[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad that I'm struggling against this guy in EO IV?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: EO2Dragon[1].png (20KB, 226x176px) Image search: [Google]
EO2Dragon[1].png
20KB, 226x176px
Is it bad that I'm struggling against this guy in EO IV?

I can handle his thunder attacks, they barely deal damage, but that weird fucking insta-kill of his fucks me up, I don't even know if it's random or if there's a condition, what the hell.

This is first EO game where I'm bothering with post-game content. I don't have much experience with superbosses in JRPGs, but I wanted to give this one a go since I really like the game.
>>
>>274702020

The insta-kill mechanic happens because you have to many buffs on your party. I don't remember exactly how many it couldn't be over, might be 8 or so, so doing 2 party-wide buffs would cause him to use it.
>>
He uses his insta-kill when you have too many buffs on your party
>>
>This is first EO game where I'm bothering with post-game content
>yfw these are the easiest dragons in the series
but anyway, have less than 7 buffs across your entire party so you don't get killed
>>
>>274702549
>>274702656
Well, that explains a lot. I had Volt Rune and Element Guard, but felt it was unecessary and used Rampart + Party Shield for my fortress.

Now that I think about it, only the Fortress and the Runemaster kept dying because of Rampart and Runic Gleam.

Will he fuck me up if I debuff him instead?

>>274702885
Yeah, I heard that too. My party was all over the place. Did some mad resting after the fight.
>>
>>274703138
Nah, debuffs don't count against you
>>
>>274702020
He is the most dangerous dragon in IV
as many others already said, don't overbuff you so much and good luck
>>
>>274703138

There's no reason to use anything other than Volt Rune for defense, along with some volt resist food they damage from his attacks is negligible. Just because buffing any of your damage dealers, for the most part it isn't a damage race since you can just comfortably heal through his physical attacks.
>>
>>274703253
>>274703491
Then I guess Wiglaf's only purpose now is to be the Quickstep bot then. Alright, thanks for the help.
>>
Let's make this a general EO thread while we're at it.

EOV is for Wii U, calling it now.
>>
>>274703815
Don't come crying to us when it isn't.
>>
>>274703815

Etrian odyssey is as dead as the MC from EOU2
>>
>>274705161
why
>>
>>274705362
because ssq2 MC dies at the end of the game
>>
>>274705690
no
>>
>>274705690

We don't know that
>>
>>274706149
Not him, but the game has been out in Japan for a week. The ending and every boss fight are on YouTube if you want to look them up.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.