[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Excuse me, Admiral, but why did Sovereign...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 82
File: Excuse me admiral.jpg (69 KB, 722x917) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Excuse me admiral.jpg
69 KB, 722x917
Excuse me, Admiral, but why did Sovereign need the Geth to help him invade the Citadel when he could have just called up the almost invincible Collectors to help him? For that matter, why did he lie about his motives being incomprehensible?
>>
biowere cant write.
>>
>>283144890
>Excuse me, Admiral, but why did Sovereign need the Geth to help him invade the Citadel when he could have just called up the almost invincible Collectors to help him?
Collectors aren't invincible and they're in the middle of the galaxy. Honestly, the Geth are a bigger threat than the Collectors. Remember how the Collectors just kinda attack far flung planets. Geth have a big chunk of the galaxy that people pretty much can't enter.
>For that matter, why did he lie about his motives being incomprehensible?
he's a dumb robot who was designed to basically be an elder god.
>>
>>283144890
The Collectors didn't have that much of a fighting force, actually. Hence why they always used hit-and-run tactics.
>>
>>283144890
Sovereign was a dunderhead.
>>
>>283145001
/thread
>>
>>283145058
The collectors were about to attack Earth in ME2.

An entire planet.

With, at the time of ME1, a population roughly 400 times that of the Citadel.

They also had magic bugs that coul instantly paralyze any species and make them completely helpless.

And ships that can blow the Alliance's most advanced ship out instantly.

Collectors would have been a vastly superior choice to the Geth.
>>
get back in the Star Trek reviews
>>
>>283144890
The Collectors needed to stay underground

They catch fringe colonies by surprise and harvest humans to make a Reaper

they're a construction crew, not an invasion force

It's better that Sovereign serve as a distraction while they finish construction of their purpose: preserving races in giant space ship form
>>
>>283145242
The normandy got fucked up cause the sr1 wasn't meant for engagements, especially against that big fuckin ship
>>
>>283145242
oh boy an entire planet. The Geth already own a ton of planets. They don't even use Rannoch, they just keep the Quarians from having it just because.

btw just because they're planning something doesn't mean they could actually accomplish it. The Collectors basically got curbstomped by Shepard and like 8 other people. The geth are vastly superior to the Collectors.
>>
Why couldn't the Reapers just use the Alpha Relay instead of making Sovereign scramble for centuries to work out why the Citadel wasn't working?
>>
>>283145242
Speculation man
Who knows, if you didn't pick them off, they probably would have attacked earth with the Reapers
who would have been six months early what with the Alpha Relay not being blown up
>>
>>283145242
They weren't 'about' to attack Earth, they were just planning to. They'd probably finish the Human Reaper first, then go for Earth.
>>
>>283144890

Pardon me, Spectre, but if all Saren needed to do to conquer the galaxy was undo the Keepers' sabotage of the Citadel's mass relay system, why did he go all around the galaxy to get back to where he started? Couldn't he have done it on the Citadel while you were building up evidence to confront him?
>>
>>283144890

>villain lying

This has never happened. I always expect the bad guys to be honest with me!

>collector
>almost invincible

they only had one ship
>>
>>283145348
Surprise mostly, that and grabbing the citadel is essential to their plans of a neat and organized harvest.
Though I don't know why Sovereign couldn't have posed as a benevolent ship or some shit and park in the citadel slowly bringing people under his thrall
>>
>>283145242
>>283144890

You see the problem here is you're targeting the wrong plothole. Its the idea of the collectors being able to attack earth thats the problem, not the idea of using the Geth to attack the citadel.

The geth had an armada. The collectors had literally ONE SHIP. ONE SHIP that was taken down with two shots from a Thannix cannon, which was standard loadout for Turian fighters during ME2. The collectors being able to attack earth is total bullshit that the writers through in to give the player a flimsy excuse to care.
>>
>>283144890
Who the fuck are you and didn't I shoot you last week?
>>
Wait what was that? Was that the script? Was the Illusive Man looking at the script?
>>
>>283145480

> Need some way of making audience give a shit about the hero stopping the villain in sci fi
> It's sci fi, so hero is as compelling as a wet sock, and villain's motivation makes no sense
> hurr have him attack earf hyuck that'll make them care
>>
>>283145423
No one knew about that then.
>>
>>283145553
I guess you read the script too in advance.
>>
>>283145242
They were completely wiped out by 12 people. Good luck invading Earth.
>>
File: legion.jpg (179 KB, 904x918) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
legion.jpg
179 KB, 904x918
"Heroes on both sides"? What? Can evil robots be called heroes?
>>
>>283145480

they were planning to attack Earth when the reaper armada arrived, which was on his way as Arrival shows.
>>
>>283145423
>Pardon me, Spectre, but if all Saren needed to do to conquer the galaxy was undo the Keepers' sabotage of the Citadel's mass relay system, why did he go all around the galaxy to get back to where he started? Couldn't he have done it on the Citadel while you were building up evidence to confront him?

Exactly. Mass Effect's plot was nonsense from Day 1.
>>
question, if the ghost child thing was on the citadel the whole time, would blowing up the citadel stop the reapers from coming? its implied that its the program that controls them, and thats why you can take control from the crucible which is attached to the citadel, so would blowing up the citadel or pushing it into a nearby star make the reapers shut down?
>>
File: excuse me.png (258 KB, 479x349) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
excuse me.png
258 KB, 479x349
>>283144890
Oh okay. Okay, yeah, that's the most pressing plot fuckup, sure. The question you SHOULD be asking is, "Why did Saren do literally anything that he did?"

Everyone spent all this time searching for the conduit. It's the king shit of the operation, get to the Conduit before Saren because the Conduit can apparently bring the Reapers into the galaxy. Only it doesn't. It turns out the Conduit is just a relay the sends you to the Citadel. And Saren just needs to, like, walk up to the Council Chamber and send off a signal.
What?
Why the fuck didn't he just do that in the first place? Why even put yourself in a position where you'll get ousted as a rogue agent working for Space Cthulhu? You could just skip the entire adventure, and just go in there at anytime to activate the thing. Shepard wouldn't even have had the opportunity to kill his first robot.

I mean did Saren KNOW that it was just a thing that sends you to where you were originally setting off from in the first place? Was it just a little slip up? Like Sovereign was a little loopy in the head after fifty millenniums and, "Oh, whoops, we didn't need to do anything that we did, my bad, let's just head on back and push the holo-button like we were supposed to."
It sounds like Bioware was just making up a bunch of BS at the last minute here.
>>
>>283145479
>Though I don't know why Sovereign couldn't have posed as a benevolent ship
You think anyone is going to see a 2 km long ship with tentacles as anything but evil? Then also counter in that even if he was posing as a benevolent ship the design does not belong to any known species.
>>
File: walters.jpg (49 KB, 570x301) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
walters.jpg
49 KB, 570x301
This guy Walters has got us all by the balls. His fingers are in our wallets. Get your finger out of my ass wallet!
>>
this plinkett meme is pretty funny
>>
>>283145479
But the Alpha Relay linked directly to the Citadel. The Reapers also still caught everyone with their pants down anyway.
>>
File: excuse me sir.png (928 KB, 859x590) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
excuse me sir.png
928 KB, 859x590
Why did Shepard have to work with Cerberus? Because nobody else cared? Why?

Why don't the council believe in the Reapers? One landed on the Citadel. Everyone saw it. If they thought it was a geth ship, why didn't they realize it wasn't when they examined the pieces? It was destroyed right next to the crown jewel of galactic civilization, and the majority of the debris would have been salvagable.

How did every single piece of Sovereign get lost or stolen? That just sounds like a bunch of BS made up because the plot demanded it.

Even if they thought Sovereign was a Geth ship, why didn't the Geth having a massive supership capable of fighting off the entire collective fleet make everyone shit their pants and start building up arms? It's not like they knew there was only one of these.

Also, all the Husks and Saren's body were still on the Citadel. Nobody examined those either?

If they thought Sovereign was a Geth ship, why did they only send the Normandy to clean up the Geth? They might have another of those ships!

Why didn't they ever recover the Normandy after it was shot down? It was Humanity's most advanced ship, and it got blown away! They knew what planet it was over when it fell. They'll keep bodies from grieving families to study Geth weapons but not recover a wreckage to study a completely unknown enemy?

Why doesn't the Council care about the Human colonies going dead? At least in ME1 they claimed the human colony the Geth attacked was in their territory. If the Council treats every race like this, there wouldn't even be an Alliance!

Why is there still a dickhead Turian on the council, even if you let the council die?

Why did every gun manufacturer switch to the vastly inferior system of heatsinks, rather than just including swappable heat sinks in the model of gun that cool off on their own anyway?

Why did the stranded soldiers on Jacob's survival mission still use these new guns with the heatsinks when they've been stranded for 10 years?
>>
File: 1423709323769.jpg (332 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423709323769.jpg
332 KB, 1600x1200
>>283145830

RLM is the dankest meme.
>>
>>283145735
The idea is that it was the only way to get him and 100 heavily armed Geth onto the Presidium without shit going on lock-down.

Just getting through the ineffectual chaff that is C-Sec after getting the Geth troops onto the Citadel seems like a more reasonable plan then hunting the galaxy for a lost relic, but hey, drama.
>>
>>283145735
>It sounds like Bioware was just making up a bunch of BS at the last minute here.

They were.

The people who still talk about the series around here seem to be mostly bitter ME1 fanboys so the first game gets a pass for tons of stupid shit.
>>
File: 1411258283338.jpg (36 KB, 614x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411258283338.jpg
36 KB, 614x500
>mfw replaying ME1 recently

there was so much potential man. Fuck you Mac Walters for ruining what made ME1 so good
>>
>>283145735
>I mean did Saren KNOW that it was just a thing that sends you to where you were originally setting off from in the first place?

I am imagining he didnt and was really pissed when he got there

>better reach the conduit before that damn Shepard shows up
>BZZZZT
>alright, now its....time....to
>fuck, why are we on the citadel
>boop
>hey sovereign
>*yeah?*
>what the fuck is going on? why am I on the citadel?
>*thats where the relay is numbnuts*
>WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME THIS BEFORE?
>*because I am incomprehensible*
>I hate you so goddamn much
>>
>>283145735

I was under the impression Soverign wasn't really "awake" until you talk to him on Virmire and he assaults the citadel at the very end, and no one else knew about the keeper thing, but it's probably just a bunch of shit for the twist
>>
>>283145916

> 100 Geth

Who said anything about geth? Sovereign's a Reaper! It can just indoctrinate a whole bunch of C-sec officers and let Saren do whatever he wants!

In fact, that's what they should have done in the beginning. Saren says, "Hey, look at this big thing I found. We're gonna study it right here outside the Council window." And Sovereign indoctrinates the whole Citadel over the course of, like, a day.
>>
>>283146000
That room was made for Saren and Sovereign to have afternoon chats, Sovereign was awake.
>>
I was mostly disappointed with ME2 and ME3, especially the latter. ME1 had its flaws but set up an interesting universe and story. ME2's story was stupid but the characters they introduced and your interaction with them more than made up for the overall story in my opinion. ME3, to me, squandered everything established in the previous two games. Personally, I would have liked if they did the following:

> Shepard doesn't die in ME2
> Keep all the introduced characters
> Spend ME2 uniting the galaxy and setting everyone on a war economy
> ME3 you control the war effort
> Which worlds/races to sacrifice to buy time
> You can choose between exploration and military missions
> Exploration has randomly generated ancient artifacts. Some are useless, some provide varying military bonuses.
> Military missions degrade the Reaper's fighting ability
> Depending on your missions, how many races you united,etc determines if a military victory is possible and who got fucked and how hard
> Option for a diplomatic ending too

I think that would have been more interesting although part of me thinks it should be game over if the Reapers reach the galaxy but I don't know what the third game would be with no Reaper War.
>>
>>283145852
>Because nobody else cared? Why?
Because fuck humans and Cerberus are not restrained by Bureaucracy
>Why don't the council believe in the Reapers? One landed on the Citadel. Everyone saw it. If they thought it was a geth ship, why didn't they realize it wasn't when they examined the pieces
Because ignore it might just well like the safer option
>How did every single piece of Sovereign get lost or stolen?
>Also, all the Husks and Saren's body were still on the Citadel. Nobody examined those either?
What do you think the keepers are there for?
>Why didn't they ever recover the Normandy after it was shot down
It was in the area of space alliance ships don't enter
>Why doesn't the Council care about the Human colonies going dead
Because they don't like humans, that has always been pretty clear and again outside of alliance space.
>>
they had to find the conduit because they didn't know what the Prothean actually did to stop the reapers

when they realize they just have to attach sovereign to the citadel that's excatly what they do
>>
File: star child.png (307 KB, 592x343) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
star child.png
307 KB, 592x343
Our lead characters can't form coherent thoughts or are intelligent enough to notice basic things like this, and then we as an audience are constantly sitting there asking ourselves questions about motivation and logic the entire film, because the script is a rushed, sloppy mess that was written in a week.
>>
>>283146123
Every single thing you said is retarded.

Absolutely shameful. Please leave.
>>
File: 1411152796329.png (856 KB, 1057x895) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411152796329.png
856 KB, 1057x895
So why did everyone in the galaxy in about two years suddenly switch to "thermal clips"?

You expect me to just believe that after developing rapid fire railguns with an effectively infinite magazine size, we suddenly revert back to the 20th century designs?
I mean the codex says it's better because it's apparently faster than waiting for your temperature to drop between firing but that's just a load of BS right there. You expect me to believe that being able to lay down sustained fire and NEVER worry about ammunition shortages got tossed out in favor of a slightly faster heatsink? Has anyone ever heard of burst fire? You could even get cooling attachments on the originals if you were that anal about it.

And how did thermal clips get onto that one uncharted planet onboard a ship that's been lost for like 15 years?
Huh?
What?
>>
>>283145849
Ok
maybe the other reapers just hated Sovereign
>>
>>283146057
Sovereign wouldn't leave himself exposed because he's a patient (read; cowardly) asshole, and hoping that no one will object to keeping the unimaginably advanced warship in what amounts to Time Square, is kind of a big assumption to make.

The other other would be to kidnap C-Sec officers on mass, indoctrinate them, then put them back and hope no one asks where they they all went for 2 months.

Again, there are probably reasonable workarounds to these problems, or other methods that would work, but again, drama.
>>
>>283145480
Actually the codex stated they had millions of ships. In fact that was what that anime with Beef Mechlargehuge was showing, it had multiple ships that were all apparently syncing up for a massive invasion.
>>
>>283146318
>So why did everyone in the galaxy in about two years suddenly switch to "thermal clips"?

so companies can make more money by selling ammo too instead of just weapons
>>
File: 1408811733913.jpg (262 KB, 874x602) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408811733913.jpg
262 KB, 874x602
Can this just be a RLM thread?
>>
Why didnt big daddy reeper just STAY on the citadel after killing off the last cycles lifeforms? Then just pretend he was a statue or some shit and let his latent mind control fuck the next unlucky bastards who stumble upon the citadel.
>>
>>283146330
>Sovereign was the outcast of the reapers
>he was super jealous of how popular Harbinger is
>he goes out to prove himself in the eyes of his reapeers
>tfw everyone laughed when they found out he fucked up

RIP Sovereign, you did your best ;_;
>>
>>283144890
>For that matter, why did he lie about his motives being incomprehensible?

Incomprehensible is code for we spent our time in ME1 pre-production writing codex entries instead of the antagonist's motives. We'll do it tomorrow...we swear.
>>
File: 1g88.jpg (54 KB, 316x598) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1g88.jpg
54 KB, 316x598
>There are people on /v/ who didn't side with the Geth and kill all the fucking Quarians.
>>
>>283146261
No more retarded then posts like these >>283146318
>>
>>283146318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEnIQWXCgzQ

i never would have dreamed to agree with Conrad.
>>
>>283146352

> the codex stated they had millions of ships.

The codex is fucking wrong then, since the game itself shows us that there is only one docking hole on the base and they only sent one ship out to fight the normandy.


Retcons they shove into later games and extended continuity to cover their fuck ups doesn't change the fact that they fucked up.
>>
>>283146425
Because they're not trying to be efficient, they're following the original programming by the Leviathans, who didn't want the Reapers fucking with species that didn't need fucking with.
>>
Why did the reapers even make the collectors and their base?
>>
>>283145916
Why do you even need the geth?
>walk into the Council chamber
>nobody gives a shit
>double nobody gives a shit you're there because you're a specter
>Roll Up the Rim to Reapers
>>
>>283146484
why not save both?
>>
>>283146348

> Sovereign wouldn't leave himself exposed because he's a patient (read; cowardly) asshole, and hoping that no one will object to keeping the unimaginably advanced warship in what amounts to Time Square, is kind of a big assumption to make.

It thinks it's a god. And the first thing we see when we approach the citadel is DOZENS OF ADVANCED WARSHIPS IN WHAT AMOUNTS TO TIME SQUARE

>The other other would be to kidnap C-Sec officers on mass, indoctrinate them, then put them back and hope no one asks where they they all went for 2 months.

"Hey, I have a mission. I need twenty good C-sec officers to come with me, because there are some geth out there that attacked a colony."

> Again, there are probably reasonable workarounds to these problems, or other methods that would work, but again, drama.


"Here's your villain, folks. Yeah, he makes every mistake imaginable, but hey, he needs to in order for you to win. Drama!"
>>
File: fleet.jpg (92 KB, 640x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fleet.jpg
92 KB, 640x360
It's so dense, every single image has so many things going on
>>
>>283146484
>le Quarian hate meme

eric, sinkly eric
>>
>>283146484

B-but muh gypsy waifu
>>
File: excuse_me.jpg (31 KB, 354x374) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
excuse_me.jpg
31 KB, 354x374
Uh excuse me, why did roboute guilliman divide the space marines into 1000 chapters of 1000 Marines? Surely he knows the Horus Heresy was because of Chaos, right? It wasn't the space marine's unique organization or even their battle tactics that caused the fall. It would just the corruption of the warmaster by chaos.

You could have any organization of Space marines or even Imperial Guard and it wouldn't matter if they became corrupt. It actually makes more sense to keep their original organization because it would make it easier to monitor and notice early chaos incursion.
>>
>>283146605
>>283146627

Holy shit Meatbags are sad.
>>
>>283146425

Because for some silly reason the reapers need the galaxy to reach a certain level of technological growth before destroying them, which can't happen without the citadel. A reaper parked there would just be constantly subconciously indoctrinating people.
>>
>>283146590
He only gained the knowledge to activate it after visiting that giant flower thing and by that point he was wanted.
>>
>>283146590
Because when he goes for the big "control every security measure on the entire station" console, everyone flips their shit and snipers kill him.
>>
>>283146514
I'm not sure if the writing here is trying to make Shepard logical about this one. Even in real life we have to cool down rifles and can only shoot what, 200 rounds in full auto before the thing bursts into fire. Having a Energy weapon that runs seemingly unlimited rounds for a short burst seems like the best idea ever.
>>
>>283146683
>not wanting a sexy Quarian gf
>wanting to side with robots who cant even fuck
>>
File: citadel.jpg (237 KB, 1277x711) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
citadel.jpg
237 KB, 1277x711
This is what they call filler, and it's nowhere near as good as the kind they put in Twinkies.
>>
>>283146572
having slaves around can be fun and useful? wonder why it took them a few million years to figure it out.
>>
>>283146769
shut your whore mouth
>>
>>283146674

I thought of the point of Warhammer lore was that Space Marines are all part of a hugely inept bureaucracy that was stupid as hell.
>>
>>283146484
I didn't spend hundreds of hours and several playthroughs of the previous two games of effort just so two races I need for the war effort could wipe each other out.
Fuck you, Bioware, for saying I might as well have not bothered.
;_;
>>
>>283145423
Saren was working on other shit (The Krogan army), right?

I'm confused about the Keepers. They sabotaged the mass relay function? If so, are they not indoctinated? Nobody was aware of their purpose in the plot, even Saren, correct?
>>
>>283146402
Why not

>>283146674
Because hes a mary sue control freak, and using the codex astartes means that the adeptus astartes relies on other branches of the imperium, making them not as self sufficient more easily watched by the inquisition
>>
>>283146783
>million
billion
>>
>>283146076
Thanks for the input, idea guy.
>>
What is wrong with your FACE?
>>
File: index.jpg (14 KB, 217x233) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
index.jpg
14 KB, 217x233
>>283146823
It is, Americans are just to dumb to get it.
>>
>>283146845

The last Protheans reprogrammed/sabotaged the Keepers so they wouldn't call the Reapers.
>>
>>283146769
>tfw want to replay ME1 but cant because will force self through the other 2 games
>tfw cant finish 3 because I get sad after finishing the Citadel DLC
>>
>>283144890
Because the writing team for ME2 and 3 were asshats.
>>
>>283146961

I never even ran into her in my playthrough.
>>
File: Excuse_Me_Sister.jpg (43 KB, 408x322) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Excuse_Me_Sister.jpg
43 KB, 408x322
>>283146850

Actually, each space marine operates as its own individual entity with its own hierachy, methods, and objectives. It makes more difficult to watch them.
>>
>>283146845
The keepers were designed by the reapers
>>
>>283145971
ME1 was shit mate.
The game play was needlessly convoluted with numbers everywhere that didn't change much and a really mediocre TPS system. The story had more holes than your mom, as evident by this thread. It's been nearly a decade;it's time to take off the nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>283147021

Even hats are critics today
>>
Gaider, you cuck!
You bought your rug at Gillman's Discount Wigs in Jersey!
You cheapskate!
I know it because I SOLD IT TO YOU!
>>
>>283146769
the entire dlc turned the entire game into a damn parody of itself. it dosent make scene its set on a time were you fighting a god damn war with god killing machines having millions of people die by the minute.

im not sure citadel dlc was the worst or THIS.
>>
>>283147084
the gameplay was fine and the writing was miles better than the sequels
>>
File: reapers.png (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
reapers.png
3 MB, 3840x2160
The brilliant script does have an excuse for this lack of logic, and it's this

>Ah yes, "Reapers". We have dismissed that claim.

Oh, that's a good reason to send one guy. What if the Reapers are real?
>>
>>283146845

> Krogan army

Why.

He has an army of killer robots and a giant ship that mind controls anyone near it. He has an army of psychic space commandos and whatever turian forces he commands. He even has some rachni. Why does he need anything else?
>>
>>283145735

I assume the Conduit did more when it activated that just function as a mass relay. But that's never explained so your question is just as valid.
>>
File: 1408236561924.jpg (102 KB, 729x855) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408236561924.jpg
102 KB, 729x855
>>283146402

>>283147021
Each Chapter has its own chapter master yes, and usually its own grand apothecary/librarian/forge master but due to the codexes they often answer to the High Lords of Terra and the Most Holy Inquisition, you baka heretic. Just look at the best Chapter, the Lamenters or the Celestial Lions
>>
File: 1423356284683.jpg (177 KB, 1088x687) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423356284683.jpg
177 KB, 1088x687
Excuse me, Admiral, but why did Sovereign need to invade the Citadel at all when Citadel itself is a reaper capable of morphing its structures? For that matter, why didn't The Citadel/Stard Child just activate the fucking relay?

Oh and Admiral, would you explain why all the squadmates who were aware of galaxy's imminent destruction just go about their life goals im ME2 like nothing happened?

>Hurr fighting crime
>Hurr shaduw burker
>Hurr reclaim Quarian homeweworld
>>
>>283146590
>Roll Up the Rim to Reapers

God bless you for this anon.
>>
>>283147129

>people never have fun during war time
>people never try to distract themselves during war time
>>
File: 1423816388987.png (464 KB, 859x590) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423816388987.png
464 KB, 859x590
Why didn't Cerberus put a bomb in Shepard's neck and just detonate it after he had serves his purpose? They didn't mess with his brain because they wanted 'the real Shepard' but a bomb in his neck wouldn't mess with his brain.

Why didn't Sovereign borrow the Collector's magic bugs? It would have helped a lot during that attack on the Citadel!

Why didn't Shepard tell the Alliance about the dead Reaper? It would have instantly proved the Reapers existed, were a real threat, and they could have used it to test weapons against it's armor even if going inside WAS dangerous.

Why wasn't there even an option to give the Collector base to the Alliance? That really seems like something that'd be useful in preparing to fight the Reapers.

Why did Legion wear Shepard's armor?

If the Asari had a Prothean Conduit on their planet the entire time that rapidly advanced their civilization, why did the Asari still not know the reapers existed? The conduit contained part of a plan for the weapon to be used against them!

Why does the 'destroy' option destroy all synthetic life? That don't make no sense! Synthetic life is just components, anything that would destroy the Reapers AND the Geth AND ED-I even though ED-I was a totally human made android at the time would mean it'd need to destroy any complex piece of electronics!

How does fusing synthetic and organic life give leaves circuit board patterns?

What?

Huuuuuuh?
>>
>>283147129
What the fuck am I even looking at?
>>
File: 1403805070500.jpg (174 KB, 510x546) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403805070500.jpg
174 KB, 510x546
>>283147021
I know you missed a word there but the image of a schizoid Spess Marine that hears a whole hierarchy of voices is absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>283147154
>and whatever turian forces he commands
He had none of that
>>
>>283147129

Citadel DLC is something that would be good if it was a part of ME2 or something. Its just complete cognitive dissonance when they have it happen during ME3, especially when the optimal time to do it is right after fucking Thessia.
>>
I'm watching the Ep 3 review right now 2spooky4me
>>
>>283146607
>It thinks it's a god.
It still doesn't think it's invincible, and doesn't want to be made vulnerable. Vigil says as much.

> And the first thing we see when we approach the citadel is DOZENS OF ADVANCED WARSHIPS IN WHAT AMOUNTS TO TIME SQUARE
Which are ships that they built. No matter what lie Saren made, it's still a a completely unknown piece of technology that could do any manner of dangerous shit, and considering the value of Prothean artifacts, would also be the the most valuable item in the galaxy.

>"Hey, I have a mission. I need twenty good C-sec officers to come with me, because there are some geth out there that attacked a colony."
Like I said, there are work arounds.

>"Here's your villain, folks. Yeah, he makes every mistake imaginable, but hey, he needs to in order for you to win. Drama!"
In every single piece of fiction ever made, villain and hero both could have made their plans more simple, reasonable, and less overblown. But that's not how narrative works.
>>
>>283147242
>Literally all sentient life is being extinguished at this moment in a war against space elder gods
>lol let's kareoke
>>
>>283146484
Saving both proves that organics and synthetics can coexist, which will disprove the Starchild's entire philosophy.

Then you pick destroy and the Geth will be killed, but they could just remake the Geth. The only real casualty is EDI. Why did Legion "die" if he is supposed to be a physical platform of the Geth collective? Wouldn't the other Geth be just like him?
>>
>>283147285

So that just leaves the army of killer spiderbugs, the killer robots and the psychic space commandos. Does he really need frog-wookiees on top of that?
>>
>>283147145
No the the game play was ass. It felt like a poor man's TPS with an awkward cover system and zero semblance of balancing whatsoever. The upgraded and mods were pedantic and contributed nothing that a simpler upgrade system couldn't have.
The writing was garbage with potholes everywhere. If you need to compare it to the dogshit that are ME2 and ME3, that's a stealth insult at the writing.
>>
>>283147260
because shit writing

I'm sure they'll joke about it in ME4 and pretend the first 3 games were some really bad TV show
>>
>>283147260
>Why didn't Shepard tell the Alliance about the dead Reaper? It would have instantly proved the Reapers existed, were a real threat, and they could have used it to test weapons against it's armor even if going inside WAS dangerous.

It fell into the gas planet or whatever that was
>>
>>283147129
what the fuck is this? I never played any ME3 dlc
>>
>>283146694
But I thought they only didnt fuck with races who werent advanced enough to travel space? If they could reach the citadel I thought they were fair game?
>>
>>283147337

>last chance to do it probably
>not using it
>>
>>283147286
Citadel dlc felt like something you put in after the main story is done. just you and you friends having fun but, that's would not have been possible thanks to that disgusting ending.
>>
>>283147242
ME3 is fucking retarded because the game literally starts with the beginning of a war for the fate of all sentient life.

Bioware could not possible have set the stakes higher, but the rest of the game doesn't match that tone at all. You have to actually ignore the tone the narrative of the game tries to set for any of the side quests or other bullshit to make sense.
>>
>>283147430
>the gameplay was ass

I thought it was fine, not GoW enough for you?
>>
File: Udinacharactershot.png (256 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Udinacharactershot.png
256 KB, 500x500
Udina is the stupidest asshole ever. This fucking idiot has been around for three games and is the dumbest person in the galaxy.
>>
>>283147506
An actually reasonable and not disgustingly awful reason for why Reapers do what they do.
>>
>>283145001
>biowere can't write

This post is perfect, especially with the spelling mistake.

Its like even a retard can see that they're shit.
>>
>Legion in ME2
>Geth should find their own answer and not use the old machines technology

>Legion in ME3
>Whatever just adding this reaper code to everyone
>>
>>283147506
Thats the precursor race that built the Reapers 50 Quadrillion years ago
>>
>>283147217
>at all when Citadel itself is a reaper capable of morphing its structures? For that matter, why didn't The Citadel/Stard Child just activate the fucking relay?
Pay attention to the thread and you will find out, see >>283146976

>>283147260
They respect Shepard to much and wanted the person alive

He didn't think he would need them

Because the dead Reaper got sucked into a black hole, pay attention.

Because reasons

Symbolism

Said conduit said nothing about the reapers

Galaxy wide EMP

Symbolism
>>
>>283147532
>literally 100 million people died while Shepard was singing

sorta takes the fun out of it

Shepard is literally the only person capable of stopping the Reapers.This whole war takes 2, maybe 3 weeks. Somehow I doubt the boys marching on Berlin stopped and partied very often.
>>
>>283144890
Excuse me, fa/tg/uy, but why do you bring your shit memes from your containment board over to /v/?
>>
>>283147635
I'm not talking about keepers you idiot
>>
>>283147559
It wishes it was as fluid as GoW.
>>
>>283147532
>wasting time while millions if not billions of people are dying everyday and planets being raped

im glad you not an army commander
>>
>>283147217
Because I assume the cycle, at least to the catalyst, is a test for the organics (hence the whole Crucible deal, see if the squishies can get their shit together long enough and well enough to prove our solution isn't working anymore)
Also, what would you have had them do?
>>
>>283147598
>>283147629
shit I need to read up on that
>>
>>283147598
its basically exactly what happened to the Quarians, except the Geth didnt try to kill everyone afterwards, at least not by themselves
>>
>>283147654

So? Mabye they should have listened to him when he was going around screaming REAPERS ARE COMING!
Sorry, now he is busy having fun with his friends.
>>
>>283145242
Normandy was built for speed and stealth. It's the most advanced ship because they were able redirect all thermal exhaust inwards for a period of time rendering them essentially invisible to electronic detection systems. It was not meant to be a direct combat ship, hence why you have to upgrade the shit out of in 2 to stand a chance. Even with upgrades it would likely have been less well armed and armored than a bigger dreadnought style ship, and it still blew right through the fucking collectors main base like it was nothing. Collectors vs an armada of bigger ships woulda been fucked up good.

That's the in universe rationalization, but we all know the real answer for bioware plotholes is that they can't write themselves out of a cardboard box.
>>
>>283147285
Saren was practically a demigod to the turians, they would have given him soldiers if he'd asked for them. But being a real turian bean and a real hero he only used dumbass krogan clones, robots, and bugs that noone liked. God bless you Saren.
>>
>>283147374
He had difficulty controlling the spiderbugs so might as well rule them out, so yes he needed the frog wookiees.
>>
>>283147672

>/tg/

Since when was the star trek guy from the Plinkett reviews a /tg/ meme? Doesn't /tv/ own the rights?
>>
>>283147673
It's a computer, it can't just get up and pull the "turn on the complex gateway mass receiving thing" lever.

The keepers where the only ones capable of turning it on.

Kind of seems like a redundant design, when they could have just hooked it up to star kid, but it is what is.
>>
>>283147313
>It still doesn't think it's invincible, and doesn't want to be made vulnerable. Vigil says as much.

Then park it at a safe distance and have a crew work on it. Rotate out the crews so that you indoctrinate as many techs as possible. This is simple stuff. It even happened later in the series.

> Which are ships that they built. No matter what lie Saren made, it's still a a completely unknown piece of technology that could do any manner of dangerous shit, and considering the value of Prothean artifacts, would also be the the most valuable item in the galaxy.

Except people though it was a geth warship. Still dangerous, but it's simple enough to say, "Hey, we've got it parked outside. Best chance to understand the geth menace! Everybody pile in and study it!"

> In every single piece of fiction ever made, villain and hero both could have made their plans more simple, reasonable, and less overblown. But that's not how narrative works.

There are hundreds of examples where that doesn't happen. We call that "good writing," which is not "bad writing," where bad writers write in things called "plot holes." If your villain has a "kill all of the people who oppose me" button and never even tries to use it, people are going to wonder why he doesn't push the button. Good writers don't give villains buttons like that to begin with.

There are simple fixes to this. It's just really bad writing.
>>
File: x.jpg (541 KB, 1280x933) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
x.jpg
541 KB, 1280x933
>>
>>283147260
The Asari could never properly interface with the Prothean tech, they needed the Cipher which was holed up in Shepherds brain
>>
>>283147559
If I have to make a comparison, I'd say it's clunky like AP and DayZ. If you think awkward and ass game play is good, then you are the other side of the coin of people who loved ME3.
>>
>>283147673
It's the keepers job to active the relay
>>
File: 1399459912730.jpg (48 KB, 429x377) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1399459912730.jpg
48 KB, 429x377
>>283147725
>they stronger than all the reapers
>could easily destroy them by just thinking.
>been chilling out on a empty planet because reasons
>refuse ending is still a thing even when they join your army.
>>
>>283147706

>expecting Shepard to do allthe work

they still had to build the Crucible, what the hell was he supposed to do? shoot spaceships with his guns?
>>
I think we all went to play this DLC just to get it over with. It was like an obligation. Like going to your stupid daughter's college graduation. You know it's gonna suck, but you gotta go just to get it over with. Nah, fuck that metaphor. This was like going to an autopsy. You know it's dead, and nothing's going to change that. But you gotta do an autopsy to find out what killed it... or who killed it.
>>
>>283147776

To do what? Conquer the galaxy? Isn't that what the Reapers were going to do, under his vision?

Really, an army of killer robots is kind of a trump card on its own.
>>
>>283147879
ME3 had great gameplay, dont get me wrong, but ME1 is still really good in its own right

maybe its just the kotor-esque feeling it has, but I really like it

but 2 was just utter shit, worse than both 3 and 1 in every way
>>
>>283147746
Which is why it doesn't suck, it actually pulls together the Reapers with all of the shit presented throughout the series to form a coherent message.

That and it makes the Reapers acting retarded make sense.

Too bad it exists purely within the vacuum of a single DLC, and one throw away line by star kid.
>>
>>283147114
Retconned from existence, it never happened.

In fact, the SoB saved Mary Sue Draigo from being ambushed and killed (let's not get into how he can die in real-space but not against Gods in the fucking Warp).

So, no hats.
>>
>>283146590
Most people here won't get that

I thought it was cute though

I've never won anything beyond a coffee. I know a tattoo artist who won a car last year. Fuck.
>>
>>283147440
This would be the final nail in the coffin.
After all the broken promises, half-assed writing and shitty marketing, that would be an ultimate fuck you to ME fans.
>>
I miss this thing /v/, The SR-1 was small, simple, and had the best interior. In ME2 and 3 the new Normandy is so fuckhuge that most of the time you're using the shitty little shuttle to dock. It's even worse in ME3 because Cortez starts talking to you over the radio instead of Joker
>>
>>283147998
To invade the citadel, there were some krograns there.
>>
>>283145735
There is that. But I can't imagine Saren just waltzing up to the council and saying - "Hey guys I need to push the shiny red hologram for, uh, reasons of galactic security. Step aside please?"

Plus as it turns out, you needed a data file to override the lock the Protheans put on the Citadel relay. Which is what Vigil the Prothean VI gives to Shepard (and is forced to give to Saren) to gain access to the system to open the relay. I guess it also took some time to activate a dormant relay - which is what Sovereign was trying to do before Shepard and Joker buttfucked him. Which is what he learned from the Beacon, mind raped a Rachni Queen for the location of the only entrance to Ilos and get there to do it all.

Makes some sense like that, I think.
>>
File: 1423816388987.png (477 KB, 590x859) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423816388987.png
477 KB, 590x859
Why is the shuttle pilot for the Normandy someone who is so wracked with grief he works triple shifts and can't stop crying?

It's not like his husband died three days ago, it was months ago! This is not a stable person who should be the shuttle pilot for literally the most important person alive. If you work at Wal-Mart and ask to work 100 hours a week and cry every second you're not running the register they're going to tell you to go home until your shit gets together.

Even the military TODAY can recognize a wildly unstable person who shouldn't have the lives of others put in their hands, but they can't find someone else to fly the fucking shuttle?
>>
File: 27868994[1].jpg (101 KB, 640x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
27868994[1].jpg
101 KB, 640x360
You know I could spend ten hours talking about how incredibly dumb this entire sequence is.

But I'm gonna try to do it in nine.
>>
>>283147936
>Depending on inbred cuttlefish
>Oh shit, they're trying to brain wash us, better cover their poop balls up
>>
>>283148017
>retconned
why would Matt 'The Hack' Ward ever let his precious Grey Knights lore be retconned? Who was it retconned by?
>>
>>283148052
The SR-1 was ugly, poorly lit and bad colors.
>>
>>283148041
>final nail in the coffin
>ultimate fuck you to the fans

but that would be ME3, anon

>>283148015
it still sucks, a lot
>>
File: illusive.png (646 KB, 922x922) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
illusive.png
646 KB, 922x922
Even Ray Charles could see that coming, and he doesn't know anything about Mass Effect.
>>
File: masseffect3kid.jpg (48 KB, 830x258) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
masseffect3kid.jpg
48 KB, 830x258
One of the greatest things about the original Mass Effect is that we never saw any children. I think maybe one was in the citadel but really no kids were involved at all.

But now we gotta see more kids.
>>
I wish Bioware was like Atlus and ME like Persona.
At this point we would have a dancing minigame with all the girls from ME and a crossover game with characters from DA and ME in it.
>>
>>283147587
3 made him go full retard.
>>
>>283147654
No one believed Shepard when he told them space cthulu was coming so he had to shoulder the stress and PTSD all by himself, including seeing a kid die. I'd say he has the right to give the middle finger to everyone and spend a few days partying.
>>
>>283147369
He didn't sync himself with g-tunes before he died so all his experiences since before he met shepherd were essentially lost. Why he didn't fucking sync back in between ME2 and 3 I don't fucking know. It seems like he learned some pretty important shit during ME2 that would have been helpful to the rest of the geth.

Oh right, bioware can't into writing, and they wanted to make us feel sad so they killed off the only character that needed an explanation as to why him dying even mattered. It's just like when they killed of Darwin in that shitty x-men movie.
>>
>>283148171
YOU SHUT YOUR FUCKING WHORE MOUTH YOU DOUBLE NIGGER
>>
>>283147803
The whole "Excuse me X" exploded on /tg/ recently, so it's pretty safe to assume they're from there. /tv/ is too busy baneposting and whatever other dank meme somebody managed to make "INTERNUT HEESTORY!!!!" today.
>>
>you will never play a game that plays like MG Rising with Kai Leng
>you will never go around cutting reapers all over the place
>>
>>283148173
>it still sucks, a lot
How so? I thought it was the best, most imaginative, least idiotic idea since ME1.
>>
File: bioware.png (81 KB, 500x380) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bioware.png
81 KB, 500x380
>>
>>283148041
>>283148173
>>
File: SarenHusk1.png (571 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SarenHusk1.png
571 KB, 1280x720
So Saren kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.
>>
>>283148013
I don't know what to tell you man, ME1 was just the least polished and fluid game in terms of mechanics. I mean if you like that kind of ass then more power to you, but don't try to claim it's great. Even retards who loved AP admit it was a weak TPS.
>>
>>283147242
It's true that soldiers aren't all melancholy doom and gloom 24/7, but that kind of shit really doesn't need to be shown in a story, since it wrecks the tone and doesn't really add anything.

It can be shown well, something like Full Metal Jacket being a good example (it even has a sing-a-long too), but Bioware executed it fucking horrendously.
>>
>>283147954
save civilians?
collect info on Cerberus?
>>
File: skyoshock.png (1 MB, 1157x872) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
skyoshock.png
1 MB, 1157x872
>>283148242
we've always had these threads about ME though.

And Bioshock Infinite.

And DmC.
>>
>>283148231
It was, this is what happens when you let filthy Xenos design your ship.
>>
>>283147506
>>283147263
Haven't played it, but I think that's supposed to be the race that invented the reapers.
>>
>>283148329
>>
>>283148095

Its very obvious that they had to come up with something for Cortez to do that wouldn't really involve him in the plot much.

Also why is the dropship of an advanced military frigate the same shuttles I see buzzing around the citadel?
>>
File: Codex_ME_-_Volus.png (104 KB, 256x256) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Codex_ME_-_Volus.png
104 KB, 256x256
We even saw the first Jew in Mass Effect!
>>
>>283148264
does somebody have the letter from kai leng edit?

>>283148303
>giant immortal space cthulus
>creates a race of robots that kills most of them and takes over the galaxy
>even though reapers supposedly made versions based off other races, the only models you see aside from the human one are the space cthulus
>they dont even help in the final battle, they just mind control some shit
>>
>>283146318
The original system was to have thermal clips and if you ran out it would revert back to the cooldown method from ME1.

This was apparently in earlier builds of the game, but they changed it for no reason, I'm not sure why, sounds like they had it right. Having both would have made insane difficulty runs of ME2 a lot less fucking tedious.
>>
>>283148449
Oh, I hope they make a DLC about the race who invented them.
>>
>>283148405
I know, but the "Excuse me" intro is from /tg/.
>>
>>283148405
>And DmC.
Your a filthy liar, the DmC threads are about fuck you, bigger dicks, wubstep and talking about how a betrayal it is for the franchise. Not
>Excuse me xxxxx but
>>
>>283146674
I thought the idea was that if the leadership of a chapter, as opposed to a full legion, of space marines turned traitorous, it would mean fewer actual space marines turning to Chaos. A thousand compared to, what, ten thousand? A hundred thousand? However big the legions were.
>>
>>283148461
>lazy enough even to make the marketing of your video-game
Wow.
>>
OMG ME IS SO ORIGINAL AND AWESOME AND GREAT BIOWARE 10/10 SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>283148346
>least polished and fluid game

I'll take clunky gameplay with lots of interesting customization and actual variation in squad tactics over the watered down, oversimplified, handholding shit that was ME2 and 3.
>>
>>283144890

Geth were a more recognizable threat, the collectors were not a fleet or force, they were meant to attack small colonies and build the reapers. The geth were a much bigger army, so they were ideal.

Also the collectors got wiped out by the Normandy and its crew, its the most advanced ship, but its not a battle cruiser, its meant for stealth missions.
>>
>>283147260
>Why didn't Cerberus put a bomb in Shepard's neck and just detonate it after he had serves his purpose? They didn't mess with his brain because they wanted 'the real Shepard' but a bomb in his neck wouldn't mess with his brain.
this one feels pointless because it would've just added a "get the bomb outta my neck!" mission or some plot twist to subvert it. It doesn't really add or take away from the story. It could be detected at some point and then gotten rid of.
>>
>>283148526
It's from the Plinkett videos which is what all of those things are based on anyway.
>>
>>283146769
That's like the Star Wars Christmas special
>>
>>283148492
>even though reapers supposedly made versions based off other races, the only models you see aside from the human one are the space cthulus
That's an idiotic thing created in ME2.

>they dont even help in the final battle, they just mind control some shit
Because DLC.
>>
>>283148680
Correct.
>>
So, does the story of DA:I make more sense?
>>
File: death.png (463 KB, 1228x692) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
death.png
463 KB, 1228x692
All the scenes and all this shit is to get Shepard to work for Cerberus for no real reason at all. And people wonder why the sequels are bad, poorly-written games. I stand by my statement that people that like these games are either drooling idiots that just like romance, or tiny babies.
>>
>>283148680
I thought Plinkett abused the 'Why didn't they just' card.
>>
File: urquan.png (196 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
urquan.png
196 KB, 640x480
>>283148592
(By the way, this one random PC game from the 90s? Is better than all three mass effect games combined.)
>>
>>283148719
>idiotic thing created in ME2

they fucking said it though, the collectors and reapers make other reapers based off other races they harvest, but all the reapers look like fucking space cthulu, and the fact the human reaper looked human disproves the notion that they dont look like the race they were harvested from
>>
>>283148746
What story?

It's just a backdrop to start pumping lore for a much more interesting story about how the Elves are the Old Gods who fucked up the Golden City. Which Bioware will also fuck up and make uninteresting.
>>
it's a space opera
doesn't have to make sense
it's not like the original SW movies were any better
>>
Whats wrong with your FAAAAAAAACCCEEEEE
>>
>>283148845
Yes. And it's dumb. And it wasn't introduced in the Leviathan DLC.
>>
>>283148750
>All the scenes and all this shit is to get Shepard to work for Cerberus for no real reason at all
Original idea was him working with geth's, but "misunderstood villains" and "dark heroes" are more popular
It's sad, but nothing we can do with it. You can see even there retards who circlejerk on Cerberus
>>
>>283148929
only part of ME2 I liked
>>
>>283148746
No.

The antagonist is the guy from the DA2 DLC but nobody played that so they have to bring Hawke in to say he's as powerful as 10 gokus.
>>
>>283148610
>interesting customization
Please. Most of what your modifiers did was add more % to some effect that are really just fancy ways of saying shit like "armor shred" and "poison" that exists in Much better form in ME3. This isn't even getting into the fact that the balance is fucked with shining examples like beating the entire game with nothing but the pistol and one skill.
>actual variation of squad tactics
Are you shit at the game? You need about ad much thought into that as ME2,which is saying nothing more than the bare minimum of covering any immunities Shepard can't handle.

I'm so sick and tired of MEBabbies putting ME1 on a pedestal.
>>
File: 1422943739041.png (57 KB, 398x409) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422943739041.png
57 KB, 398x409
>>283147619
Not him but I don't think it's a mistake.

I think the term Biowere implies that they're a has-been company.
>>
File: CerberusHusk.png (532 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CerberusHusk.png
532 KB, 1280x721
If you ask me, Cerberus and the Reapers should have been combined to form a new enemy, called The Reapers.
>>
>>283149040
you sound really mad, and wrong
>>
File: smug tuna 2.jpg (46 KB, 398x409) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smug tuna 2.jpg
46 KB, 398x409
>>283149054
I like that explanation a lot.
>>
>>283148783
That's from the HitB Prometheus review.

The "Excuse me" thing is from the Plinkett reviews which predate that by years.
>>
>>283149173
>Too videogamey
>>
>>283148930
the DLC didnt make it better, it just made it more retarded, because given the fact that reapers supposedly look like the race they are harvested from, how many space cthulus were there? how many were needed for one reaper? why are some different sizes? do space cthulus vary in size? why do all of them look like space cthulus?

none of these questions and more were answered in the DLC
>>
>>283149189
>ur mad!!
Compelling argument, champ, now are we done here? I think we are, since you clearly can't explain why ME1 is a good TPS or even a good story.
goodnight.
>>
>>283148120
Why didn't Shepard start rolling the cab or performing dangerous manoeuvres with it to shake Leng off the roof?
>>
>>283148849
DA:I is so heavily... influenced, by Warhammer Fantasy/40k, that I bet Moorcock (who inspired the Elven faction in WHFB) is pretty pissed.

Oh. There is another place called "The Fade". No, not the Warp, the Fade. It's home to Demons. No, Demons, not Daemons. They're all based on human emotions like rage and desire... No, not like Chaos Gods. Magic users, not pyskers, can purposely or accidently summon demons into the reality but risk possession, totally unlike the pyskers who do the exact thing. So to stop this, the Templars are created, adept at fighting mages. Completely different to Black Ships and Sisters of Silence who are also adept at fighting psykers.

I could go on.
>>
File: kai leng.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kai leng.jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
You know, it really adds a lot of tension in a movie when the main enemy forces are totally ineffective.
>>
File: 1411257371676.jpg (109 KB, 358x429) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411257371676.jpg
109 KB, 358x429
>>283148819
>Star Control II
>"this one random PC game from the 90s"
Nigga I will hang you with your own entrails.
>>
>>283149370
>its not gears of war, so its bad

get a load of this faggot
>>
>>283144890
>For that matter, why did he lie about his motives being incomprehensible?

Translator glitch. He meant to say irrational
>>
>>283149389
>are totally ineffective.

he just handed Shepard's ass on Thessia
>>
File: Kailengletter.jpg (138 KB, 1023x636) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kailengletter.jpg
138 KB, 1023x636
>>
Should have just made them Borg, it's not like people rememer Star Trek anyway
>>
>>283149563

sounds just like Monsoon to me
>>
>>283149380
dude, there are a lot more things in Dragon Age that were inspired by other works, the whole Grimdark themes of Game of Thrones or 'mages can go insane and have to be locked up or stilled' which is taken directly from Wheel of Time. Lots of other things that are pretty much genre tropes.
>>
>>283149505

The helicopter handed Shepard his ass. Leng got his ass beat.

For fucks sake Thane fucked up his entire plan and he was half dead at the time.
>>
>>283149505
>he just handed Shepard's ass on Thessia

he fucking plot armoured his way through getting his asshole ripped open by the MC and then bad writinged his way out of the fight
>>
>>283149287
I hope he is aware of the cancer he has created.
>>283149352
They had a galaxy wide empire so count on a lot and given their size chances are you only need one to make a reaper, also the reapers are supposed to look like every harvest race but blame Bioware laziness for all of them looking the same.
>>
ITT: autists who think whining about "plot holes" qualifies as valid criticism
>>
>>283149670
This. I hate how /v/ is always quick to label any cliche/homage as a copy.
>>
Whatever this is a game for children
>>
>>283146767
>wanting to side with a douchbag admiral who tried to shoot up a ship while you were on it
>>
>>283149352
Well no, it's the same issue as before. It was never that there were millions of different squid races, it was just that "the Reapers look like their progenitor race" thing never made sense. Leviathan doesn't even touch upon the issue.

And it's one DLC that works really well and fixes some things. To put upon it the demand that it fix the mile long list of fuck ups and bad pieces of writing found in ME2 and ME3 doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>283149760
Here's your reply.
>>
>>283149760
you are correct to a degree, the obsessive nitpicking certainly doesn't do any good (other than giving lulz, which is fine by me)

there are however some plotholes that are indeed bigger than the fucking galaxy and its alright pointing them out because we should hold developers to a higher standard - particularly the ones like Bioware which emphasize how important story is to them
>>
>>283149670
>Grimdark

A discription started by 40k! Ah HA!

Joking aside, I know, but it's pretty fucking galling when it's the exact same fucking thing. I get tropes exist, shit like Elves, Orcs, Humans, Dwarfs and stuff I can accept, Dwarfs being good underground and hating being outside, all good tropes.

However they didn't have to copy and paste a popular settings thing pretty much completely.

Shouldn't they be trying to create a new experience within the confines of established tropes? Like, use the same races and shit like that, but build on it. There is always an ancient evil or a lost civilization or dead Gods or some shit, but the thing is they're mostly (I would say all) different from setting to setting.

This copied an exact mechanic. It was just boring. Is there seriously no other way they could do it? I mean why were the demons based on emotions as well? Why could they possess people? Why was there a order created to maintain them?

As I said, I could go on.
>>
>>283149824
After all, these are just simple games made for kids and not adults at all. Which is why they have:
assassination attempts
sexual innuendo
decapitations
kidnap, torture and suggested rape
hookers
boring political dialogue
forced amputations
drug dealing
mass murder
>>
>>283144890
No one knew Collectors even existed back then.
And I mean about the devs, not in-lore.
>>
>>283144890
they changed writers by the second game, and by the third the main writer left.
>>
>>283149760
Theres no need to even find plot holes in this series. The entirety of 2 didnt even advance the plot. Its an extremely weak series. I think it only gets praise cause you get to be a space captain with a crew like star trek.
>>
File: 1385918460482.gif (2 MB, 444x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1385918460482.gif
2 MB, 444x250
>game about fucking alien chicks

>game won't let you fuck the asari milf

what the fuck was the point of this game again?
>>
File: STEEEEEVE.png (931 KB, 1284x694) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
STEEEEEVE.png
931 KB, 1284x694
Aw, he's accidentally flying the space ship. How cute. I hope he fucking dies.
>>
>>283150248
Pretty sure he was attacked
>>283150202
>Can't even fuck the human milf
Why do you hate mature women Bioware?
>>
File: 1417525345760.png (1 MB, 989x1334) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417525345760.png
1 MB, 989x1334
>>283149663
It doesn't sound like Monsoon at all.

Monsoon is edgy, but in a good way. Kai Leng is like some twelve year old weeaboo on deviantart's vision of badass.
>>
>>283150042
personally I think the way they took certain things and themes and mixed them up was pretty interesting, particularly when infused with a unique visual style and atmosphere.
>>
File: drew.jpg (29 KB, 500x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
drew.jpg
29 KB, 500x200
Drew Karpyshyn is frozen in utter shock at how horrible the game was. Internally, he regrets not challenging Walters on some of the things he was worried about.
>>
>>283150593
I may have gon too far in a few places
>>
>>283150593
I get this is a quite but anyway, didnt Drew leave before ME3?
Not that it matters much because ME2 already took a turn for the worse but anyway..
>>
>>283150567
Eh.

40k has probably done the right mix up of things, in my eyes. It's so completely convoluted that there is probably a reference somewhere to something.

I just found it a bit boring, that's all. Maybe it's cause being a 40kid stuck in my head as I was playing it.
>>
>>283150593
Both ME2 and ME3 were more popular than first game
Even on /v/ people love me2 more
So maybe Walters was right?
>>
>>283145407
Why didn't they?
How long were they making it? Why couldn't Sov wait? There would be 2 Reapers and a Collector's ship with all this fancy crap on board, effectively tripling their chances.
>>
>>283150768
Every ME game sold less than the previous one.
>>
File: 1407535277227.png (461 KB, 679x565) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407535277227.png
461 KB, 679x565
Mass Effect 3 is now the greatest example of interactive blue balls in the history of video games. Never again will anything be more wildly anticipated, or a bigger disappointment.
>>
File: 06b4-011[1].jpg (190 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
06b4-011[1].jpg
190 KB, 1280x800
In fact this is so genius I have a feeling Mac Walters had nothing to do with it, and actually fought against putting it in the game.
>>
>>283150943
i really liked that dlc.
>>
>>283150768

Pandering to the lowest common denominator will typically make your more popular.

Me2 was more popular on /v/ because it frankly had a much better Normandy crew and much better combat. It wasn't until later that people started noticing how shoddy the main story was.
>>
>>283151256
>Me2 was more popular on /v/ because it frankly had a much better Normandy crew
You mean crew was waifu pandering shit?
>>
>>283146729
He is brainwashed Sovereign wont care if Saren survives
>>
>>283150858
Oh please. DNF came out you know.
>>
>>283149380
>that I bet Moorcock (who inspired the Elven faction in WHFB) is pretty pissed

Moorcock has built his career around being eternally butthurt at writers who don't conform to his narrow mold of good fantasy/sci-fi, so I think he'd be overjoyed to find that a few people are aping him.
>>
File: 1311603778372.jpg (32 KB, 323x323) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1311603778372.jpg
32 KB, 323x323
>>283146767
>sexy
>>
>>283151346

Yes, that too definitely played a part for a lot of people. But even twith the waifu shit aside as a whole I'd say barring Wrex the original crew wasn't as interesting.
>>
>>283151256
>wasnt until later

oh no. there were detractors from the start. but it was like when you say ME2 is bad anywhere but on /v/:
>LOL TROLL GTFO ME2 is amaaaazeballs :))c

TOR was when everything did a 180
>>
>>283151070
I liked the new species and the idea of a race too violent for the Citadel to try and make contact with them, but Lair of the Shadow Broker basically started one of my major problems with ME3, that is literally every conflict in the series being tied up in a very clean, easily resolvable way.
>>
>>283151564
>TOR was when everything did a 180

Earlier. DA2 was the first strike.
>>
>>283151636
you're right i forgot it even existed
>>
>>283148090
I agree with this Anon.
>>
>>283151546
The only good crew members that ME2 brought to the table for me were Mordin and Legion, I would have rather just had them become new additions to my old crew than adding a whole new roster. Samara and Grunt would have worked better as important NPCs, and Miranda and Jacob were just as bad as Ashley and Kaidan.
>>
File: yTeXw.jpg (57 KB, 336x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yTeXw.jpg
57 KB, 336x480
It's like Walters and Hudson finished the script in one draft and like, turned it in and they decided to go with it, without anyone saying that it made no sense at all and that it was a stupid, incoherent mess. I guess at this point, who's going to question Casey and tell him what to do? He controls every aspect of the game. He probably got rid of those people who questioned him creatively a long time ago.
>>
>>283151598
its even more disappointing when liara dosent do anything worth while as the shadow broker.
>>
File: 1416512448952.png (76 KB, 231x181) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1416512448952.png
76 KB, 231x181
>>283144890
>why did he lie about his motives being incomprehensible?
I think it was less of a lie and more "You wouldn't understand."

And honestly? I still don't. "Kill organics who make synthetics because then the synthetics will kill organics"? That right? Because it's too dumb for me to get.

ME3 was honestly pretty fun up until that ending. Also fuck Kai Leng.
>>
>>283145979
Can someone make this into an MSPaint comic please? It's too good not to..
>>
File: klo.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
klo.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>283150858
>Big fan reaction
They try to capitalize on overwhelming butthurt of once loving fans?
>>
>>283147619
>points out spelling mistake
>makes the exact same mistake in response
>It's
Why is it that spelling and grammar police always make such fools of themselves?
>>
At the end of the game, Shepard goes to Ilos to solve the problem himself, because the Council wanted to send an independent team to investigate whether or not the invasion was real.

I guess the testimony of a SPECTRE wasn't good enough. And this was the guy Tevos trusted enough to settle the whole dispute in the first place? That don't make sense.
>>
>>283146674
Rowboat Gullyman is a secret Chaos sleeper agent who's mission was to undermine the loyalist marines by splitting their ranks and making the rules as boring and restrictive as possible.

Luckily the Black Templars are onto his shit.
>>
File: 1423732652300.jpg (678 KB, 2307x1730) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423732652300.jpg
678 KB, 2307x1730
>>283145407
Man FUCK WHAT WAS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE HUMAN REAPER?
I really really really really wish they would release even a cursory version of the original plot. it was going for the fucking best climax ever if you really got into the lore and shit
FUCK
>>
File: ME2_Loki_Mech[1].png (415 KB, 448x779) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ME2_Loki_Mech[1].png
415 KB, 448x779
SPECTREs cut 'em down like they're butter. And they really are pretty useless.
>>
6. INVASION! Of boring.
>>
>>283144890
Because Mass Effect is an absolute shit series that did nothing right right from the get-go. It only became popular because we don't have many sci-fi RPGs.
>>
>>283152210
it's not that they didn't believe him about saren, they did. they just couldn't send a fleet to the terminus systems
>>
>>283145852
>Why did Shepard have to work with Cerberus?
Space Racism leaving people on their own.
>Why don't the council believe in the Reapers?
They never believed Shepard. Probably indoctrinated.
>How did every single piece of Sovereign get lost or stolen?
Stolen by indoctrinated agents of the Reapers.
>Even if they thought Sovereign was a Geth
It was an easy to swallow cover.
>all the Husks and Saren's body
Covered up by indoctrinated agents of the Reapers.
>why did they only send the Normandy to clean up the Geth?
It was a set-up.
>Why didn't they ever recover the Normandy after it was shot down?
By that point, the Alliance was already indoctrinated in such a great percentage they could do it.
>Why doesn't the Council care about the Human colonies going dead?
They're all indoctrinated. Missing colonists were not yet indoctrinated so it was good.
>Why is there still a dickhead Turian on the council, even if you let the council die?
Indoctrination and racial quotas.
>Why did every gun manufacturer switch
Reapers' ploy to lower firepower in the galaxy.
>Why did the stranded soldiers on Jacob's survival mission still use these new guns with the heatsinks when they've been stranded for 10 years?
Indoctrination is retroactive.

Hope this makes more sense.
>>
File: not a reaper.png (66 KB, 480x340) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
not a reaper.png
66 KB, 480x340
>>283148461
>>283148592
>>283148819
>>283148461
>>283148592
How come no one ever mentions Freespace when we talk about games Bioware ripped off for Mass Effect?
>>
In ME2 you successfully stop the opening of the Omega 4 relay so the reapers can't get in, but at the start of 3, they're like "LOL HI EARTH HERE WE ARE!"

What the fuck?

I fucking adore the series though, even for all its shitty shitty writing, lore destroying retcons and messy coding.
>>
at the end of ME2 the collector is all like "yeah this isn't the end mate" and then he's never mentioned again in 3, right?
>>
File: protagoneist.png (765 KB, 908x589) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
protagoneist.png
765 KB, 908x589
See, in most games, the audience needs a character to connect with. Typically this character is what's known as a "proto-gone-ist." When you're in a weird game with, like, aliens, monsters and weirdos, the audience really needs someone who's like a normal person like them to guide them through the story. Now of course, this doesn't apply to EVERY game, but it works best in the sci-fi, superhero, action and fantasy genres. I picked a few examples to help illustrate this point: Gordon Freeman, Snake, The Nameless One, Jack Wynand, Link, C.J., The Chosen Undead, Leon S Kennedy, Guybrush Threepwood, Lee Everett, and Troy Baker.
>>
>>283152852
If you're talking about the one "control room" collector (ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL) I think he was just being controlled by Harbinger
>>
>>283153035
Oh that makes sense. Sorry.
>>
>>283146765
Nah, they wanted to make:
>YOU, The Shepard, Saviour of the Galaxy
vs
>this goof right here, hater, Conrad "Pathetic Schmuck" Verner
>>
>>283152759
I guess they still figured out a way to get out of dark space. Shepard even says at the end of me1 that the problem isn't over
>>283152852
the reaper on rannoch talks about harbinger speaking about shep
>>
>>283152706
i love this meme
>>
File: headcanon.png (1 MB, 900x972) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
headcanon.png
1 MB, 900x972
You know, they make a magic potion that makes you forget about Mass Effect 3 when you drink it. It's called bleach.
>>
>>283146484
I didn't side with the Geth simply because I stopped caring about anything past ME1 after playing the first sequel.
>>
Didn't the keeper out evolve the reapers commands and start to focus on the citadel at the exclusion of everything else?
I thought this was a major plot point about the difference between organic and synthetic life.
>>
>>283148171
Gee it's almost like it was meant to be a space submarine.
>>
>>283147127
>cuck
He's gay,
>>
>>283153364

No, the reapers twisted them into maintaining the citadel and the protheans altered them to not listen to reaper commands.
>>
>>283153364
Na
The last prothenas from Ilos went and reprogrammed them
>>
>>283148461
>tease to Tali's face GREAT REVEAL for two games
>slap a stock photo in the last 15 seconds
WHAT THE FUCK
H
A
T

T
H
E

F
U
C
K
>>
Why didn't Kai Leng just kill Shepard wen he was on teh space toilet?Kai Leng was such a super naruto-tier ninja and totally didnt care so he could just eat Shepard's cheerios while lurking in the space shower stall and then once he hears Shepard's patns hit the floor he's like BOO! I BET U WRENT EGGSPECTING ME BUT NAO I M HERE 2 KILL U and then Shepard is ded
>>
You see, the thing about assassins is they strike when you least expe
>>
File: 86564.jpg (15 KB, 320x290) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
86564.jpg
15 KB, 320x290
>For that matter, why did he lie about his motives being incomprehensible?

A MACHINE DESIGNED BY LIFE TO EXTINGUISH LIFE IN OR TO PROTECT LIFE FROM BEING EXTINGUISHED BY MACHINES

10/10 sjwware
>>
>>283153364
I think I remember hearing this somewhere, but can't remember where, or if it is canon.
>>
>>283146767
People like you are why no aliens have contacted us.
>>
>>283152269

Dark Energy exerts a force on the universe that accelerates the Big Rip. All of galactic civilization's tech revolves around the exotic matter EEZO which creates Mass Effect fields and discharges dark energy.

The first Reaper was created as a final solution to the Big Rip problem, he was the collective consciousness of an entire race of trillions and was meant to think out the solution to the Big Rip.

He was wrong and couldn't do it alone. He began recruiting other races by harvesting them from the Milky Way one cleansing at a time, using planted EEZO tech to force civilization to grow along the lines they required. Using the civilizations' manufactured goods and biomass to produce more Reapers in a desperate attempt to out-think the rapidly approaching Big Rip.
>>
>>283153746
U fukkin wot m8?
>>
>>283150858
I dunno, the Diablo 3 launch crash got /v/ buzzing awhile ago
>>
File: 2014-09-29-28p25.jpg (24 KB, 352x337) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2014-09-29-28p25.jpg
24 KB, 352x337
>>283154474
Why did they drop this.
>>
>>283154957

Personally I liked the Eldritch Horror Sovereign bit more and would have preferred if it had nothing to do with AI, technology, or any of that shit.

Fuck, a plot about AI becoming gods would have been amazing.
>>
>>283144890

>why did he lie about his motives being incomprehensible?

That one is easy.

The writers had no idea were they were going with it, and after Mass Effect 1, all standards for the writing dropped out of a window so they couldn't be arsed to either think of something good or do the smart thing and keep it vague.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 994x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 994x720
>>283152724

The Taranis too.
>>
>>283152269
Why did it even have to be human? The rest of them look like mollusks, what was the fucking point?

Also why did they juice a bunch of humans if they wanted to store the consciousness of an entire race inside a single reaper?
>>
>>283155119
>hear about Mass Effect Trilogy since forever
>writers didn't think it through as a trilogy (or almost at all at that matter)
Fucking lies, all of it.
>>
>>283155119

To be fair, there's no where to go with that.
>>
File: Son of yogurtguy.jpg (34 KB, 600x401) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Son of yogurtguy.jpg
34 KB, 600x401
>>283152181
>calls an apostrophe a spelling error
>doesn't realize he was poking fun at "Biowere"
Who is the fool now, Officer Man?
>>
>>283155401

That's why you just leave the question unanswered.

Seriously, there was NO reason to tell us what the Reapers' ultimate motives were.

Any answer was always going to be less satisfying than just wondering about it.

Do I need to mention Midi-chlorians?
>>
>>283152269
>WHAT WAS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE HUMAN REAPER
Just listen to some Harbie's texts he drops left and right. Humans are special snowflakes.

>>283155356
It's hard to relate to some Picasso looking shit, right?
Besides, the terminator foetus would be covered by a squid-shaped outer shell just because.
>>
>>283155487

True, their purpose and origin could have been hinted at vaguely, but don't explain their origin or purpose, all that matters is they gonna kill you, so you'd better kill them first.
>>
File: 1396343735496.jpg (206 KB, 1033x662) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1396343735496.jpg
206 KB, 1033x662
>>
>>283155618
yeah but whyyyy
>>
>>283155674
Oh God my sides.
>>
>>283155697

Stop asking questions and just talk about how much you wanna fug Tali
>>
>>283147206
someone PLEASE shop some handwriting underneath it, sorta sloppyish, that says "and i did"
>>
>>283155697
No seriously, listen to what Harb says.
Turians are primitive, Asari too squishy, Drell (and I love this part) useless.
Check this thing, you can jam AND learn shit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xYHsyCyDvs
>>
>>283147084
I don't think you know what potential means.
>>
>>283148346
>polish is important
I bet you think Last of us was the greatest game of 2014 as well. People judging games simply on the precieved level of "polish" is what's wrong with the industry
>>
>>283145979
very underrated post
>>
File: disartistrighthere.png (434 KB, 481x459) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
disartistrighthere.png
434 KB, 481x459
>>283155618
>hard to relate to some Picasso looking shit, right? Besides, the terminator foetus would be covered by a squid-shaped outer shell just because.

fuckin casuals
>>
So can you name any major series that has shittier and more arbitrary writing than Mass Effect?

I honestly can't name one.
>>
File: 1326060643001.jpg (335 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1326060643001.jpg
335 KB, 1680x1050
>>283156616

Dragon Age
>>
>>283156616
World of Warcraft
>>
>>283144890
Hey, give BioWare credit where it is due, they said their motives were incomprehensible, and we still don't understand why the Reapers did what they did even after having it told us in our faces.
>>
File: rlm.png (512 KB, 686x3126) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rlm.png
512 KB, 686x3126
Fuck off /tv/
>>
>>283156616
vampire masquerade, bloodlines
>>
File: 1419864558553.jpg (560 KB, 1800x2156) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419864558553.jpg
560 KB, 1800x2156
>>283156835
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpvcjAhBabA&index=43
>>
>>283156835
>it's ok to eat shit if you like it ;^)

Though I guess it is, if you at least ate your own shit instead of funding shitters by buying their shit to consume.
>>
why didn't the asari council member just do the mindmeld thing on shepard in ME1 so she could see you were telling the truth?
>>
>>283156734
I haven't seen Inquisition yet but I'd say that Dragon Age has far better writing, much less plotholes and the ones that exist aren't as big as the ones in Mass Effect.

>>283156784
Again, I wouldn't say it's worse. It is a clusterfuck but not nearly as many plotholes.
>>
>>283156835
>Breathed new life into the series and opened it to a new audience
All of this is bullshit. Every kid who saw the prequels was well aware of the original Star Wars movies. If anything the prequels destroyed Star Wars's coolness with its mediocrity.
>>
>>283157000
stop askng qustions shitlord
>>
File: 1.jpg (24 KB, 516x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
24 KB, 516x384
>>283156835
man i hope the dont fuck up Battlefront even if it is battlefield : star wars edition
>>
File: rlm (2).png (45 KB, 777x999) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rlm (2).png
45 KB, 777x999
>>283156973
/v/ doesn't really give a shit about objective and debatable qualities, /v/ is just glad to have something to parrot to make people who have fun shut up. You'll never see this backlash against people who call things shit. In fact /v/ is incredibly fond of shit analogies. /v/ as a whole is pretty terrible at arguing.

At least if someone had fun, /v/ hates it

>>283157083
>>283157053
>>283156958
>>
>>283156835

The part about the store is right.
Can't call companies just people that want money and then go and charge for a fucking glass with a shitty printed name on it or other useless garbage
>>
>>283155674

>those tits on the right girl
HNGGGGG
>>
>>283157418
The common assumption being /v/ are hipsters who hate the popular thing, so go fething figure.
Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 82
Thread DB ID: 38538



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.