[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will games be fun again /v/? I used to play games for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: seriousBusiness.jpg (240KB, 454x709px) Image search: [Google]
seriousBusiness.jpg
240KB, 454x709px
When will games be fun again /v/?

I used to play games for the pure sense of magic, discovery and fun that developers tried to pack into every title. Things are just too edgy for me now..
>>
>>273012224
Games are still fun, you've just become old and jaded and bored with them and are trying to justify it to yourself by saying "Nu-uh, I still like games, they just suck now".
>>
>>273012361
so which games now will give me a sense of magic, discovery and fun?

i think largely the market just went in a bad direction because muh edgy teens or something. hopefully in 5-10years everyone will be bored and we'll come full circle. Indie games seem to do well, and Doom3 > Doom4 looks like an improvement from what they've said.
>>
>>273012224
just pick up serious sam 3 or painkiller hell & damnation and you'll find that there are still a few fpses that focus on fun
>>
A disproportionally large portion of my favourite games/total conversion mods are more-or-less recent (like Dominions 4 and Mount and Blade: Warband with mods like 1257AD) or still being developed (like UnReal World or Dwarf Fortress). I don't see a problem.
>>
>>273012224
so do you even know what "edgy" means any more or do you just use it to refer to anything you don't like
>>
>>273012665
those are like 2 games compared to the majority of
>PRIVATE, GET ON THAT MG
>WE GOTTA PROTECT THE CONVOY
>UR A CREDIT TO THE SERVICE, MARINE

i doubt anyone under 20 even knows who serious sam is
>>
File: new games.jpg (17KB, 317x475px) Image search: [Google]
new games.jpg
17KB, 317x475px
>>273012596
New discoveries await you, anon!
>>
>>273012224
When you stop defaulting to AAA games.
Look elsewhere.
>>
>>273012361
>implying I don't play older games on consoles I've never own and have the fun of my life
You're the one with shit standards
>>
>>273012686
You might just be a big fucking pleb.
>>
>>273012686
This OP, You've become so used to games that basic mechanics no long satisfy you.

Games were always like this to some extent, they've just got more ambitious and follow slightly different trends.

Games like Delta Force were basic military shooters at the same time as Serious Sam was among the arcade shooters.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.