[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have you ever funded a kickstarter? How did it go? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: bag of dicks.jpg (77KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
bag of dicks.jpg
77KB, 700x467px
have you ever funded a kickstarter? How did it go? I'm considering throwing my money away. tell me about your experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D6PIo_Rw2E
>>
I'be backed quite a few things, and most of them have yet to pan out. They all send regular updates and progress videos though. It really depends on the people running the project. So far the only thing I've backed that was released is Among the Sleep, and that turned out pretty well.
>>
>>283708502

have you backed more physical products or creative things like games?
how do you decide who is good enough to get your throwaway cash?
>>
>>283709175
Mostly games, but a couple books too. None of those are done yet though.

Just whatever looks interesting to me. Why else would you spend money?
>>
>>283707434
I backed wasteland 2. I regret that decision. Waste of 16 bucks.
>>
>>283709717
sure it has to be interesting, but if it fails what happens to your money? wouldn't you want to be reasonably sure of success?
>>
File: littlewhich_art_logo.jpg (260KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
littlewhich_art_logo.jpg
260KB, 800x1131px
This is the only kickstarter I've funded.
>>
>>283710026
>that wasteland 2 is great.

sure thing sport.
>>
>>283707434
Fact: Shitty Dubstep gets you 14% more backers.
>>
Maybe one or two music related ones and they went well.
I backed Torment as well but still waiting to see how that pans out
>>
>>283710383
that did worry me. if the maker has shit taste, then the product would be shit by that standard.
>>
I backed Barkley 2 for 20 bucks.
I get an email every so often giving me an update on what they're working on and it seems to be coming along nicely.
>>
>>283710371
Well I'm sorry my opinion offended you, I forgot this was the autism support board.
>>
I have never backed anything.
I don't know if I'm missing out.
>>
>>283707434
>Grifta
That doesn't sound suspicious AT ALL.
>>
File: 1424038605061.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1424038605061.gif
2MB, 300x225px
I've funded 3 vidya-related Kickstarters and they all ended in varying degrees of failure.

At least I funded LWA2.
>>
File: bones tg.png (3MB, 1411x939px) Image search: [Google]
bones tg.png
3MB, 1411x939px
I've backed some stuff, mostly /tg/ and /toy/ shit.
pic related just came in a handful of days ago, fuck yea.

The only /v/ thing I've backed was some kind of sci-fi Metroidvania that unfortunately failed a couple months ago, no clue what it was called.
>>
File: DSC_1188.jpg (131KB, 1258x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1188.jpg
131KB, 1258x1600px
Only thing I have ever backed is this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/growlerwerks/the-ukegtm-pressurized-growler-for-fresh-beer

Ships July 2015 so we will see then if it was a horrible mistake, but they seem to have their shit together.
>>
I've never contributed to a kickstarter because I am not a retard.
>pls invest with 0 of the benefits an investor normally receives
>>
I funded the new game called 'Obduction' by Cyan who made the Myst, Riven, URU games and are one of the oldest game makers around, nothing is certain of course but I trust Cyan more than any other company to deliver a good game and I have a real soft spot for the Myst games as they were the first I played on PC.

I also wanted the limited edition rewards that come with pledging like the boxed game, art work, t-shirt, poster and stuff.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction
>>
>>283710886
how did they vary in failure?
did some get funded but didn't deliver what promised, or was it all funding problems?
>>
Planetery Annihilation - They delivered on all of their promises, apart from the fun part. It's a perfectly functional game, it's just incredibly boring.
Pillars of Eternity - Looking good, we'll see how it ends up when it releases in a month.
>>
>>283710907

Is that Bones 1? Lucky bastard if so.

>tfw the Heroquest remake got pulled because the guy didn't 100% have the license
>>
>>283710245
Well, I've backed Armikrog, by the Skullmonkeys guys, Asylum, by the Scratches guys, and Among the Sleep, which released. They were all pretty legit to begin with. I also backed A Hat in Time, which seems to be chugging along.

I did a couple Indiegogos too - Skullgirls, DreadOut, and A Ghost of a Tale. Skullgirls and DreadOut are done, and A Ghost of a Tale is by a former Disney/Pixar animator, so I guess I just never felt like my money would be wasted.
>>
File: 1. Bones II Core.jpg (928KB, 540x4238px) Image search: [Google]
1. Bones II Core.jpg
928KB, 540x4238px
>>283711285
Nah, Bones II.
Pic related is what came in the Bonesylvania KS Core Set.
>>
Only two I funded were Wasteland 2 and Warmachine Tactics. I have been perfectly happy with both.
>>
>>283711529
>>283710026
i Actually own wasteland 2. i didn't know about the kickstarter. i just heard good things. I enjoy it a lot, and it's thanks to people like you that got it going.
so thanks for the risk
>>
Only Kickstarters I've backed have been Little Witch Academia and Pillars of Eternity. I know the people working on the projects, I know what to expect, and I have a reasonable belief that I'll like the end result.

Everything else can get fucked.
>>
>>283710907

>Bones 2

Mah nigga!

I still haven't even opened 90% of what I got with Bones 1. I have no clue if I'll ever have time to paint all these minis.
>>
>>283712142

I missed Fallout 1 and 2 and thought to myself that a modern game of similar style would be pretty cool if done well. Honestly, it and Divinity: Original Sin were my two contestants for game of the year last year, with Wasteland 2 coming out in front by a bit.

>>283710026

I am sorry you didn't like; I am curious why though. Not into isometric, didn't like the characters, the story, the gameplay?
>>
File: SWTacMarines1_zpsb23ba9f6.jpg (253KB, 800x398px) Image search: [Google]
SWTacMarines1_zpsb23ba9f6.jpg
253KB, 800x398px
>>283712475

>that feel
>with only an hour's work a day you could have a lovely army to show off at the local club
>>
>>283712930
>I am curious why though
The gameplay felt like a chore at launch. The multiple patches made things a little better, but combat often became standing around trading shots for twenty minutes until something died. It also felt that unless you were running only a specific handful of archtypical character builds you were purposely gimping yourself.
The heavy recycling of story points and areas from wasteland one felt less of a homage and more retreading their old work, especially with the base chochise AI suddenly being the actual end boss.
>>
I've backed /tg/ stuff like this guy >>283710907 , waiting for my bones 2 order to come in too.

Not been let down so far since you usually see what you're going to get and the price is pretty good.

Backed Castle story and Planetery Annihilation, the former I was fine with but I had no interest in PA once it was released. It was unrealistic to expect something as good as Forged Alliance from it.
>>
File: Iwanttobelieve.png (778KB, 830x618px) Image search: [Google]
Iwanttobelieve.png
778KB, 830x618px
>>283707434
yes

yes I have

it was a good and bad thing
>>
>>283714490
How is that?
>>
I backed the new Carmageddon, having so much fun with the beta.
Now that's an edgy game done right.
>>
I backed the latest Tex Murphy game Tesla Effect and The Pinball Arcades last table The Addams Family, both were successful
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.