thread about this long ago.
>>
>>322148290
Never heard of it. What was it like?
>>
File: Wrath beyond control.gif (3MB, 336x229px) Image search: [Google]
Wrath beyond control.gif
3MB, 336x229px
fucking hell, I'm trying to open DOMO on windows 10 but it just crashes before the log in screen
>>
>>322148639
probably not optimized for win10
>>
File: fuck2.jpg (39KB, 387x617px) Image search: [Google]
fuck2.jpg
39KB, 387x617px
>>322148736
welp, that does it, rolling back to windows 8
>>
File: AQW.png (234KB, 480x332px) Image search: [Google]
AQW.png
234KB, 480x332px
>The niggas didn't play Adventure Quest Worlds

Shiggy Diggy
>>
>>322148639
I don't use win10, but try checking the subagames forums or the domo forums on steam. It'll likely be there somewhere.
>>
>>322141790
holy shit dragonica was the GOAT
>>
So what jobs are you guys picking?
>>
File: Untitled.png (986KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
986KB, 1024x768px
>>322147665
Success! I had to buy the collection item first.
>>
>>322149581
Ah, nice one. We all have a chat up, if you want to drop your IGN we can invite you.

>>322149363
We're all sort of finding our feet but there's a Mercenary, Martial Artist Shaman and Blademaster mixed in there. Nothing is definite, obviously.
>>
>>322148991
AQW was fucking shit
>>
>>322143654
Ayl_Mao
>>
>>322148596
It try to get the sexualized crowd while being a grind. Your armor degraded as your health get lower. And then TERA came and pretty much kill the mmo.
>>
>>322141790
This game is available on Steam now, i played this shit up to level 45 with my closest friend but goddamn i already feel nostalgic about it, had a lot of fun i wish there was another game like this with bigger maps and no party finder bullshit
>>
>>322149958
ign is Ebina. But I'm barely paying attention to the game. Plus I have to take off in an hour or so. I'll catch up with the rest of you guys later.
>>
File: 1431308774621.gif (829KB, 150x250px) Image search: [Google]
1431308774621.gif
829KB, 150x250px
>>322136439
>tfw leveling from 95 to 96
I just want my Ishtar to buff and heal with
>>
>>322139945
grindy as fuck, pay2win as fuck
outdated mechanics

still popular in Korea for whatever reason

the game had a pretty open char creator but it got neutered because people kept exploiting it by making stick character super hard to hti or mini molecular char characters with the same problem.

The game isn't terrible but it's somewhat dying, I don't think the devs care about it anymore. I paid full price for it when it was p2p and paid sub a few months, never again. Only try it if you don't intend to be serious about it, as in getting to cap and grinding OP gear and what not.
>>
>>322150648
Alright, I'll just add you now for later then.
>>
File: Eternal_Lands.jpg (293KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Eternal_Lands.jpg
293KB, 1280x1024px
An old 50mb mmo I came across back when dial up was more common.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/index.php
>>
File: 1449708641567.gif (627KB, 477x348px) Image search: [Google]
1449708641567.gif
627KB, 477x348px
>>322125340
>People bitch about Ragna being too mobile for a LND/ART hybrid
>They forget Resha and Hopper Toybox Girl existed
not like you have like 5 other bots and moeblobs that shit on each other
>>
File: flyff.jpg (247KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
flyff.jpg
247KB, 1024x768px
Is flyff obscure? I pretty much only played that game while only visiting other mmos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaPKs6dLwi0
>>
File: 8392002.png (10KB, 405x344px) Image search: [Google]
8392002.png
10KB, 405x344px
>mfw I used to play
>Pirate King Online
>Trickster Online
>9Dragons
>Rappelz
>Flyff
>Grand Chase
>Rusty Hearts
>Granado Espada
>RF Online
>Silkroad Online
>Mabinogi
>Fiesta Online
>Seal Online
>GhostX
Not obscure but
>Tera
>Maple Story

There's just something about niche obscure MMO's that always gets me, especialy when they have a small community.
>>
>>322152145
Have you look into SWGemu? Grouping up with a guild in that game is great and the game requires interaction with players just to get ahead.
>>
>>322152145
Played GhostX from the day it launched to the day it shut down, and the community was fucking spot on.

Friendliest group of people I've ever seen, and they likely were all kids.
>>
Eudemons Online was my jam. What a seriously shitty game though.
>>
>>322126020
I was a mod in that game for a time, 9Dragons ruined the chinese setting for me even though I enjoyed the game. I can't fucking stand another chinese setting MMO, give me edo japan.
>>
>>322140942
>arme
that's a funny way of spelling aisha :^)

i feel you man, wish they brought back more gc characters
>>
>>322139676
It didn't deserve what they did to it at the end of its life.
>>
File: screenshot_pc_zero_online002.jpg (318KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_pc_zero_online002.jpg
318KB, 1024x768px
Did anyone ever play zero online back a few years ago? Game used to be my shit. Played the melee class and got all the upgraded suits. I remember marrying random bitches and carrying them. Was a glorious time.
>>
Grand Fantasia was pretty good, I enjoyed the world and it's style looked really nice at higher resolutions with Antialiasing.

I had a Paladin that ended up kind of broken in the level 40 PVP brackett requiring the entire enemy party to focus solely on me to take me down and by then usually losing the match while everyone else on my team picked them off.

Good times, I really wish I could get a client for that game to play by myself or make a private server and tweak the balance because it was a really fun game to play. It's only real flaw was the fact everything was rigged to make you spend money on it.
>>
Anyone here play The Secret World? I want to try and get into it but I'm not sure how the best way to approach it would be.
Duel pistols/Blood Magic were the weapons I chose.
>>
>>322152742
>Friendliest group of people I've ever seen, and they likely were all kids
This is why I love MMO's with small communities. When I used to play popular or large community MMO's I had a strong hate for brazilian players but then I started playing smaller ones and most of them were the kindest mother fuckers out there. Not just that but like you said, even kids are less annoying and can hold mature conversations. Hell even when there are annoying people its much easyer to block, ignore, or avoid them alltogether.
>>
>>322153391
just give me my man Ronan and I'll play Elsword
>>
>>322125340

>Doesn't even have 100,000 downloads

Why do they even try?
>>
>>322154681
i'm sure people like it but in my experience i got quickly bored in the 2nd act.
>>
>>322125649

I remember this game.

I was a Raccoon or something and fucking invincible until a specific level then suddenly I couldn't kill anything without almost dying myself and it became literally impossible to play.
>>
>>322155918
Open beta, isn't it?
>>
>>322156124

>Cyberstep

Oh wait, that explains it.

People probably can't even download the game because Cyberstep are a bunch of fucking scam artists of the worst kind.
>>
File: 080709_224036-0064.png (610KB, 842x632px) Image search: [Google]
080709_224036-0064.png
610KB, 842x632px
concerto gate sure was something
>>
>>322148639
update on this
cannot link the SUBA account to Steam
I don't fucking know what to do, send help
>>
>>322130260

Looks cool, but suspiciously like a BYOND game.
>>
Most distinctive part of DoMO is the constant requests for women with specific cup sizes. I think its some weird quest.
>>
File: 00000003.png (2MB, 1914x1011px) Image search: [Google]
00000003.png
2MB, 1914x1011px
How do I fix the font? I can't read anything.
>>
>>322156786
Do they need to be linked? I think its the same account you use.
>>
>>322157213
set your game to full screen without any resolution
top option of the first window on your screenshot
>>
>>322157213
You need to install a specific font that your windows is missing. Look for MingLiU and install it, you should be ok.

>>322157508
This anon is correct if the font is too small to read, but that issue is the font being missing for windows 8+ I think.
>>
>>322128201
Such a good game, have you the standalone on steam?
Wurm unlimited
>>
>>322158015
tried the standalone*
>>
File: game.png (608KB, 1030x796px) Image search: [Google]
game.png
608KB, 1030x796px
>>322139676
rip
>>
File: 1451367150887.jpg (62KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1451367150887.jpg
62KB, 706x706px
>>322152145
>look up grand chase a week or two ago
>find out its dead completely and all the servers have been shut down
Only MMO i've ever sunk money in.
>>
>>322158850
I catch myself sometimes thinking about how some new mobile suit would have worked in the game.

They ran that bitch into the ground so hard, and replaced it was complete crap.
>>
File: 2016-01-01 - 02.29.49 ~ capture.png (3MB, 1858x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01 - 02.29.49 ~ capture.png
3MB, 1858x1080px
Goodness grievous this dungeon. Waves of 6-7 monsters and 3minute waiting time after killing.
>>
>>322134453

>being too spic to know how to pirate windows
>>
File: squid.png (180KB, 1006x329px) Image search: [Google]
squid.png
180KB, 1006x329px
>>322125163
Getamped 2 doesn't seem to be mentioned much anywhere, it's all right, though it's the usual cyberstep shit.

But if you really wanted, get bluestacks or some shit and do free offers on that for easy cash.
>>
File: 6547024033_51f40cf784_z.jpg (258KB, 640x533px) Image search: [Google]
6547024033_51f40cf784_z.jpg
258KB, 640x533px
I miss Rusty Hearts.

Lvl 40 used to be the cap, and then I just forgot about it. By the time I remembered, servers had closed already.
Never saw what Vlad looked like, or what happened at the end of the story.
>>
File: fortheOGs.jpg (783KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fortheOGs.jpg
783KB, 1280x1024px
Legitimately the best MMO to have ever existed. The character customisation was god-tier
>>
>>322159592
>Mei
Best girl. She played more fun than the werewolf dude, and that delicious sideboob and thigh combo really helped her appeal.
>>
File: kaos online.jpg (188KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
kaos online.jpg
188KB, 1680x1050px
Laghaim, also known as Kaos online, also known as bioFear online, also known as Savage Eden online.
>>
File: (12-31-15)22;08;52.jpg (843KB, 1288x747px) Image search: [Google]
(12-31-15)22;08;52.jpg
843KB, 1288x747px
>>322159973
And before someone tries to install, enticed by the boobs, this is the in game model.
>>
File: qhjFPlR.jpg (56KB, 471x500px) Image search: [Google]
qhjFPlR.jpg
56KB, 471x500px
>>322159542
>Fairy
My nigga
>>
>>322159382
Man i want to play with you guys but im too busy buying stuff and i need to finish cooking everything for this night.
>>
>>322136439
Wait is this game still alive? I thought it got shut down
>>
File: Kiss-shot.png (207KB, 1040x377px) Image search: [Google]
Kiss-shot.png
207KB, 1040x377px
>>322160152
Fairy is probably my best style, I happen to use it a lot to fit the skins I have.

I wouldn't touch this game if it wasn't for the skin system.
>>
>>322125163
Also, not exactly it's own thing but.

SWG Reborn is pretty gud if you likg NGE SWG

I've never seen any threads for it but goddamn.
>>
>>322125791
>tfw spending hours just treasure searching in populated towns to get free shit
Didn't even know if it was good shit but it was free shit.
>>
File: wiz101.jpg (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wiz101.jpg
2MB, 1280x1024px
Not too obscure, you might have seen the commercials for this game.I thought it was pretty cool game, but too bad its aimed towards kids and has chat restrictions
>>
>>322160413
Fairy's an awesome style in general, especially if you can spam the step attack.

But yeah I still only play because of friends and skins
>>
File: Manticoregroup.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Manticoregroup.png
2MB, 1280x720px
Played project gorgon. anyone else? im waiting for a little more content and increased level cap for archery/battle chem/mentalism before i play again
>>
File: itjustgotweebier.jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
itjustgotweebier.jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
Who else lost their life to this game? I did ;-;
>>
>>322160896
It's sister game pirate101 was pretty great too, more of a single player game than an MMO though.
>>
>>322161128
yea, but grouping for bosses was always fun, too bad its que finder now
>>
I really miss this shit.
>>
>>322159764
I was all Angela, even if she wasn't particularly good. But brash girls with a sleeveless shirt and tie, man.
>>
So only 4 people playing DOMO?
>>
File: 1434009030679.jpg (7KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1434009030679.jpg
7KB, 255x200px
>mfw all these Koeran MMOs
http://gamelist.mmosite.com/game/search.shtml

Why don't Koerans switch to single player or consol/handle gaming? Why do they love MMO's especialy the grind fest ones? They can come up with some really neat ideas sometimes that seems to have a lot of potential but waste it all on MMO's.
>>
>>322161860
so they can make money off of other koreans.
>>
>>322161860
Korean PCs are cheap as fuck unlike consoles.
>>
>>322161860
yeah online gaming is a big thing in korea, you even see ads on the sides of buses and billboards
>>
>>322159542

It doesn't get mentioned because Cyberstep ran it into the fucking ground. Infact, I doubt the way Cyberstep run the game is even fucking legal.

Firstly, the game is hugely pay to win. Almost everything in the game has to be unlocked by paying real money to unlock it.
There are two major dubious things Cyberstep does though. First is you cannot straight up just buy stuff. You have to gamble and have a chance of winning stuff. The second thing is, they send little kids to various fucking survey websites that requires the kids to fill in a bunch of personal information so they can get some money to gamble for shit if they're too poor or unable to just buy it.
Even if stuff like this isn't illegal, it's sleazy as fuck. They're getting kids to sell private information to various marketers and shit.

The best part is, despite all this the game has always ran like shit. It's servers in particular are notoriously laggy and the only posts on the forums in the past few years have been people complaining about lag.
>>
File: Grand Chase.jpg (260KB, 959x768px) Image search: [Google]
Grand Chase.jpg
260KB, 959x768px
>>322125163
It died last june but hot damn did I love playing it
>>
File: SWG Reborn.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
SWG Reborn.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>322160518
also SWG reborn has space.
>>
>>322162184
>First is you cannot straight up just buy stuff.
But you can though, there's shop shit.

but I get what you mean, isn't much of a big deal for me because I use emulators for offers to easily get shit.
>>
>>322161860

It's to do with how Korea handles PC gaming in general.

Owning a PC in Korea is pretty rare. Most kids go to a cybercafe specifically designed for them to play games (PC bangs they call them).
These PC bangs will strike up deals with the MMOs publisher. Basically Koreans pay the PC bang to play MMOs. The PC Bang pays the publisher to get permission to put the MMO on their PCs. The PC Bang will heavily advertise this MMO and make it very easy for Koreans to spend money on the cash shop. In return the PC Bang gets a slice of any profits the publisher makes from people who use the cash shop at that PC Bang.

You can't do this easily with single player games.
>>
SWG Reborn.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>322162302
>>
File: 1444267412159.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1444267412159.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>322162508
Shop shit is still P2W depending on what it is
>tfw Unicorn, Zerker, Lighting Arc and Kendo
>>
>>322161829
Theres about 7, just add Ayl_Mao and ask for the rest
>>
SWG Reborn.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>322162607
>>
>>322162508

You can buy a small selection of weapons with normal currency, and a few more with cash shop currency. But they almost never add new stuff to the shops.

Every new item they add is added to one of those fucking gambling machines and that is the only way you can unlock these things. (Does the game even have trading yet? It didn't ages ago, probably still doesn't)

Also I forgot. You can only own one of a weapon type in the game (excluding recolours). Another dubious thing they do is if you gamble and get a duplicate weapon, instead of rerolling for another weapon (since you cannot own duplicates), they automatically assign you a shit tier reward.
The real shitty part is, they don't mention this in the game at all. People had to figure it out by experimenting on their own.
>>
>>322145878
Hey Anon, if you're still around we'd appreciate access to that guild. We've all added eachother and whatnot but a cleaner way to see everyone would be nice.

My IGN is Slinky if you'd like to add me.
>>
>>322163003
What's fucked up is that the Zodiac accessories are in the Mega Draw and they were shop accessories in JP. A lot of them are gimmicky and they don't really do much outside of Capricorn.
>>
File: tsonline.jpg (262KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tsonline.jpg
262KB, 600x450px
Anybody? Played on both Malaysian and Philippines version
>>
>>322161186
Also, the last expansion was released like three years ago, I mean both aquila and especially marleybone were fucking great, but ranked PvP can't sate me for long.
>>
>>322163182

Yeah, Cyberstep are responsible for that. A lot of stuff in the JP version can be bought with in game currency. Cyberstep moves all of it to gambling machines to the point that standard currency is basically useless.
>>
>>322125791
My nigga. UWO is the shit
>>
>>322126020
This game was the fucking shit. I never got stumped at a quest for an mmo till this game. The Blood dragon initiation quest was brutal.
>>
>>322163403
I also don't see how the Bazaar system would've scammed people. That would've made Win artifically valuable.

Then there's also the tournaments that consists of the same 24 people using the same 8 accessories. I swear if I have to see another boypussy with Combat Ops, Shekinah or Naginata winning.
>>
>>322161040
This fucking game
It left a hole inside that just wont fill no matter how many similar games i try.
Is that 3ds fantasy life game any good at all?
>>
File: LostSagaShot_140604_071739.jpg (497KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LostSagaShot_140604_071739.jpg
497KB, 1024x768px
I love Lost saga
>>
>>322143596
>>322143753
>>322143896

In comparison to what the game is now, it might as well be. Game is completely different.

Big group of /v/ recently tried to curb our need for nostalgia in a private server. Was good before autist vs. non-autist shit started, and people came to the realization the maplestory has always been a neverending grindfest chatbox.
>>
File: LostSagaShot_140604_171320.jpg (379KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LostSagaShot_140604_171320.jpg
379KB, 1024x768px
>>322164146
Ever since they gave us gear designers and let us re-texture our own armor in game, this game has been so much fun for me.

I even got commissioned by people to do armor sets for them.
>>
>>322141790
Oh shit, I came in this thread just to bring it up. Like >>322150424 says it's on Steam now, really tempted to pick it back up again. I vote it for the game to breathe life back into.
>>
>>322161040
This word gets a lot of play but that was seriously one comfy MMO. I used to spend hours just wandering around seeing what I could do without stepping foot inside a dungeon.
>>
File: LostSagaShot_140530_092552.jpg (213KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LostSagaShot_140530_092552.jpg
213KB, 1024x768px
>>322164546
Designing was just fun in general.
>>
>>322125649
There's a private server senpai
>>
No love for perfect world?
>>
>>322162225
it was a special kind of moneygrab, but it was fun
>>
Flap mmo

flapmmo.com

best mmo ever made, join /v/ party
>>
>>322164146

That game is a shadow of its former self.

I mean, it's always been pay to win, but power creep ground it into the dirt. It doesn't help that its US provider has shit servers that make all grab moves unusable.
>>
>>322161343
God tier music.
>>
File: shinji teruyo.png (79KB, 239x209px) Image search: [Google]
shinji teruyo.png
79KB, 239x209px
>>322165304
this so much

do you remember SpadesMagnes?
>>
Elsword, literally.
>>
>>322164891
LONG AGO
>>
File: LostSagaShot_140601_100923.jpg (388KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LostSagaShot_140601_100923.jpg
388KB, 1024x768px
>>322165304
It pains me man. I love this game so much, but they treat it like total shit. Its so much fun when you have a dedicated group, hell my GF was addicted as hell to faction battling in her guild, they even got to #1 for Legion once

I logged back in recently and got a Galaxy mage perm, so Kind of excited about that. I wish there was an offline mode I could just dick around in, I'm gonna be really sad when the servers get nuked in like 10 years and its no logner accesible.
>>
>>322165467

I don't.
>>
>>322165646
oh well, it was worth the shot

tl;dr I was a south american that stirred some shit when OGPlanet hosted the server
good times
>>
File: judgiesad.gif (101KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
judgiesad.gif
101KB, 256x192px
>>322165609
the game would be so much better with an option to outright turn off legendary gears but keep every other gear intact on custom rooms

so much wasted potential man
>>
>>322162225

Wait it finally died? How's Elsword doing?
>>
>>322126742
Once upon a time, yeah.
>>
>>322153641
This game was a lot of fun, too bad it was plagued by the pay to win aspects which made PvP shit.

The grind wasn't that bad as opposed to some other mmorpgs
>>
>Uru Live
It was a spinoff of the Myst games. The idea was it was supposed to add content/story over time, but it died. I think you can download it for free off the game's site.
>>
>>322130043
>not calling it fly for fun
>>
>>322163261
Is that wonderland or one of the clones?
>>
>>322165993
Elsword is doing fine, GC died in June of last year. The updates they put out were absolute shit toward the end and most of the community migrated over to elsword there at the end
>>
>>322165609

Maybe in time someone will make a new class based, team based, top-down beat 'em up.
>>
Any Pangya players here?
>>
File: LostSagaShot_140530_100203.jpg (354KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LostSagaShot_140530_100203.jpg
354KB, 1024x768px
>>322166656
I'd hope.

I love the silliness of LS though, You literally beat the pants off your foes and take their shit. The amount of customization is staggering, yet simple. Most games don't even try to live that potential.

Pupeteer is the very reason I signed up for LS. I love inventive and fun classes, and the mixing and matching just made it even better.
>>
>>322166348

Holy shit. Just saw that Elsword has Elesis, and the new character Rose is supposed to be DFO's Female Gunner?

I might have to check out Elsword.
>>
Is elsword any fun? im quite interested on it.
>>
>>322166348
fucking rip man. I loved Grand Chase. I'll look into Elsword though
>>
File: 1448192527936.jpg (28KB, 590x442px) Image search: [Google]
1448192527936.jpg
28KB, 590x442px
>>322166884
If her subclasses work like the DFO ones where they offer a brand new playstyle and not 1 new input string or actives then I'm up for F Gunner. Lack of variety is what killed interest.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 599x685px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 599x685px
>>322155629
you were a ronan main too? my fucking nigga.
>>
File: good taste bro.png (265KB, 428x533px) Image search: [Google]
good taste bro.png
265KB, 428x533px
>>322167353
I started playing around when Lass or Ryan was coming out, I forgot
the whole idea of a spellknight was awesome for my 10 year old self
>>
File: 1436831832816.png (519KB, 557x669px) Image search: [Google]
1436831832816.png
519KB, 557x669px
not obscure but GW1 was the best MMO ever made
>>
I mostly played Lineage II and PW. None of them really obscure, but damn L2 was the father of all good MMOS. Even the grinding was fun.
>>
>>322167642
I remember when i wanted to download it and the game couldn't fit inside my HDD.

Those were other times.
>>
>>322162225
it was gold til lass and ryan, it became shit after ronan and amy
>>
>>322126065
Wakfu is a good game, the support is absolute shit and so are their community managers, especially sabi.
>>
>>322163709
Its not the same anon. I am sorry.
>>
What happened to tree of savior? That game used to be hyped as fuck on /v/
>>
>>322168306

Wakfu could have been good. But the people developing it are flaming retards.

It's major problem is it rarely gets anything new and worthwhile added. Mostly it's a new map to grind on (when grinding has no purpose).

But what's really stupid is the reason it never gets much new added to it. The developers cannot design a game for shit, and spend most of the time redesigning massive parts of the game. The amount of redesigns and flat out remakes systems and classes in the game have had is fucking staggering. And the developers don't learn, ever.

As long as it has developers like this in charge of it, it'll never be a good game (and is apparently coming pretty close to getting shut down).
>>
>>322168704
I personally love the game. It isn't RO1, but its nice as hell.

Some people expected it to be exactly like RO1, so I guess they got upset or something.
>>
>>322168704
Good game, wasnt what everyone was expecting so its not talked alot.

Too linear and not enough places to explore.
>>
>>322159695
PURPLE PRIDE WORLD WIDE
>>
>>322168704

Development is being rushed as fuck and user input ignored.

The game is full of literal game breaking bugs, huge sections of it just need remaking and it's so imbalanced they'd be better off starting from scratch than trying to balance the classes.

It needs another year or two of development time minimum, but it's going to be released in a few months.
>>
>>322168772
The game is pretty much dofus 4.0 at this poit m9
>>
File: Nvidia branded mahjong.gif (2MB, 275x319px) Image search: [Google]
Nvidia branded mahjong.gif
2MB, 275x319px
>>322168624
>Its not the same
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 321x141px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 321x141px
>>322167748
>hating best boy ronan
>>
File: domo_640[1].jpg (53KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
domo_640[1].jpg
53KB, 640x360px
To those of you on your way into DoMO, I'm not online atm but I'll still be around the thread to invite anyone if you need it. Courtesy of an anon we now have a guild so it should be easy to find fellow players.

IGN is Slinky for future reference if you want to write it down for when you do get into the game. When the thread 404's future DoMO ones will likely be in /vg/.
>>
>>322168953

More like Dofus 2093812093.2, given how often they've remade massive chunks of it.

But, Dofus is still played a lot more than Wakfu, and once the guys in charge realized how badly Wakfu was doing, they moved most of the people working on it back to Dofus. Wakfu is basically run by a skeleton crew now. Wont be long before they decide to just shut it down.
>>
>>322168795
Also developers listened the wrong people and rushed stuff.

>Toot instead Honk
It kinda makes sense since trumpets dont make honk.
>>
>>322167748
I was fine with all the characters they added I just hated how all their voices were unbearable and that stupid fucking UI they put out at the end
>>
>>322169142
Yeah, pretty much. RIP my relic collection and kama
>>
>>322139365
oh fuck yes
>>
>>322136439

I really wish they didn't shut down the english servers. I wanted to go back and play this shit again but I can't read fucking moon runes.
>>
>>322169158

More like the developers didn't really listen at all, and just heard what they wanted to hear.

During the very first closed beta Koreans complained about the quests in the game being shit and boring. IMCs solution? Remove quest markers from NPCs so you have to talk to the NPC to see if they hae a quest rather than seeing the marker as you walk past.

What the fuck was the logic behind this? But this same logic is how they respond to all criticism of the game.

That and Koreans never got to play the real game until very recently (they've had hugely inflated exp/drop rates and events that shit out exp/items). Now Koreans have 1x rates they're complaining about the boring grind as much as everyone else.
>>
>>322168918
I wonder if IMC is retarded or if Nexon is pushing them to release it to keep hype on the game.
>>
>>322166273
i think it predates wonderland, considering you actually had to use a 3rd party bot
>>
>>322169594

Seems to be a bit of both to be honest.
>>
File: Peria Chronicles.jpg (255KB, 1319x832px) Image search: [Google]
Peria Chronicles.jpg
255KB, 1319x832px
Why aren't cute anime girl MMOs aren't brought over by the dozens anymore? I know they're still making them.
>>
>>322169594
Both, it was pretty hipped and if you noticed the hype is dying.
>>
>>322169654
A bit sad.
I enjoyed the game greatly playing the beta so I hope everything will turn out okay when we get it in the west.
>>
>>322169737
Isn't Peria chronicles stuck in development hell?
>>
>>322169748

If the game had another year or two of development time, and IMC pulled their head out of their ass and starts to listen to people, it could actually be a decent game.

But we both know neither of these things will happen.
>>
File: 6467568565686786785678.jpg (167KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
6467568565686786785678.jpg
167KB, 1024x768px
>>322152145
>Granado Espada

Mi amigo

I really liked the triple character aspect of the game. I tried reinstalling it the other day and it gives me a corrupted file when updating
>>
Anyone remember the name of that MMO where there were like rival universities or schools or something and you had to pick one? The starting weapon was a baseball bat I think.
>>
>>322169016
Why don't you try Mabinogi again?
>>
>>322169748
Dont worry, the game will be indeed released, the problem will be the quality in the end.
They have time to fix the game for now, lets see what comes next.

>>322169568
I actually dont mind low exp rates/long grind if you have something to do meanwhile you are at it.

Hell, in maplestory you had to play for weeks to level up once but there was so much to explore while you were doing it.
>>
>>322170573

The problem isn't long grind in ToS. It's just that the grind is so fucking dull and uneventful.

A lot of ToS players came from RO. Where weeks of grinding for a level was the normal. Yet these same people cannot even stand a 2-3 day grind in ToS. It's just that fucking boring.
>>
>>322152145
>Rusty Hearts
10/10 OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biGTskDIgfQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9unUVXVjumY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA7s2RsUS6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1U2abzSOOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etJvh8qftvE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b15BxP1Sazs
>>
>>322170368
The last time i played was when the Shakespearean arc was added
I wanted to start from scratch and delete my character but i have no clue if they'll give me a new character card if i delete my current one
Same with my pet horse and eagle
Plus i dont have as much time as i used to anymore because job
>>
File: ge1441j2E56lf0.jpg (53KB, 489x539px) Image search: [Google]
ge1441j2E56lf0.jpg
53KB, 489x539px
>>322170201
I stop playing sometime probably last year or the year before, there were just too many fucking money sinks. You could barly make back what you earned and the cash shop whoring but I think that's to be expected with F2P games.
>>
File: SCIENCE.gif (449KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
SCIENCE.gif
449KB, 300x168px
>>322129873
>Dobermon
>>
>>322171026
You should just make a new account. You'll get a bunch of wellfare stuff that they didn't use to give away. Also make a human so that you can get both giant and elf cards for free.
>>
>>322171026
Its easier to get stronger, and you can just make a new account. A lot got added, like magic turning into a god tier tree overnight, and some extra stuff.

If you deleted all your cards, you will indeed get a new character, but no pets.
>>
I mean technically this is one of the highest grossing MMOs in the world, but only chinks play it.

posting best song

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/ajcpqanyaa0ele4/gold_cave.ogg
>>
>>322171287
I wonder for how much time nexon will be the No1 publisher worldwide.

Both maplestory and DFO are making them rich as fuck.
>>
>>322125649
Fuggg, I was in a huge GvG guild in this game.
>>
>>322168772
>>322169142

>All those leftovers of things that never made it that linger in the game
>New classes being tie ins to cartoon related media.

Dammnit Ankama. But yeah, Dofus seems to be their gravy train at the moment along with the cartoon.
>>
>>322161040
Only thing holding this game back from being perfect is that it was ran by Nexon. Fuck I love that game. Does Mabinogi have a private server? I'd play the shit out of that if it did.
>>
>>322169056
>Bunnysuit
Please tell me that's easy to get. I want one
>>
>Nexon NA creep is still a thing
Get over it, it is a great publisher for something all of their games are still alive.

Also the no.1 publisher worldwide.
>>
How obscure is Phantasy Star Online? I played the hell out of that game, both before and after the official servers were kill. RIP schthack
>>
>>322128589
lifeTO looking like a decent pServer of Trickster
>>
Y'all seem to know alot of obscure shit. I played something once long ago. The battle system was like >>322163261 I think, or a FFTactics-style grid battle system. You started out alone, but slowly recruited more npc sidekicks over time to your party, and one of the first ones was a Knight in traditional armor, including the old multi-slit-eyeholes helmet. One of the early main quests led you into a castle with the aforementioned Knight and one of the big boss battles took place there.

I stopped playing shortly after this for some reason but I honestly don't remember why, possibly distraction related. I've never been able to find it again, if it's even still running, but I'd love to play it again. Any guesses as ot what it might be?
>>
>>322171916
I've no idea, but everyone I see in town looks quite different and it seems the kind of game that lends itself to dressing up.
>>
File: 1449898044800.png (5KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1449898044800.png
5KB, 360x360px
>tfw you can never find a free 3D mmorpg you can get into or not get burnt out by level 30. 2D mmos haven't interested you since Ragnarok Online first had open beta.

Fuck me. Last game I sunk time into was that awful Swordsman Online, or something called that, so many Wuxia games to keep track of.
>>
>>322169523
There is an unofficial english patch, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>322172497
Does that even work properly?
>>
File: 504202_fullquS6cT5imF.jpg (159KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
504202_fullquS6cT5imF.jpg
159KB, 1200x675px
>>322172108
>How obscure is Phantasy Star Online?
Not really obscure. Game is/has been well known and popular for awhile. It's mostly the Korean stuff that tends to be the most obscure since they release them by the dozens.
>>
>>322171287
Not an mmo.
>>
>>322173541
>massively multiplayer
check
>online
check

I dunno boss, seems like an MMO to me
>>
>>322173701
>>massively multiplayer
>4 people
>massively multiplayer
Choose precisely one.
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>322173810
So who are all those people walking around in the lobby then, boss? Are those all bots?

You can only bring five people into a World of Warcraft dungeon, does that mean WoW isn't an MMO?
>>
>>322173810
You are retarded as fuck, dude.
>>
>>322174041
>>322174235
he's actually technically right. MMO traditionally refers to sharing the same world as a whole together; when the actual majority of gameplay/content is instanced, it's not technically an MMO, it's just an MO.

Vindictus is not an MMO in the same vein. You can have dozens or hundreds in town, but you can only have 4 people in the main dungeons and 8 in the raid ones. DFO is the same. Many others are, though people sitll call it MMOs, that's like calling a watermelon a canteloupe. They're both in the melon family but they're different.
>>
File: 00000004.png (2MB, 1914x1012px) Image search: [Google]
00000004.png
2MB, 1914x1012px
>>322171916
Seems to be all kinds of slutty outfits in the cash shop. Can't preview them because I made a male.

No idea how expensive the points are though.
>>
>>322133636

>Saint fucking seiya MMO

Woah fuck english patch where?
>>
>>322174041
Just to add on, the majority of WoW's content is in the world. Dungeons are maybe 30 mins at a time, and only the "majority" of gameplay at endgame, but that's due to shit design choices.

I have 5 words for you that put that specific argument to rest:
Gates of Ahn'Qiraj opening event.
>>
>>322175000
Just realized that the ground is fucked up in the screenshot. Seems to be the case for all screenshots I have.
>>
>>322174041
>fable 2 is an MMO gais pls belib me am smert
>>
>>322175602
WoW players stand in a city all day while waiting for a dungeon or arena queue, how is that any different from a DFO player standing in a lobby all day while waiting for a dungeon group?

WoW confirmed for singleplayer game
>>
File: Florensia-online-screenshot[1].jpg (48KB, 690x437px) Image search: [Google]
Florensia-online-screenshot[1].jpg
48KB, 690x437px
florensia anyone?
>>
File: 345354.jpg (450KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
345354.jpg
450KB, 1600x1200px
FUN AS FUCK

RUN AS FUCK
>>
File: conquers29_a776603m08d.jpg (342KB, 1023x786px) Image search: [Google]
conquers29_a776603m08d.jpg
342KB, 1023x786px
really fun back then but its full p2w garbage now
>>
File: 1451441312287.png (179KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1451441312287.png
179KB, 500x358px
>>322178309
>Can literally buy a Super+3 set of gear.
>BP system makes underdog victories impossible, with the much lower person dealing 1 damage out of at least thousands.
>>
>>322175000
Any way to get cash shop money ingame? Most f2p games usually have one or two things where you can get just enough for one thing.
>>
>>322178778
Getting good wasn't that hard from what I remembered, one of the few MMOs where I actually reached end game to be honest.

Dropping meteors from your inventory would make a really loud global sound and it was funny to watch new players swarm you and try to pick it up.
>>
File: 00000007.png (2MB, 1924x1022px) Image search: [Google]
00000007.png
2MB, 1924x1022px
Just upgraded my weapon to lv2. A bit more damage and a shiny effect on top.

>>322179153
They had something on their website when I made the account but I didn't care enough to take a look.
>>
>>322172140
I doubted anyone would remember or know this but I'll try bumping for attention once to see if anyone might know the game.
>>
>>322170362
i know what you're talking about, japanese high school setting with the one-color uniforms. sadly, i can't remember the name, remember finding it in onrpg back in the day
>>
>>322180267
I don't know, having an array of NPC sidekicks doesn't sound much like an MMO. Are you sure it wasn't a single player game?
>>
>>322170362
>>322180720

Ran online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA0XbnOwUbQ
>>
>>322135254
I know this post is 8 hours old but holy shit it's the first time I've seen someone other than me post Redmoon
>>
>>322179391
I'm more or less certain I would have been one of the poorfags jumping for those mets.
You still play? I have an account, if you want to join me.
>>
>>322181680
Im starting on a private server called ApexCO, they seem to have features closer to how I remember the game was like. Feel free to leave your steam id
>>
Anyone remember Ghost Online? I faked a Korean SSN to get into the beta along with a few other guys from /v/. It was kind of shit, though. Never was fond of Maple Story-style MMOs.
>>
>>322182094
It died, then came back a few years ago as SoulSaver Online.
It's pretty dead and the grind gets ridiculous, though.
>>
>>322182094
I remember playing that and thinking I was doing well until I found out a bunch of the Korean players already knew the game inside and out.

They managed to hit max level in less than a day.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
Who Lineage2 here?
>>
Do people still play MU or is there a similar game out now? Did MU2 ever come out?
>>
>>322181825
Guess I'll join in.
I hope to god they have something to identify items without picking them up.
>>
>>322182885
>lineage 2
>obscure
nah, but they did casualize the fuck out of it and its embarrassing to play it these days
>>
>>322178309
This was my first MMO, played it with my uncle. It'll always hold a special place in my heart. I remember being amazed that a person I was playing with was from Egypt.

>game is 99% muslims/brs
>literally untouchable if you spend enough money
>bots everywhere

It hurts...
>>
Fuck. I really want to startup an old mmo. Something about the bad graphics is very therapeutic.
>>
Has anyone played Dragomon Hunter? Is it good? Is it p2w?
>>
>>322183683
take aura kingdom
now make it even trashier
>>
>>322183368
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNKZC25p5A0

these characters had 50k sunk into them apparently.
>>
>>322169837
Last video on their site has "2014" among the moon runes in the title. So, probably.
>>
>>322183783
I would presume 50K USD, right?
>>
Does anyone have a good MMO with similar gameplay to Kitsu Saga, or Luna Online?

Is there a word for the kind of gameplay either of them did?
>>
>>322184315
Weren't both of those generic point'n'click actionbar mmos?
>>
>>322183773
Doesn't dragomon hunter have some sort of action combat though?
>>
Happy New Year from the East Coast USA.

Downloading Dream of Mirror right now, and got Cosmic Legend down. What else is everyone doing?
>>
File: Survival_Project[1].png (211KB, 255x344px) Image search: [Google]
Survival_Project[1].png
211KB, 255x344px
holy shit was the p2w obvious.(literally an item in the shop that upgraded your characters to different forms, and it only lasted 30 days too.) but god DAMN did this game do an excellent mix of challenging PvE and fun PvP.
>>
>>322184585
Yeah. I want something brainless and easy like that, to spend time with friends who are into MMOs but haven't played in a while.

I used to play Mabinogi but none of the new content that you don't get a preset character for can be soloed without premium items. Kitsu was one of the games the aforementioned friends showed me and it was reallly chill until it got pulled off Aeria.
>>
Anyone remember runes of magic?

I dumped over 700 dollars into it, and the state it's in, it's worse than dead, it's what you get when you try to resurrect something too many times.
>>
>>322167576
>GW1
>best mmo ever made
nah, ultima online is best for pvp, and everquest for pve, guild wars wasnt even close especially with all the faggy instancing
>>
>>322185028
Well DOMO seems fairly brainless so far.
>>
File: ether saga.jpg (921KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ether saga.jpg
921KB, 1024x768px
>Tfw after 7 years of business Ether Saga Odyssey is final closing on 4th of January.
Was it a long run?
>>
>>322152145
Now most of the are all dead.
>>
>>322170808
RIP
>>
>Faunasphere

it still hurts.
>>
>>322185445
For a niche MMO, it did well enough.
>>
>>322161428
>>322159764
Leila for life.
>>
File: city_of_heroes.jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
city_of_heroes.jpg
74KB, 800x600px
>>
File: Luna_02_110220_121609_001.jpg (543KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Luna_02_110220_121609_001.jpg
543KB, 1024x768px
So apparnetly Suba games is interested in bringing back an official Luna Online/Plus server. Anything I should know about the company before blindingly jumping into the game?
>>
>>322172140
Wakfu?
>>
File: 1438460700652.png (4KB, 173x201px) Image search: [Google]
1438460700652.png
4KB, 173x201px
>>322186272
>City of (Supers).
>Obscure
>>
File: RIFT-og (1).jpg (211KB, 1306x753px) Image search: [Google]
RIFT-og (1).jpg
211KB, 1306x753px
Am I the only one who plays Rift anymore?
>>
File: 1450214014559.gif (92KB, 200x136px) Image search: [Google]
1450214014559.gif
92KB, 200x136px
>>322186439
I started today,cleric dwarf. I found it fun,i guess i will play this until a Black Desert releases.
>>
>>322186330
Apparently domo which is also ran by them has some p2w issues. Based on some anons posts in this thread.
>>
>>322184959
vampire was a top tier girl
>>
>>322186439
Rift was pretty fun, the shaman i think it was (basically water resto druid) was op as fuck so that was fun.
>>
I'm currently playing Dragon Nest Sea

gameplay is pretty radical https://youtu.be/GWbWNkNx34o?t=21
>>
>>322139676
US version was complete shit and had almost dead (but atleast tight-knit, friendly) community, good riddance. Play KR version, where atleast players get SOME respect.
>>
>>322187474
Woah, that looks pretty fun, being a Korean mmo i assume it's p2w as fuck though.
>>
>>322184826
playing >>322187474
>>
>>322187474
Is it still grindy as fuck? I tried getting into the EU version maybe a year or something ago and I only got to around lv20 because the grind hit me hard and there was barely any other low level players around. I think back then the EU version was in an earlier patch so that it was missing some new class and had a lower level cap.

The base game was really fun though. I could see myself playing it again if it got any better.
>>
>>322177863
The servers still up? Wouldn't mind getting back into it, though not sure if my account was wiped after beta or if I played post-beta.
>>
>>322177863
didn't this get taken down because of some copyright claim by the folks with Jet Set Radio?
>>
>>322188060
as far as I'm aware you can't p2w pvp, everything but your skill plates (customizable plates you can slot into skills to modify them such as 20% reduced cooldown or more damage) is equalized.

>>322188141
I've heard the latest patch on Sea (dunno about other versions) reduced the grind heavily for higher levels, dunno about lower.

When the game originally released I think 24 or 30 was the max level, now it's 90. I'm only level 23 myself right now but it's only taken me like 5-6 hours to get here and i'm not speedrunning or anything.

here's gameplay of the new class (Catgirl gauntlet user)
>>
>>322188848
forgot gameplay, hurr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m-1WS29Xvw

also has clerics for those who prefer to smite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EELVMeNRMFc
>>
>>322183367
I know it's not THAT obscure, I just want to know whether people still play it nowadays.

Anyone playing on dex server right now?
>>
File: aika-online-zereca-01.jpg (62KB, 559x400px) Image search: [Google]
aika-online-zereca-01.jpg
62KB, 559x400px
Anyone remember this game? Used to play it when it was still owned by gpotato
>>
>>322190369
Yea, think i went Rifleman because the skill effect sounds were pure sex (the rifle boom) and tsundere Pran.
>>
File: BOTSacclaim.jpg (86KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
BOTSacclaim.jpg
86KB, 800x600px
>>322125163
>>
>>322126065
I tried playing some Wakfu, but the grinding necessary to get to the good parts at higher levels or just to craft decent things (or so I read) was killing me.
>>
>>322190369
This game had some of the best grand-scale pvp ever. Too bad it was super p2w with the cash shop and enchancingweapons
>>
>>322169568
Yeah this is so stupid. In a game based on 500-600+ levels any amount of grinding is beyond stupid.

Espically when it takes 50 levels for your stats to mean something and having 50+ levels between gear upgrades as well.

It's like they took all the bad ideas from RO, diablo and ranomd aRPGS and put them into ToS on purpose.
>>
>>322140401
Came here to post this. Fiesta Online was pretty comfy. I heard a while ago that they totally changed Roumen and its music though.
>>
File: mabinogi (2).jpg (44KB, 470x320px) Image search: [Google]
mabinogi (2).jpg
44KB, 470x320px
we should play mabinogi and all roll bard
and everyone use the cymbals
>>
>>322170731
RO at least had meaning to it's grind. Once cards were in your gameplay went nuts. It was stilla boring crap grind, but you could work towards cards that would make you insane in a couple maps and let you kill like crazy.

ToS suffers from.. well you need to kill un-mass like diablo games but..... you're stuck with shit skills and most classes do shit auto attack. have fun grinding 50 million mobs
>>
>always find interesting threads at 350+ posts
god dammit.

Shattered Galaxy. an "MMORTS"
That shit was my jam in the early and mid 00s. Never seen anyone mention or comment on it.
>>
>>322190790
duuude

>>322191394
wouldn't that take a while though?
>>
File: screenLoki014.jpg (143KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
screenLoki014.jpg
143KB, 800x600px
>>322191458
I really did like the combat in RO, especially as a mage/super novice. I just wish the exp rates in the official servers weren't complete ass, and that other classes had more variety than "spam one skill over and over."
>>
>>322191635
brooo
>>
>>322191854
lmaoooo
>>
>>322186439
I wanted to like rift. I thought hey soul system. Surely I can make my sword and baord dps or tank mage right? all those wonderful combos to try.

And then it's just another generic cookie cutter setup. Neat idea but you can't actually play a fun class and have it do well anywhere else but solo questing.

Shit I was somewhat excited when I was playign for the new souls, a healer warrior soul? that might be nea... no it's setup to be a caster. FUCK!
>>
>>322191635
If we ignore everything it shouldnt be more than 5 minutes
>>
File: 1441861073605.png (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1441861073605.png
28KB, 400x400px
Guys help me, I'm trying to remember this one Diablo clone MMO I used to play with my cousins back in the early 2000s but I can't find it.
>>
File: fantasy-earth-zero.jpg (939KB, 1900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fantasy-earth-zero.jpg
939KB, 1900x1200px
RIP
>>
>>322192325
That died really fast.
>>
>>322191394
Mabi has such cool shit but my biggest problem with it is how annoying is it to start a new character in it. Fairly quickly you start struggling with AP and you have to minmax you build hard if you want to progress at a reasonable rate. If you just level whatever skills you wish you'll run into a wall too fucking fast.
>>
>>322192325
Shit, that one was fun for a while, but nobody ever played it. I only remember the rule 34 it had though.
>>
File: 1355091408666.jpg (69KB, 447x453px) Image search: [Google]
1355091408666.jpg
69KB, 447x453px
>Find out about Mabinogi when it's was about to get released
>Play it
>Perfect balance between exploring and chilling with people
>Moongates open only at night with one specific location to go to, meaning you have to come back on foot if you fuck up
>People always came back to Tir Chonail no matter what for skill grind/getting their shit broken by Farghus
>Based music system where you can even cast spell when your skill was high enough. People came to listen to your shit while waiting for the Moongates and talked to you about whatever.
>Fun guilds, fun everything, you were sure to make some bros

>New continent get release
>Perfect exploration balance gets shattered with new areas being gigantic for nothing
>Bots ravage Tir Chonal, Nexon does jackshit about it to change the situation
>Barely anyone staying for a conversation

>Pal tells me to come and play last year
>Do myself a new Account since they give you a horse
>Moongates leads to EVERYWHERE now, you can use them whenever you want
>Bots soaks almost every towns
>Uninstall.exe barely after a hour

It's hurts, Anon
>>
>>322126065
>played f2p
>tried to open up my own coffee shop
>"Nah bro your shit's too low level"
>cry at lack of RP

Why even bother...
>>
>>322192248
What, if any, differences were between that mmo and Diablo?
Anything helps at this point.
>>
>>322193125
What you wanted;
>Guy walks in
>"Toss me a cup of joe"
>He drinks it, shoots the shit with you
>Repeat customer
>Eventually brings friends
>You gain friends and more customers over time

What happened;
>Max your coffee level you fag
>Your shit is useless

Min-max faggots are worthless cunts who do not have any right playing social games.
>>
>>322194156
>was a min-max faggot in my youth
>now that I would actually want to RP there are no MMOs left, just themeparks full of chosen ones
>>
>>322191726
yeah RO suffered from horrible exp rates. And then rebirth hit and you needed to do it again only more exp.

shit bad.
>>
Just opened Dream of Mirror Online.

>No email registration
what
>No third-party launcher besides steam
what?
>No Pando Media booster or other download "helper"
Oh my god

This is how you do f2p mmos, god dammit.
>>
File: 1451494662999.png (11KB, 399x494px) Image search: [Google]
1451494662999.png
11KB, 399x494px
>tfw can't get into MMOs
>tfw have trouble enjoying vidya
>tfw getting post game depression halfway through games
>tfw never experienced being a useful part of a guild
>>
>>322194657
>No email registration
Actually you have to make an account for them and link it with your steam acc. You can do it in the ingame browser it opens up for you when you try to login for the first time or make one on their website.
>>
>>322134162
Dofus was the fucking shit man. Sacrieur reporting in.
>>
>>322194728

>tfw you will never explore the entire game world in an mmorpg
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00001.jpg (82KB, 1024x752px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01_00001.jpg
82KB, 1024x752px
This game feels old. Like, PS1 era old, god damn.
>>
How is that Ghost in the Shell shooter?
>>
>>322166846
This game still alive? I remember I used to have a tuxedo and a cut-in animation
>>
>>322130781
>>322131148
Been playing Cosmic League since release. There is some fun with frankenbotting but it won't affect minmaxing. Also, all of the weaker bots are now stronger so girl-bots don't dominate.
>>
>>322194657
Well that solves the log in problem... kinda. now is the game still grind centeral and boring?
>>
File: saga of ryzom.jpg (43KB, 350x495px) Image search: [Google]
saga of ryzom.jpg
43KB, 350x495px
Saga of Ryzom
>>
>>322156331
It downloads fine but the P2W is INCREDIBLY apparent just one league above the bottom rung
>A Ranks and S Ranks literally fucking everywhere
>The most you could have without paying money is B until a certain quest point
I want to like it but holy shit it's not fun literally dying in 3 seconds every time I enter a goddamn fray.
>>
>>322197051
There was a guy a long while back who posted on /v/, saying he'd make a Cosmic Break private server without cash shop bullshit. I wonder what happened to him.
>>
>>322128062
Mabinogi was fun as fuck. Up until the newer jobs started taking over and they streamlined leveling. Genesis ruined the whole combat system for me, where it used to be rock paper scissors and you had to think out your next move turned into just hit things as fast as you can.

When's mabinogi 2 devcat? Why won't you let me be happy.
>>
Who /toontown/ here?
>>
>>322197376
It's amazing how the old good ones get ruined by updates trying to modernize the game (mabi, ffxi, ro to name a few) while all the new mmos suck.
>>
>>322192840

I actually tried getting back into the game about a year ago. A lot of the friends I met since the beta were still playing. Felt good for a while that they still remembered me but not even that made me stay. The game is too far gone and it will never be fixed.

Fuck Nexon. I loved that game like nothing else and the fucking killed it.
>>
>>322197051
We need to find some kind of cheats to get the cash shit without giving them money.

I want to play the game, but hearing that makes me want to avoid it.
>>
>>322169142
>Shut down Wakfu

I'm not going to Dofus until they open up all areas to free players. I don't care if I'm a poorfag, I'm not paying for more than one region.
>>
>>322197797
I shit you not anon, I did 2 matches in the second tier and I was last place in both, I did next to no damage and got obliterated in literal seconds
>>
What's the difference between Dofus and Wakfu?
>>
>>322197679
Tell me about it. 7 years I spent on mabi. I regret it sometimes and other times I don't.

I get the urge to play it every now and then but I realize how shit it is.

Pso2 is the closest thing I have to it really and honestly I'm okay with that. I get to play dress up anyways
>>
File: 1355637211663.png (34KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1355637211663.png
34KB, 493x402px
>>322197698

Yep, it's a damn shame Anon.

I still come back to World of Warcraft every expansions because I got a load of friends playing it, but other than that I drop it after barely a week or so after reaching maximum level.

Mabinogi was perfect for me until they broke the exploration aspect of it. Why must every single Mmorpg go through the same casualisation bullshit anyway? I doubt there's any other game like it. I wouldn't even mind paying it if it's means having chill moments with other people again.
>>
>>322197376
or you just ranked archery or WM and oneshotted everything

mabinogi was always a mess balance-wise, it's better now than it used to be.
>>
>>322198656
No it really isn't. Fighter dominates, gunner as well if you have the stats. I main warrior and I get left behind by everything. Balance is a lie.
>>
File: Cloud_Chamber_Gameplay_3.jpg (336KB, 1210x680px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud_Chamber_Gameplay_3.jpg
336KB, 1210x680px
>>322125163
http://store.steampowered.com/app/290710/
Obsucre as fuck. Pretty much an MMO interactive movie
>>
In terms of Japanese MMOs, I'm about to DL Gunslinger Stratos Reloaded, I'll tell you how it is when I get inside the game.
>>
>>322125402
So did anyone start a guild yet? I'm downloading this now.
>>
So domo it is, why not mabinogi?
>>
So who here remembers shattered galaxy

>Spent HOURS of my life defending a fucking POC in crater which would be lost the minute I went offline.
>>
I feel like Ultima Online should be considered an obscure MMO, since no one ever talks about it as it exists today.

Yes, it turned 18 last year and is still running.
>>
>>322188848
Man, watching gameplay always makes me want to get back into this game. Dragon Nest has legitimately the most fun gameplay of any MMO I've ever played. Its just a shame so much else about it is so underwhelming. I usually got burnt out in the swamp area when the questing turns to "run these 5 samey areas dozens of times to progress," and the pvp was nearly unplayably laggy against the scum that make up most of any f2p game's playerbase.
Is the endgame stuff actually fun? From videos of it, group bosses look mostly like damage races with an occaisional thing you have to jump over or hide behind, but I never got far enough to try it.
>>
>>322186391
As much as I agree with you, the severe lack of superhero MMOs makes me think it qualifies theme-wise. There's been like 3 total. Champions Online and DC Universe Online.
>>
File: allods1.jpg (192KB, 1366x706px) Image search: [Google]
allods1.jpg
192KB, 1366x706px
anyone play allods online? it was some slavic mmo. i remember one faction being fantasy while the other faction was like. sifi nazi/imperial shit. i had a level 31 kanian champion before i stopped. my favorite part was the cosmedic outfits and how all player characters spoke russian in their emotes
>>
File: crying.jpg (32KB, 374x411px) Image search: [Google]
crying.jpg
32KB, 374x411px
>>322186272
FUCK YOU MAN!
Too soon....
>>
File: 765457899.jpg (102KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
765457899.jpg
102KB, 640x360px
This was a good thread. Its fun disscusing really niche games with /v/
>>
Mabinogi is pretty good
>>
File: mabinogi_2011_08_24_001.jpg (265KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
mabinogi_2011_08_24_001.jpg
265KB, 1152x864px
>>322201712
Mabi WAS good. Everything that came out after alchemy turned the game to absolute dogshit. Fucking Nexon.
>>
File: 2u6powi.png (177KB, 389x387px) Image search: [Google]
2u6powi.png
177KB, 389x387px
>>322202039
>"Shadow Missions were a mistake."
>>
>>322199797
Yes, we have a guild now. Just let e know your IGN when you get the chance and I can get you in.
Thread posts: 507
Thread images: 133

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.