[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Persona Q better than Etrian Odyssey?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: etrian.jpg (118KB, 640x598px) Image search: [Google]
etrian.jpg
118KB, 640x598px
Is Persona Q better than Etrian Odyssey?
>>
It is EO.
>>
Not even close. Better than EOU, though? Maybe.
>>
>>283434154
The graphics? Yes.
>>
>>283434154
EO sucks so yes.
>>
>>283436506
>>283437327
>Persona 4 was my first JRPG and one of my favorite games ever.
>>
>>283437513
Persona 4 is pretty much the only good JRPG in the last 15 years though.
>>
>>283437873
Here's your reply
>>
Persona wishes it could be as good as EO.
>>
Not at all, sad what it did to the characters
>>
>>283437873
Okay.
>>
So I'm halfway through Etrian Odyssey Untold and so far all I heard from the gaming community about it was that Classic mode is so much better than Story mode. But I'm really enjoying Story mode. I love the main party characters and all that stuff. What exactly is wrong with Story mode?
>>
>>283438184
Nothing except the story locked content (classes, dungeon, chests, mobs and bosses, voice acting, extra events). I like the characters too.
>>
>>283438184
>What exactly is wrong with Story mode?
It's not EO.
>>
>>283438184
The party is more static.

That's the only legitimate complaint, but some retards focus on the "durr dey changed da plot" idiocy.
>>
>>283434154
The dungeon layouts were better than the ones in the Etrian games (though I prefer the actual dungeon themes in Etrian), but the combat was complete trash.

>>283438184
Most people didn't enjoy the story characters other than Ricky or Canada, the game locked content that wasn't story-based to story mode and the game didn't let you pick your classes with the same amount of freedom that the other games gave you.
>>
>>283438734
>not liking Arthur
I realise he's a generic personality type, but Ricky is WAY more generic than he is.
>>
Playing EO4, are Landsnwhatever and Fortress worth it early game? I'm running every class but those two nerds. I kinda want to swap out my caster for one of them because the caster is only good for like six spells and then throwing confetti at enemies until we leave the dungeon but Fortress just seems to die as fast as everyone else.
>>
>>283438586

I see mapping, dungeon crawling, FOEs and skill trees. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not EO
>>
>>283438586
It still was. I can't wait for Untold 2 to get localized.
>>
>>283439027

I just started playing recently as well, I have both a landswhatever and a fortress and they have proven to be my most worthwhile members in the early game (useful not only for tank reasons, but utility and dmg output), they have been pretty much carrying every fight(especially FOE) as my Dancer jostles around conjuring buffs & my medic spams normal attacks/heals & my runemaster gets out a couple hundred damage before ooming.

tank has taunt & partywide defense buff as well as some powerful abilities (straight damage and healing and stuff too)

the landsword has a useful debuff skill (atk down) that has proven very helpful against these physical attack mobs. apart from that their straight up resource-independent consistent damage is pretty sweet
>>
>>283439027
Landsharks and fortresses are pretty useful, yeah. Dem links.
>>
>>283439027
>Fortress just seems to die as fast as everyone else.
You must be doing something wrong, are you using a healer to keep the fortress up and using taunt?
>>
>>283439027

they are not nerds, the fortress gets better as you are able to invest more skill points in their passive defense stuff - getting the proper equipment helps too. having a dedicated tank does change the flow of every battle & can it make some otherwise difficult fights a lot more manageable (+regen waltz)
>>
>>283439027
I'm American and I called it Landshark.
>>
>>283439027
EO is all about the grind. If Fortress is dying, grind more.
>>
strawpoll.me/3649659
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.