[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did N. Gin try to stop Crash in World 4? Wasn't he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 512
Thread images: 95

File: Cortex_Hologram.jpg (16KB, 357x256px) Image search: [Google]
Cortex_Hologram.jpg
16KB, 357x256px
Why did N. Gin try to stop Crash in World 4?

Wasn't he allied with Cortex, at that point?
>>
>>275573615
He got carried away.

Even if N. Gin did succeed, murder Crash, and take those twenty crystals, they'd still need five more.
>>
>>275573928
Yeah, exactly. Maybe it was an oversight by the developers? I can't remember if N. Gin says anything before the fight.
>>
Cortex wanted Crash to give the crystals to N. Gin and Crash refused for some reason. It always bugged me too to be honest. Also why Tiny fights for Cortex in 3 while he was created by Brio and technically fights against him Not to mention all the fucking time paradoxes 3 would cause Jesus Christ.
>>
Why did Cortex always force his efforts on the crystals when gems were obviously more powerful?
>>
Why does Ripper Roo suddenly betray Cortex and work for Brio in 2?
>>
>>275574050
He says give me those crystals
>>
>>275574071
>time paradox in Crash Bandicoot
wot
>>
>>275573615
Good question anon, I allways saw it as Cortex said hand the crystals over to Ngin but Crash is to retarded to know how, meanwhile Ngin got paranoid from the coco interference and never trusted Crash to begin with.
Note the begining cutscene in the game it's cortex whom suggest to use an enemy not Ngin, perhaps he was against it.

Source
Crash Retold
>>
>>275574109
I think Crystals are more powerful, or had a different use.

N. Brio just figured out a different use for the gems, I guess.

>why Tiny fights for Cortex in 3 while he was created by Brio
>created by Brio

Really? Wow, never knew this. It makes the game a lot more interesting.

Also, Tiny is pretty dumb, so I can see him being swayed by Cortex and Uka Uka in Crash 3.

N. Brio's status is pretty mysterious. He fought alongside Cortex in 1, then betrays him in 2. I don't think he is good, but just bitter at Cortex.
>>
>>275574071
Tiny is just dumb I suppose, so he could be easily manipulated.

>>275574109
Because gems were much harder to gather, and most of times Cortex cared for quick results.

>>275574229
He was just left in that island in the original, likely he was also just dropped there by Brio as well, Ripper Roo is just insane, he has no affiliation.
>>
Crash lore thread?

Why was Komodo Joe in CTR, but not Komodo Moe?
>>
>>275574263
>>275574071
You know what, I think Crash started to catch on that Cortex was just using him, that's why he didn't hand the crystals to N. Gin.

Doesn't Coco give him some hints? Also, N. Brio straight out tells him Cortex is evil.

The depth
>>
>>275574361
>N. Brio's status is pretty mysterious.
>not playable in CTR

Literally butthurt.
>>
>>275574414
Moe is too big

He was kind of a fatass.
Captcha: tedeep
>>
>>275574229
We don't even know if it was Brio who created Ripper Roo.

Remember that in Crash 1 Cortex and Brio were working together. So internal allegiances may have developed. Also, Cortex failing in Crash 1 would've made his subjects/allies bitter. Maybe that's why they then support Brio.
>>
>>275574476
I'd agree to that things start clocking on once co co starts interfering Crash was just going through the motions until she tells him to be careful.

Mfw I was young enough to think Cortex might turn good and got spooked when he goes crazy between 4-5 warp room
>>
>>275574476
>Doesn't Coco give him some hints?
She breaks in every now and then but Cortex kept wiping out her connection to the projector.

>N. Brio straight out tells him Cortex is evil.
At the end of Warp Room 4, just before N. Gin's fight, Cortex tells Crash that Brio is the true antagonist and to not believe his lies. (This is true in some cases, as Brio did say he'd do anything to wipe Crash out if he kept collecting crystals. ie: the first three bosses)

Crash isn't the smartest guy, so he was likely confused at that point as to which doctor was telling the truth. It was all hearsay by that point.
>>
Crash bandicoot has the deepest lore.
>>
As light-hearted the games are, I always thought the story behind them was pretty damn serious to a certain point. And there were things from the games I would have liked to know. Like how Dr. Cortex met Dr. Brio, N.Gin (before or after he suffered the missile blow on his head) and the rest of them, the exact process of how some characters came to be (Coco Bandicoot, Dingodile and such). Crash and Coco's parents. Those kind of things.

Maybe it's for the best to never know.
>>
Fuck, I've figured this shit out. Prepare to be mindblown.

>Why does Ripper Roo side with Brio?
For the same reason that Brio now wants revenge against Cortex. Cortex failed them, and left them stranded on the island.

>Why does Tiny Tiger support Cortex in 3
Ultimately, Brio, Ripper Roo, Tiny et al want the same thing: world domination.

Uka Uka formed a new evil alliance, and Tiny likely hopped on board due to the new mastermind. He's also quite dim, and easily manipulated.

>Why does N. Gin try to kill Crash
Cortex is the only one that appears to form an alliance with Crash,. Crash has no idea who N. Gin is or who he works for. To his knowledge, he just wants the crystals to himself. To cortex, however, he's a minion attempting to secure the crystals for cortex.

Crash has no idea who he is allied with, and thus defeats him.

Cortex continues to pander to Crash as if he had no idea one of his servants tried to stop him.

Did I fill all the plotholes, bros?
>>
>>275574260
The crystals in 2 and 3 are the same. Think of it this way.
>Crash gets a crystal in 2
>Later Crash 3 happens
>Goes back and gets the same crystal in the same position 1000 years in the past
>It will no longer be in that position when he gets it in the present in Crash 2
>>
File: brio.jpg (58KB, 450x550px) Image search: [Google]
brio.jpg
58KB, 450x550px
>>275574361
>Really? Wow, never knew this. It makes the game a lot more interesting.
It is in some ways now that I think about it. It's kind of like a metaphoric example of Brio's superiority over Cortex.

Assuming that Cortex is behind Koala Kong and Brio is behind Tiny, and seeing how much of an improvement Tiny is over Kong.
>>
>>275575015
I thought the newer games expanded on that?
Not like they are worth taking into existance.
>>
>>275575016
Now tell us how Dingodile and Fake Crash come into the picture.
>>
>>275575028
>The crystals in 2 and 3 are the same
I thought there were multiple crystals, hell there's hundreds of gems since there are some in Crash 1 and 2
>>
File: 147568319481.png (227KB, 927x516px) Image search: [Google]
147568319481.png
227KB, 927x516px
OH SHIT
>>
>>275575323
Fake Crash was a botched experiment.

Crash was meant to be a super-fighter to bring Cortex world dom, wasn't he?

Dingodile was created by Cortex in crash 3.
>>
>>275575323
No idea about fake crash, but it's said Dingodile was created by Brio in crash bash, I suppose, since he doesn't even appear in 2, nor does Brio, he was independant until Cortex persuaded him somehow.
>>
>>275575016
>Crash has no idea who N. Gin is or who he works for. To his knowledge, he just wants the crystals to himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ5MuwL-oPg

"What Dr. Cortex said, give the twenty crystals you've collected to ME!"

At this point, Crash knows that N. Gin is allied with Cortex, and not Brio. And takes him out anyways.
>>
>>275575028
Is that what he was doing?

Shit, I didn't even realize this. he was going into the past where the original crystals were located.

SHIT WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: 27112129.png (11KB, 244x236px) Image search: [Google]
27112129.png
11KB, 244x236px
>>275575484

That is just downright depressing.
>>
>>275575691
So, Crash becomes aware of N. Gin's motives as he is being attacked. In self-defence, Crash kills N. Gin.

That's probably when he started to catch onto the fact that Coco and Brio were right.

Cortex probably doesn't fully trust Crash, and order N. Gin to forcibly take the 20 crystals from him, meaning that Cortex only needs to recover the remaining 5.
>>
>>275575028
FUUUUUUUCCCCCCK
>>
Understanding the storyline makes me now want to play the games again.

Fucking hell. Crash 2 was deep
>>
>>275575456
>>275575693
In the intro of 3, Uka Uka says that Cortex lost the Crystals and Gems and that there is no other power source left on the planet. The crystals in WoC are completely different though and I'd assume they are for the other games.
>>
Holy shit fuck you guys I'm literally busting my Crash Bandicoot manuals out just to double-check this shit you guys are saying.
>>
>>275575236
Mind over mutant does on N.Brio's case, he is basically buthurt cortex left their mutagen research (using the evolve ray and other methods) to pursue other areas of evil science
>>
>>275575991
>completely different

No, I don't think so. The time portals to the past are meant to be a direct source to where the crystals were originally located. So although cortex lost the power sources in 2, they can go directly to their first location in 3, so that whatever happened in 2 was null and void.
>>
I had no idea that crash lore ran this deep. I thought it was just that Crash managed to escape in the first game and Cortex has been trying to catch up ever since.
>>
>>275575015
IIRC CTR or one of the multiplayer games had some character info, N.Gin was a mechanic scientist experimenting with a new kind of rocket and rocket fuel, shit went bad and a rocket hit him in the head in a way that caused some brain damage, however its too deep in and its impossible to remove it now
>>
File: Phoenix_Pointing_2.gif (59KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix_Pointing_2.gif
59KB, 256x192px
>>275576240
But if Crash 2 doesn't happen then his space station won't fall from space, Uka Uka will never be free and Crash 3 can't happen.
In the intro of WoC the crystals are stated to be "Elelmental crystals" so it's implied they're meant to be different.
>>
>>275575780
if its any console, he looked pretty good in twinsanity
>>
>>275576490
Yeah, that makes sense then.

But how is Uka Uka set free btw?
>>
>>275576580
The space station crashes into his prison
>>
>>275575691
Why did the bosses in Crash look so fucking good?

Even listen to N. Gin's voice acting. It's just so fucking good, damn hell fuck it's so good

And then Oxide, Brio and Cortex as well. All have such unique and memorable designs and voices.

Perfect. Fucking perfect game.
>>
>>275576580
When Cortex's space station is destroyed in 2's good ending debris falls and breaks the prison where Aku Aku held him.
>>
Why were these games so good?

I miss quality platformers, I really need to get back into emulation
>>
Holy shit Crash would be a perfect shounen now that I think about it.

>all these distinct wacky bad guys with wacky personalities and powers
>>
>>275576673
I need to replay these games.
>>
>>275576580
he was sealed in a cave, the debris of the Cortex Vortex destroy the entrance seal and he is set free
>>
>>275576698
Go play Twinsanity
Cortex literally steals the show as the best performance
>>
>>275576698

The characters were designed by a professional.

>To that effect, we took the very unusual step of hiring real “Hollywood” cartoon designers to help with the visual part of the production. This was Mark’s idea at first, although Jason and I saw the brilliance of it immediately.
>>
File: YES.gif (1MB, 380x262px) Image search: [Google]
YES.gif
1MB, 380x262px
>>275576993
This. Twinsanity convinced me that Cortex is one of the all time greatest villains.
>>
What do you guys think of my idea for Crash 4?

>cortex and brio are in the middle of a power tussle for control of the planet
>both make their speech to be allied with you
>you're unsure of who to trust
>each boss stage has 2 bosses fighting each other
>e.g. tiny vs kong; komodo bros vs dingodile etc
>you have to make a decision of which boss to assist, while avoiding both of their attacks between each other
>if you assist the majority of Brio bosses, you then realize he is evil and have to kick his ass
>if you collect all gems, you go to a secret world
>5 more levels with a mini-boss at the end, where you see that Cortex tries to collect the gems
>need to defeat the first 5 bosses you assisted

Yeah/no?
>>
>>275575236

I don't know, it always felt weird taking into account the post Naughty Dog era games' story and lore and combine it with the originals. I just feel more comfortable knowing what ND actually thought of for the serie's story and lore since they were the ones who began the whole thing.
>>
>>275576814
You need to get the 100% endings in all of them, they are the canon ending
besides 3 to WoC, the normal ending is the canon one, as the 100% makes cortex and Uka Uka into babies
WoC 100% ties in Twinsanity's intro IIRC
>>
>>275575093
But Koala Kong was stronger than Tiny, he could throw boulders , Tiny could only jump. Koala Kong's problem was he was too cocky.
Tiny was probably a defect like Crash, because of his short legs. That's why he's called Tiny.
>>
>>275577251
1's normal ending is canon to 2 as well. In the good ending of 1 you don't even fight Cortex.
>>
>>275577142
>all those well written and well performed jokes
even the 4th wall breaking jokes were well delivered and didn't stood out like a sore thumb
>BEHOLD THE 9TH DIMENSIOOON!
>Actually there was going to be 12 more but we ran out of time
>>
>>275577373
>In the good ending of 1 you don't even fight Cortex.

what?
>>
File: 1417726953180.jpg (10KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1417726953180.jpg
10KB, 228x221px
>>275577391
God damn, Twinsanity was an extremely well written game in terms of humour and dialogue. It's one of the few games that genuinely make me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efgWnvTWNiI

>that jab at Wrath of Cortex
>>
>>275577658
His voice acting was better in 2.

It was deeper.
>>
I think N Gin is just an impulsive loose canon who wasn't filled in on the whole plan.

He does have a missile lodged in his skull y'know.
>>
In Crash 2 Cortex is trying to trick Crash into collecting the Crystals in order to "save" the planet, which always seems like bullshit to Crash, especially because CoCo is constantly trying to tell him (basically) it's a trap. But what he actually wants to do is collect all the crystals so that when the planets align he can capture the energy of the solar flux.

Meanwhile N Brio (Cortex's former partner) is asking Crash to collect the Gems instead because with those he can create a weapon that can fire at Cortexs already partly built new Cortex Vortex that he made with the few crystals he found in the cave where he crashlanded. n. Brio specifically says "As long as you continue to collect Crystals for Cortex, I will do everything in my power to stop you!" Hence why you face him, because you can't progress out of the Warp Room you are trapped in without collecting the Crystals for Cortex because it's a video game. N Gin is just a henchman of Cortex.

That's basically the meat of the story, the rest is the conclusion.
>>
>>275577649
If you get all the gems by the time you reach The Great Hall you can meet Tawna and complete the game without fighting Cortex
>>
>>275577649
If you collect all the gems, you can play through one of the final levels using the gems as platforms that lead straight to Tawna. No final boss with Cortex.
>>275577763
I still really enjoy Cortex's VA in Twinsanity. It's not exactly the same, but it's similar enough and I think it suits the character better.
>>
>>275575691
Doesn't this video explain why N. Gin fought crash?

Cortex orders N. Gin to get the crystals from Crash, but Crash defeats him. Most likely because the warnings from Coco and Brio have convinced him that Cortex is lying.

Cortex, also, doesn't fully trust Crash, hence why he asked for the crystals early.
>>
>>275577649
Pretty sure you just fly away on a Stork with Tawna after jumping across every Gem.
>>
>>275577142
Cortex was a completely different character in Twinsanity, but you can argue that he went insane from being alone with Uka Uka in a block of ice for three years.
>>
>>275577924
>>275577937
I guess I always completed the game after I defeated Cortex.

Also, why does Tawna appear in the bonus levels?
>>
>>275577142
>THIS ISN'T A GAME YOU KNOW
>>
File: 1417817987864.gif (2KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1417817987864.gif
2KB, 100x100px
>>275578058
I like his character better in Twinsanity
>>
>>275578078
She's your Bandicoot mistress.
>>
Here's the big question

WHERE DOES RILLA ROO COME FROM?
>>
>>275575028
Explain the futuristic levels then. Wouldn't they be traveling to a future where no crystals exist?
>>
>>275578058
>>275578158
He's somewhat similar to his characterization in 3.

Also, I don't remember Cortex being stuck in ice at the end of Crash 3.

How does it tie into Twinsanity?
>>
>>275578257
Eurocom.
>>
>>275578280
Those aren't futuristic levels, they are just a space station esque level that Cortex built.
>>
>>275578297
It probably ties in with Wrath of Cortex, which I never did end up beating.

Decent game, but was pretty much just Crash 3-2
>>
>>275578237
But Cortex has held her captive. Why does she appear in the bonuses?
>>
>>275578297
It happened in Wrath of Cortex.
You can see him floating in a block of ice in the starting screen of Twinsanity.
>>
File: 1410120437953.png (14KB, 469x396px) Image search: [Google]
1410120437953.png
14KB, 469x396px
>N. Gin
> Engine
>N. Tropy
> Entropy
How could I have not noticed this before.
>>
>>275578058
Cortex is much more EVIL in 2, in Twinsanity he feels like he has been living and aging ever since crash 2, there was even a joke about him having heart problems because of his age
So he sounds like he is older and more insane after all the shit he has been though
>ACTIVATE THE CRISTAL CORTEX, OPEN THE GATE CORTEX, DO THAT CORTEX
>I HAVE A HEART CONDITION!, not that you would care
>>
>>275578280
That's the thing that always annoyed me. The only explanation is that the crystals were stuck in the warp room in 2, which was destroyed and scattered the crystals and they just didn't pick them up although they probably just needed an excuse to make future stages because come on distant future concepts are cool as fuck.
>>
File: boohoo.png (16KB, 614x620px) Image search: [Google]
boohoo.png
16KB, 614x620px
OK I've been fairly sure that the only good Crash games were made by Naughty Dog and the Wrath of Cortex was the last respectable Crash game. Is that true or is at least Twistanity worth playing?

pic related me thinking about playing a game where another company rapes Crash again
>>
File: 1417834637841.gif (1MB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1417834637841.gif
1MB, 500x313px
>>275578483
I'm pretty sure everyone has noticed this, anon.
>>
>>275578483
N.Brio
Embryo
N. Sanity Island
Insanity Island
>>
I'm gonna marry Crash!
And Coco!
>>
>>275578483
>N. Brio
>Enbr-
Wait that's not quite how it's spelt..
>>
>>275578473
Maybe the bonus levels was just Crash hallucinating, or dreaming about saving her or some shit.
>>
Why did Dingodile turn against Cortex in Twinsanity?

Especially after he gave him a birthday present.
>>
File: Crashtwinsanityps2cover.jpg (98KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
Crashtwinsanityps2cover.jpg
98KB, 640x908px
>>275578557
Play Twinsanity. It's a bit rough around the edges and by that I mean it's pretty buggy but if you can look past it's flaws it's a very enjoyable game. The writing is what really shines though.
>>
>>275578746
>you will never have another platformer with this much character again

Kill me.
>>
>>275578280
The city is littered with Cortex propaganda, presumably from a future where he succeeded in getting the crystals using the Time Twister. Got to love them paradoxes.

None of the other levels take place in the future, except maybe those underwater stages.
>>
>>275578557
Yes dammit. Also the first 2 GBA games are pretty decent fusion is fucking garbage though fucking hell if someone told my childhood self that there would be a Crash/Spyro crossover and it would suck I'd just laugh in blissful ignorance.
>>
>>275578698
meant to reply >>275578471
>>
File: 1389844664948.png (56KB, 176x278px) Image search: [Google]
1389844664948.png
56KB, 176x278px
Crunch debuts in Wrath of Cortex and joins the Bandicoot family in that game, but does not appear in The Huge Adventure, which was released one year after Wrath of Cortex. However, he does appear in N-Tranced, which was released a year after The Huge Adventure, which proceeds to create a plot hole in which Crunch is not present in a game that takes place after his debut.

How is this possible?
>>
Brio made the Evolv-o-ray, Cortex took the credit.

Brio got pissed and left after the first game, becoming Cortex's enemy.
>>
>>275578820
If they make a new Crash game, I want it to be like Twinsanity but with more polish. Then I could die happy.
>>
>>275578835
>littered with Cortex propaganda

have any pics? I don't remember this.
>>
>>275578887
He went out to the store while The Huge Adventure was taking place.
>>
The final "battle" of Crash 2 was kind of lame.
>>
File: 1417595268675.jpg (40KB, 284x253px) Image search: [Google]
1417595268675.jpg
40KB, 284x253px
>>275578835
> Underwater stages
Thanks for reminding me asshole
>>
>>275578746
alright I'm trusting you.

(I'm terrified right now)
>>
>>275578918
I'd like a balance between the writing in Twinsanity, and the plot of Crash 2.

I like the serious, but not too serious where it's lame, storyline of Crash Bandicoot 1 - 3. I've really enjoyed this thread.
>>
>>275578898
What did the Evolv-o-ray do in the original CB?
I don't remember.
>>
>>275578835

The Underwater levels are set in the ruins of Atlantis.

I have no idea where I read that and can't remember.
>>
>>275578898
>Brio made the Evolv-o-ray, Cortex took the credit.

What fucking game was this explained in?
>>
>>275579060
Just calm down and enjoy the ride. Don't let it's slightly buggy nature get to you, just have fun.

Also, it emulates VERY well for me on PCSX2, so if you don't have a copy and a PS2 give that a shot. As I recall I could even upscale to 1080p with a widescreen hack with no huge issues in framerate.
>>
>>275579089
The Evolvo-O Ray turns the animals anthropomorphic.

The Cortex Vortex forces them to obey Cortex.
>>
>>275578557
Twinsanity was good despite it's flaws, I liked it more than Crash 3 after replaying both games recently.
>>
>>275578835
The bike racing levels also had propaganda. Maybe they're in a timeline where Cortex succeeded in taking over the world.
>>
>PS4 will never EVER get a Crash game
Guess what? I will never EVER buy it then. :)
>>
>>275578938
Not really propaganda but stuff like "Cortex Towers" and "Neo Corp" I think. Maybe not exactly that but you get the gist I hope.
>>275579019
They should've just made it a full on race I think.
>>
>>275579089

Evolved animals into humanoid beings. Like Crash, Koala Kong, Pinstripe, Tawna, Tiny, and pretty much everyone else.

'Cept maybe Dingodile.
>>
File: wumpaclock[1].png (14KB, 98x100px) Image search: [Google]
wumpaclock[1].png
14KB, 98x100px
http://www.crashmania.net/

GUYS THIS WEBSITE LITERALLY EXPLAINS ALL OF THE QUESTIONS YOU'RE ASKING
>>
>>275573615
Nice extra comma faggot.
>>
>>275579196
How did you manage that? I have to play on software mode or else I get all sorts of buggy visuals.
>>
>>275579198
Oh holy shit I never knew they explained that, wow good job ND.
>>
>>275579136
Impossible, I remember the underwater levels had lots of future-like tech. They weren't ruins at all, it was supposed to be underwater technology.
>>
File: 175657645.png (24KB, 378x366px) Image search: [Google]
175657645.png
24KB, 378x366px
>>275579249
Want to know something else?

There was NEVER a Crash game on the PS3. NEVER. The shitty Titans games were only for Wii, 360, DS, PSP, and PS2.
>>
>>275579198
In what game do they explain this?
>>
>>275575484
In fairness, N. Gin is pretty damn funny in the Titan games.
>>
Whoa, a Crash thread with zero shitposting?
>>275579249
There you go, now I know I'm on /v/.
>>
>>275579170
I could be talking out my ass, but wasn't this in the Crash 2 manual?
>>
>>275579196
oh no it's not the bugs at all. The idea of some other company doing Crash scares me just cause I mean
>Crash of the Titans
>Skylanders
childhood raped man. I'll give it a go I just don't want to see my bro Crash get shit on.
>>
>>275579367
The comma is in the right place, nignog.
>>
File: 1412018485137.jpg (11KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1412018485137.jpg
11KB, 300x400px
>>275579330
>Crash Mania
Holy fucking Jesus. I made an account on there when I was like 12 that got hacked and spammed a bunch of shit. That was 8 fucking years ago fucking hell
>>
>>275579391
Well it's been a while since I tried it out, let me test and see how it looks. I could be wrong, give me a sec to try it in the emulator.
>>
>>275579530

Either that or the manual to 1.

And loathe as I am to bring it up, he loudly reminds everyone of the fact in Mind Over Mutant.
>>
File: 256px-CNKConsoleFree[1].jpg (39KB, 256x329px) Image search: [Google]
256px-CNKConsoleFree[1].jpg
39KB, 256x329px
Is Crash Nitro Kart the red-haired stepchild of the Crash series?
>>
Level tier list

God Tier
Sewers
Polar
Rocket pack

Good Tier
Forest
Snow
Space Station
Ruins

Bad tier
Chase Levels
Bees
Surfing

I'm biased because Cold Hard Crash is so shit Tier
Snow
>>
>>275579746
tbh I think Mario Kart 8 copied some stuff from Nitro Kart
>>
>>275579746
No, that'd be Tag Team Racing.
>>
>>275579525
What's wrong with not buying a console until it gets Crash, Jak, Ratchet or MediEvil, i.e. something decent?
>>
>>275579673
Mind over Mutant, man I remember buying that game and just asking myself what the fuck have I done.
>>
File: 1389057739834.gif (3MB, 344x240px) Image search: [Google]
1389057739834.gif
3MB, 344x240px
>>275579746
Yes, it had one of the best Crash designs though.
>>
File: loading screen.png (988KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
loading screen.png
988KB, 1920x1080px
>>275579579
Don't worry, it's not as bad as that. It still sticks to the classic Crash platforming mechanics, just maybe a little more modern.

also
>>275579651
here

Uploading some emulator screenshots. Loading screens and a lot of the text is completely fucked, looks like you were right anon. Hardware mode is pretty glitched.
>>
>Crash Bandicoot is portrayed as dim-witted and stupid in everything post-Crash 3
>the creators hated this characterization
>it also goes against the lore of Crash 1, where he was intended by Cortex to be the general leader of his animal army

Why did they make Crash so fucking dumb?
>>
>>275580046

And one of the cuter Coco ones.
>>
File: 1393109798893.gif (2MB, 214x193px) Image search: [Google]
1393109798893.gif
2MB, 214x193px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ihd9Jaoro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6Y4BvzVEo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdzUGqP6kHw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2NjXXyU9qw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfnGzI_eS9g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzxbz6s32Ew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQJU095zE6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76M2hObhTUA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWEFIGbCe2k

Every thread.
>>
>>275579882
>Bad Tier
>Chase Levels
BAHAHAHAHA
Someone was shit at the game :^)
>>
>>275580116
PANCAKES
>>
>>275580171
>neckbeard in a can
Why
>>
>>275580171
The more I think about it Titans/MoM really were the Sonic Boom of their time weren't they?
>>
>>275580116

PANCAKES.
>>
File: my n-word.jpg (6KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
my n-word.jpg
6KB, 245x206px
>>275580096
>Space Oddity
>>
File: glitch crash.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
glitch crash.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>275580096
Ahh, now I see what you're talking about. I think there's a way to fix that though...
>>
>>275580046
That would be because they got the original character designer for the series to come back and work on that game.

He's currently doing more Crash art thanks to getting a nostalgia rush and supports others in wanting a new game in the franchise.
>>
>>275580116
It always confused me how NaughtyDog wanted Crash to be represented.

In all of the official art and stuff he's got a smug grin and kinda looks like a badass, but looking at his death animations and facial expressions in-game he just looks insanely goofy.
>>
>>275580116
I thought the reason the brainwashing machine failed was because Crash was retarded. Or maybe the machine's failure gave him brain damage?
You're saying Crash was never supposed to be dumb?
>>
>>275580339
I can respect MoM at least, it tried to change when since the devs realized CoT was total shit
But even if they got some jokes in, the even further redesigns and 2D cutscenes were too much for me, plus even with a more refined gameplay, it still evolved from CoT
You can polish a turd all you want, its still a turd
>>
Why is the yellow gem SO HARD to get in Crash 2
>>
>This will never be in a Crash game
>EVER

https://soundcloud.com/gabriel-mann/crash-landed
>>
>>275580339
Might as well put those two games in the same category as Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures, taking iconic characters and dumbing them down for a more modern, younger audience.
>>
>>275579482
Pretty much this: http://youtu.be/JCIbQALAw1Q?t=1m10s
>>
>>275580562
>>275580492
Yes, he was never supposed to be dumb.

The creators said their intent was for him to be cool and heroic, but is sometimes caught in goofy situations.

He isn't dumb, though.
>>
File: crash-bandicoot.png (2MB, 2000x2030px) Image search: [Google]
crash-bandicoot.png
2MB, 2000x2030px
>Sony, Naughty Dog and Activision will never come together to make a new old-school Crash Bandicoot game
>>
>>275580625
Here's a hint. Go into the bonus stage and kill yourself. it'll reset the timer but spawn you next to the bonus platform
>>
>>275580671
>That fucking good soundtrack
Why did Naughty Dog need to kill it off? It was perfect.
>>
>>275580781
>Naughty Dog
I'm pretty sure whoever worked there when they were making Crash has probably left the studio by now.
>>
>>275580562
It failed because "but dr. cortex, the vortex is not ready, we don't know what it could do ahehehehe"

see: >>275580671
>>
File: software mode.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
software mode.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>275580426
One last screenshot just to show software mode. Requires speedhacks to get to 60fps, which could potentially mess with gameplay. I had to set VU Cycle Stealing to 2 just to get a consistent 60fps.
>>
>>275580928
Yeah, all that's left are people who makes movies and linear shooters
>>
>>275580116
Considering the lateral thinking you have to use in Crash regarding boxes, he's at least some kind of Idiot Savant.
>>
>>275580781
No. I don't want any of those people to work on a Crash game. Let him rest already. I've already had to watch him die once.
>>
Naughty Dog a shit. Nobody currently there even put a hand on Crash.

If anyone needs Crash back, it's TT. They knew what they were doing and were just about to strike gold before Radical Entertainment snatched it from them. And then Radical died too.
>>
>>275580736

He was also meant to spout nothing but advertising slogans at one point, as a result of being brainwashed by television.
>>
>>275580562
the machine failed because crash was insane
he wasn't an idiot, he was just insane and crazy, less than Ripper Roo, since Cortex didn't even try to use the Vortex with him, but crash was still too mentally unstable to brain wash it

Now imagine a universe where crash was a success and the insane evil leader of an furry army like cortex wanted him to be
>>
File: 1357505263702.jpg (11KB, 252x226px) Image search: [Google]
1357505263702.jpg
11KB, 252x226px
>>275580671
>"But Dr. Cortex, we have not yet determined the cause of previous failures"
>Koala Kong's cage is open
Does this mean all the bosses from the first game are actually failed experiments that escaped exactly like Crash and Cortex is simply trying in vain to get his "Cortex Commandos" working?
>>
File: Roo - Crash team racing.gif (497KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Roo - Crash team racing.gif
497KB, 500x281px
crash has the deepest lore
>>
>>275580671
>Crash's "UH-OH" as he falls out the window
>>
>>275579198
>Cortex Vortex
Everything in this game is just so charming, the only others that come close are some of the Ratchet and Clank games and the first Rayman.
Does the ps3 have access to all of these?
>>
>>275581110
Luckily they scrapped that shit idea.

>>275581151
No, it failed because the machine was not ready. See the Crash 1 intro. Brio explicitly says this, and Cortex is impatient.

>>275581205
Ripper Roo was his first experiment, but failed. Hence why he is crazy and manic.

The others are under Cortex's control but all have serious flaws. Hence why they can't lead Cortex's animal army.
>>
>>275581214
WE CAN GO DEEPER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi2X6HH3Lb8
>>
Is the Cortex Vortex what Brio destroys if you 100% Crash 2?
>>
>>275581287
Yes, you can buy the original ps1 games in the store. As for Ratchet and Clank, there's an HD collection.
>>
NEO Cortex
NITRUS Brio
NEFARIOUS Tropy
NITROS Oxide
N..... Gin?
>>
>>275581389

Yup.

Cortex was gonna use it to brainwash the whole planet.
>>
>>275580809
tried that, it didn't work....
>>
>>275581205
Pinstripe is definitely under Cortex's command, as he's CEO of Cortex's energy company or something. That said it does make sense for Ripper Roo and Koala Kong, while Papu Papu is just a random tribal leader.
>>
>>275580928

Correct. Most of the higher ups left to other management position and the rest went to studio's like Retro.
>>
>>275581205
pretty much the only success Cortex and Brio had with the vortex and evolve ray was Pinstripe, which why he became manager of the power plant
Koala kong was a failure, but a controllable one, so he became muscle
Riper Roo was the first try, which why he is full on crazy
Papu was just some tribe leader who lived on the Island
Tawana appears to be the only perfect experiment they did (until Coco is introduced in 2)
>>
>>275579746
>You NEVER talk about CNK in a crash thread
>>275579956
the antigravity stuff right?
>>
File: 1405458365418.jpg (3KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
1405458365418.jpg
3KB, 125x123px
Let's do some brainstorming.

How are power levels in the Crash franchise determined?
>>
>Naughty Dog developed a simple, yet deep, storyline that attempted to remain cohesive throughout all 3 games and explain the motivations of every character

You can't deny that this made the first 3 games infinitely more charming.
>>
>>275581441
What a great time to be alive.
>>
>>275581609
yeah, exactly
>>
This is the most in-depth I've ever seen Crash Bandicoot discussed, props /v/
>>
>>275581661

Team Racing, too.
>>
Exactly how did Coco come to fruition, storywise? Assuming Cortex created her (why did he?), how did she escape to go live with onii-chan?
>>
>>275581650
Wumpa Levels*
>>
>>275581650
Does anyone in the franchise even have any powers (aside from Aku Aku and Uka Uka), not counting stuff like "Super strength" for Tiny or Koala Kong for example?
>>
>>275581650
The more segments you have on your health bar, the stronger you are.

ie: Pinstripe is stronger than Papu Papu.
>>
>>275581820
>(why did he?)
Well you see when one spends so much time on a stranded island gets lonely and starts looking at animals in a different way...
>>
File: dbnsv42.jpg (30KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
dbnsv42.jpg
30KB, 512x512px
>>275581506
N. Bryo = embryo
N. Tropy = entropy
N. Gin = engine
>>
>>275581820
she was never properly explained in the first 3 games, Tawana got axed and replaced with her and instead of being crash's gf she was now her sister

if you want a reason to make coco, I guess it would be the same why cortex made Tawana, what ever it was
>>
>>275581975
N. Tropy is literally the MASTER OF TIME.

THE MASTER OF TIME.
>>
File: 1415430575852.jpg (14KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
1415430575852.jpg
14KB, 624x351px
>>275581947
Just what exactly IS a wumpa fruit? Some kind of apple?
>>
>>275581820
Probably made her to be a soldier, but before she was brainwashed the events of 1 took place. Crash freed all the critters, including her.

Of course, the real life reason is that she was made to replace Tawna, who was considered "too sexy".
>>
>>275581975
N. Tropy can somewhat control time I think.
>>
The music in crash bash is the best and I have the entire soundtrack to it.

Fucking remix of dingodile's theme is amazing.
>>
I'm trying to find proof that Tiny Tiger was created by Brio to stop Cortex/Crash.

Is it in the manuals?
>>
File: cuflf[1].png (160KB, 324x424px) Image search: [Google]
cuflf[1].png
160KB, 324x424px
Who is the most "literally who" Crash character?

You don't even know this guy's name or what his motivations were.
>>
>>275581975
N.Brio created the Mutagen drink or whatever, he can drink to go Hulk mode
N. Tropy is THE MASTER OF TIME as in THE MASTER OF TIME
the other mask in WoC are also quite powerful
The twin parrots in Twinsanity are reality rippers and can move through dimensions
>>
>>275582089
>>275582185
Shit I forgot about that. And then there was N. Trance who was all about hypnotism and stuff and had that fucking baller boss music Jesus Christ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wANOK0tllc
>>
>>275582281
Barney's testicle?
>>
>>275581976
That motherfucker was coked-up Scarface, I kept losing to him constantly.
WHOOPING 6 VITALITY
>>
>>275582281

His name is N. Tranced. N.Tropy met him while traveling through time and space. Another dimension, I believe.

He can hypnotize people.
>>
>>275582281
What the fuck is he? Because he sure isn't human.
>>
File: 1415355820892.jpg (57KB, 455x346px) Image search: [Google]
1415355820892.jpg
57KB, 455x346px
>tfw I was the only kid who knew what a bandicoot was
>everyone else thought Crash was a fucking fox
>>
>>275582281
He's the fucking shithead who hypnotized MOTHERFUCKING DINGODILE in Nitro Kart.
>>
Is Dingodile the Wario of the Crash series?

Everytime someone brings up "mains" in a Crash game, everyone always jumps for Dingodile.
>>
Why would N. Trophy work for Cortex when he's much more powerful?
>>
>>275582281
He was in one of the GBA games.
>>
>>275582281
Nah, those Zam and Zem (?) guys from Nitro Kart fill that role.
>>
>>275582438
he is an alien, IIRC same planet as N.Oxide
>>
>>275573615
I dunno. Crash Bandicoot plots are too complex for me.
>>
>>275582572
Somewhat. He isn't has silly/goofy, though.

He's meant to be one of the more intelligent but manic bosses.
>>
File: it's still missing komodo moe.jpg (347KB, 716x581px) Image search: [Google]
it's still missing komodo moe.jpg
347KB, 716x581px
CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTER
>>
>>275582352
Don't forget Crash can destroy boulders, send most things flying like bullets when he hits them.
Retard strenght is a super power right?
>>
>>275582591
because Uka Uka is stronger than him, and cortex works to Uka Uka
>>
>>275582438
An egg.

>>275582572
I heard that a lot of people used him in CTR because he had joint best stats with Tiny (unless you have the PAL version) with the less obstructive model
>>
>>275582713
Fake Crash, always my nigga Fake Crash.
>>
>>275582804
>(unless you have the PAL version)

Details?
>>
>>275582713
>Tfw we used to play CTR in the common room in last year of school
>Only rule was not to use the bosses
>That one little shit who waited until everyone else had picked then chose a boss
>N.Gin every time mother fucker
>>
>>275582713
Penguin yay one
>>
File: cortexchaos4.jpg (220KB, 691x429px) Image search: [Google]
cortexchaos4.jpg
220KB, 691x429px
>http://www.crashmania.net/cortex-chaos/
>"It was going to be a completely new game, that was going to be developed back when we (TT Oxford) thought Universal were gonna allow us to continue the Crash franchise. I'm sure FakeNina mentioned that Crash Clash Racing/ Tag Team Racing was originally concepted and briefly designed by TT? Well when Radical got there hands on it, we began to design a Cortex-only game entitled something like - "Cortex Chaos", or "The All-New Cortex Show". Universal still own the rights to this, but I'm not sure if they will ever develop it properly...but we had several ideas which the game was going to be about... several of which I will describe briefly below from memory...

>The first proposal was based on the idea that Cortex had a series of little Clones (either humanoid or robotic) (...) He would be able to control them to do several little tasks ... such as pick up and throw bombs, collect items, or line-up to create a bridge (bit like Pikmin in some respects I suppose).

>The Second followed a Rockman/MegaMan style idea. Cortex had been kicked out of the Evil Scientist league, because of his fratenising with the cretinous Crash Bandicoot (during Twinsanity). The new team of evil doctors, now led by N.Tropy were trying to get their revenge on Cortex for some reason or other, and so each of the levels were based around them (N.Trance/N.Tropy/N.Brio/N.Gin/N.Oxide) etc...and of course introducing new villains (Doctor N.Tombed (a huge egyptian mummy like pharoah; Doctor N.Tertain (a strangle clown like doctor) and Doctor N.Tangle (a doctor that had plants growing from him - I think?)...there were more also, but I don't remember them.

You will NEVER EVER play Cortex Chaos.
>>
>>275582713
>As a kid
Tiny Tiger

>Now
Crash Bandicoot or Pinstripe
>>
>>275583005
In PAL Penta Penguin has max everything
>>
>>275582804
I played PAL and nobody played Dingodile. There was one guy who played Tiny but his shitty turning ruined him 9/10 games
>>
>>275583005
The PAL version is more like an "update patch" of the NTSC version. Because the NTSC version had to be rushed, some details are unfinished. The most blatant is Penta Penguin, who is Polar/Pura tier in NTSC, but maxed out in all stats in PAL.
>>
>>275583061
Honestly, it doesn't sound that good anyway.

Especially the new villains. I like the idea of N. Tropy fighting against Cortex, though.
>>
File: 1393267470579.jpg (42KB, 720x439px) Image search: [Google]
1393267470579.jpg
42KB, 720x439px
>>275582713
>Tawna
>>
>>275582713
Spyro because superior series. Alternatively Polar or N Gin
>>
File: 220.png (21KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
220.png
21KB, 300x100px
Remember in Spyro 3 where you could play the Crash Bash demo? did you know that if you type in an exact code on the demo version of the game's main menu, it will unlock a debug cheat menu which has access to ALL of the level's in Crash Bash considering it was only meant to be a demo version of the game.
>>
File: 1415281131709.jpg (299KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1415281131709.jpg
299KB, 960x1280px
GUYS

Please tell me, WHAT the fuck happened to this project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9gOskr0Xxg

is it still alive or what?
>>
Who is best doc?

>N. Cortex
>N. Gin
>N. Tropy
>N. Oxide
>N. Brio
>N. Tranced

Others don't count.
>>
>>275583432
That still boggles me to this day
How did they even fucking manage to fit 2 games on the disc? Crash Bash has a shitload of content
>>
>>275583432
I did not know that. Do both these things still exist in the PSN version?
>>
>>275583517
N. Tropy is the mother fucking master of time
>>
>>275583559
Not a clue, but if people found out about that at the time of release, it would of pretty much killed the sales for Crash Bash and even improved the sales for Spyro 3.
>>
>>275583704
He can still be defeated, though. Crash beat him.

He's just a human who makes time contraptions
>>
File: 1413070729725.jpg (91KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1413070729725.jpg
91KB, 640x480px
>>275583432
>In the Beta version of Big Bad Fox the icons for the Komodo Bros. have Bart and Homer Simpson placeholders instead.
>>
>>275583432

Does it let you save if you do that?
>>
>>275583684
Yep, tried it, and still works fine.
>>
>>275580671
How come they never used Crash' girlfriend ever again?
>>
>>275583517
N Tropy for that fu manchu beard.
>>
>>275583559
Crash Bash ISOs are only 60mb. Seems they could easily fit it and another game on one disc.
>>
>>275583432
I remember there was a Spyro Game for the GBA and very rarely when you started it, instead of playing the actual game it played some sort of Crash minigame about dancing.
It really weirded me out as a kid.
>>
>>275583852
Japan didn't like that he had a sexy girlfriend.

Coco ended up better, anyway. Tawna had no personality.
>>
>>275583796
I don't think so.
>>
How do the Komodo Bros get to space in Crash Bash?
>>
>>275583517
>time boss
>NOW YOUR ON MY TIME YOU LITTLE SKUNK
>>
>>275583852
I read once that it was because one of the female executives hated the idea of her and thought it was sexist and then Tomb Raider came out and it was a huge success, causing her to quit.
>>
>>275583940

Japan loves Tawna.

Thats why she was in that shitty DS party game with a new design.
>>
Given the amount of Characters in the Crash games, it would be possible to make a SSB type game with them. Spyro characters could be introduced aswell to boost character numbers.
Thoughts?
>>
>>275583894
I'm guessing that was the crossover games with Spyro and Crash?
>>
>>275584062
*Sony Japan didn't like Tawna
>>
>>275583727
Hah, if only I'd known back then. I remember paying 39.99 pounds for it back then when it first came out, crazy
>>
>>275584114
Not enough good characters, tho. That was the problem in Crash Bash, too.
>>
>>275584114
I guess, they might get a bit samey though. Kart racers obviously don't have to worry about that sort of thing.
>>
>>275584062
Holy shit I had completely forgotten about Boom Bang. Literally forgot it even existed for years now
Holy shit I also just remembered my lil brother used to have it, wow
Such a bizzare game
>>
>>275584127
No, it was Spyro : Season of Ice.
>>
>>275583940
What? Japs loved her. In fact, I'm pretty sure that they made one of the Bandicoot girls in CTR into her AND they gave Crash an epilogue in Bash where they got back together.
>>
>>275584141
As far as I know it was actually Sony America that didn't like her. Some bitch SJW thought it didn't fit in and all, so they were forced to cut her or there would be consequences.

I think the entire story was on Andy's blog. (one of the main devs) where he talks about the entire development of the Crash series. Extremely interesting read if you're interested in Crash.
>>
>>275583517
MASTER.

OF.

TIME.
>>
>>275584334
>hey gave Crash an epilogue in Bash where they got back together.

Link pls

>>275584420
>>275584334
Sony Japan didn't like her.

That was one bitch from Sony America before they made Crash 1. She was a non-issue from then
>>
>>275583852
She appears on a whorehouse in Twinsanity.

So it's not like she stopped existing.
>>
>>275584420
>Andy's blog
Shit I forgot about this. This should be mandatory for every Crash thread.
http://all-things-andy-gavin.com/2011/02/02/making-crash-bandicoot-part-1/
>>
>>275584239
You've got Crunch now. And since Fake Crash is pretty much neutral, just have him side with Crash too. That's how Nitro Kart did it.
>>
File: O5Z4p0f.jpg (108KB, 461x728px) Image search: [Google]
O5Z4p0f.jpg
108KB, 461x728px
What fucking game was this bitch introduced in? The last Crash I played was the Gamecube one (Wrath of Cortex?) which I remember being pretty good. It probably isn't, but oh well.

Why did they fuck her design up so bad in Titans/Mutant whatever the fuck it was?
>>
>>275584719
She never had a good design to begin with.

Introduced in Twinsanity. I really disliked her and her levels.
>>
>>275584719
Twinsanity I think?
>>
>>275584719
She was meant to be in Nitro Kart, but she got pushed back to Fusion I think.
>>
>>275584503
>Uka was sealed away thanks to Crash! Hopefully..... forever.
Great job, Crash!
That voice... could it be Tawna?
Tawna, Crash's former lover, appears in front of him.
Crash punches himself in disbelief.
Even if this were a dream, he may not wake up from it!
The end.

There's a picture somewhere but I'm still looking for it.
>>
File: miyamoto1.jpg (35KB, 450x361px) Image search: [Google]
miyamoto1.jpg
35KB, 450x361px
>missing crates
>>
>>275584719
She was in Twinanity and the crossover with Spyro on GBA.
>>
>>275584719
Meant to be introduced in Twinsanity by TT, though they originally planned on introducing her in Nitro Kart, which they were developing. Nitro Kart was then moved to Vicarious Visions.

Vicarious Visions jumped the gun and threw her in Fusion, which was released a few months before Twinsanity.

After Twinsanity, TT began development on Crash Tag Team Racing, but development once again shifted. This time to Radical Entertainment.
>>
File: cool_wild_and_groovy.png (66KB, 200x176px) Image search: [Google]
cool_wild_and_groovy.png
66KB, 200x176px
>>275584589
>Sonic's Ass
This is going to be an interesting read
>>
>>275584945
>such a good IP was passed around like a prostitute

Universal Studios lost millions not giving it to a talented dev. Fuck them.
>>
>>275584719
Is dat some butt fangs I see
>>
>>275584937
>>275584945
>that stupid fucking boss fight where she freakishly merges with other bosses and gives chase

Man the first two Crash GBA games were decent but Fusion was 100% Absolut Ass (from concentrate)
>>
>>275585151
If you think Crash Fusion is bad then you should see Spyro Fusion. Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>tfw the Crash Bandicoot 2 manual sets you up to think that Cortex is actually good, and you later find out he's evil

http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Sony_Playstation//Manual/formated/Crash_Bandicoot_2-_Cortex_Strikes_Back_-_1997_-_Sony_Computer_Entertainment.pdf

Fucking brilliant. Why don't they put effort into video game manuals, anymore?
>>
>>275585151
>>that stupid fucking boss fight where she freakishly merges with other bosses and gives chase
Isn't that from Crash Bandicoot the Huge Adventure or w/e it's called in other regions?
>>
>>275585248

I don't even wanna know how Spyro (badly) transitioned to 2D.
>>
POST MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGH3l-IgAtQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kWE_WHRbmI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qft6BHdxRA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaA6F_BaCpY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYkBWmWExx0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYG6lzY74S0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7-C5rqKVGI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ2lLp1VfyY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ8tCEEg6A8
>>
>>275585248
They're the same game. Admittedly the physics make way more sense for Crash but that doesn't change much when 80% of the games are minigames.
>>
>>275585390
I'll put it this way. You have to grind to get gems to get the minigames. Most of the minigames are just reskins of each other (ie, horizontal dodge the enemies and then the same thing but vertical), worse controls and to top it all off when you reach the last world it says you have to back and beat every minigame 3 times in order to access it.
>>
>>275585537
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbjq-LVcFXg
>>
File: 1310678446950.jpg (393KB, 1000x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1310678446950.jpg
393KB, 1000x1077px
>>275585248
God no, wasted enough time on Crash Fusion
>>275585370
N-Tranced had N-Trance as the final boss (N. Tropy as secret final boss) and yeah I think XS/Huge Adventure had Nina
It was funny because there was literally no build-up to her character, she just appeared at the end of the game bursting out of a cage
>>
>>275585537
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKoRVTar6cc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI0lQurba6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFjmRk6xFI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajeUqCRGR6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-siGkjTOFMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3myW6eU3Fw
>>
>>275585761

>I think XS/Huge Adventure had Nina

Nah. She wasn't in either of the classic style GBA games.
>>
>>275585537
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nfx2aUl4Fw
>tfw this didn't even appear in game.
Also a relatively unknown fact is that the Japanese version of Crash 1 had different boss music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOTi5nBxjgQ
>>
How is Crash Nitro Kart?

I liked the idea of having team characters.

Like Team Crash vs Team Cortex vs Team Oxide vs Team eggman
>>
>>275585761
Holy shit, that image is GOAT. It's like someone looked at an encyclopedia of every Crash character, no matter how major or minor, and just slapped them all in one image.

I can't think of one character that's absent.
>>
>>275586052
Why are there 2 fake crash's?
>>
>>275579882
>rocket pack
fuck them
>>
File: radicalbandiman.png (288KB, 929x792px) Image search: [Google]
radicalbandiman.png
288KB, 929x792px
i drew dis
>>
>>275585960
Wait so what the fuck was she in
I'm drunk

>>275586052
It's pretty fucking comprehensive alright
Lacks the Cortex clones from Warped though
>>
>>275586172
The red one in the upper right corner is Evil Crash from Twinsanity.
>>
>>275586172
One of them is Evil Crash. Different character.
>>
>>275579443
I recall reading that somewhere as well. It possibly comes from something an ND dev said.
>I remember the underwater levels had lots of future-like tech
This is Atlantis we're talking about here. People love to attribute extreme technological advances to the sunken city.
>>
>>275586280
You mean the Lab Assistants?

Look under N. Tropy's shoulder.
>>
>>275586172

One is a fake, the other is his evil twin from the 10th dimension (who had a rather attractive slutty sister).
>>
File: no.gif (904KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
904KB, 150x150px
>mfw all these amateurs trying to poke holes in the watertight lore of the Crashiverse
seriously, at least do your research before you try this shit.
I'm so sick of fucking Bandibro posers trying to get into the community by spewing half-baked interpretations of the source material.
If you haven't beaten the games several times to truly digest the plot and lore then I don't even want to hear your fucking opinion.
>>
>>275577337
>That's why he's called Tiny.
Are you sure? People love to call others the opposite of what they are. Like Little John in Robin Hood being really tall, or Tiny because he's huge.
>>
>>275586392
>who had a rather attractive slutty sister

What?
>>
>>275577658
>Twinsanity was supposed to have more content
>And it's Crash of the Titans fault
Why
>>
>>275586367
God DAAAAAAMN

>>275586392
>>
File: hi anon.png (67KB, 150x420px) Image search: [Google]
hi anon.png
67KB, 150x420px
>>275586581
>>
>>275586660
I don't remember this in Twinsanity
>>
>>275586730
Cut content
>>
>>275586730
Prolly leaked renders from FakeNina or some shit
>>
>>275584719
>Tfw this was my waifu when I was younger
>When Tag team racing came out I'd always mix karts with her

What is wrong with me
>>
>>275586773

Sadly cut.
>>
>>275586773
Thank God. She looks like shit.

I can't think of one GOOD introduced character after Naughty Dog. Not ONE.
>>
>>275577763
That's because you can't be better at voicing Cortex than Clancy Brown.
>>
>>275586730
Because it was cut.

Like most of the game.
>>
>>275586786
why is fakenina so based?
>>
>>275586730
Her scene was deleted.
>>
File: 1369064138103.jpg (14KB, 502x417px) Image search: [Google]
1369064138103.jpg
14KB, 502x417px
>>275582713
>that last row
this is fake right?
I played CTR for years, well after the PS2 came out and I never got fucking Tawna.
I didn't miss out on a whole bunch of unlockables did I?
I never looked it up online...
>>
>>275586831
N. Tranced was okay.
>>
>>275586831
I, also, can't think of ONE bad character that Naughty Dog introduced.

NOT ONE.

I just don't understand how they struck gold with every single character they introduced. Each one was memorable. Every single one.
>>
File: 1317029777856.jpg (42KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1317029777856.jpg
42KB, 320x240px
SELECT THE CHARACTER UPON WHICH YOU WISH TO PORTRAY
>>
>>275586786
Wasn't that an unlockable piece of concept art?
>>275586916
Yeah it's fake
>>275586952
>That fucking music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wANOK0tllc
>>
>>275586916
A lot of that roster is faker than my stripper mother's fake tits. Tawna was not unlockable, neither was Spyro, Koala Kong, N.Brio, Oxide and many others. The Penta Penguin is actually legit though, he was unlockable solemnly through a cheat code in the PAL version of the game, and only the PAL version.
>>
File: crash bandicoot 2.png (22KB, 185x159px) Image search: [Google]
crash bandicoot 2.png
22KB, 185x159px
>>275586804
>>275584719
>mfw I was attracted to her Twinsanity design non-ironically
>>
>>275587117
Penta is unlockable by cheat code in the NTSC version too, but he's unfinished.
>>
>>275587075
Dingodile 4 lyfe

Which characters were the best for those fucking tank based games? I feel convinced to this day that Crash and Cortex sucked the most and Dingodile and the Gorilla were OP due to being able to fire twice in rapid bursts.
>>
File: versionsbash-2.png (61KB, 292x232px) Image search: [Google]
versionsbash-2.png
61KB, 292x232px
>>275587075
I want to play the Jap version featuring best character.
>>275587117
Penta was in all versions, but he's unfinished in NTSC
>>
>>275587063
It's like the devs said in that blog post. They hired professional cartoon character designers.

They also cared about the game, not just raping it for money.
>>
>>275587180
I don't know why people say "unfinished". Putting his stats to the max surely is not a lot of work.
>>
File: kill me.png (10KB, 65x71px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.png
10KB, 65x71px
>>275587240
>dat dingodile
>>
>>275587075
Cortex if my brother goes as Crash
Crash if he goes as Coco
Kong if he goes as Tiny
We've been playing it recently.
Fuck Dot Dash
>>
>>275586730
Cut content. there was supposed to be a Nice Cortex to go along with Evil Crash and a "Evil" Coco.
>>
>>275585537
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RriJ-WMz3Is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsvHQCTgHvg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaHsSxJA7sA&list=UUQIdjSXJlwATOtoTj7SAKDg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK4CMcvMaEE

I consider the music of these games to be one of their greatest strengths.
>>
>>275587213
Cortex/Brio were the weakest in tanks. They could shoot fast but were weak as fuck. Crash/Coco were all-around.

Tiny and Kong can shoot powerful shots but the reload time is too long. Dingodile and Rilla Roo can shoot two spurts at a time but their power is middling.
>>
>>275587118
She was cute in the sort of way where she was conventionally unattractive, if you follow me. There was something about her that made it seem as if he'd be the sort to be overlooked by most guys, and probably sweet and devoted to whomever was flirtatious with her. Plus there's the appeal of the non-conformist bad girl type going on.

I'm a huge faggot.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 224x225px
Is N. Tranced the best post-naughty dog villain or character? Design-wise, he looks pretty damn nice.

What do you guys think about him?
>>
>>275587075
Tiny was my favorite character.
>>
File: Capture.png (336KB, 584x395px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
336KB, 584x395px
Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CzX2JUqDuI
>>
>>275587450
He's probably pretty tasty.
>>
>>275587450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kas7NmuXXs

The voice could use some work.

Don't watch unless you want to ruin your current "BASED" perception of him.
>>
>>275587475
Sam here, niggah.

>that boss fight opening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWJWt-1b6Og
>>
>>275587413
nah man you sound sweet.
>>
>>275582713
N.Tropy. Always
If not, Ripper Roo
>>
>>275587450

Neat addition to the cast. Fleshed out the world, I suppose.

Then the Titans games ruined everything.
>>
>that guy who mained Ripper Roo in CTR
>he's a flaming homo now
>>
>>275587517
Yeah, he sounds like shit. I'm just talking about his model design.
>>
File: 1396325384284.jpg (50KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1396325384284.jpg
50KB, 380x380px
http://youtu.be/i-iLtrbwSDo?t=13s
monthly reminder
>>
>>275583517
MY TIME IS UP

BUT YOURS, SOON

WILL BE TOO!
>>
File: nina.png (197KB, 600x852px) Image search: [Google]
nina.png
197KB, 600x852px
>not wanting to fuck pale goth girl with buckteeth and hands that could insta jack you off
SHIGGY

>>275587405
Cortex/Brio's energy shots also travelled the longest as well. If you were good at aiming for ricochets then they were right up your alley
>>
>>275576813
Even for the design of Crash Naughty Dog had to jump through so many hoops to make him look wackier for the Japanese. Jason Rubin even spent a month watching and reading as much anime and manga as possible in all his spare time to try and understand what the Japs like.
>>
>>275587331
>crash... I...
>>
File: 149972514981.png (205KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
149972514981.png
205KB, 500x504px
>>275587450
Certainly one of the better ones.

I remember being BTFO as a kid playing through N-Tranced and seeing mah nigga Tropy bringing out this entirely new doctor who I'd have never seen before in any of the previous games. It reminded me of Tropy's own reveal in Crash 3, just bringing this new villain out of the blue and saying "IT'S HAPPENING"
>>
I now have a yearning desire to play CTR and Twinsanity again.
Does Twinsanity emulate well?
>>
>>275587806
C-can I get the source on this friend?

Please
>>
>>275587831
And it didn't turn into haremshit?

The 90s must have been a magical time.
>>
>>275587886
I remember watching N.Tropy's intro scene over and over again and you can see his silhouette pistons in the background
>>
The character design and voice acting is on tier with Disney movies, if not better.

The production values are so fucking good. Someone explain this shit to me. Why is Nintendo the only other company capable of achieving this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LcBq71_lZU
>>
>>275587806
NO THANKS
>>
What would your ideal Crash Bandicoot boss fight be? How would it play out? Who's the boss and how would Crash beat the shit out of him?

Let your autism be free.
>>
>>275588006
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/s-l-b/

>>275587886
The intro FMV to Warped was fucking fantastic, really set the one
What I love most is that from the moment Uka Uka appears in the time station you can see N. Tropy standing far behind (with his pistons still moving) silhouetted in the dark;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-WAWqFb5D0
>>
>>275583852
>>275583940
One of the executives at Universal Studios was one of those unbearable 90s feminist types who hated because she thought that Tawna was super sexist. Like everyone else at Universal other than Mark Cerny, she didn't have a clue about video games yet still tried to influence everything as much as possible.
>>
>>275588216
I'd have to draw it to help me visualise the way it would play out.

I think N. Tropy is the best boss fight out of all the Crash games, though. It was pretty difficult as a kid, and unique enough to draw my interest.
>>
>>275588216
Take the Dingodile fight from crash warped and there you go. Shit was pretty much dope as it was.
>>
>tfw no Twinsanity sequel
I was hoping that Sonic boom would turn out like Twinsanity
>>
>>275588179
Nintendo usually doesn't have voice acting.
Also since games were so small back then it was easy to shove out consistently good content each year. With all the money they got from the previous titles they were able to buy better presentation.
>>
>>275588179
One thing I defiantly love more with 3 is the boss fights. Especially the final one where Aku and Uka are brawling it out while you try to defeat cortex.

Bette than that stupid Jetpack chase for sure.
>>
>>275574263
>Crash Retold

I laughed
>>
>>275588415
It's not only that, though. They had better ideas. Something as simple as the close-up floating head projections of the bosses, and their dialogue, did wonders in adding charm to each and every boss.

Also, I wouldn't mind buying a game of Crash's scale today. So long as the mechanics and production values are good enough. It would be pretty cheap to make today, too. Sell it at half the price of the average game.
>>
>>275588310
Absolutely fucking based, thank you.
Speaking of Furaffinity oriented shit, I was half thinking of making a Nina Cortex vore story involving something or other since vorarephilia is a hell of a fetish

Help
>>
>>275588368
Yeah pretty much this, Warped's Dingodile boss fight is the epitome of Crash bosses for me
If I had to design a new one I'd have him able to alternate between a flame and ice thrower, the ice one being able to construct platforms that lets you get close enough to him to strike before he melts it all away again with the flames
>>
>Crash Bandicoot has multiple villian factions
Holy shit, never noticed that.
>>
File: 1362490604181.jpg (26KB, 150x188px) Image search: [Google]
1362490604181.jpg
26KB, 150x188px
>>275588408
>mfw I didn't care AT ALL about Sonic Boom and I'm still disapointed
that piece of shit will please no one.
Sadly it's probably going to kill Sonic for good, after Colors, Generations and Racing Transformed were so great and redeemed the franchise.
>>
>>275588665
>Sadly it's probably going to kill Sonic for good
Nah, it's not even made by Sonic team, they are probably working on a good Sonic game right now.
Hopefully
>>
>>275588665
Sonic has had plenty of bad games, yet it still goes on.
>>
>>275574639
But Papu?
>>
>>275588594
No probs
I would probably approve of this tbh
>>
>that beginning cutscene where dingodile is about to fry the penguin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G7A5OtppEg

See, it's small things like that that add infinitely to a games quality.
>>
>>275588179

Only do I realize that N. Tropy fight has nothing to do with time travel. It's just cookie cutter jump rope type stuff. Don't know how exactly you'd utilize time travel though
>>
>>275588940
>it's Penta Penguin
>>
File: Computer_Dog.jpg (71KB, 600x387px) Image search: [Google]
Computer_Dog.jpg
71KB, 600x387px
>>275588871
Buddy Sonic Boom is like a second coming of 06.
I don't know if he's going to come back from this one.
It's like when a family member wins their fight with cancer only to find out it's back a year later.
Each time they find it again the odds get a little worse.
>>
>>275587117
>>275587180

You unlock him not by cheats but by defeating oxide in all the time trial races.
>>
>>275588368

Did you know you can just double jump over the icicles? Kinda breaks the fight
>>
File: 1332664330346.jpg (34KB, 632x464px) Image search: [Google]
1332664330346.jpg
34KB, 632x464px
>>275587806
That ass is dynamite.
>>
>>275588216
Some mix of N.Gin and N.Tropy
They make a mecha robot capable of going through time. As you're fighting the machine, you're flying through a wormhole where the background rapidly changes between eras from pre-historic to futuristic and everything in between
>>
Are Crash's characters so likable and memorable simply because the amount of evil characters greatly outweigh the good?
>>
>>275588179
>"So, you pesky little rats..."
Holy shit in Twinsanity when you encounter Tropy the first thing he says is
>"Like rats from a sinking ship..."
Throwback or coincidence?
>>
>>275582281
these three
>>
>>275588940
break out da butta
>>
File: 1364958246834.gif (320KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1364958246834.gif
320KB, 300x169px
>>275589080
>mfw I didn't know you could spin attack the bees in CB2
>mfw I died multiple times when streaming it years later
>mfw the chat didn't tell me but thought it was hilarious
>mfw I finally figured out I could do it
>>
File: 1369842926697.jpg (48KB, 450x550px) Image search: [Google]
1369842926697.jpg
48KB, 450x550px
>>275588560
Crash 2's Cortex fight was such a disappointment, especially considering the music for that fight is such a funky ass beat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s67WsTvbASU
>>
>>275588926
That feel when I think I'll go ahead with that. I hope that when I go to the pearly gates I can stand before based god and have him grant me forgiveness.

>>275589080
Apparently you can just fucking slide jump over them too, which will get you to him if you're fast enough. Speedrunners pull that shit.
>>
Is there a more RNG-based game than Crash Bash?
>>
i like tag team racing any one other than me did ?
>>
>>275589273
Scientist who decided to use his genius for good instead of evil? Did they ever imply whether he made the Possum and the Chicken newscasters? I mean anthros aren't normal in Crash's world.

I'd say that fat Alien from that other PS2 racing game was much worse.
>>
File: 1405469808390.png (34KB, 298x268px) Image search: [Google]
1405469808390.png
34KB, 298x268px
>>275589315
>those first 12 seconds
>>
>>275589308
I would love he shit out of a stream of any of the games right now.
Just sayin.
>>
>>275589273
Willy Wumpacheeks, Pasadena O'Possum and Herman Von Germanfaggot
>>
One thing that always grabbed me was the change in how double jumping worked in Crash 3 compared to Wrath of Cortex. In Crash 3 you can only double jump at the very top of your first jump. In WoC you can double jump at whatever point in the first jump as you please.

>>275589361
Yeah, you can slide over, but it's a little harder and only works on some of the icicles.
>>
When will Crash get an RPG game?
>>
>>275589501
I thought it was pretty neat, but for some reason the physics at times seemed weird. I remember that when you unclashed with a car sometimes you'd get a huge boost that propelled you forward, which was basically good exclusively for dicking over your former partner by pushing yourself to solo victory without them near the end of a race.

Shooting shit also felt pretty rewarding when clashed, though admittedly driving by yourself sort of felt like a worse version of a standard mario kart game, save for the fact that karts got progressively damaged until exploding.

I think with more polish it could've been a lot better, but it did what it did decently.
>>
>>275589273
i really like pasadena especially her voice

he also have hot for crash so i think it's pretty cute
>>
>>275589501
i like it, but it's just felt too easy for me and also this>>275589728
>>
>>275589576
I gotta say, CTTR didn't suck.
>>
File: square bees.jpg (64KB, 637x335px) Image search: [Google]
square bees.jpg
64KB, 637x335px
Twinsanity is my favorite Crash game
Forgive me.
>>
>>275589715
The biggest hope you had for modern crash was for him to be in Skylanders.
And there isn't much hope there due to Spyro getting cut from there.
>>
>>275575028
Unless you think of it as Dragon Ball Z time travel. Crash is going back in time, but it's just the past of a similar universe?

Fuck I dunno. It was fun anyways. That triceratops didn't fuck around.
>>
File: 1413126567501.jpg (119KB, 600x834px) Image search: [Google]
1413126567501.jpg
119KB, 600x834px
>>275575484
didn't he have a thing for coco
>>
File: 1418257510154.jpg (36KB, 360x426px) Image search: [Google]
1418257510154.jpg
36KB, 360x426px
Post yfw >it was Willie Wumpacheeks
>>
>>275589843

I haven't played it, but the gameplay seems alright. Kinda like standard Crash Bandicoot but with non-corridor levels
>>
>>275589728
>>275589839
CTTR was by no means a bad game
Far from the best Crash game, but a solid follow-up to Twinsanity before things went tits-up
Much like Crash Bash if you played it co-op it was infinitely more enjoyable
That and I loved what the park attendants would say
>>
File: 1398581298465.jpg (523KB, 872x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1398581298465.jpg
523KB, 872x1160px
>>275589843
Don't apologize. It's the best one.
>>
>>275589843
Twinsanity was pretty good though, albeit short and very clearly rushed. Humor and writing were good, and I loved the soundtrack.
>>
>>275589947
>crash was for him to be in Skylanders
this is my worst nightmare
>>
>>275590079
Far from the best one. Mechanics and level design were really lacking.

The writing was good, and characterization of the naughty dog villains was good (for the most part).
>>
>>275589843
Too rushed but level design and presentation were great.

The Evil Twins were a great foil to Cortex/Uka without making him completely incompetent for the plot to work.
>>
>>275590237
>(for the most part)
Go on..
>>
File: Tnj6L.png (122KB, 256x319px) Image search: [Google]
Tnj6L.png
122KB, 256x319px
>>275589315
>That laugh if you let him get away at the end
>>
File: its me crosh bodicoot.png (7KB, 497x372px) Image search: [Google]
its me crosh bodicoot.png
7KB, 497x372px
>>275590209
>>
Crash 2 > Crash 1 > CTR > Crash 3 > Twinsanity >>>> Everything Else
>>
>>275575484
Man how do you fuck up a character's silhouette so much
He has so much menace about him in the original ND render, now he's just some dumpy Burton reject

One day I want to work on my own redesigns of Crash characters, something modenized whilst still respectful of Zembillas's work
>>
>>275590237
Twinsanity was our Threeie, except we got it.
>>
File: 1357409470506.png (565KB, 320x589px) Image search: [Google]
1357409470506.png
565KB, 320x589px
>>275590209
>>275590209
>>275590209
>>
File: 375260-chtropytwineu3_large.jpg (13KB, 300x456px) Image search: [Google]
375260-chtropytwineu3_large.jpg
13KB, 300x456px
>>275590336
I really liked N. Brio's design, but I felt like they could've done more with him. His signature laugh was absent, and he was kept silent. For what purpose? Maybe they couldn't find a good voice actor.

Also, a few of the villains were overdesigned like pic related
>>
>>275590363
Fair enough.
...Somebody start a fucking stream, already.
>>
>>275589843
If Nina Cortex wasn't a thing, and the game had a little more development time it would be better. But it's still a fun game. I had legit fun with it.
>>
>>275590551
I would but I have to do work. This has been a good thread
>>
>>275590487
What happened to that?
>>
>>275590514
do do BOING, do do BOING, do do BOING

RIBBADIBBA
>>
>>275590514
Not to mention the fact that they deleted the Cocos brain level but DIDN'T change the ending.
>>
>>275590551
>tfw only games I follow on Twitch are the first 3 Crash games

This is only a recent thing too, I just can't get enough of da gaemz
>>
File: 1337351317873.png (179KB, 570x564px) Image search: [Google]
1337351317873.png
179KB, 570x564px
>>275590514
Could that tuning fork be any larger.

>>275590626
What do you think?
>>
>>275590551
>speedrunner of crash 2 and 3
>have capture card
>toaster cant handle capture card without shiting itself
I'm rusty as hell too, I've taken quite a hiatus from it.
>>
>>275589843
that's a decent opinion.
It's not my opinion, just because I think the gameplay in the first games was better but the humor was great in Twinsanity.
I also liked the zany music.
>>
File: 1397172077599.jpg (260KB, 920x662px) Image search: [Google]
1397172077599.jpg
260KB, 920x662px
>>275590653
>>
File: 1405488650076.jpg (30KB, 575x329px) Image search: [Google]
1405488650076.jpg
30KB, 575x329px
>>275590487
man i don't even know anymore
>>
File: joey.jpg (63KB, 532x707px) Image search: [Google]
joey.jpg
63KB, 532x707px
>Naughty Dog will never make timless classics like Crash Bandicoot ever again
>they will continue to make flavor of the month cinematic experiences like Uncharted and TLoU forever
>>
File: MCD_05_Vivendi.jpg (380KB, 637x591px) Image search: [Google]
MCD_05_Vivendi.jpg
380KB, 637x591px
>>275590653
Oh fuck it's in my head

Does anyone remember seeing that mysterous crate further out from the N. Tropy / Brio boss fight? It's just floating above sea level
Probably just a glitch knowing how fucking rushed the game is (being able to skip half the N. Gin battleship level with a simple belly flop) but at the same time I wonder if it's a leftover from something else
>>
>>275590736
Get back on it and I'll folllow the shit out of you
>>
>>275590919
Uncharted 2 was fun, but it was also my first uncharted.

I then realised that it was an experience that got dry pretty quickly.
>>
RILLA ROO.

WINS.

DOM DOM DOM DOM.
>>
>>275590736
Sounds perfect.
>>
>>275590919
I liked Uncharted
But what I'm most pissed off about is the series continuing on the PS4. ND is supposed to have new IPs every generation.
>>
>>275589308
I used the bees to farm for lives.
slide+spin.
>>
>>275590582
>If Nina wasn't a thing
Nigger I'll kill you
>>
which game had the best ost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsmvX7FJHho
>>
>>275591260
I sincerely think that's the last one
>>
>>275591278
Crash bash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu1BL8oBVeU
>>
>>275591112
>semester is ending
>getting an overkill computer during christmas sales
>next semester isnt very difficult
No promises but it looks kind of good. I'd probably be streaming sometime early next year if it works out. mitchellr on Twitch
>>
Did you guys know that

N. Gin = Engine
N. Brio = Enbryo
Cortex = Cortex
>>
File: arthur pissed.jpg (24KB, 454x319px) Image search: [Google]
arthur pissed.jpg
24KB, 454x319px
>loved CTR
>didn't own a PS2 yet
>friend was THAT KID
>told me that Crash Nitro Kart was available on PS1
>spent hours one weekend trying to find it in like 20 shops with my dad, convinced that it existed and that it just was less popular than the PS2 version
>by the end my legs were sore and I came home empty handed
>>
>>275591260

I'm guessing TLOU was their next-gen IP but the console generation took too long.
>>
>jump on polar bear for 10 lives
>>
>>275591398
>Cortex = Cortex
>has a large head
holy shit...
>>
>>275579746
I still liked CNK although CTR was better.
It pretty much just stuck to its formula though and felt a little bit slower (still pretty fast, though). The Battle Mode was arguably better. The track design was pretty cool with the upside down stuff MK8 seems to have ripped off.
>>
File: 1397170012027.jpg (82KB, 481x525px) Image search: [Google]
1397170012027.jpg
82KB, 481x525px
>>275591375
I can't wait that long, bruh.
>>
File: 1414477803619.jpg (67KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1414477803619.jpg
67KB, 400x267px
>Beat crash bash co-op with my cousin in one sitting
>The game forces you to fight the other on who wins at the end mano a mano
>mfw this is the only game I can remember to this date that actually did this
>>
>he didn't go up to coco in the warp room and hump her by repeatedly crouching

u gay niggas?
>>
>>275591552
who
>>
>>275591278
still my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYG6lzY74S0

it sound so chill
>>
The plot of Crash 2 doesn't really make sense. Cortex tries to fake an alliance with Crash so that he'll do all of the dirty work. At no point does it really seem like Crash is actually working for Cortex, but since he doesn't ever talk, everyone assumes that he is.
>>
>>275588967
Weirdly enough most of the boss fights didn't have anything to do with time travel. Tiny's fight was in the Colosseum, that was about it.
>>
>>275590919
The original creators of Crash Bandicoot, Jason Rubin & Andy Gavin, left Naughty Dog (a company they founded) after the Jak and Daxter trilogy. They are not responsible for Uncharted and TLoU.
>>
>>275591621
Not like he had a choice either. Cortex pretty much trapped him in the Warp Rooms until Coco and N Brio presumably busted him out.
>>
>>275591659
Dingodile explicitly says his fight takes place in the Ice Age.
>>
File: 1365909674299.jpg (53KB, 475x533px) Image search: [Google]
1365909674299.jpg
53KB, 475x533px
>>275591552
>he didn't furiously masturbate his pre-pubescent cock to Tawna getting restrained by Cortex's men
>>
>>275591274
What's good about her?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtcpliagkxg
Obligatory
>>
>Playing Crash 1 100%
>Save game
>Next day, load game and continue
>Life count reset to default (4)

Huh. That's weird. Not that I'm dying all that often, but still.
>>
>>275581098
This.
Twinsanity wasn't fantastic but it seemed like they really cared about the franchise and wanted to make a great game but they didn't get time to. Just seeing all the removed content is depressing.

There's some really good moments in that game.
>>
>>275591659

It's just kinda lame now that I think about it, he's the master of time and just shoots some lasers. I suppose it's a bit silly lamenting that now though, it's been like fifteen years
>>
>>275591440
It was more like 30 lives.
>>
>>275591659
N Tropy and Cortex took place inside the Time Twister I think.

N Gin's could have been anytime since it was on the moon.
>>
>>275591846
Cortex looks like a Bond villain lmao
>>
>>275591521
It onyl does it if one of your characters is on Aku Aku's team and the other on Uka Uka's.
>>
File: 1411466002442.gif (1MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1411466002442.gif
1MB, 250x188px
>>275592061
deepest lore
>>
File: riev6r.jpg (17KB, 639x475px) Image search: [Google]
riev6r.jpg
17KB, 639x475px
>'97
>magazine store
>PLAYSTATION MAGAZINE WITH CRASH 2 COVERAGE, DEMO DISC WITH CRASH 2 PROMO
>HOLY FUCK
>buy it
>run home
>put disc in psx
>play crash 2 preview
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aO0X5b2jSk
>>
>>275592061
fucking technology
>>
File: bubsy.jpg (30KB, 275x256px) Image search: [Google]
bubsy.jpg
30KB, 275x256px
>>275592178
>Crash trying to be Bubsy
but why
>>
>>275592178
Jesus Christ how horrifying.
>>
File: u serious.png (147KB, 305x267px) Image search: [Google]
u serious.png
147KB, 305x267px
>>275592178
wot
>>
File: man.jpg (51KB, 665x665px) Image search: [Google]
man.jpg
51KB, 665x665px
>>275592178
WTF IS GOING ON
>>
File: 46775776.jpg (10KB, 239x227px) Image search: [Google]
46775776.jpg
10KB, 239x227px
>>275592178
>>
>>275591617
Twinsanity's fucking OST, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSOzmo40jJY
>>
>Loved crash growing up, especially during the time where Sonic games were more or less on a break due to the Saturn fucking up everything.
>2, 3 and CTR are still great games (1 is hit or miss and personally not as refined as the later games).
>Series is given to Universal/Travelers Tales (AKA, the people who made Sonic R and Sonic 3D) after Naughty Dog is done with it and makes WoC fairly shitty and never completes Twinsanity.
>Is given to another developer that completely redesigns everything into generic shit. Play the 360 demo before it is launched and my heart just sinks due to the poor quality.
>Franchise is now dead. Universal/Activision does not care to revive the franchise anywhere close to where it was and at most might get the Spyro treatment with Skylanders. TT is now a more seasoned developer then they were in the 90s/early 2000s, but will never get to try again. Naughty Dog will never touch it again due to the shift in styles and most of the original developers now being long gone.

Fuck this gay earth...
>>
>>275591778
She's a qt

like u
>>
>>275580116
I think it was a case of Flanderization. I don't think Crash was ever dumb, I think he was just ignorant or unaware. Maybe he was deaf. You never see him talking to anyone or agreeing with anything. He just starts running and doesn't stop until he reaches the end. Just because he's goofy and doesn't talk doesn't mean he's like a retarded person. That's what I hated most about the post naughty dog games.
>>
File: 1361800140951.png (195KB, 401x411px) Image search: [Google]
1361800140951.png
195KB, 401x411px
>>275592178
>>
File: why.jpg (181KB, 500x477px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
181KB, 500x477px
>>275592178
>>
File: 1.gif (2MB, 361x474px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
2MB, 361x474px
Am I the only one that thought the angel death in CB2 was really fucking morbid as a kid?
Every time I saw it I got a little depressed, I didn't see characters dying in games as actual deaths at that point.
>>
>>275592910
I didn't really think about it when I was younger but it certainly put me off. The whole atmosphere was off in comparison with the lighthearted and bright games I'd been playing beforehand.
>>
File: vicariouscrash_610a[1].jpg (163KB, 610x425px) Image search: [Google]
vicariouscrash_610a[1].jpg
163KB, 610x425px
>>275592595
Vicarious Visions were behind the GBA games. The one Skylanders game they made on 3DS (was mostly a linear, corridor platformer similar to crash) wasn't that bad either. I'd say right now, they could make the best Crash game and have the best chances to.

Pic related was in their offices a year or two ago.
>>
>>275592910
Only that one in particular. The other one that had him playing the digeridoo as he flew up was lighthearted enough.
>>
>>275592614
Aw :3
>>
New thread?
>>
>>275593467
Sure.
>>
File: 0.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
do games still have unexplained, inaccessible areas like this?

where the fuck is this room?
is it a limbo-like area that crash gets teleported to after stepping in the warp?
why is there crash paintings on the wall? who painted it?

>i-it's just a glorified loading screen, stop being autistic!

bullshit. naughty dog were trying to tell us something.
>>
>>275582713
I wish you could have played as Oxide, if not a nerfed version that drives a kart. I know you can play as him with a gameshark, and if you set the computer racers as Oxide, they'll take off at 3 instead of GO.
>>
>>275593635
Now that you mention it, this kind of reminds me of a story similar to Space Dandy
>>
>>275578158
Doc, you've given me the wrong dose.
>>
>>275593635
Wasn't it underneath one of the boulder levels?
>>
File: 1.gif (2MB, 281x279px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
2MB, 281x279px
>>275593423
yeah I also found the drowning animation disturbing.
Water deaths up until that point like Sonic had characters just make a face and fall off screen.
In CB2 he grabs his throat and your corpse floats to the surface.
Enemy deaths up until that point like Mario had characters jump and fall off screen or disappear in place.
In CB2 an angel rises from your body.

I'm not saying I would have preferred they not do it, but it's crazy that this was in a game made for kids.
>>
New thread
>>275593879
>>275593879
>>275593879
>>
>>275585761
About 1/3 of the way up this image I don't recognize any characters.
>>
>>275582049
>N.Tropy is entropy personified and is hunting you regardless of what time you are in
>tfw entropy tells you "my time is up, but soon yours will be, too."
>>
>>275580046
I always thought that was the best looking model for crash post-PS1 era.
>>
>>275591552
>He didn't jump on the polar bear for 10 lives

I don't do anything for free
Thread posts: 512
Thread images: 95

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.