[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best 3D Zelda. N64 nostalgia fags need not shit post.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: ylrtll8.jpg (239KB, 700x332px) Image search: [Google]
ylrtll8.jpg
239KB, 700x332px
This is the best 3D Zelda. N64 nostalgia fags need not shit post.
>>
If by best you mean most squandered potential sure.
>>
I always thought it was overrated.
And I mean by itself, completely independently of other Zelda games.

To be clear, it IS a good game. What's there is fantastic. The problem is there just isn't much there.

The entire game has this pervasive feeling of "...that's it?" through the entire thing.
Only 5 dungeons in the entire game. Six, if you're very generous with the term 'dungeon'. ...that's it?

There's only four islands in the entire game that are big enough so you can't fit the entire thing in one screen
...that's it?

Only three brand new items.
...that's it?

Even Ganondorf himself, for all his posteuring, only takes three hits to kill.
...that's it?
>>
If by best you mean shit sure. Even Aonuma commented that it did harm to the series and influenced Twilight Princess' development.
>>
>>276959917
>Aonuma commented that it did harm to the series
[citation needed]
>>
>>276959869
Kind of annoying. They cut 3 dungeons from the game, one for nayrus pearl, and a second fire dungeon that was replaced by the fire mountain where you get the power bracelets and the ice dungeon where you get the ice boots.

Also
>triforce quest
>>
I think Wind Waker is the weakest, to be honest.
Exploration is its strong point, of course, just like pacing was OoT's, atmosphere was MM's, scale was TP's and level design was SS'.

But man, the pacing on this one is REALLY bad, way worse than Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword. The game takes forever for you to do anything intersting and limit your exploration until you reach the fucking forest island.
Dungeons are poorly designed, there are too few of them and the game is filled with, well, filler.

Being a Zelda game, of course Wind Waker is years ahead anything that tries to be a 3D adventure game, but is still the weakest Zelda in my opinion.
>>
>>276959218
It's my favourite Zelda game ever
Only two downsides were the shitty Triforce quest they kinda fixed in HD and it caused the development of TP which the worst Zelda games I've ever played.
>>
Although this game had an impeccable art style and the best story in the series that isn't LA, the dungeons are just too scare in number and too shit to truly consider it the best 3D Zelda.

OOT and TP (the latter in spite of it's INCREDIBLY shitty artstyle and bad story) both have it beat.
>>
>>276960479
I can respect your opinion
>>
Which is better WWHD or wwgc

From what I've heard they improved it for hd but I've read people on here saying GameCube is better but never saying why other than "ugly bloom" if you think gc looks better than he, then you need your eyes checked
>>
Nah, too much cut content, poor pacing, incredibly underwhelming dungeons, etc.

In terms of aesthetic, characterization, and building a charming world it's impeccable, but the flaws drag it down too much for it to be the best. I still like it a lot though.
>>
>>276961280
The HD version fixed many problems. Sailing is way faster, there's no triforce quest and the inventory being accessed in real time makes the game truly shine.

However, fast sailing is also a double edged sword. While it's twice as faster, you don't even need to change the wind direction, meaning that the wind baton is useless for everything but a couple puzzles in the game. Changing the wind was part of the charm in the original.
>>
>>276961280

The bloom isn't the problem, the fact that the game isn't cell shaded anymore is.

The game can look absolutely pig disgusting in some darker areas, see that matthew guy's review if you want it explained.
>>
>>276961557
It looks pretty good. Stop parrothing MatthewMatosis opinions like a complete retard.
I bet you hate Skyward Sword as well
>>
>>276961491
Wait what. I changed the winds plenty of times before the hurricanes were open for use. Heck, I still change the wind so that I can get to other islands, or am I missing something?
>>
>>276961813

No, it really does look like shit at times, it looks great most of the time, but the shading can actually become absolutely horrifying at times.

Just because I agree with him, doesn't mean I am parroting him.
>>
>>276962002
Did you gest the fast sail, that red one? When you press A again during the sail, the wind shifts to behind you and you go really fast. When you turn the boat, the wind changes automatically.
>>
I disagree, it's not the best one.

But sure as fuck it is my favorite.
>That great feeling when you sail and you go to adventure, with the weather and time of the day that changes, following the wind and fighting pirates, while THAT song plays in background
Nothing can compare to that. I love it. Love.

And yeah, the HD version is superior. The original art style might be more unique but watching the sunset with the new "bloom" lighting is way better for me.
>>
It's a lot better than Twilight Princess

But it's nowhere near as good as Majoras Mask and you should shut the fuck up
>>
>>276962202
Huh, I didn't even know about that. Guess there really is a lazy option, but I'm glad I didn't know about it.
>>
>>276959218
Unwrapping OoT3D right now so we'll see in a few days. WWHD currently reigns supreme
>>
>>276961491
well, it's a completely optional thing, I think you get it from that nightly auction ?

I actually failed to get it, because I was too poor in that night, and it never showed up there again

But it was the first time I played the game and sailing wasn't nearly as awful as it seemed from reading here
>>
>>276962896
>and it never showed up there again
kek'd, a new item gets auctioned if you don't start the current one and walk out and back in again.
>>
Everyone post there top five zelda games.
>>
It was overrated because Gamecube didn't have that many games, I think. The devs made an apology for it but then made many of the same mistakes with TP and SS. Too bad they think it's some delusional "zelda cycle" and not an issue.
>>
>>276963197
Oracle of Seasons
Twilight Princess
Wind Wanker
Ocarina of TIme
Link to the Past

The only other one I played for enough to mention was Skyward Sword but I didn't like that one.
>>
>>276959218
it was pretty good

but you could tell quite clearly where the corners were cut and content was gutted

(jabun, hyrule, fire and ice islands, forsaken fortress)
>>
>>276963287
And are you trying to deny the existance of a Zelda cycle? OoT aside, every other 3D Zelda was hated on its release and following years until the next one came by the horizon and the last one was finally accepted and loved.
>>
>>276963197
Wind Waker
Minish Cap
Link's Awakening
Zelda II
Zelda I
>>
Honestly? This is really the only 3D Zelda game i've played that i enjoyed. Granted, i haven't played Majora's Mask, which i've been told by friend is "my style", but...i don't know. I like the colorful graphics and the emotion in Link's face in the cutscenes. It has a nice charm to it. Plus, sailing though the ocean makes the world feel enormous and is very soothing.
>>
>>276963197
Skyward Sword, Spirit Tracks and Link's Awakening and surely the best three but I can't quite think in what others I like more.
I have yet to play Zelda II and the Oracle games.
>>
File: mad.png (4KB, 368x308px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
4KB, 368x308px
>>276959218
are you unable to say anything intelligent and thoughtful about zelda? why is the only zelda discussion /v/ knows how to have the best vs worst argument? its the same fucking conversation every day here
>>
>>276963681

Yes because it's absurd to assume the people who hated WW are the same ones who had fond memories of it and also that those same people then hated TP with a passion but then changed their minds when SS came out. It's far too contrived.
>>
>>276964021
Nah, we have some decent Zelda threads. Just look at this one, we are having good points here even though OP is a jackass.
>>
>>276964067
But that's exactly what happens, you retard. Zelda games are so hyped and yet so different that, everytime a new one comes out, it's not exactly like [your favorite one]! And then people get mad and don't give the game the value it deserves.

Majora's Mask was hated by the public when it launched, but well, trying to pinpoint the general opinion is kinda hard on that one since the game is so old.
But Wind Waker is an obvious case. People hated it, everywhere, called cartoony and shallow. When Twilight Princess came out it suddenly became the best Zelda ever and TP became the hated one.

Even if you have as few as 5 years on this board you could easily see how much people hated Twilight Princess before Skyward Sword. It was the popular opinion. and now everyone loves it. Skyward Sword is getting more positive threads as well now.

The cycle is simple and real. People expect that their own selfish views on the games are the ones that Zelda will adopt, and when it turns out to be something different, they have to wait a long time before accepting the game.
I'm tired of hearing "the only thing X Zelda game did for me was give me new light on [previous] Zelda", or "I'm on my second playthrough of this Zelda and I actually like it this time around".
>>
>>276963197
Links Awakening dx
ALBW
Ocarina
Dunno after that
>>
>>276964564

Dude, this is an anonymous board. You cannot claim these are the same people changing their minds and like/hate something based on how much they mention it, that's fucking nuts.
>>
>>276959218
It depends.
If you are not a compltionist and enjoy playing Zelda by mainly focussing on the main quest and only solve what you stumble around, Wind Waker is indeed the best 3D Zelda.

But if you are a 100% completionist, this might be one of the worst, especially if you deicide to go to every point indicate to you on each map.

Prepare yourself to hear the song of day and night a lot.

For the 100% completionist, Majora Mask is still the best 3D Zelda, with the most varied quests.
>>
>>276963197
Majora Mask
Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time
Link Between worlds
Spirit Tracks.
>>
>>276963197
Link's Awakening
Oracle of Ages
Four Swords Adventures
Ocarina of Time
Link to the Past
>>
>>276963483
The Forsaken Fortress is a dungeon.
>>
>>276963197
1. Link to the Past
2. Wind Waker
3. Link's Awakening
4. Oracle of Seasons
5. OoT
>>
File: GZ2E01-14.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GZ2E01-14.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
I'm currently replaying Twilight Princess.

The beginning is a pain, but the game has so many great moments which I completly forgot over time.
>>
>>276968269
>I first read that as "a Federal beast"
What would that even mean?
>>
File: GZ2E01-21.png (1MB, 1356x1016px) Image search: [Google]
GZ2E01-21.png
1MB, 1356x1016px
>>276968269
this thing is pretty cool looking imo
>>
File: GZ2E01-18.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GZ2E01-18.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>276968492
and midna is incredibly adorable
>>
File: GZ2E01-16.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GZ2E01-16.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>276968442
I dunno, imagine a wolf in a suit
>>
>>276968269
TP is great. It just takes way too long to get going and they didn't really come up with cool enough stuff to do as the wolf other than catching bugs...
A snappier start and just something a little more engaging for the wolf and it would be held in much much higher regard, I think.
>>
File: 0.gif (486KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
486KB, 500x281px
>>276969080
Dear god...
>>
File: GZ2E01-43.png (1MB, 1356x1016px) Image search: [Google]
GZ2E01-43.png
1MB, 1356x1016px
>>276969325
You'd expect Wolf Link to be able to finish enemies too, since he's a feral beast and shit like that.

But no you can only finish poes, you can't rip enemies apart. Stabbing them is totally fine though.
>>
>>276959218
and how old are you, 15?
>>
I can only ever finish 2D Zelda games, the 3D games have too much fucking padding.
>>
>>276963197
A Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Seasons
Ages
A Link Between Worlds
>>
File: GZ2E01-38.png (1MB, 1356x1016px) Image search: [Google]
GZ2E01-38.png
1MB, 1356x1016px
>>276963197
1. MM
2. TP
3. Ages
4. MC
5. WW
>>
>shit empty overworld
>6 mediocre dungeons if you even count forsaken fortress as a dungeon
>simple and easy as fuck combat
>triforce shard quests

Why do people like Wind Waker again? Nostalgia?
>>
>>276963197
1.OoT
2.AoL
3.TP
4.MM
5.LoZ
>>
>>276968269
How come Ganondorf couldn't keep his eyes off the fishing rod?
>>
>>276963197
Wind Waker
OoT
Link's Awakening
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
>>
File: GZ2E01-39.png (1002KB, 1356x1016px) Image search: [Google]
GZ2E01-39.png
1002KB, 1356x1016px
>>276970662
He's an angry virgin that takes every bait
>>
>>276959218

If Wind Waker is your favorite Zelda, it was your first Zelda.

Which makes your opinion invalid.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.