[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into JRPGs. What'd you recommend limited to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: askna.jpg (71KB, 508x554px) Image search: [Google]
askna.jpg
71KB, 508x554px
I want to get into JRPGs. What'd you recommend limited to psp, nds and ps2 emulators? I don't mind linear as long as it has cohesive plot that makes sense and interesting characters.
>>
Persona 4
>>
File: pc master race.jpg (12KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
pc master race.jpg
12KB, 247x204px
>>283427618
>What'd you recommend limited to psp, nds and ps2 emulators?

I don't understand this strange limitation. Do you just not want to play PS1, SNES and GBA games for some reason?
>>
>>283427618
>cohesive plot that makes sense
Literally none, lol.
>>
>>283428590
Can't get over pixels, sorry. Besides, most of the jap franchises are rehashed, so you'll get the same game with updsted graphics and mechanics on those systems.
>>
Persona 3 FES or Persona 3 Portable. FES has a sort of epilogue called The Answer, but Portable has two main characters you can play as, one female and one male. The content differs in both playthroughs, I would honestly suggest FES.
>>
>>283427618
Radiant historia for the nds
>>
>>283429010
P3P gives you direct control over your party members, though. In FES they're AI-controlled, which can result in some frustrating situations.

The general consensus I've seen is that P3P is the way to go.

But the real answer is just play Persona 4.
>>
>>283428995
you are missing out on some of the best rpgs on the snes and ps1
>>
>>283428995
>Can't get over pixels, sorry.

Uh... Okay. I can't really give you a good RPG launching point if you don't want SNES or PS1 games, because I've barely bothered with the genre beyond that.

Good luck with others' recommendations though.
>>
File: 1416612932295.jpg (386KB, 900x2921px) Image search: [Google]
1416612932295.jpg
386KB, 900x2921px
>>283429284
This, plus Shinji route in female version. P3 has better atmosphere than 4, but it's subjective.
>>
>>283429778
>telling anybody to play any persona or smt game
literally the CoD of JRPG's
>>
>>283430327
accessible and well-made fun?

Yeah, I guess you're right.
>>
>>283427618
>NDS
Final Fantasy 4

>PSP
Jeanne d'Arc

these are my two personal JRPG favorites for these systems
>>
>>283429778
OP DON'T READ THIS. IT RUINS EVERYTHING.
>>
>>283430327
Well, in their defense, OP even said he "can't get over pixels", so obviously the most casual shit would be best for him.
>>
>>283427618
>I want to get into eating shit

Sorry, can't help you there besides steering you in the right direction. Why would you want to play shitty games?
>>
>>283429224
this x a lot of times
>>
Ar Tonelico, Xenosaga, Etrian Oddysey, KH/FF, TWEWY, Odin Sphere, Rune Facory, etc.
>>
>>283430327
That would be pokemon
>>
>>283430327
The last proper Persona game came out in 2008, SMT was a few years ago. I'd imagine the Tales of series or Final Fantasy still rakes in more money than Atlus.
>>
File: junkbot.jpg (14KB, 311x132px) Image search: [Google]
junkbot.jpg
14KB, 311x132px
>>283427618
Persona 3, P4 is better played on Vita.
>>283428995
Because you're being such a faggot over THIS MANY PIXELS IS GOOD BUT THIS IS TOO LITTLE SO I DON'T PLAY I'm going to tell you to play Chrono Trigger on DS.
Seriously, DS has exact same resolution as SNES, you're being a faget.
>>
>>283430327
>Literally the CoD of JRPGs
>SMT and Persona
>selling that much in Japan to be considered the CoD of JRPGs
>Not the Tales Of franchise that comes out every year that has recent games that are subpar at best.
>>
File: Chadwardenn.jpg (18KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
Chadwardenn.jpg
18KB, 600x401px
>>283428995
>Can't get over pixels, sorry. Besides, most of the jap franchises are rehashed

OP, don't even bother playing RPGs. Just stick to your comfort zone of AAA shit like CoD and Uncharted.
>>
>>283428995
Jesus christ you're retarded. Let me be blunt anon, RPG's aren't for you.
>>
>>283431572
So many assumptions. RPGs and quests are literally the only games I play. Just happen to not being familiar with japanese ones.
>>
>>283431945
>Just happen to not being familiar with japanese ones.

Literally how.
>>
>>283432217
Grew up with PC mainly. My only consoles were Sega and tetris.
>>
>>283432485
>My only consoles were Sega and tetris.
???

Last I checked, Tetris isn't a system, and neither is Sega. Unless you mean those were the only console games you played, in which case Skies of Arcadia says hi.
>>
>>283432485
I wonder what games did you have for Tetris.

Seriously, just play Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV and Persona 3/4.
>>
>>283433176
Persona 3 and 4 a shit.
>>
>>283427708
/Thread
>>
>Persona
Does it even count as RPG? You can't customize shit.
>>
>>283428995
both the snes and ps1 had higher resolution than the nds
>>
>>283433650
Your entire persona lineup is customizable.
>>
>Atlus shit
>Persona
>Kingdom Hearts
>Shadow Hearts
>Creepy loli / hentai niche titles

Ignore these plebs, OP. You're asking in the wrong place. All you're going to be recommended is linear weeb shit.

I'd suggest looking into Romancing SaGa, Unlimited Saga, EverGrace and Forever Kingdom, or King's Field: The Ancient City. That's all that comes to mind as far as PS2 goes. I'm not familiar with PSP's library.
>>
if you want to start somewhere, FF9 is a nice and comfy starting place, then look for other FF titles and so on
also, be your own guide god dammit, what's with people being afraid to experiment on stuff like a buncha jokahs
>>
>>283431945
>RPGs and quests are literally the only games I play. Just happen to not being familiar with japanese ones.

Alright, what the fuck RPGs have you played on the PC? It obviously wasn't Wizardry or Ultima and everything influenced by them, because PIXELS.

So that leaves more recent games by the likes of Bioware and Bethseda. Even then, those are "rehashed" too. I'm at a loss. If you want to explore new genres, you need to have an open mind about "pixels" and shit.

So what exactly do you want? Something that's pretty, but not exactly a good game?
>>
>>283437515
That pretty much sounds like exactly what OP is looking for, considering they're being so dismissive of decades of games.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.