[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phantom Dust is kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: phantom dust.jpg (59KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
phantom dust.jpg
59KB, 600x338px
Phantom Dust reboot developer shut down

>Florida-based independent studio Darkside Games, which was working on Microsoft’s E3-announced Phantom Dust reboot for Xbox One, shut down this afternoon in wake of news that Microsoft had cancelled their version of the game, according to a Kotaku report.

>Though Darkside Games’ version of Phantom Dust is no longer in development, Microsoft says the reboot still remains in development.

“Microsoft partnered with Darkside Game Studios in the development of Phantom Dust, but our working relationship has now ended,” a Microsoft spokesperson told Kotaku. “We have great respect for their studio and their work in the industry. While we do not have anything new to share on Phantom Dust at this time, we can confirm that development of the title continues. We look forward to sharing more details on the game as we get closer to release.”

>Darkside Games’ previous work includes development assistance on titles like Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Sunset Overdrive, Gears of War: Judgment, and BioShock Infinite. The only game it fully developed was Ratchet & Clank: Before the Nexus for smartphones.

>According to Kotaku, after the studio learned their game was given the cut by Microsoft today, they were forced to let all of its around 50 employees go.

“The executives who saw it were impressed and as late as this morning gave our team every indication that the project was on solid ground,” a former employee told Kotaku about Phantom Dust. “Yet we got the phone call today that someone up on high who in all likelihood wasn’t even aware of the game in detail shut it down.”

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/phantom-dust-reboot-developer-shut-game-still-development
>>
Its still development retard
>>
>>283713464
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urWUCXrTytE
>>
>Though Darkside Games’ version of Phantom Dust is no longer in development, Microsoft says the reboot still remains in development.

Brain problems?
>>
>>283713609
Games usually never survive the shift over to a new studio

>>283713764
Hope you like playing Phantom Dust in 2019
>>
They should reboot Breakdown instead.
>>
>>283713464
Well, there goes the only reason I'd ever buy a bone. Thanks Microsoft
>>
Kek, Microsoft's last guardian
>>
>>283713609
it is but what usually happens whatever Darkside Games did is passed over to whoever is suppose to develop it now, but usually is all thrown out the window and restarted completely.
>>
>>283713464
>Darkside Games’ previous work includes development assistance on titles like Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Sunset Overdrive, Gears of War: Judgment, and BioShock Infinite. The only game it fully developed was Ratchet & Clank: Before the Nexus for smartphones.

But all of those were shit games. This is actually good news.
>>
>>283714182
Except people want TLG
>>
>>283713609
Yeah, probably by Hijinx Studios or somebody equally terrible.
>>
>>283713464
>The only game it fully developed was Ratchet & Clank: Before the Nexus for smartphones.

And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>283713464
and this is why i dont touch consoles
>LOOK AT ALL THESE GAMES YOU ARE WAITING FOR
>cancelled>cancelled>cancelled>cancelled>cancelled>cancelled>cancelled>cancelled>cancelled>cancelled>cancelled>cancelled>cancelled
>>
>>283713464
>283713464
we warned you
we warned you that every new console gets at least 10 vapor ware titles
you didnt listen.
>>
Man, I loved Phantom Dust. A new version of it would really be badass.

Imagine having bigger battlegrounds, bigger and more powers, and full of destructible environment.
>>
>>283714452
name me another major console exclusive which was cancelled the last 3 years.
>>
File: 1423461062947.jpg (85KB, 315x641px) Image search: [Google]
1423461062947.jpg
85KB, 315x641px
>>283714315
mfw they gave it to rare
>>
>>283714580
The Last Guardian. :^)
>>
>>283714702
At least they aren't as bad as they were in the late 90s on N64
>>
>>283714869
I said games not myths.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.