[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What your choice of melee arms says about you >Greatsword

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 383
Thread images: 59

File: MH4U-Playable-TGS14.jpg (667KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MH4U-Playable-TGS14.jpg
667KB, 1920x1080px
What your choice of melee arms says about you

>Greatsword
You want to make every hit count. You love big numbers. You could be a noob who misses 50% of his charges, but there is a chance you're already a veteran who has studied the monsters' movement patterns and who can get "GOTCHA BITCH!" moments

>Longsword
Everyone hates you, even there are many other weapons who are worse at tripping others online now. You're either a weeb who wants to be a honoraburu samurai, but you might as well be a pro who wants to show what he can do with such a hated weapon

>Sword and Shield
Two options here. 1. You're a complete noob who doesn't even know what an item box is. 2. You're a tryhard hipster who insists on playing the least liked weapon and proving he can do well

>Dual Blades
heh.. *flys down looking at u* It is time for you.. to meet your maker. *swiftly teleports behind you and unleashes a ginjenzetsubai storm level 7, leaving you seemingly unharmed as I shadowstep behind you again* *3 seconds later you drop dead*

>Hammer
You know the hammer is very strong and you live for those moments when you break heads in. You're either a tryhard or a guy who's not very good at the game but who realized Hammer brings good results even at low skill levels

>Hunting Horn
You play a healer in MMOs. High chance of you being a beta who wants to be bossed around. Maybe you just enjoy rocking a guitar or a poogie stick though
>>
>Lance
Lances have been top tier in MH for ages, only in 4U did they get toned down a little bit. Odds are good you're a MH veteran who always loved the lance and who's not going to change that because of small adjustments. Skill levels can vary greatly between terrible players who guard lance and pros who evade lance

>Gunlance
You want to make shit explode. Lances are not radical enough and don't deliver the "boom" you seek. You will go out of your way to make sure you unload that wyvernfire in a good spot, it's what you live for

>Switchaxe
If you picked this up in 3U you either just liked how it plays or you were that guy who went "WOW COOL IT MORPHS I'M LIKE A TRANSFORMER", in which case you probably moved on to charge blade now. You rarely ever sheathe up and enjoy being able to switch between fast and slow with axe/sword. Like Gunlance players, you just love unloading the big boom that is elemental discharge

>Charge Blade
"HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER. EAT MY ULTRA BUUUUURST!" You're either a meme master, a guy who came here from Switchaxe because it's even morph-ier or a noob who uses CB because it does very well even without any skill

>Insect Glaive
You try to mount monsters every 20 seconds. You enjoy having to send your bug out to grab the different buffs. Probably a good player but your obsession over mounting pisses people off
>>
>>283572080
>>283572171
Cancer: Episodes I and II
>>
Literally kill yourself. Especially for that SNS comment.
>>
>>283573186
Guess I hit too close at home
>>
But what I im a noob who uses CB because I like the satisfying *SMACK* I hear when hitting shit?
>>
>>283572080
Literally GS and LC are your only options: the post.
>>
File: 1337721178688.jpg (110KB, 350x377px) Image search: [Google]
1337721178688.jpg
110KB, 350x377px
>>283572080
>>
I like the Charge Blade because my viking blood commands it.
>>
Shit-tier lance user detected.
>>
Dual shields
>>
File: claw3.webm (3MB, 640x480px)
claw3.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>283572080
CLAW!
>>
>>283574879
Who the hell plays like this?

Ridiculous
>>
File: sudoku.png (342KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
sudoku.png
342KB, 394x394px
>dual blades is the least popular weapon
>literally disliked because you're stuck chopping at feet the whole fight while other people smash faces or chop tails off like men
>people still have the nerve to bully dual blades
I'm utterly baffled that people still defend hammer and greatsword as "what the good players use" and not the meme charge2win weapons.
>>
>>283574879
>Not just using the monster lock feature at that point
why
>>
>>283572080
ITS OK OP YOU CAN DUAL WIELD MY COCK AND MY DRAGON DILDO ;)))

NOICE FUG :D

ME
>>
>>283575610
Average DS player right here

Observe him
>>
>MH4U was LITERALLY my first ever MH game: The Thread
>>
File: Your attention.jpg (10KB, 251x223px) Image search: [Google]
Your attention.jpg
10KB, 251x223px
Why is Sword and Shield considered the worst weapon?
>>
>>283576359
weakest and doesn't do anything particularly well.

LS and DB can apply elements just as well and do more damage and it's shield is shit.

If you are using it and enjoying it, don't worry about it. Just keep having fun.
>>
>>283576681
>weakest and doesn't do anything particularly well
Why does everyone on /v/ think we're still playing FU or Tri?
>>
>>283576772
Pray tell, what does the SnS offer that the DB's don't in 4u?
>>
>>Insect Glaive
>[...] but your obsession over mounting pisses people off
And why exactly would people be pissed off by this? If anything I'm pissed off when they screw me over while I'm trying to bring the monster down. I'm giving them time to whet their blades, heal and stuff like that, after which they can land free hits.
>>
>>283577051
Because people get pissed off over the most inane little shit when playing games, nowadays.
>>
>Dual Blades
Dual blades would be infinitely more interesting if your main priority weren't to spam demon dance, I sorta wished they would have addressed this by now.
>SnS
I wish SnS could leap, being able to use items doesn't really make up for the severe lack of damage (though the element power is pretty good). Even with the new charge attack it's pretty shitty in comparison to anything else.
>Insect Glaive
Been using it a lot, and it seems too strong for how agile it is. Being able to leap is a huge utility and I think it needs to suffer a damage nerf to make up for it. Buffing yourself with the bug tends to feel like more effort than it's worth, considering it lasts about a minute and you have to constantly spam one of your weakest attacks to even get it up and running.
>Switch Axe
I want to like this weapon but I feel like it's a step in the wrong direction. Phial discharge is cool as hell but the way the attacks are designed are unlike most other weapons. Basically everything combos infinitely and there doesn't feel like there's any rhyme or reason to perform certain attacks over others. Whereas most weapons have a clear decision of how you should perform combos, swaxe feels like a weapon for a button masher.
>>
File: Tier time.jpg (177KB, 1061x549px) Image search: [Google]
Tier time.jpg
177KB, 1061x549px
Right, let's settle this.

Make your tier charts for MH weapons:
http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/usf4/index.html#bk5

Ryu = SnS
Ken = GS
Chun li = LS
Blanka = DS
Cammy = Hammer
Sakura = HuntHorn
Sagat = Lance
Bison = GL
Balrog = SA
Vega = CharBla
Dalsim = BugStick

Gunners need not apply
>>
>>283578047
IG buff lasts longer later on
>>
What is this shit?

Also, why the fuck would anyone pick a single melee weapon to exclusively use?

In MHFU I switched between dual blades, greatswords, gunlances and longswords for the laughs.

It's like you don't want any variety from your grindfest.
>>
>>283574879
>People still play like this outside of the PSP
Afraid of change, can't adapt, etc.
>>
Gun Lance user here.
I can confirm that I live for the explosion and you can suck my wyvern fire, I don't even care.
>>
>Melee
Where my heavy bowgunners at?
>>
>>283572080
This is why I hate lance users.
>>
>>283578428
But I'm not a lance user
>>
File: fuck off.gif (119KB, 320x600px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.gif
119KB, 320x600px
>>283572080
>>283572171

>the only good players are Lance and Glave users
>>
My 3ds' right trigger only works some of the time, anyone know a fix? Only being able to sprint/change to sword mode some of the time is fucking killing me.
>>
File: 1355212733775.jpg (19KB, 192x160px) Image search: [Google]
1355212733775.jpg
19KB, 192x160px
Absolute shit tier noob to MH here. I tried the demo and didn't like the Greatsword or the Lance but I did like the Gunlance. Am I a scrub?

Also, how do I lock onto a monster or immobilize it? They keep running circles around me and dodging my shit. What's the deal with the cats?
>>
>Just recently got into MH3U
>Chose Lance because I like using lances/spears/halberds in vidya
>Poke monsters in the ass until I manage to poke Ceadeus enough to get to High Rank

I know it's not the most efficient weapon or the most powerful, but goddamn it's fun to block a giant fireball and counter with a stab that takes a tail off.

Fuck the Gigginox though, it's hitbox seems to be the antithesis of my move set.
>>
>>283578578
>Am I a scrub?

No. There is no such thing as scrub weapons in MH except the longsword and anyone who tells you otherwise is a memefaggot trying to stir shit up
>>
>>283578578
Why would that make you a scrub?

You can't lock on to monsters, only look in their direction (readjust camera) with the L trigger. It's not a permanent lockon though.
>>
>>283576865
>Item usage while unsheathed.
>Quickest block animation bar lances.
>Roll out of any attack quickly.
>Higher abnornal status effect chance.
>High sharpness and affinity.
>Easy to upgrade.
>>
>>283578578
Click the monster's icon on the bottom screen to lock it, push L to face toward it once locked.
Monsters have sort of a "stagger threshold" based on damage to each area of their body, dealing enough damage to a single part will topple them over.
>>
>>283572080
>Greatsword
>you're already a veteran who has studied the monsters' movement patterns
The game just fucking came out.

>Sword and Shield
>playing the least liked weapon
That's not LS

>Dual Blades
Memeposting

>Hammer
>or a guy that's not very good at the game
You HAVE to be good at the game to play hammer because all you have is a fucking roll dodge. If you aren't good with hammer you are going to get fucking carted every 2 seconds.

Everything else is whatever
>>
All the weapons feel like wet noodles when I slap them against the gorillion health dinosaurs. I don't want to stunlock the thing, but any reaction to my weapon that's as big as the dinosaur I'm fighting would be nice.
>>
>>283578685
It's funny because longsword trips less than other weapons now and is harder to use too.
>>
>>283578870
>The game just fucking came out.
75% of the monsters are from older games
>>
>>283575260
I have no idea why people dislike dual blades. They're good utility, good damage, can cut tails, can break parts becaue blade dance is uninterruptible, and most importantly, they stay out of the fucking way and don't trip people.

Not to mention a shitty dual blades will at least hit the monster and contribute, whereas your average dime-a-dozen fuck-awful greatsworder/hammer will never hit anything, and generally just piss everyone off with constant tripping and launching.
>>
>>283578870
>You HAVE to be good at the game to play hammer

Fucking lol

Hammer is beyond easy to use
I'd go as far as to say it's the EASIEST weapon out of all. It has a low skill ceiling, but it's very good
>>
>>283578191
Way too much work, anon. It would be easier to just type the tier list.
>>
>>283579025
>It has a low skill ceiling,
No, it has a low skill floor. It has one of the highest skill ceilings out of all the weapons.
>>
>>283579025
Now riddle me this. Are you as I stated already good at the game? Meaning this isn't your first Monster Hunter? Or are you a total fucking scrub?
If the former, then my point is still valid.
>>
I want to use small bowguns.

To where do I send my manhood?
>>
>>283579081

Fine, in that case.

Tier lists:

Good:

Meh:

Shit:

Fill em up!
SnS
GS
LS
DS
Hammer
HuntHorn
Lance
GL
SA
CharBla
BugStick
>>
>>283572080

>hammer
>or a guy who's not very good at the game but who realized Hammer brings good results even at low skill levels

exactly this. i love how it feels when a timed swing connects but the raw damage compensates for some of my mistakes..just fought my first low rnak rathian..it killed me (it was limping though) but I KNOW i will kill it tzhe next time i try..and then a second time and a third.

>Longsword
You're either a weeb who wants to be a honoraburu samurai, but you might as well be a pro who wants to show what he can do with such a hated weapon

neither. i like the fell and i felt GS is not great for noobs like me..
at the moment im using the chainsword (so great)

i´m hooked
>>
Are attack speed differences a thing? I just upgraded my gunlance and I swear it combos faster than it used to.
>>
>>283579224
Into the monster repeatedly with rapid fire status shots and into all of the pretty hunter sluts dripping wet with the thought of giving you their parashrooms.

Provided you don't cart because you're made of papier-mache.
>>
>>283576865

Ability to use bombs to outdamage dual swords.
Best group support through Mushroom lover.
While outperformed on the elemental department, actually has decent status values.
>>
>>283579382
ooops im playing mh3u sorry

and i just realised that i type like a mongoloid spastic..must be the wine..
>>
>>283579426
No, you're just getting the timing better.
>>
>>283577051
In addition to that, don't aerial attacks deal extra damage? You're not really losing anything in trying.
>>
So lance is for faggots and gunlace is for manly men?
>>
>>283579664

Aerial attacks don't deal extra damage in exception for some specific weapons.
Furthermore, the downtime caused by watching the player trying to hump the monster tends to be a bigger hit to your dps than just fighting it in the meanwhile.
Mounting is great for getting monsters out of rage mode or to create an opening.
It's shit to spam the entire fight.
>>
>>283579814
Fair enough. I read somewhere that they did, but I was taking it with a grain of salt.
>>
About how long do you have to wait between Mount attempts?
>>
>>283580110
Feels to me about 3-5 minutes
>>
>>283579709
Any weapon with shields are turtling faggots

SnS, L, GL, CB = Faggots
Special kind of faggots = GS users who blocks
>>
File: 1290776117239.gif (2MB, 315x275px) Image search: [Google]
1290776117239.gif
2MB, 315x275px
how does the mounting attack work? haven't figured out how to properly attack/ not get thrown out yet
>>
>>283580263
Mash X while the dragon head is blue, hold R while it's red/orange. If you mash X while holding R you'll get thrown off.
>>
>>283580263

You press Y to knock the monster down, you hold R to steady yourself on the monster's back.
Then you try to fill the "knock down bar" before the monster is capable of throwing you off.
Steadying requires stamina and thus requires to be timed, and you can't steady while stabbing or directly after stabbing.
>>
>>283572080
Not even involved in MH but 'tryhard' was a word invented by deadweights who want a buzzword to bitch about people who curbstomp their shit.

I wouldn't consider using supposedly shit items to be 'tryhard'. The point is that they want to win so they use the best winning conditions.

At least learn what buzzwords mean before throwing them around.
>>
>>283580225
Its true. I use L so I don't have to git gud at dodging attacks. I can backstep or shield
>>
>>283578597
>Lance
>not the most efficient and powerful

shit i hate how the lance feels, but the only weapon that comes close to it is the hammer. i still think its retarded the lance does impact and slashing damage based on the hitzone.
>>
File: 1421654923624.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1421654923624.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>283579331
Good:
LS
Meh:

Shit:
Fill em up!
SnS
GS
DS
Hammer
HuntHorn
Lance
GL
SA
CharBla
BugStick
Other Hunters
>>
>>283579160
>low skill floor

this would mean its hard to use.
>>
>>283578191
>God tier
What you don't use
>Shit tier
What you use
>What the fuck are you doing tier
Your favorite weapon
>>
>>283580363
To add to this, the dragon head turns red because the monster is resisting your Mount--either by trying to buck you off, or roaring. The camera centers on you when it's not doing anything, so you can use that and learn the monster's buck pattern and roar animation to improve your timing.
>>
>>283580225
But that's wrong. Pro lance players literally never block, they only evade and keep attacking nonstop
>>
>>283572080
As far as I'm concerned, if you can't kill every monster with every weapon, you're shit at Monster Hunter regardless of your weapon choice.
>>
God you're annoying
>>
>>283580778
It means the exact opposite, it's piss easy as fuck to use. If the skill floor was high that means it would be inaccessible to noob players.
>>
I'm brand new to the game and want to use the gunlance but I am concerned about sharpness.

I read that each shot reduces the sharpness of my weapon by an entire sharpness level, so, after four shots i'm on minimum sharpness? My gun holds five shots and I see people in videos using shot combos all the time, what am I missing?
>>
>>283580863
Don't you need armor skills for that though?
>>
>>283581156
>read that each shot reduces the sharpness of my weapon by an entire sharpness level

That's so fucking wrong, wherever you read that from isn't good info.
>>
>>283575203
That's how I play Dark Souls when it comes to the face buttons
>>
>>283581156
Sharpness is measured in pixels IIRC. So each shot would reduce your current sharpness by 1 pixel. Having used GL myself, that is incredibly inaccurate. It's more likt 1/4 a pixel per shot
>>
>>283572080
As a longsword user:
I began with LS because it was the most scrub friendly weapon, did well with it and kept using it.
also i'm using a parlysis sword so fuck honor
>>
>>283576359
Because people don't use items. If you bring traps, bombs, and materials to every fight, sns is fun.
>>
>play Greatsword
>always feel like I should play some weapon that's more than just "time your big charge attack"

I mean yeah I enjoy those but there's not a ton of variety here when playing GS

Hammer feels the same way. Very few movies you actually do
>>
>>283581445
LS is by far not the most scrub friendly

It takes still just to get to a red gauge without wasting minutes

And if your red gauge runs out it's fully gone now
>>
>>283578292

Nigga its just what were most used to. I find it strange that you people get so hostile over it. Does it irk you that I dont want to use nintendos oh so elegantly provided options?
>>
>>283578578
>didn't like the Greatsword

Greatsword protip from someone with only meager MH knowledge:

Dodge. You can dodgeroll after every attack. It'll make the greatsword feel much less like an immobilizing brick.
>>
>>283581605
No it irks me that people have to post about it on 4chan like they are better hunters or something because they still use the claw. Why make a webm about it? Nobody cares that you're a masochist.
>>
Are there damage charts for individual attacks yet?
I'm curious which IS attacks are most effective and how worthwhile getting the buffs are.
>>
>>283581493
Except that's not true for the hammer, even though there's a limited move set I end up using all of them in different situations, especially the light A tap into the combo when I need to stun, and varying charge level combos.
>>
>>283580828
>Roaring can knock you off
This shit pisses me off because Roaring is any monsters "Get out of jail free" card and they abuse that shit too much
>>
Only slow weapons have the highest skill cap, because they are reliant on being able to count stagger thresholds to do damage.

Doubly so for blunt, timing stagger/ko/mount chains turns monsters into punching bags, while failing to do so results in garbage damage and constant damage taken.
>>
>>283581697
I always roll while usin GS. Is blocking even viable with it? I've never tried but it seems like a time waster to block as opposed to rolling
>>
>>283581758

Just to show its do able. Why are you still so hostile? Why do you assume these are posted to shit on people who dont claw? I honestly see more people like you shitting on the claw than claw users shitting on 3ds options in any hostile way
>>
>>283582157
If you can roll, roll.
If rolling wont work, block
If rolling wont work and you have enough time, roll and block
>>
If you walk by the merchant and the music changes, that means there's a half-off sale.
>>
>>283582157
Protip: Block monster roars, then set up a charge in their recovery animation.
>>
File: git gud.png (3KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
git gud.png
3KB, 100x100px
>>283582296
>blocking
>on GS
git gud
>>
>>283582157
Blocking reduces sharpness so roll when you can.
Though I can't think of any times where I'd rather block than roll out of the way.
>>
>>283578047

The Insect Glaive buff is totally worth it. You can mark the enemies with R (either shoot a long range shot by pressing R and then letting it go or hitting R after any melee attack) to make your bug more likely to get that buff. At the very least you want to get attack + something else, but all 3 really turns you into a monster killing machine.

>Switch Axe

You hit buttons depending on what you need to hit. If you have time use the slower heavy attacks, otherwise use the quick attacks and get out. Plus the reach attack for high tails (Diablos).

I went Sword Mode in 3U pretty much whenever I could though.
>>
>>283582162
How am I being hostile? I haven't even called you a faggot yet. Stop painting me to be a sperg and don't take posts too seriously. Claw all you want.
>>
>>283580863
Countering long roars, extended ones can't be evaded through.
>>
I only use Guns... is that bad? No one has complained and the fights don't really last that long.
>>
>>283581445
LS was my weapon of choice in MHFU because it's scrub friendly for me when I first pick the game up

MH3P I still pick LS but it feels less friendly in this iteration
>>
>>283582601
>No it irks me that people have to post about it on 4chan like they are better hunters or something
> Nobody cares that you're a masochist.

If you dotnt want us to think youre a flaming angry sperg then dont post like one
>>
File: 1423431947085.png (2MB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1423431947085.png
2MB, 850x1133px
>What OP says about hunting horn.

Please, let's not perpetuate this stereotype.

The hunting horn user isn't a "healer" or a bard or some shit. The hunting horn user is fucking awesome and beats ass to smooth jazz.

Fuck you.
>>
>>283582785
m8 smooth jazz is fucking fedora-core
>>
This is 100% accurate
>>
>>283578047
>SnS
>severe lack of damage
I know you addressed it, but you shouldn't be playing SnS period if you aren't going to be utilizing elemental weaknesses.
>>
1 HH and 3 DS shreds through everything with ease. Attack up + stamina, get a mount or trap -> KO while DS DD's for like 30 seconds straight.
>>
>>283582753
Hey I was just going with what you said. I just fell into your trap. You were the one who said I was irked in the first place. I guess you got me doho.
>>
>>283582785

Let me fix that for you

The hunting horn user is a healershit. The hunting horn user is usually useless and beats off to man ass.
>>
>>283582708
As long as you're not spamming scattershot on your team.
>>
>>283581156
GL shots reduce the same amount of sharpness as 2 normal hits
>>
File: jazz-for-your-soul-3[1].jpg (64KB, 500x654px) Image search: [Google]
jazz-for-your-soul-3[1].jpg
64KB, 500x654px
>>283582896
but jazz for your soul tho
>>
>>283582438

It works in some situations where rolling isn't an option. It's handy in situations but shouldn't be spammed or used like lance's shield.
>>
>>283578047
>Basically everything combos infinitely and there doesn't feel like there's any rhyme or reason to perform certain attacks over others.

get this

im gonna blow youre fuckin mind

different attacks you know? their good in different situations
>>
>>283579020
theyre literally all I use, I have 2000~ hunts with them in 3U and 0 with everything else. They are just so fucking fun.
>>
File: fling.jpg (76KB, 446x500px)
fling.jpg
76KB, 446x500px
>>283572080
>hating on the Longsword
pshh, nothin personell kid.
>>
>>283582157
Only faggots block
Real hunters roll
>>
>>283572171
>>283572080

Truly a sad day when monhon discussion becomes this cancerous on /v/.

>inb4 it was always like this
>>
Did gunlances get nerfed to low tier weapons in 4U?

I see almost no one playing em
>>
What's the best Monster Hunter that I can emulate?
>>
File: 1399397710882.png (362KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1399397710882.png
362KB, 700x700px
>>283582785
I've never seen a boipussy with such a hot head.
>>
>>283583529
There used to be almost no MH discussion on /v/. Suddenly everyone gives a shit now and the limited editions are all sold out
>>
File: monshunt3.jpg (79KB, 630x353px) Image search: [Google]
monshunt3.jpg
79KB, 630x353px
how do I get this outfit?
>>
>>283583685
Freedom Unite on PPSSPP
>>
What makes the lance/gunlance so good? They seem really awkward and weak to me

Also, how do I fix up a piece of equipment I find on a hunt? Is there a certain thing I can create to polish it up?
>>
>>283583726
You have to pay 599 nintendo shekels
>>
>>283572171
>Guardlance
>Bad
>I can't counter
>>
>>283583694
Again, the hunting horn is a lot manlier than your shitty sword and shield/cutting weapons.
>>283583114
You sound like someone who has never used it.
>>
>>283583529

m8, we've always shat on other weapon users just because.

Hell, there's an old picture of monster hunter threads being peaceful until someone calls out someone's weapon of choice. You just hate fun.
>>
>>283583821
Where at?
I talked to the cat and it said no information on downloadable content
>>
I'm not a fan of ridiculous looking way OTT weapons and armour; monster hunter games generally have good gear looking completely fucking retarded and low-end shit gear looking sensible and practical. Is there anything akin to WoW's transmog?

The idea of starting out looking like a world-weary knight and ending up looking like a tron character wielding a dragon dildo doesn't appeal to me.
>>
I'm a Great Sword user. I want to get better. Anyone got any good strategies?
>>
>mained LS, GS, lance, GL in previous games
>never used SnS
>maining SnS in 4u
>loving the fuck out of it
Why didn't I try this earlier. It's so fun.
>>
>>283580225
I only block when I solo village quests, online I go yolo for the damage... As it should be
>>
>>283584016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9NYYewCSxo
Watch this video.
Study this video.
>>
>>283583928

I think you're missing the difference. Back then it was tongue in cheek fun but here it's just attacking other people for using or not using a weapon. /v/ is too hostile lately, it's hardly fun.
>>
>>283583979

dlc starts in march

and it takes awhile for dlc to come along so its gonna be awhile
>>
>>283584323
>/v/ is too hostile lately
>lately
Are you new here? /v/ gets into arguments over what pizza topping is the best. Get a thicker skin jesus.
>>
File: 1275712741653.jpg (284KB, 1280x724px) Image search: [Google]
1275712741653.jpg
284KB, 1280x724px
Looking for any and all people doing 2* quests or hunter bros who are willing to do 2* quests.

37-3233-3341-9255
>>
Let the monster come to you, or get right in its face and fuck it up?
>>
I downloaded the game from eshop and can't figure out how to get the theme.

If I enter the code into the eshop it tells me to use it in-game.
In-game I can't find anywhere to use it!
>>
>>283584427

You're the one who's new if you think that the angry /v/irgin who doesn't like anything stereotype is real.
>>
>>283583685
>>283583760
No, P3rd with the english patch
You can also emulate Tri pretty well.
>>
>>283584624
Alright just deflect back onto me then. Enjoy your stay here!
>>
>>283574879
>missing like crazy
M-MUH CLAW!
>>
>>283584519
>already full
;_;
>>
>>283581113
Skill Ceiling
>the max possible performance
Skill Floor
>the min possible performance
>>
>>283584849
Having to reach over the touch screen border makes it bullshit to do.
>>
there are two threads up so im gonna ask in both, is gore armor worth the plate farm?
>>
>>283573186
So is there any real proof the SNS is real good in MH4U?
>>
File: 1421102020962.jpg (72KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1421102020962.jpg
72KB, 531x471px
>>283574879
I find that really revolting.
>>
>>283585226
get ceanataur helm, gore mail, ceanataur braces, gore faulds and ally greaves for dat sharpness.
>>
>>283584935
Open your own lobby. I'll join anon
>>
>>283584746

Anything I know before I start playing P3rd? I've never played these types of games before.
>>
Join my room. Doing 2* missions
09-6207-9436-2364
passcode: 1234
>>
>>283585448
It's the easiest one with all the content in it.
Tri is easier, but being the first game of the generation it has piss for content.
>>
>>283580363

>blue

It's green
>>
>>283583985
there's always souls games
>>
>>283572080
>mfw I used longsword and am not a weeb, but am honoraburu.

I also wouldn't hit monsters when they were knocked down.

I do the same thing in online games and it constantly gets me killed, especially in mmos where stuns and knockdowns are what wins fights

Also, I'm a shit player that never got past the 3rd monster in freedom
>>
Is MH3U's online still alive?
>>
File: worldsofmagic.jpg (36KB, 365x413px) Image search: [Google]
worldsofmagic.jpg
36KB, 365x413px
>tfw Monhun still hasn't arrived in the mail
>MM 3ds still hasen't shipped
I should never have bothered with all this collectors edition bullshit. If I ordered this tat off amazon I would have had it on Friday.
>>
>>283586424
At least the CE is sold near you.
>>
File: 1411701250775.jpg (62KB, 520x599px) Image search: [Google]
1411701250775.jpg
62KB, 520x599px
>>283586648
Honestly, I really need to kick the habit of buying up all that shit. Its mostly a waste of money for some dumbass cheap shit. I would probably be better off using the money for actual monster hunter merch rather than some dried jizz magala figure.
>>
File: 7568568.png (107KB, 339x319px) Image search: [Google]
7568568.png
107KB, 339x319px
>>283585226
Depends if gore plate is very rare like rathalos or rathian then I say absolutely no. Save your plates for weapons or G rank armor. Otherwise you will replace that low rank armor later and waste your plates.
>>
>>283572080
your reasons are shit
I main sns because I like the speed and versatility of the weapon and I like having the shield for being defencive
>>
>>283579020

They're also top tier status weapons, I don't know if slime has been toned down in 4U (haven't got slime weaps yet) but the dios slicers were fucking monstrous in 3U.
>>
>>283586875
>Figures
Where can I get my hands on some anyway?
Are they even available in Australia?
>>
>>283572080

What your thread says about you :

You're a tryhard.
>>
File: 1393139735962.jpg (55KB, 625x262px) Image search: [Google]
1393139735962.jpg
55KB, 625x262px
>>283585073
anon that's wrong
Skill floor is the minimum amount of skill needed to perform adequately
>>
>GS
An obnoxious Berserk fan who wants to be "the guy wielding a huge sword" in every single they play; worse than paladinfags, thief fags, and magefags

>LS
Think they are as cool as Sephiroth (note: they think Sephiroth is cool in the first place), the most likely to be shit at the game

>SnS
The very definition of fossils who are too afraid to get out of their comfort bubble. They always pick the cover character in fighting games. They took the career their parents told them to take without questions.

>DS
A GoW fanboy who despises MH not being a quick buttonmasher, yet still plays the game instead of switching to his shitty masher of preference, trying to desperately influence the community

>Hammer
Similar to Berserk fans, but more attached to the western culture instead. Does Real Life RP as a Dwarf, smells like shit.

>HH
Highest chances of being faggots IRL, they claim to look "fabulous" when infact they are taxing the team by not playing it properly

>Lance
Always passive and on the defensive, they finally found their perfect game to be slow and useless at

>GL
Just like the above, except is from america

>SA
Overuses the the big charge and the infinite swing, thinking he's dealing great damage. Is delusional IRL.

>Bow
The ultimate combination of being useless, shit at the game, and a weeaboo. You are a disgrace to humanity and should probably consier killing yourself

>Bowgun
You asked your mom to buy you Call of Duty but she got this instead, as she was concerned the former was too violent. You hate the game, quit already.
>>
Anyone wanna do 3* quests?
04-8233-1589-5822
pass: 1337
>>
File: 1421710002809.png (361KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1421710002809.png
361KB, 600x600px
>Kill S. Magala
>still have done literally no online quests

Anyone down to smash out some shitty quests?
>>
>>283587509
You know the rule
Pls /v/ I need this ;_;
>>
File: eat shit.png (483KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
eat shit.png
483KB, 600x800px
>>283572080
>if I don't like it its shit
you can fuck right off
>>
>>283572080
>>283572171
>no mention of Bow, light/heavy bowguns

>not using all weapons
>being this much of a casual
>>
>>283587628
What about Charge axe?
>>
File: 1413319498866.jpg (14KB, 152x156px) Image search: [Google]
1413319498866.jpg
14KB, 152x156px
AUTISM INCOMING
Playing MH3U because i want to finish it before moving to MH4U.
AND FUCKING GOD DAMN I HAVEN'T BEEN ANGRY AT VIDEOGAMES IN A REALLY LONG FUCKING TIME.
fuck. FUCK UNDERWATER BATTLES, MY PROBLEM IS HOW POORLY AND UNCONFORTABLY THEY CONTROL.
WHY IS SWIMMING SO FUCKING SLOW? EVEN WITH THE "run" BUTTON YOUR MOVEMENT IS SLOW AS SHIT, IT'S FUCKING UNFAIR BECAUSE 90% OF THE WATER MONSTERS MOVE AT 50 TIMES YOUR SPEED.
IT'S FUCKING TEDIOUS TO CHASE A MONSTER AROUND JUST FOR IT TO DO A FAST AS FUCK ALMOST UNAVOIDABLE ATTACK BECAUSE DODGING UNDERWATER IS GOD DAMN SHIT.
FUCK WHOEVER DESIGNED THE UNDERWATER SYSTEM THIS WAY, FUCK THEM, SERIOUSLY.
I JUST WANT TO HUNT THE MONSTERS I WANT TO GET THE COOL MATERIALS I NEED, BUT NO, I HAVE TO HUNT THESE FUCKING WATER SHITTERS FIRST, HOW FUCKING FUN IS THAT.
SERIOUSLY, IT'S SO FUN TO RUN OUT OF TIME BECAUSE THE MONSTER KEEPS RUNNING AWAY LIKE A FUCKING BITCH AT MACH SPEED AND IM HERE TRYING TO CATCH UP TO HIM AT THE SPEED OF A FUCKING RETARDED SNAIL.
Sorry about my saltiness, but come on, it's bullshit.
>>
>>283587628
Somehow you manage to be more of a faggot than OP.
>>
>>283587509
so you're saying a person can stand below the metaphorical floor in skill floor? that's some buggy shit in your metaphor.
>>
>>283588058
you sound like a huge faggot holy shit
>>
>>283588058
quit getting mad at video games
>>
Has Dangan Ronpa 2 been translated?
>>
>>283588058
>RUN OUT OF TIME BECAUSE THE MONSTER KEEPS RUNNING AWAY
I think you're just shit at the game, mate.
Maybe I'd let you off if you were talking about Duramboros with the wrong element weapon.
>>
>>283587628
Let me guess you play charge blade or insect glaive
>>
>>283582162
you're the kind of people who play FPS with a controller.
>>
>tfw no game that's just a spinoff where you play as a felyne meowster and can purrsue different career pawths like becoming a chef or a palico or a meowrchant
>>
File: claw.webm (3MB, 640x480px)
claw.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>283578292
CLAW!
>>
>>283588481
>>283588506
Sorry mates, i just released my inner autism.
>>283588645
No really, i hit the monster like three times (because i'm too busy dodging all the shit he throws at me) and then he runs to a new area, and repeats this process until the time runs out.
>>
31h to high rank, including the grinding time to make Zin HBG, Rathian HBG, and Velociprey armor, along with completing every quest, good time?
>>
>>283587705

Dual Sword shitter detected
>>
>>283589174

That's slow as shit
>>
>>283574879

Getting hit by Gyp.

Ever.

Just quit now.
>>
File: MH4-Nerscylla_Render_001.png (705KB, 652x774px) Image search: [Google]
MH4-Nerscylla_Render_001.png
705KB, 652x774px
Any tips for breaking the poison spike? Also the spike is the purple thing on her back right and not her stinger?
>>
>>283589497
Shoot the back.

Succesfully mount.

Sleep bomb.
>>
>>283588608
It came out for the Vita last year.
>>
>>283587628
Do you sleep with the pillow between your legs, or are you more of a face down full of tears kinda guy?
>>
Did the lance/gunlance get any new moves?
>>
>>283588995
That should never happen. Either you're bullshitting, hiding something (for instance the fact that there was more than one large monster in that area of the map), it was a one off event or your game is fucking bugged.
Or maybe you're just swimming around like a sperg lord because you have a bad setup on your second screen. I'm not saying the swimming was amazing, but it is in no way so bad that you can only get three hits in before the monster pisses off to find a more interesting opponent, like a jaggi or something.
>>
>>283589608
>Succesfully mount.
Just managing to topple it will break?
>>
>>283589750
Usually you have to do it twice i think.
>>
>Avian Finebone

Holy shit there's nothing worse than items you can only get from carving small monsters
>>
>>283589750
Mounting does huge damage to back parts.
>>
>>283578292
>people still play the psp when ppsspp exists
I play monster hunter p3rd with an xbox controller.
>>
>>283589348
Even for 100%ing LR?
>>
>>283572080
>STOP PLAYING WEAPONS I DON'T LIKE

I use the SnS because I'm fucking tired of slogging around and just want to go fast.

Plus the paralysis status is goat
>>
>>283590143
If you want to go fast, why not use DS?
>>
File: ZQVoBal.jpg (131KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ZQVoBal.jpg
131KB, 1920x1080px
>>283587628
>I can't get that sword up top there
Completely fucking shamelessly I'd swing that around all day.
>>
>>283585268
I'm having zero issues solo hunting at HR.

Takes me about 15 minutes to down a monster though.
>>
>>283582896
>Doesn't like a musical genre because of a perceived reputation it carrys
>>
>>283590143
dont you get tired of things taking forever to die?
>>
>>283589609
Oh yeah.
>>
>first frozen seaway quest
>guildmarm says something about the flavor of the hot drinks
>I accidentally pressed B and skipped through the last sentence

I have to know what she said the flavor is like.
>>
>>283589497
Yes, they are the huge spikes on her back. Mounting it does decent damage to the poison spikes. Also fighting below the web canopy and fighting her with a weapon that can hit high up (CB's axe mode is extremely good at this) while she is hanging from the canopy.
>>
>>283589979
>>283589868
That is going to be a must with basarios isn't it?
>>
Say, is :< a online only monster or can you fight him on the village quests?
>>
>>283589613
Lance can jump out of a charge and actually mount some monsters like a ghetto insect glaive but otherwise is pretty much the same.
>>
>>283586875
You'd be better of using the money to put into a bank account and eventually buy something valuable, like a house.
>>
>>283572080
>GS

Yup. You know me well.
>>
So is the charge blade living up or down to it's reputation?
I've tried most of the weapons so far and I don't want to use anything else after unloading my phials into Kecha Wacha's hot monkey dick.
>>
>>283587684
I'm going to assume whatever that armor/bugstaff is, it'll be exclusive to Japan. We never get anything good ;_;
>>
>>283578562
Yeah, pretty simple fix man:
buy a new 3DS
>>
File: angry moth.gif (580KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
angry moth.gif
580KB, 480x360px
Are there any IG pros in the house? It seems like kinsects are linked to a particular glaive. Does that mean every glaive you make should be made more or less according to the same recipe? Basically the ones listed here:

>http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/101073637097/mh4g-guide-to-the-new-rare-kinsects-glaive
>>
File: tumblr_mpxzh2IB0w1s63ta8o1_400.gif (913KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpxzh2IB0w1s63ta8o1_400.gif
913KB, 400x225px
>>283586424
Man, I got the jew level shipping from gamestop for my mh3ds and it got here friday by some black magic fuckery.
>mfw I bought the digital version that morning
>>
>longsword
>samurai
You havin a giggle mate?
>>
File: ayy lmao.gif (1MB, 268x304px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.gif
1MB, 268x304px
>mfw Tigrex with randoms
>>
>>283587684
I'm still pissed at the lack of JoJo items in MH3U

At least we're guaranteed to get the silly Nintendo crossover items
>>
>>283590375
SnS kills stuff around the same time as other weapons really
>>
>>283590279

>Literally the fucking dragonslayer

Why hasn't there been a MonHun/Berserk crossover yet? Just give me the fucking sword.
>>
To anyone wondering, if you're wanting to try out heavy bowgun, frenzy Tigrex does not make the best target practice, especially if you have the taunt skill.
>>
>>283591351
If you're a scrub that spends a lot of time getting hit if you don't have a shield.
>>
Do longswords get competitive kill times?

It's the only weapon I don't do well with for some reason and I want to change that, play it exclusively for a while to force myself to learn it.

But if LS is fucked in the end then eh..
>>
>>283591432
Capcom already spent their Berserk crossover money on Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>283591550
you can use any fucking weapon you want to. So long as you get good with it, and don't fuck up anyone you're hunting with.
>>
>Zinogre armor

THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER
>>
Post sexy Guildmarm
>>
File: HERE I GO.webm (3MB, 640x360px)
HERE I GO.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>283592794
>>
>>283590279
I think there is a smaller version of it stuck in the forge when you reach the felynx town
>>
>Deviljho appears in the Emerald Congalala quest

Jho pls go
>>
File: 98797987.gif (493KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
98797987.gif
493KB, 500x281px
>>283593119
Man, I can still fucking hear it after years of not watching
>>
>>283593119
His opponent has literally all the time in the world to fucking stick his robot dick up Domon's ass while he finishes his final smash animation.

Still cool as fuck though.
>>
>>283593629
Welcome to every anime ever.
>>
>>283572080
>>283572171
>OP
Your a faggot who shitposts on an Anime Image board. The only person the person the planet who has sucked as much cock as you is your mother. Your anus is the Sweden of buttholes and you think the term "taste the rainbow" in unrelated to skittles.
>>
I'm just about done with Harth now and haven't done any Guild Hall stuff.

Should I look into doing that shit or is it post story stuff?
>>
alright i just finished kecha armor set, and the tetsu GS, what should i go for next as an armor set and weapon?
>>
>>283595921

You're gonna be using the Tetsu GS for a while. I upgraded to Brazenwall and beat the low rank with it, but that comes literally just before the final boss.
>>
how in the fuck do i kill barioth?
his side tackle attack has an absurd big hitbox that i can't seem to avoid no matter what i do.
And he's fucking fast as shit to top it all of.
Help me /v/
>>
File: shitposting.jpg (134KB, 760x680px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting.jpg
134KB, 760x680px
>>
>>283596165

>This is what retards actually believe
>>
Okay so I just fought a Khezu in expedition and the music isn't playing. Is this some throwback to FU when it doesn't play sometimes?
>>
Playing the demo and can't decide what weapon I like. Im looking for a fast melee weapon, but none of them really fit so far. Im really liking the Dual Blades and the Hunting Horn
>>
>>283572080
>>283572171

What are you trying to accomplish with these posts
>>
So can I only get monster broth from HR quests online, or can I get them in alteroths in the offline quests. I'm at 6 star right now
>>
>>283596262
khezu has no music, ever.
>>
File: 1421284600396.jpg (100KB, 872x640px) Image search: [Google]
1421284600396.jpg
100KB, 872x640px
>want to be a gunner in online
>have to waste all those resources on ammo
>have to make gunner specific set

being a gunner is suffering
>>
>>283596262
>Khezu
>music
>>
>>283596741
>>283596641
Just looked on the wiki & it doesn't activate yellow sighted by monster status either. How have I never noticed this?
>>
>>283589996
muh nigga, ppsspp upscales monhun like a dream
>>
File: 1377775607529.png (18KB, 209x228px) Image search: [Google]
1377775607529.png
18KB, 209x228px
>>283597126
>yfw it has no eyes
>>
>>283578402
They're busy sucking blademaster cock
>>
File: Neat.jpg (28KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
Neat.jpg
28KB, 500x491px
>>283597247
Holy shit I'm clueless as fuck.
>>
>>283596738
Which is why gunner is typically an mid to endgame weapon. Because as you said you will need a lot of mats.
>>
>>283578402

Playing a ranged weapon in Monster Hunter is like going to a steakhouse and ordering a salad.
>>
File: sammy.gif (2MB, 316x228px) Image search: [Google]
sammy.gif
2MB, 316x228px
With the switch axe, do you do more damage with the sword mode? is sword mode really just better than axe mode in every way?
>>
>>283598292
Other way around
>>
File: 1411241720116.jpg (149KB, 1271x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1411241720116.jpg
149KB, 1271x1041px
How the shit do I unlock Bite your Tongues?
>>
Where do I go after the Urgent Quest with the Yian Garuga?
>>
>>283598292
>Not using amazing ax combos
>>
>>283600346
Back to questing till you unlock the real urgent and not the bitch nigga one.
>>
File: mfw capcom.jpg (582KB, 1013x1060px) Image search: [Google]
mfw capcom.jpg
582KB, 1013x1060px
>>283599425
So you do more damage with the axe? oh well that's cool, so the benefit of using the sword are the elemental phials, am i right?
>>283600356
Teach me anon
>>
>tfw everyone at Uni wears mix-matched armors with no active abilities

Truly life is suffering
>>
File: 009__chansluts.com_.jpg (1MB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
009__chansluts.com_.jpg
1MB, 675x900px
>>283572080
>>283572171

Eat shit and die, no need to feel superior about a fucking video game.
>>
>>283572171
>you just love unloading the big boom that is elemental discharge
Unless there were significant changes in 4G, discharge is a waste of phial outside of a few cases. You'll get more out of the weapon per sharpness, per time, and per phial with basic sword strikes, and the most damaging move is HnS. Discharge is best when hitting a monster that's too hard for a normal attack.
>>
File: 1132691000022.jpg (194KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1132691000022.jpg
194KB, 1024x768px
>Didn't fight Gore Magala in the demo because I didn't want to spoiler the fight And it's no fun fighting when you don't get mats
>Was in a room with some hr 2's doing the quests
>Doing pretty well throughout, no carts at all.
>Do the Gore Magala
>The remains of our party after that first encounter.
That rage mode was crazy, especially that new blight and how it creates AoE so it makes trying to wail on him harder, I don't want to know what happens when it reaches max,

Also before a trigger happy janitor reports it, the body is a prop, not real. Come on man.
>>
>>283572080
Hammerbro koing all day every day.
>>
What do you guys think of NCHProductions monster hunter vids?
>>
>>283600838
>reminder to be aware of other hunters
Ok, on the upswing of the ax hitting x like it owes you money and fucked your sister gives you alternating diagonal slashes that you can do at the cost of stamina. In my opinion doing that is better in most cases for a downed monster with the occasional sword burst. You just have to be aware of the monster's patterns and do what feels right plus the sword mode has shit mobility.
Holy fuck, I put too much time into the Grim Cat.
>>
>>283603005
>sword mode has shit mobility
Side hops bro
>>
When should I buy making new weapons/armor and upgrading them?

I'm at the second town now just using the vanilla Charge Blade and a few pieces of Jaggi armor with some upgrades on them. Should I bother upgrading the weapon or try and get a new one?
>>
>>283603180
When should you e?

Now would be good, even just a basic upgrade is good. And you want to wear a full set. Jaggis or Velocidrome, tetsu if you're bad.
>>
>>283603089
I still love it, but I could never stand the GS speed of the walk.
>>
>>283603180
weapon upgrade when you can.

low rank armor is pointless for the most part, just make the jaggi set/set you like thee most and wait till high rank

barroth for me
>>
>Used to Switch Axe, got kind of bored of it after 300 hours of 3U
>Switched to Funlance because it just feels like a more dynamic/less simple weapon and shelling/wyvernfire are satisfying as fuck
>Also use Longsword, Hammer, still Switch Axe occasionally, thinking of picking up Charge Blade

I can understand having a "main" weapon that you're most comfortable with, but I don't get people who only use that weapon without switching it up pretty often.

Variety is important, especially in a game where you'll often wind up farming the same monster over and over again.
>>
>>283602440
IF the Virus fully incubates, it'll negate natural health recovery, meaning you don't heal back anything.
>>
Can someone tell me why Items that I gather during quests are disappearing after I finish the quest?
I found 2 goldenfish and when I went to sell them they were gone.
>>
>>283603648
Those are 'account' items. They are converted to Zenny automatically after the end of the quest.
>>
>>283602440
After incubation time, you take the full damage, no red stuff left to heal back up.

However, if you deal enough damage during incubation time, you get an affinity boost.
>>
>>283572080
What if you alternate between SnS, CB, and Light Bowgun? And this is your first MH game?
>>
File: 1389676510808.png (285KB, 715x1584px) Image search: [Google]
1389676510808.png
285KB, 715x1584px
>>283572080
>You play a healer in MMOs. High chance of you being a beta who wants to be bossed around

>implying this is bad
>>
>>283603648

Some items are basically vendor trash that can't be used for anything. The game automatically converts them to money at the end of the quest so you don't have to sell them.

Don't sell your gathering items you shit.
>>
>>283603839
Like the light bow gun, but boy am I shit at using it.
>>
been planning to get 4u but i heard they gimped LH by reducing elemental damage or some shit. just want to confirm whether this is true or not because the last monhun game i played was freedom unite and i almost exclusively used LH. i tried the insect glaive and charge blade in the demo, and i've found they're pretty fun to use, but i'd like to stick to LH as long as it's still a viable option.
>>
>>283603957
Oh, right, thanks. I sell everything I gather, I love the zenny.
>>
File: 1412104973896.png (167KB, 599x703px) Image search: [Google]
1412104973896.png
167KB, 599x703px
>>283604356
>I sell everything I gather

What the FUCK
>>
>>283603590
I wish I could use all the weapons without needing to grind eternally.
>>
File: 1387390645120.jpg (66KB, 649x638px) Image search: [Google]
1387390645120.jpg
66KB, 649x638px
>>283604356
I am new to Monster Hunter and even this post triggered me hard.
>>
>>283603590
Hammer/Light Bowgun main, Longsword if I need cut tails/abuse poison.
>>
File: 1419053629893.gif (70KB, 241x230px) Image search: [Google]
1419053629893.gif
70KB, 241x230px
>>283604356
>I sell everything I gather
>>
>>283604356
If you want more money, do ore or egg runs. Those materials you're selling are a resource buffer that lets you marathon missions where gathering isn't as viable.
>>
File: 1345511566274.png (140KB, 397x399px) Image search: [Google]
1345511566274.png
140KB, 397x399px
Someone in the last thread asked if there were lewds of Little Miss Forge yet.
http://exhentai.org/g/736337/21a5153a74/
>>
>>283604196
Honestly if it just had a melee attack like the bow did, it'd be my ideal weapon and I wouldn't be alternating shit. Try to get good at using the targeting method of holding down the R button instead of locking yourself in place with the scope. It's a lot easier to do this with an N3DS, or at least I imagine it is. Then again, I'm probably the newest one here in terms of MH so take my advice with a grain of salt. This is just what I found makes it work better for me. Also clust shots. Those are fucking good
>>
>>283601646
There is a reason for MonHun. It is simply the most hardcore series out there by miles. It is more of a martial art, a way of life, than a video game just because it demands so much more of you than any other vidya.
>>
>expedition
>has ear sloth, need his parts for peko charge axe
>spider faggot joins in
>their in the same room
Fuck at least I can die infinitely on an expedition.
>>
>your best lightning Charge blade uses a modified design of the default
feels so good I fucking love the look of the starting charge blade
>>
File: 1410244518433.jpg (168KB, 1605x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1410244518433.jpg
168KB, 1605x1056px
I usually dual wield axes, you just aren't a berserker without dual axes.

Polearm guys are the biggest hipsters in any RP community. Bow guys are usually pretty okay.
>>
How do I git good with the gun lance? Do I have to use explosive barrels or are the shots/pokes really strong enough.
>>
>>283606215
>gunlance
Holy shit. I can use almost every weapon to a passable extent, but god dammit if that and the regular lance aren't just too butt-fucking-weird to use
>>
I keep getting "an error has occurred" online. Is my connection just shit or is this common?
>>
>>283606215
I haven't used gunlance since Portable 3rd, but if I remember correctly, you're supposed to mix shots into your combos. In particular, there are ways to charge your normal shots to make them do more damage at the cost of time.
>>
File: 1417837522530.png (163KB, 271x309px) Image search: [Google]
1417837522530.png
163KB, 271x309px
>>283604356
What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
Someone please god tell me why they think Monster Hunter ought to be on portables rather than consoles. Do you niggers really enjoy playing these games for several hours while staring at a tiny screen with shitty handheld controls? After playing MH3U on Wii U I can't fucking go back.
>>
File: 1387338154243.gif (1MB, 520x375px) Image search: [Google]
1387338154243.gif
1MB, 520x375px
>>283604356
>>
>>283606818
because it's made for japan not the west
>>
>>283606818
Japan thinks that it belongs on handhelds, and the rest of the world just gets to deal with it. Everyone and their dog plays handheld multiplayer games in Japan while they sit on the train for their multi-hour commutes each day.
>>
File: sadrabbit.png (247KB, 500x304px)
sadrabbit.png
247KB, 500x304px
>>283606818
I'm probably just gonna wait for the WiiU version myself.
>>
>>283606818
I don't mind it. Plus I like being able to play while I lay in bed
>>
>>283606818
The mission structure is more conducive to portable play. 10min short, 40min long, erring on the side of short. Best approach is how P3rd HD took it, where portable and console can play together.
>>
File: 1411939938024.png (2MB, 1118x1463px) Image search: [Google]
1411939938024.png
2MB, 1118x1463px
>>283607084
There's no real chance of us getting a WiiU version
>>
>>283607084
I'm hoping Capcom spends a tiny bit of extra money making a port that isn't as shitty as the MH3U Wii U port. It actually ran WORSE than the 3DS version. How do you manage to fuck up that hard?
>>
>>283606818
I prefer it this way, it's nice to just pick it up and play it for 20 minutes without needing to get too invested. The only thing I would have liked is if it were on the Vita.
>>
>>283606818
Being able to play for a bit while I'm waiting between classes is pretty nice. Also meeting up with others by chance and playing with them
>>
>>283607223
>>283607320
>>283607324
Do you play it mostly at home or mostly when you're just on the bus or whatever?
>>
>first Online Gore Magala
>pubbies
>gets a plate off the carve

sucks I need to kill it like 3 more times for the charge blade. Need 3 Feelers, 5 shells, and 1 scale
>>
Wait how is the quest progression in this game?

3U was
Village=Solo quests
Marine village thing= Solo/Multiplayer quests

Here I just did the first quests you get in the area around Joseph Joestar and after killing the Big ass Insect I didn't get any, got a expedition quest and already completed it

After this is Guild Multiplayer/Solo only?

There's no more Solo only quests?
>>
>>283607626
Villages = solo
Gathering hall/guild = solo or multi.
>>
>>283606595
>>283606215
Now I'm looking up the changes for the 4U Gunlance. It looks like they nerfed the poking damage a bit, but buffed the shell damage. So in theory, you'll want to be shooting out your shells as much as possible. Apparently, the shells don't give a fuck about hardness or anything and just do a set amount of damage, so they're really great at breaking parts you can shoot.

Try to wyvern fire whenever you get a chance. In the meantime, keep shelling the monster. Use charged shots if possible by holding the button down after poking. If you're in a situation where you can't reload, keep poking until you can.
>>
>>283572080
How can one idiot talk this much shit about the huntinghorn? You play it as a faster hammer with easier attacks to hit the head and the animations for performing a song also hit monsters. Dont talk shit if you dont know how to use a weapon
>>
>>283607550
I never actually take it out in public, I just play at home or whenever I go visit my parents and stuff.
>>
>>283574879
>>283581605
i used to claw on psp, now i have better options on 3ds, without having to claw at all.
>>283581758
this
>>283582162
>just to show its doable
ITS MY DUTY TO REPOST MY CLAW WEBM OVER AND OVER AND OVER IN EVERY MONHUN THREAD EVER
kill yourself
>>
>>283607550
Both. Once summer month, I solo marathoned the fuck out of FU G-rank in four or five hour segments each day. Other times, I'll put in a mission or two while I'm waiting for something. It works however you like it.
>>
>>283572080
Greatsword users are the "pssh nothin' personnel" guys.

Do you even play this game.
>>
>>283606818
If I had a cap-card I'd play it on my PC screen while at home.
>>
File: fuck2323.png (207KB, 418x312px) Image search: [Google]
fuck2323.png
207KB, 418x312px
>>283607261
don't say that
don't wish that evil on us
>>
>>283583685
this one in terms of content and overall better game
>>283584746
p3rd was good, but not as good as freedom unite
>no g-rank
>too easy
but I will say
>comfiest village and guild hall
>good graphics
>>
it's probably been asked a million times but when should I start playing online? Finish the LR village stuff first? I've been playing since Tri but never did any online.
>>
>>283607270
MH isn't a series Crapcom spends a lot of time improving. It's mostly something they churn out to rehash and make a quick buck.
>>
>>283608220
do a little bit of both, or play online with buddies, then when you are by yourself play some offline. you decide when youre ready to go online.
>>
I love the charge blade but I feel like if I tried to use it online, I'd hit my teammates a lot.
Is there a good guide on this weapon yet?
Gaijin Hunter hasn't made one, I don't think.
>>
>>283608071
You can't emulate this one yet.
>>
>10 Naj hunts later
>not a single Chilling beak
Fuck you RNG.

Fuck. You.
>>
>>283607743
So I keep doing Expedition quests for the story?
>>
>>283608071
>too easy
Because of QOL improvements and better animations? And how the fuck is "hard" equal to "better designed"? FU was hard because it was all the content of MHG tacked onto MH2, without any balance or refinement.
>>
How the hecky do I actually initiate a mount attack? I know how to play the minigame but actually getting to that point seems like a lot of trouble. It's difficult to bait the monster into an area where it's even possible if you aren't using the glaive. Usually they just leap up to my level before I can get the jump on them.
>>
>>283607819

there are actually people who just use it for buffs though. I've seen them do Deviljho or something in 3U and just hide in the fucking corner. Ridiculous.

If you're a hammer player I highly recommend giving HH a try because its moveset happens to be really good against things that hammer isn't. And you can still keep the KO/'I control the head' kind of gameplay.

Also landing a KO on a monster with the last hit of a recital is up there with landing greatsword charges.

>>283608220

wut

most of Tri's content was online, unless you got into it after the servers were shut down.

I'd say get your wycoon and cook leveled up a bit, by the time you clear LR village they will be in decent shape. Personally I plan to clear village entirely before going online, and I will take my time.

The nice thing about leveling offline and online at the same time would be that you can always just hop online to get farming out of the way, when you need a new set/weapon. That's how I did it in 3U.
>>
File: pooie.png (14KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
pooie.png
14KB, 480x320px
>wycoon says he can multiply nectars now
>can only multiply the garbage elemental ones
>can't even make all five, just three of them
>>
>>283608684

it's all timing and patience. don't forget that the majority of the time you have 50 minutes to kill a monster that takes 10~
>>
>>283608607
chill, im giving my opinion. I am entitled to my own opinion, but im not shoving it down anyones throat. I just think overall, that freedom unite is a better game than p3rd.
p3rd looks better but is easier
freedom unite has more content but can be bland on the look of it at times
>>
>>283584323
>pppppplease stop making fun of me!
Quit whining faggot, this is the /v/ of 2015. If you don't like it then get out.
>>
>>283608684

I generally try and fight near little ledges. Jumping off high perches is too unreliable since the monsters tend to move out of the way. I just fight normally until an opportunity presents itself - I sometimes use jumping attacks on GS to get its super swing out too.

I don't usually go out of my way to try and initiate a mount, with some exceptions like when I want to knock Zinogre or Gore out of their rage modes.
>>
>>283608769

I'd just finish the story stuff then stop playing because by then I was usually tired of it. This time around though I want to get the most out of it.
>>
>get two guild quests
>Velocidrome
>Velocidrome
k
>>
>>283587628
>GL
>Just like the above, except is from america
Okay that made me laugh, other than that fuck you.
>>
>>283605515
>from the fires of cataclysm, to the snowy slopes of tamriel...
>>
>>283608491
Took me 25 hunts to get Gaping Maw, now that was a shitty time
>>
>>283608071
>too easy
Monhun isn't meant to be a challenging series though. That's really the thing. You can't rate it on challenge like that. People who want a hard game play something more hardcore like DMC or anything Platinum makes.
>>
>>283609281
WHAT ARE GUILD QUESTS SUPPOSED TO BE ANYWAY
>>
>>283572080
>Greatsword
No. I only picked it up because it has the less button press out of all weapons. The 3DS is far too fragile compared to WiiU. I don't want to fuck up my X button.
>>
File: 1423097441320.jpg (173KB, 1065x749px) Image search: [Google]
1423097441320.jpg
173KB, 1065x749px
How do I get good with the glaive? It was the first weapon I tried in 4U, but I found it difficult to aim the bug and to hit agile, small monsters. I ended up going with charge axe instead for something new, but I'm thinking of switching back to gunlance.

Also I can't believe there's no Seltas IG.
>>
>>283572080
>Sword and Shield
I like SnS because in MH3U it cut off tails pretty easily and I really liked the shield. It was pretty useful on some of the enemies.
>>
>>283609607

could you hear my eyeroll through the internet?
>>
I'm not that far in yet, but are monster parts supposed to be this hard to break?

I've mostly broken their head with the killing blow.
>>
I need Flame Sacs for my Switche Axe. Who poops out Flame Sacs?
>>
>>283609740
Put points into speed, fuck aiming, get in there send it within melee range. The weapon shines later on when you're able to upgrade the bug and get the effect extender buff.
>>
>>283593119
Gundam is so fucking great.
>>
File: 1421373621455.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1421373621455.gif
2MB, 500x500px
reminder that insect glaive mains are cancer and make every quest boring because is ezpz when you encounter one kick them :^)
>>
>>283609985
I for one appreciate my IG comrades, making openings by mounting and buying me time to sharpen up.
>>
>>283608578

After you fight Yian Kut Ku in the second expedition quest you unlock an urgent quest and few more 2 star quests. Im right where you are and thats what just happened.
>>
>>283600951
At least your uni has players I guess that's what I get for going to college in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. ;-;
>>
>>283574879
Does this anon not know that you can just resize the virtual d pad so that you don't have to reach your finger aaaaallll the way over to the right d pad button?
>>
File: 1.png (141KB, 296x317px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
141KB, 296x317px
>>283572080
Congratulations OP.
You may very well just have made the worst MH thread on /v/.
>>
Who drops sharp fangs? Apparently I already have two, but I need a couple more.
>>
File: 1419198422430.jpg (20KB, 166x152px) Image search: [Google]
1419198422430.jpg
20KB, 166x152px
>>283610156
G-RANK ONLY
05-8024-5683-6012
>>
>>283572171
>You will go out of your way to make sure you unload that wyvernfire in a good spot,
>in a good spot
wyvernfire doesn't work that way. shells don't work that way
>>
GUYS WHAT GUNNER TO USE IN HIGH RANK

NORMAL UP OR RECOIL OR EVADE DISTANCE OR WHAT
>>
>>283610536
Congas do i think
>>
>>283608791
He's a jew what do you expect? Remember to bring him them caravan points goy
>>
File: 1409853545648.jpg (99KB, 654x421px) Image search: [Google]
1409853545648.jpg
99KB, 654x421px
>>283572080
>mfw hitting with full charged GS
as a 5 year Great Sword vet, I can say I fit your description to the T when I was a terrible player and now
>>
>>283607550
Both, at work there is actually a colleague who plays this so we end up doing a bit of co-op there when we are doing nothing
Thread posts: 383
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.